Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 10, 2007 1:15 PM

Apr 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Yasako's one force to be reckoned with now. I wonder what happened to her brother. Also I wonder if the little boy Yasako remembers really is Haraken. Haraken is like a man possessed concerning Kanna. I hope he gets the answers he's been looking for.
tainteddonutSep 10, 2007 4:21 PM

...even a saint needs a soldier to do the dirty work.
Feb 5, 2008 6:00 AM

Jan 2008
I like the concept of walking a certain route to unlock a secret message. Denno Coil's depiction of the cyber world interacting with the real world is really cool, if a little mindboggling at times.
"I'm starting to think mal is run by Xinil generating electricity on a bicycle." - idklol
Mar 31, 2008 2:45 PM

Mar 2008
Cihan, I agree. Hopefully a better understanding of the whole interaction between the two comes out as this series develops towards its conclusion.

"There is no such thing as God in this world." -Setsuna F. Seiei
Aug 25, 2009 9:36 AM

Sep 2008
Isako seems pretty dangerous now. But at least Daichi's not a part of her group anymore... Maybe this means he and Denpa can team up with Fumie, Yasako, and Haraken. Add Fumie's little brother and you'd have an awesome hacker squad (because of Akira's little spying mouse thing).

I hope Haraken get eventually get over Kanna's death. He seems obsessed with it, and the mystery surrounding her, to an unhealthy extent. D: (But I suppose it's to be expected...)
Mar 29, 2010 10:42 PM

Sep 2008
merle_noir said:
Isako seems pretty dangerous now. But at least Daichi's not a part of her group anymore... Maybe this means he and Denpa can team up with Fumie, Yasako, and Haraken. Add Fumie's little brother and you'd have an awesome hacker squad (because of Akira's little spying mouse thing).

I hope Haraken get eventually get over Kanna's death. He seems obsessed with it, and the mystery surrounding her, to an unhealthy extent. D: (But I suppose it's to be expected...)

Fumie's brother's spy pet has been spying on Isako this entire episode. I wonder whats his motive, maybe to leak information to her older sister.
Sep 9, 2010 2:26 PM

Mar 2008
Awwwh cute flashback!
I hope it's Haraken~ XD
Awwwwhhhhhhh she likes him too XD This is so totally making me love it some more!

*Ten minutes later*
*heart breaks
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 29, 2011 4:15 PM

Oct 2009
The flashback is cute. I'm guessing that the 4423 person Yasako met could be Isako's brother maybe?
Oct 20, 2011 9:30 AM

Feb 2011
bittersweet flashbacks o.o

it was from the previous episode, but i found interesting how the ghost stories(the one about the crossroad+pet) about michiko resemble what happened to kanna :/

yep the spy pet and its owner are suspicious, i'm opting for fummie's brother is acting under order of the last 2 from the hacking club which are still with isako, and which don't trust her

Fixes to make the Profile more bearable after "the Modern★Profile★Update★★Rip★Profile★"
Aug 27, 2013 5:47 AM
Apr 2012
oh, someone new showed up.

Sweet flashback and tragic heartbreak. All in one.
Jan 5, 2014 9:42 AM

Apr 2012
I thought this was going to be like my Neighbour Totoro set in the future but its so much more complex than that.
Feb 24, 2014 3:27 PM

May 2012
Pretty interesting development to be honest, I really like where this is going!
Apr 13, 2014 4:38 PM

Dec 2011
i wonder why there are no cyber police if there is illegal activity such as encoder
or encoder just illegal not against the law..
why the hacker club are not beat isako with real blow if she is annoying and take her glasses,, i guess it will give her a lesson.. LOL
Feb 25, 2015 4:39 PM

Aug 2013
Ousto said:
The flashback is cute. I'm guessing that the 4423 person Yasako met could be Isako's brother maybe?

I think it's her brother, too.
Jul 18, 2015 9:12 PM

Jun 2014
"Another one"?! That means Isako has fused with several other Kirabugs already.
And Isako was talking about her brother to herself, so I assume her brother is also dead. So that's how she's connected to the 4423 and dead sibling stuff.

Okay, so Isako has been talking to her uncle on the phone this whole time im guessing.

WAT who was that guy with the camera? Somehow connected to Kanna, as he knows the "route" too?
Jun 29, 2016 7:58 AM

Jul 2013
I'm sensing a slight change of pace from this episode, it gets a little more mature the way I see it.
May 25, 2017 4:01 AM

Jul 2008
So Isako has a brother, Kanna had found something, and 4423 shows up again...yeah I really have forgotten how this show goes.
May 11, 2018 3:17 PM

Nov 2016
Ok,this episode finally gave some obvious hints about Isakos objective.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Nov 12, 2018 7:27 PM
Mar 2017
Ziepth said:
i wonder why there are no cyber police if there is illegal activity such as encoder
or encoder just illegal not against the law..
why the hacker club are not beat isako with real blow if she is annoying and take her glasses,, i guess it will give her a lesson.. LOL
I also thought about it, but the only thing they could do is remove the glasses one day, the next day all the data of their glasses would be filtered, even the nudes ...
Nobody would want to become an enemy of a Cracker, better to stop being his lackey. Like daichi and the fat one
The question isn't "What anime do you like?" That is merely a list.
The question is "Why do you like it?" That tells a story. Your story.
Jan 27, 2019 4:43 PM
Aug 2018
I wonder what is going on with Isako. She clearly seems to be evil and the antagonist in this anime. After absorbing that white thing, she just disappeared in the fog. How is that even possible? But to be honest, I still don't get why the children start to show these cyber artifact things when they get shot.

I have to give it that, it leaves you in suspense about what the greater picture is. So many unanswered questions so far. For a Mystery anime, that is quiet good.
Jan 9, 2021 2:12 AM

Feb 2012
I just realized that the card indicating a commercial break is a picture of the butt of Fumie's weird pet. Was it always like that? :D

The end (the picture the photographer took) looked like a reference to Serial Experiments Lain, the position of the characters standing and the flock of jackdaws flying.

I'm still a bit confused about how the cyber world works since sometimes the characters behave as if their real bodies have been hurt by cyber attacks. My interpretation is that the glasses don't merely read the movements of the real body and apply them to cyber objects, but that there is a virtual body which is used to interact with pets and other objects. And that is overlaid with your actual body, which is how we saw the virtual one out of sync with Harakawa's real body. That cyber body can be damaged by attacks, which would then prevent you from interacting with things or functioning in the cyber world.
FeorgJan 9, 2021 2:17 AM
Aug 10, 2021 7:39 AM

Jul 2017
Another really good episode and I continue to admire the way the show integrates the cyber world aspects with the real world to decipher messages along the way, and this episode also finally started to make some progress in slowly elaborating some details regarding Isako's motives and even a bit of Yasako's past and how she was linked to 4423, along with how Kanna felt about Haraken and how that's motivated him even more to search for the truth (although his mind definitely won't be in a healthy state of mind).
Apr 7, 2022 8:30 PM

Feb 2021
Huh, I guess I understand Isako's motives a little more after this. Apparently she has an older brother too and her hospitalized uncle might get involved
Oct 1, 2022 9:59 PM

Jan 2020
Look at them, trying to humanize Yuko. I can't imagine anything happening that would make me like her or even sympathize with her. I feel like she's too far gone for me to really care about.

I'm tepidly leaning towards 4423 being Harakawa, mostly because when the flashback ended and the scene transitioned to the present the silhouettes for the two characters were lined up and seemed to be a decent match. That sort of cinematography was most certainly done on purpose. Though, someone in this thread mentioned it possibly being Yuko's brother. So, that's an interesting theory too.

If nothing else, this episode seemed like it went by much faster than the previous ones. Things are picking up, even if only a little.

"...Is your mother worried? Would you like us to assign someone to worry your mother?"

Dec 20, 2022 8:07 PM
Jan 2017
Wait! Another mysterious character comes on stage.
Jan 16, 2023 12:07 AM

Jan 2014
i dont get the route thing

More topics from this board

Poll: » Denno Coil Episode 26 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Zel - Dec 8, 2007

138 by Ratris_Decision »»
Apr 16, 2:24 AM

Poll: » Denno Coil Episode 23 Discussion

_edge_ - Nov 29, 2007

31 by Ratris_Decision »»
Apr 15, 2:40 AM

Poll: » Denno Coil Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Kimura - Oct 30, 2007

62 by Ratris_Decision »»
Apr 13, 1:49 AM

Poll: » Denno Coil Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

MasterChief - Aug 10, 2007

106 by Ratris_Decision »»
Apr 11, 2:07 AM

Poll: » Denno Coil Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Siing - May 17, 2007

60 by Slice-of-sky »»
Jul 6, 2023 2:00 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.