MyAnimeList.net

Forums

Recent Posts | My Watched Topics | My Ignored Topics | Search

How do you deal with anime when it's already spoiled for you?
MyAnimeList.net Forum »» Anime Discussion »» How do you deal with anime when it's already spoiled for you?

This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.

Pages (12) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
08-06-12, 6:37 PM

Go find and read/play the source material where they got their info for the spoiler. Ain't no spoiler anymore.

08-06-12, 6:46 PM

I got Death Note spoilers, hadn't even planned to watch it for a while, but after I got spoiled, I watched it immediately and proceeded to be shocked by it anyway. Good stuff. Got Clannad After Story spoiled too but forgot as I was watching it and cried anyway. Even better. And just the other day I got Guilty Crown spoilers, so I guess I have to watch that soon too.

Basically, spoilers make me want to see how things lead up to said spoilers. I hate getting spoiled, but I'm not going to avoid watching something just because I know what's going to happen.

"In both love and octopus-hunting, you have to take the initiative!" - Gintoki Sakata

08-06-12, 6:53 PM

Back then people who saw School Days warned not to see it because they watched it for you and so you don't have to but today that's the main reason why people see it and indulges its shitty-nes. SD is the best example where anti-hype actually works, even I hate it with passion.
"Fujioshis are the second biggest hypocrites after politicians"
NK_500 -- Circa 2010

08-06-12, 7:42 PM

I don't give a damn. Knowing spoilers doesn't matter to me. I can still watch and enjoy.

08-06-12, 8:21 PM

PirateKingz said:
Rage for a while then just deal with knowing. Most of SAO's pretty much spoiled for me but I'll still continue watching it.

I spoiled myself for SAO as well. The sad part is I spoiled myself after reading the LN summaries on a website so I already how the series concludes.
Rest in beats.
- Nujabes

08-06-12, 8:34 PM

If it's a minor spoiler, I'll still watch it.
If it's a huge plot twist, I won't watch the series for a few months to forget about it.

08-06-12, 10:47 PM

I don't really care much. I've actually never reacted to spoilers. Though, I was pretty bummed out when I read a spoiler about Code Geass.

08-06-12, 10:53 PM

I already knew Cowboy Bebop's and TTGL's ending before I watched them, and it ruined it for me. Well, that's my fault 'cause I love reading spoilers.

08-06-12, 11:06 PM

I don't really care. If it's something really shocking, that sucks for me, but i'm still watching it because i want to see how it happened and everything.

08-07-12, 3:00 PM

Ah, it's a miserable feeling. When first reading a spoiler I'm like, "WHOA, really?!" only to realize an important certain scene has been revealed to me now.

I try to forget about it, and even pretended to deny it, but that usually never works. But like I've come to understand after coming across so many spoilers: It's not about the ending, but the journey it takes to get there. So you can still watch up to that certain point mainly because you don't know *when* it's coming, and sometimes not even *how* it's coming, but you know *what* is actually coming. So the experience isn't totally ruined. It's all in how you look at it.

08-07-12, 3:04 PM

Stall from watching it for a while to forget about it.

I can't do anything, so I just casually indulge in life.
"If summer can show me dreams, then let's go to before you were taken away."

08-07-12, 3:07 PM

In my experience, spoilers haven't been too problematic. The plot that sets up and brings forth the spoiled event is far more essential and substantial.

08-07-12, 4:15 PM

Really angry at first, especially when it's anime I'm currently watching. Last one was from One Piece
It was horrible, pretty much the worst thing you can get spoiled about - death of your favourite character. It takes all of your desire to watch anime. Usually I'm just putting anime like this on later.

08-07-12, 5:14 PM

I lost a bit of interest but I keep watching.

08-07-12, 5:47 PM

I don't really mind spoilers tbh. If i know the ending of a series then that sucks but if its something minor like character development then idm

08-07-12, 6:41 PM

Depends on how big the spoiler is and if I'm currently watching the show, if it's big and I'm not watching the anime I just never watch it, otherwise I watch it.

08-07-12, 6:46 PM

lehonidas said:
So how do you cope after hearing a spoiler?

enjoy it.
after a while spoiler doesnt feel that bad

08-12-12, 12:36 AM

I was checking on Youtube for a opening which I liked then scrolling down to the comments, some @$$hole had to ruin it by posting spoilers and I'm a bit pissed. I quite enjoy looking forward watching the anime.

08-12-12, 12:46 AM

Please direct your eyes to the spoiler.

Problem solved.

08-12-12, 1:56 AM

Me being the idiot that I am, I always read about the anime on its wiki pages and look at character bios and other stuff! Which 99% of the time completely ruins it, and I pretend that I forgot what I read but it never works -.-
"I hate nice girls. If they so much as say hello, it stays on my mind. If they return my texts, my heart races. The day one calls me, I know I'll look at my call history and grin. But I know that's just them being nice. People who are nice to me are also nice to everyone else. I almost end up forgetting that...
Someone who's worked hard at being alone doesn't fall for the same trick twice. I'm a veteran at this, I'm the best there is when it comes to losing. That's why I'll always .. Hate nice girls."
- Hikki-Kun
Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Come wa Machigatteiru.

This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (12) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Help     FAQ     About     Contact     Terms     Privacy     AdChoices