Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Aug 6, 2012 9:20 AM

Oct 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Why is this being released on the 21st of December 2012?

Mod Edit: Next time make an episode discussion only after you have seen the episode.
LunaDec 31, 2012 3:44 AM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 29, 2012 6:09 PM

Apr 2008
This was great. The last episode was like the 10th volume of Hellsing.
Dec 30, 2012 12:05 AM
Oct 2010
Great end! Amazing series.. 9/10 from me.
Dec 30, 2012 12:41 AM

Feb 2010
took them long enough but it finally over 9/10 great show nonetheless.
Dec 30, 2012 3:24 AM

Feb 2011
Ok watched the raw ..... alot of speeches that needs to be understood . I'll watch it subbed when the subs will be out . Great show anyway . 10/10 nuff said . Missed this gore .
Dec 30, 2012 3:52 AM

Jan 2011
RIP Walter and welcome back Alucard!
9/10

Dec 30, 2012 8:19 AM

Aug 2009
So, after all these years, the curtain finally falls, eh. It was such a great journey and I will surely miss waiting ages for a new Hellsing Ultimate episode :)

As expected, they adapted the manga very faithfully up to the very end. I thought I'd find this part a bit slow, but I ended up enjoying every bit of it.
metamorphiusDec 30, 2012 8:22 AM
Dec 30, 2012 2:14 PM

Feb 2009
Just saw it but raw. Will re-watch it again when the subs come out. This was simply a masterpiece, Hellsing Ultimate will go down as one of the greatest anime series ever created and Alucard is the best vampire character ever made in any medium. 10/10
Dec 30, 2012 3:56 PM

Nov 2010
Just watched it raw, that was a good episode. Crazy how he killed all of the lives that were inside of him. How was Seras able to just get that cannon from nowhere, and Integra got darker as she aged.

I liked it when Allucard said "I am no longer here, I am no longer anywhere, I can go anywhere, that's why I'm here." Which I believe is what Schrodinger's Cat said.
Dec 30, 2012 4:24 PM

Sep 2010
IntroverTurtle said:
Just watched it raw, that was a good episode. Crazy how he killed all of the lives that were inside of him. How was Seras able to just get that cannon from nowhere, and Integra got darker as she aged.

I don't think she got darker, it's the lighting/gloom choice to contrast Alucard and Integra in the ending to make them striking and stand out.
Dec 31, 2012 8:54 PM

Jun 2011
Watched it raw and waiting for subs. It's simply a pity such a brilliant series comes to an end. 10/10
Jan 1, 2013 6:03 PM

Aug 2012
It was a great series and it had a great ending... I loved it!

So it took 30 years for him to return... and what a reunion it was. :D LOL
From 3 million plus more lives to just one.

Sent with Mal Updater
I never go back on my words... that's my NINDO... MY NINJA WAY!!!
Visit my deviantART Gallery
Jan 2, 2013 2:02 PM

Oct 2012
On average, over 30 years he killed one of his absorbed tainted souls every 276 seconds or 4.60 minutes. Some souls were probably harder to kill than others.
Jan 2, 2013 6:03 PM
Sep 2011
MARCH ON TO THE TENTH CRUSADE!
Jan 2, 2013 6:55 PM
Oct 2010
this shit was so win. great shit. journey finally over, even after reading the manga years ago wathcing it all was so great
Dont bother replying to my posts in forums, dont check them afterwards.

Jan 2, 2013 7:27 PM

Jan 2012
the subs are out I guess i'm gonna have to rewatch the first 9 again then watch this
Jan 2, 2013 8:27 PM

Jan 2010
i will miss this show so much it hurts
Jan 3, 2013 12:50 AM

Apr 2012
Man, i can't believe it's finally over.
A satisfying end for such a badass anime.
Jan 3, 2013 2:13 AM

Jul 2010
An OK episode for a last one, I guess. Several fights were concluded in one chapter, so it seemed kinda fast-paced. IMO, the deaths would have had more impact if the series was episodic. Still, a great series overall.

P.S. The episode was translated poorly though :P
The big brown fox jumps over the lazy dog
Jan 3, 2013 2:20 AM

Apr 2009
Bigbuffoon said:
P.S. The episode was translated poorly though :P

Pretty much every episode has been translated poorly initially.
That's why it is wise to wait for proper subs.
Jan 3, 2013 2:45 AM

Mar 2010
So, it's over. It wasn't bad. It went overboard... pretty much everywhere. Most of the abilities everyone had were impossible and explained (if at all) as magic. The lack of story hurt it in my eyes a lot. Correct me if I'm wrong but the only story we had was that a mad man was trying to kill Alucard. But the fights were somewhat entertaining and the characters weren't bad either... at least some of them. Art was amazing and sound as well. Overall, it didn't fail to entertain me and unlike a few anime I've finished recently, it didn't feel like a complete waste of time. However, the "comedic" scenes this episode looked outright stupid and not funny at all. Maybe it would have been better if it wasn't drawn that way. 7/10
Jan 3, 2013 4:22 AM

Nov 2010
It was a great end. I love it.
I was shocked when I found out that Doc whant do bring back Mina Harker and I'm curious what would have happened if he would be able to do it.
Jan 3, 2013 4:41 AM

Apr 2009
anaVampire said:
I was shocked when I found out that Doc whant do bring back Mina Harker and I'm curious what would have happened if he would be able to do it.

Except Doc never planned to bring Mina back.
He simply used her corpse to get samples of vampiric tissues, that was the beginning of the whole artificial vampire project.
Jan 3, 2013 6:20 AM

Apr 2009
shadowtsunami said:
But just like hikaruzumi said the comedic scenes at the end where pretty stupid and took away from the seriousness lol.

That was kinda the point. To cheer us up and to leave the story at a more lighthearted note instead of a dead serious grim.
Jan 3, 2013 6:33 AM

Jul 2010
Klimat said:
shadowtsunami said:
But just like hikaruzumi said the comedic scenes at the end where pretty stupid and took away from the seriousness lol.

That was kinda the point. To cheer us up and to leave the story at a more lighthearted note instead of dead serious grim.

You have to admit though that Hellsing's comedy was rather bleak; lame, even. I'm not saying Hellsing should have no comedy at all, but a different type of comedy might've worked better for this somewhat serious anime.
The big brown fox jumps over the lazy dog
Jan 3, 2013 6:53 AM

Apr 2012
Agreed, the comedy was by far the weakest part of the series.
Jan 3, 2013 8:56 AM

Aug 2010
The comedy really doesn't fit here XD

But the episode was awesome, Seras really has come a long way...she's totally BA now :)

Loved the ending with the reunion :D
Jan 3, 2013 9:17 AM

Apr 2009
I can totally see and understand why some may not like Hellsing comedy, also in several episodes it was pretty random (Willis dream for example), but even if you are not found of the art style, you should agree at least in episode 10 the substance behind crazy drawings was important to character portrayal, particularly to depict Seras/Integra cute relationships as they turned up to become in 30 years time spawn.
Jan 3, 2013 10:08 AM

Jun 2009
Horribly funny subs are horribly funny. I didn't feel like I missed much though.

Meh, it was an okay show. Not really worth all those years of waiting for new eps if you ask me. Good action and gore, almost non existent plot...7/10
Jan 3, 2013 10:33 AM

Sep 2008
Farewell Hellsing Ultimate, farewell Alucard. It's been a long time since it all started but I can't say I won't miss it. Yes, it's been only 10 episodes and yes, it's been huge waiting in between, but for all that, it was worth it.

I enjoyed it way more than 90% of other shows I watch and I kept waiting for more and more and more. Those comic moments really destroyed the mood in this episode, what should've ended on a dramatic and glorious comeback of one of the most memorable characters in anime was made into a joke. Who the frack came up with that idea: "Hey guys, you know that super-famous character which made the show really great and good? Yeah, I think when he dies and comes back after 30 years we should make it like a comedy comic book."

Oh well, 8/10. I'd rate it higher but some parts were not so great and where the show should've had its climax when it comes to battle, episode 9, that's where it lacked the most and left me wanting for something more, it just felt bland and not in tone with the other episodes. Still, I loved it.
Jan 3, 2013 10:47 AM

Apr 2009
nina4life said:
Who the frack came up with that idea: "Hey guys, you know that super-famous character which made the show really great and good? Yeah, I think when he dies and comes back after 30 years we should make it like a comedy comic book."

It was Kouta Hirano, the original author and creator of Hellsing =).
Jan 3, 2013 11:20 AM

Nov 2010
Klimat said:
anaVampire said:

Except Doc never planned to bring Mina back.
He simply used her corpse to get samples of vampiric tissues, that was the beginning of the whole artificial vampire project.

Sorry for mistake, but that part wasn't sub on the version I saw. I just hear her name and I remained like a statue XD
Jan 3, 2013 11:31 AM

Sep 2008
Klimat said:
nina4life said:
Who the frack came up with that idea: "Hey guys, you know that super-famous character which made the show really great and good? Yeah, I think when he dies and comes back after 30 years we should make it like a comedy comic book."

It was Kouta Hirano, the original author and creator of Hellsing =).

Well that's actually funny(unlike the comedy in this episode). The one who made it all as good as it was destroyed most important part. Oh sweet irony.
Then again, after creating so much crazy stuff I guess it's normal to go a little crazy yourself :P
Jan 3, 2013 12:33 PM
Jan 2011
Great art and animation, but partially ruined by the plot being a lot of hot air, and the retarded comedy moments. They should've trimmed down at least 2 episodes if they wanted to provide consistent quality in the series. For me it's 7/10 overall.

Kind of nostalgic to see this end, though. I think this was the second anime series I started watching. Now my anime list has nearly 100 entries.
Jan 3, 2013 12:46 PM

Mar 2009
Glorious
Jan 3, 2013 3:47 PM
Dec 2012
Pretty Solid. The comedic tone that was throughout the second half sorta doesn't fit in with the rest of the OVA's, but I was satisfied and I've seen worse instances where it clashed in a far more unpleasant fashion (:Cough: Blood C).

I enjoyed the much more badass Seras, and the animation was ridiculous as always.

8/10
Jan 3, 2013 7:27 PM

Feb 2012
I think that under all the gore it still fell into using too many shounen cliches, like weaklings having strong plot armors and everyone who was powerful was being a suicidal emo. That really made the whole thing taste like standard porridge. It has cool moments, but when it tried to be dramatic it was just bad because the characters have zero presence. They look cool, that is all.
Jan 3, 2013 11:19 PM
(Gamer)

Aug 2009
Now those are some OVAs. Walter was "beautiful" at the end.

Jan 4, 2013 12:19 AM

Sep 2010
Just to clarify something about Hellsing.

The manga first volume was fairly comedy-based with action. It didn't take itself seriously. The first OVA did a poor job in adapting the first manga (rushed pacing, complete destruction of some characterization: Integra acted like a tsundere around Alucard since chapter 1, it came out nowhere in OVA 3-4 without this portrayal). The last chapter, Romancia, is a return to the beginning before the Nazis tensed the relaxed atmosphere of the organisation.
ThessJan 4, 2013 1:37 AM
Jan 4, 2013 3:24 AM

Jul 2011
Damn good episode! ^^
I was waiting for last episode sometime and finally it came out!

Alucard was cool and Seras too :3

"A half moon, it has a dark half and a bright half, just like me…", Yuno Gasai
Jan 4, 2013 3:36 AM

Sep 2008
wow, finally get to see this series end. I think this is the only anime that ain't shonen that's sat on my list for a few years now. Can finally see it complete. As for this ep as well as whole OVA's: 9/10 from me. The wait was worth it all.
Jan 4, 2013 5:19 AM
Lewd Depresso

Jul 2008
Great series 10/10 .. wasnt really fond of art style but it wasnt big reason enough to lower score.

Ayways badass vampire is still alive and im glad :D

Real immortal vampire!
Jan 4, 2013 8:14 AM

Nov 2011
It has been weeks and still no good subs, maybe i'll just watch it raw.

My Twitter : link
My Last.fm : link
Jan 4, 2013 12:19 PM

May 2012
What an amazing yet subtle and appropriate ending to a great anime! Alucard is easily one of the best characters in anime, period. But lets not forget other awesome characters like Seras, Intergra, the Major, Walter, Pip and Anderson!

9.5/10

Although i do have some questions that i hope the Hellsing expert on the boards (aka "Klimat") can explain:

-Why/How was Alucard defeated? So there's a river of blood going through London leading into Alucard, feasting on it. Schrödinger(sp) appears, cuts his throat and dives in. Alucard absorbs him and.... He's defeated. Because Schrödinger is like the Chesire Cat apparently. Dont think that's a relevant explanation. Why did he disappear into a brick?

-Right before Alucard disappears into said brick, he whispers something which is not translated in the subs. What did he say?

-Exactly why did Walter betray the Hellsing's? In the beginning of the series he's all gung-ho for fighting monsters, but then at the end he hates the Hellsing's for some reason. Does he just change allegiances at drop of a hat?

-What was the Mina Harker reference about? I know she was one of the people who killed Dracula way back when, but what was the nazi's doing with her remains? The scene briefly flashes to a person wrapped in chains and other utilities, which we also saw in The Dawn: Episode 2. Were they using her for experiments?

-Who's the fencing guy with the mustache at the end? Some important character's son? (Funny "off-model action" going on there, by the way!)

***These questions may be because of the atrocious subtitles i were stuck with but whatever, i couldn't wait any longer lol***
who_dat_ninjaJan 4, 2013 4:19 PM
Jan 4, 2013 1:55 PM

Apr 2009
IcecreamManwich said:
Why/How was Alucard defeated? So there's a river of blood going through London leading into Alucard, feasting on it. Schrödinger(sp) appears, cuts his throat and dives in. Alucard absorbs him and.... He's defeated. Because Schrödinger is like the Chesire Cat apparently. Dont think that's a relevant explanation. Why did he disappear into a brick?

Schrödinger himself is a big reference to quantum physics theory, precisely to Schrödinger's cat thought experiment. I suggest you to read the article on Wiki for better understanding, there it is explained better than I can represent with my bad English =).
Now onto how Schrödinger's cat has been used by Hirano. Vampire Alucard is basically a huge host, kinda like a living server, he can absorb people's personalities (souls if you want) by devouring their blood, thus hosting them inside of him, having access to their skills and knowledge, being able to summon them from inside of him back to the world outside or to pay with their lives to survive when being killed himself (it's like a Mario game where you gain lives by devouring enemies). Thing is, the nature of Schrödinger's identity is different from identity of regular people in principle. He is everywhere and nowhere at the same time, he can manifest himself into the world as long as he can recognize his existence, as long as he can observe himself (that's the part from the physics theory I was talking before). When devoured by Alucard, Schrödinger's consciousness got blended with other souls around, thus he was not able to recognize himself, thus he slipped from existence into nowhere. On account of being a part of the River of Death that is in its turn a part of Alucard himself Schrödinger's state transferred to the whole system.
In other words, if Alucard is a host server, Schrödinger is a computer virus that infects all other files (souls) around him and brings down the whole system by doing so. After the fact the only way to get the server back on-line is to destroy all infected files on disks to the last one. Excluding the virus itself, ironically.
IcecreamManwich said:
Right before Alucard disappears into said brick, he whispers something which is not translated in the subs. What did he say?

I don't have the subs you are talking about, but his last words are: "No. Farewell, Integra". That's an answer for Integra's order not to disappear.
IcecreamManwich said:
Exactly why did Walter betray the Hellsing's? In the beginning of the series he's all gung-ho for fighting monsters, but then at the end he hates the Hellsing's for some reason. Does he just change allegiances at drop of a hat?

He did not hate Hellsing or Integra or Seras. Walter was simply obsessed with the idea to surpass Alucard and decided this goal is worthy of any means necessary.
How exactly did he came to this conclusion should have been presented in The Dawn, but that manga went on hiatus, so we don't now the details till this day.
Also Walter switched his side back in 1944, from that point onwards he was an undercover spy "working" for Hellsing only to maintain his cower.
IcecreamManwich said:
What was the Mina Harker reference about? I know she was one of the people who killed Dracula way back when, but what was the nazi's doing with her remains? The scene briefly flashes to a person wrapped in chains and other utilities, which we also saw in The Dawn: Episode 2. Were they using her for experiments?

Mina got her blood tasted by Dracula and drunk some of Dracula's blood herself. Later her transformation into a vampire has been stopped and repealed by Abraham and friends, she lived her life as a human and died in the end. Still somewhere deep inside on cellular level some traces of vampirism remained in her dormant. Nazis dug out her corpse and used those traces as samples for their artificial vampire project. Without Mina's dead body there would have been no Nazi artificial vampires at all.
IcecreamManwich said:
Who's the fencing guy with the mustache at the end? Some important character's son? (Funny "off-model action" going on there, by the way!)

Sir Penwood's descendant.
Jan 4, 2013 3:30 PM

May 2012
^Thank you kind sir. You blow my mind once again!

If it wasn't for Walter's (imo) slightly uneven character arc this series would've been absolutely perfect! As it's stands it's a solid 9.5/10

Hopefully when The Dawn gets finished i can fill in the blanks myself :D
who_dat_ninjaJan 4, 2013 4:18 PM
Jan 4, 2013 3:55 PM

Jul 2012
I loved this episode a perfect ending for probably the best anime ever.
Die the Desu...
Sentenced to Desu...
Great Equaliser is Desu...
Jan 4, 2013 5:58 PM

Nov 2011
>That's why I always come back.

Loved that quote. I gotta say though..Seras has been a total badass in many of these episodes. Now, that I like and appreciate.

Welcome home indeed Count. 8/10 overall for the OVAs.
Jan 5, 2013 12:09 AM

Jan 2013
My only issue with the ending of the series was literally the last 2 minutes of the show. Idk how they did it, but they literally screwed up the entire series for me in those last two minutes. Wtf was that crappy comedic scene for? What happend to London? What about the rest of the world? For all that awesome seriousness, the show end with a stupid bullshity, halfassed comedy scene. I'm truly disappointed. Just wow, they didn't rap up that series nicely at all. Ending a series like Hellsing Ultimate like that, is just well, like stabbing your prized horse because it looked at you funny. Shame...
Jan 5, 2013 12:14 AM

Apr 2009
Osuras said:
What happend to London? What about the rest of the world?

Rebuilt and fine now. Wasn't it obvious?
Pages (6) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Hellsing Ultimate Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

OmegaRed - Jul 29, 2008

154 by aronbebop »»
Apr 22, 8:15 AM

Poll: » Hellsing Ultimate Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Klimat - Feb 15, 2012

157 by liliyoa »»
Apr 10, 11:03 PM

Poll: » Hellsing Ultimate Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Klimat - Dec 24, 2009

275 by Comander-07 »»
Mar 27, 11:09 AM

Poll: » Dub or Sub?

Garou_Monster - Aug 13, 2022

16 by Argonnant »»
Feb 29, 2:12 PM

Poll: » Hellsing Ultimate Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Apollodorus - Jul 23, 2009

176 by LightNoragami1 »»
Feb 21, 2:11 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.