Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Oct 10, 2008 9:09 PM

May 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Another episodic plot, bummer about the second person to make the deal. I couldn't do it.
My anime list
May 17, 2009 5:06 AM

Mar 2009
Woow i loved that anime so much!! \(^_^)/
Jul 26, 2009 6:35 AM

Jul 2009
Pretty intense episode.
Sep 18, 2009 3:33 PM

Aug 2009
Whoa, so that 2nd inspector is the real culprit. I didn't see that coming.

I see where this Anime is going. It's an episodic series. That is what makes this show unique.
Nov 18, 2009 11:22 PM
Nov 2009
it sucks that the girl who made the deal has to go to hell this girl was really kind of effrf
Dec 19, 2009 7:09 PM

Dec 2007
Moonfrost said:
Whoa, so that 2nd inspector is the real culprit. I didn't see that coming.

Same.

This one makes more sense and made the deal more worth bargaining for. Although seriously. 1 year and the police couldn't catch a stalker. You know somethings wrong. I have to question human stupidity sometimes.
Jan 26, 2010 8:33 AM

Jan 2009
Moonfrost said:

I see where this Anime is going. It's an episodic series. That is what makes this show unique.

Episodic does not make it unique, it's quite the contrary actually.

But even though it is episodic I still like it. This show does a good job of making you feel real bad for the victim and totally understanding why the want revenge. Than you have Ai with just an amazing creepiness, looking forward to the rest of the series.
Jan 31, 2010 2:37 AM

Aug 2008
i liked the police manipulation, officer said it's the other person but it was him.
thelittlecrow said:
it sucks that the girl who made the deal has to go to hell

true. but however, it's a contract
Mar 18, 2010 1:00 PM

Aug 2008
Woah I didn't expect a policeman to be the culprit much less the inspector himself!
Creepy oji-san. >.>
Apr 18, 2010 4:10 AM

Feb 2010
It's so good and shackling..
The ending is just adorable.
Apr 30, 2010 7:50 AM

Jun 2009
Better episode than the first, but i can see this getting old quick.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Jun 22, 2010 6:13 PM
May 2008
Definitely better than the first, but still incredibly underwhelming.
Dead Account
Please Delete
Sep 4, 2010 6:18 AM

Aug 2009
hm I didn't like how that second inspector was the culprit. The first one looked more psycho than him. So the revelation made go like "wtf!" more than be surprised.
In any case this girl's story was more intense and difficult to solve without the help of Jigoku Shoujo than the first one. I mean a stalker being the head of the police department? ouch... :S
But watching this anime I can't help but wonder how shortsighted we are as humans with our flesh and bones. We only look our present and can't think further in the future. Even if those people know they'll go to hell for an ETERNITY they choose to save their short lives now... which might be even shorter than they imagine. I love how this show points out this characteristic of our nature. How we are rushing, fragile, vulnerable.

4/5 for this, only because i didn't like the story evolution so much in this and the culprit's character wasn't intense or weird enough to persuade. Not to get misunderstood... The stalker as an idea is greatly intense but just this exact character wasn't what i had in mind for a psycho stalker...
JusticeUndoneSep 4, 2010 6:30 AM
“In a mad world, only the mad are sane.”Akira Kurosawa
Oct 14, 2010 8:13 PM

Sep 2009
Must admit, I slept thru the first epi of this anime.
Not cuz of the story! it was late and I was rly sleepy so I only caught tidbits.
Any I liked this epi. creepy stalker was creepy.
Altho I can see how it could become repetitive, I hope they find ways to avoid that eventually~
Dec 25, 2010 9:44 PM

Jan 2010
an ok episode
Feb 14, 2011 7:55 AM

Dec 2008
Another good episode.
This show is pretty intense, when you think about the fact that it's about more than dragging a deserving soul to hell. The requester also has to decide if what is being done to them is worth selling their own soul to hell. That's pretty damn deep.
Feb 15, 2011 10:59 PM

Oct 2008
That would be so freaky.
Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated.~
Feb 17, 2011 12:36 PM

Feb 2010
Did anyone else notice his reflection in the glass at the hospital?
I hope there develops more of an overall storyline, though. This episodic stuff gets old fast. Especially with this much repetition.
It's not breaking in if the door is unlocked.

Apr 1, 2011 6:39 PM

Mar 2010
Decent episode. I'm really disliking the fact that this anime is episodic and not a true-to-self story. Oh, well. Looking forward to the next!
Jan 15, 2012 1:42 AM

Dec 2011
Aniki1990 said:

Yes, I did. I had to skip back 10 seconds to see if perhaps I had just imagined it.

I love this anime so far! So beautiful and creative! I want one of those straw dolls such as from this website or possibly this one... But I want a black one (duh!) so I must wait for them to restock.

The website is this: It will 404 if it's not midnight
I want to try it just to meet Enma-san <3 but I desire no revenge atm... Oh, well.
Signature:
May 7, 2012 9:46 PM

Feb 2012
The two "punishment" sequences so far have featured generic horror-type stuff, like blood spurting from a faucet -- the series will grow trite if the episodes continue like that. Instead, I wish the punishments would run parallel to their sins. In this episode, for example, the Chief could've been "stalked" by death in the same way that he stalked Ryoko -- like opening a door and being buried under a mountain of dead hamsters or insects that tumbles out.

I love the concept of the series and I've loved the concepts of the first two episodes, but the scripts and storyboards of those episodes were just going through the motions.
May 31, 2012 6:50 PM

Oct 2010
It was so obviously that he was the stalker the whole time -_-
Aug 4, 2012 8:10 PM

May 2012
Great and interesting, will this anime be like one story per episode? Either way it's quite interesting little but quite compact story's!

Didn't liked the OP that much but the ED is still quite nice!
Sep 14, 2012 12:07 PM

Apr 2011
Man, another bystander has to go to hell, after there death... in this episode, it seem the offender pushes the victim into making the deal. Her life was threaten and she had to pull the string to save herself. Kind of debatable situation. Let say you live to 100 yr, but probably burn in hell forever...

note* in certain religion, you burn in hell for a certain time and get a second chance in the reincarnation cycle again. Maybe first off as an animal etc...

Looking forward to Emma Ai background, hopefully a personality.

and OMG@ plot twist, did not expect the old dude to be the offender.
Sep 24, 2012 2:54 PM
The Priest Esser

Nov 2011
I love the ending
idk why I was here but I'm prob back to playing Dragon's Dogma 2 again when you read this

Oct 29, 2012 3:17 PM

Jun 2011
Lol 2 episodes in and I already know its not my thing, too repetitive for me.. Might watch one episode at a time
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Feb 9, 2013 10:51 AM

Aug 2012
1) Oh ok.. I get it now.. Ai and her partners are the main characters.. I didn't realize that in episode 1 XD

2) Is it just me, or does Ai doesn't seem to enjoy her job.. but it looks like the other dudes do

3) I wonder if this whole anime is just going to be about victims getting punished for getting revenge on their attackers.. or if the later episodes will gradually focus more on Ai and the crew.. or perhaps someone actually tries to fight the punishment or something.. or even fight Ai or something.. hmm.. Will watch the next o.o
sexual incest in nisomonogatari - no one bats an eye
romance incest in SAO - everyone loses their minds
Mar 20, 2013 7:57 AM
Apr 2010
How did she know the name of her stalker?
Jun 13, 2013 4:58 PM

Jun 2012
I need to say for this girl there was really no option other then making the deal she was about to get killed or raped or what ever. still don't know what this show got to bring but so far so good.

I think people will try to fight back later on but also think its useless cause the person they need to fight is not even alive so how you kill it and comes from the deepest parts of hell what you gone do all I can say I wish them luck.
"When a flat-chested loli hugs you, she holds you closer to her heart"
"--I am a single bullet. It has no heart. Therefore, it does not think. It just flies straight towards its target."
Sep 14, 2013 6:36 PM

Apr 2008
What year is this anime set in?
If it's present day or so (2005 when it aired), it would be possible for the girl to block that number and any other number the stalker sent messages from :P
My cellphone is more than 10 years old, and I can block numbers if I want.
FluffyDangoSep 14, 2013 6:39 PM

Mar 13, 2014 11:06 PM

Aug 2013
^ Well.. never know how stalkers think. He could just get a new anonymous number and keep going.

Okayy.. the guy trolled me.. I didn't thought it would be the other detective. *nice one*
That little kitten song is creeping me out.. hahaha.
Too bad she had to pull the string.. torture that bastard for eternity man.
Enmai Ai.. you are beautiful. I can't take my eyes off you. <3
Apr 29, 2014 4:20 PM

Apr 2014
Personally, this episode was immensely boring. Is this supposed to be a horror series? Because it sure doesn't feel like it. Also, was that supposed to be a jumpscare where Ryouko actually has the face of a skull?
... It's so predictable.

I was excited about watching this because it had great reviews (that I'd seen, at least) but it's been nothing but a disappointment. I'll probably watch one more episode before dropping...
Sep 16, 2014 12:24 PM

Jan 2014
Another good episode.
ahxiian said:
Enmai Ai.. you are beautiful. I can't take my eyes off you. <3

XD
Sep 23, 2014 2:02 AM

Feb 2013
Well this episode was much better then the first one, though I can see this series getting really repetitive if it continues like this.

The detective being the stalker actually surprised me, wasn't expecting that. Glad he got what was coming to him, though i felt bad for the girl in the end.

Also that box of bugs he sent her was disgusting >_<.
Shape430Sep 23, 2014 9:17 AM
Oct 11, 2014 2:50 PM

Dec 2012
If this is going to be episodic, I might be wrestling over who deserves what each time. It didn't take long to find someone who deserved what was coming, but now I feel a bit empty knowing that Ryouko has to pay equally to her stalker for acting out of self defense.
Mar 3, 2015 12:11 PM

Jun 2014
Pretty decent episode! Did not see the head of the police being the true culprit. I seriously almost cried tears of joy when the dad was alive at the end. I loved seeing how supportive her family was for Ryoko.

I am still really entrigued by Ai and her gang! Hope to learn more about them at some point.~
Mar 29, 2015 1:34 PM

Jul 2013
ok but on the real note that demon guy with the fringe is so hot
Apr 10, 2015 3:50 AM

Sep 2013
The dub voice for Ai is so shit it hurts
Jul 27, 2015 8:58 PM

Feb 2013
That was a pretty sweet episode. Did NOT see the other police officer being the stalker coming at all.

I've been meaning to check out this show for quite some time, but never got around to it until now.....I'm not too big on eposodic anime, but I assume with it being 3 seasons and what it's rated as it should be good.
Aug 15, 2015 5:30 PM

Nov 2014
dat plot twist
Dec 10, 2015 5:15 AM

Jan 2012
i haven't done anything wrong they all say it.

Feb 1, 2016 3:32 AM

Apr 2011
It was an alright episode. Way too predictable for my liking, you could easily tell it was the 2nd inspector from the voice on the phone at the very start :/
Feb 7, 2016 10:08 PM
Apr 2013
Finally started this series and, though it seems like it'll be pretty episodic like some people have said, I hope the background story gets to be explored as well like Ai's grandma and what kind of family they are, how did they get there, why do they do the things they do etc
Also, it'd be amazing to have characters that decide against making the contract, that find a way out without needing Ai, and it would be incredible if that could also add something for her character development (and everybody else's). I think it'd also show the many faces of humans. I look forward to the next episodes <3
Mar 20, 2016 2:33 AM

Mar 2015
That's a great episode. So it seems to be really a one-episode thing.

It is interesting though the way they scare the bad guys.

Mar 22, 2016 9:33 AM
Mar 2016
The first episode was way better for me
Sep 17, 2016 5:03 PM

Mar 2012
Freaking stalkers and their creepy shit. This case was different to the first in the fact that her life and parent's lives were in danger so she didn't really have much of a choice but to use the doll. Had she not done so, she would've died and after finding out her dad was still alive the stalker would've just gone to the hospital to finish the job. Enjoy your time in hell you POS.

Also, the fact that the stalker was a member of the police force is pretty disturbing. You never know how many times that's been the case in real life.

Aniki1990 said:

Woah, didn't notice that :o Nice catch.
Oct 30, 2016 10:55 PM
Jul 2016
It kinda ruins the whole thing for me knowing that the episode's antagonist is gonna get sent to hell by the end of the episode no matter what. But I heard that by around season 3 the show gets a lot deeper in meaning, so I'll stay optimistic.
Dec 14, 2016 1:05 PM

Apr 2012
opal909 said:
ok but on the real note that demon guy with the fringe is so hot

Haha word!

I felt even worse for Ryouko because unlike Mayumi who COULD have told the truth to her teacher or parents (I know it's very difficult, but the option was there) she sort of had no choice as to whether to pull the string and condemn herself to hell or not -- if she hadn't, he was going to bash her brains in with a shovel :<

I quite like watching an episodic anime from time to time but so far I'm not sure if I really like this one or not lol. Only two episodes in I guess I can't say for sure yet.
Dec 23, 2016 9:19 PM

Sep 2013
I know others have said it, but I hope that this story doesn't use the same formulas for 26 episodes straight. It's been good so far but I don't want to see 24 more episodes that all use the exact same framework.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Jigoku Shoujo Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 )

redbuzz - May 8, 2008

69 by kirA_-_ »»
Mar 30, 5:21 PM

Poll: » Jigoku Shoujo Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Predseln - Apr 16, 2009

70 by kirA_-_ »»
Mar 30, 3:23 PM

Poll: » Jigoku Shoujo Episode 11 Discussion

Moonfrost - Sep 19, 2009

47 by kirA_-_ »»
Mar 29, 11:23 AM

Poll: » Jigoku Shoujo Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Chilli-Kun - Jan 31, 2008

78 by kirA_-_ »»
Mar 29, 10:36 AM

Poll: » Jigoku Shoujo Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

sugarplumfairy - Oct 2, 2008

91 by kirA_-_ »»
Mar 14, 4:17 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.