Forum Settings
Forums

How do you deal with anime when it's already spoiled for you?

New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Aug 6, 2012 6:37 PM

Jan 2008
Go find and read/play the source material where they got their info for the spoiler. Ain't no spoiler anymore.
Aug 6, 2012 6:46 PM

Feb 2012
I got Death Note spoilers, hadn't even planned to watch it for a while, but after I got spoiled, I watched it immediately and proceeded to be shocked by it anyway. Good stuff. Got Clannad After Story spoiled too but forgot as I was watching it and cried anyway. Even better. And just the other day I got Guilty Crown spoilers, so I guess I have to watch that soon too.

Basically, spoilers make me want to see how things lead up to said spoilers. I hate getting spoiled, but I'm not going to avoid watching something just because I know what's going to happen.

"In both love and octopus-hunting, you have to take the initiative!" - Gintoki Sakata
Aug 6, 2012 6:53 PM

Jan 2012
Back then people who saw School Days warned not to see it because they watched it for you and so you don't have to but today that's the main reason why people see it and indulges its shitty-nes. SD is the best example where anti-hype actually works, even I hate it with passion.
---
Aug 6, 2012 7:42 PM

Mar 2009
I don't give a damn. Knowing spoilers doesn't matter to me. I can still watch and enjoy.
Aug 6, 2012 8:21 PM

May 2012
PirateKingz said:
Rage for a while then just deal with knowing. Most of SAO's pretty much spoiled for me but I'll still continue watching it.

I spoiled myself for SAO as well. The sad part is I spoiled myself after reading the LN summaries on a website so I already how the series concludes.
Rest in beats.
- Nujabes

Aug 6, 2012 8:34 PM

Jul 2012
If it's a minor spoiler, I'll still watch it.
If it's a huge plot twist, I won't watch the series for a few months to forget about it.
Aug 6, 2012 10:47 PM

Apr 2012
I don't really care much. I've actually never reacted to spoilers. Though, I was pretty bummed out when I read a spoiler about Code Geass.
Aug 6, 2012 10:53 PM
Apr 2012
I already knew Cowboy Bebop's and TTGL's ending before I watched them, and it ruined it for me. Well, that's my fault 'cause I love reading spoilers.
Aug 6, 2012 11:06 PM

Feb 2012
I don't really care. If it's something really shocking, that sucks for me, but i'm still watching it because i want to see how it happened and everything.
Aug 7, 2012 3:00 PM

Dec 2008
Ah, it's a miserable feeling. When first reading a spoiler I'm like, "WHOA, really?!" only to realize an important certain scene has been revealed to me now.

I try to forget about it, and even pretended to deny it, but that usually never works. But like I've come to understand after coming across so many spoilers: It's not about the ending, but the journey it takes to get there. So you can still watch up to that certain point mainly because you don't know *when* it's coming, and sometimes not even *how* it's coming, but you know *what* is actually coming. So the experience isn't totally ruined. It's all in how you look at it.
Aug 7, 2012 3:04 PM

Oct 2011
Stall from watching it for a while to forget about it.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 7, 2012 3:07 PM

Apr 2012
In my experience, spoilers haven't been too problematic. The plot that sets up and brings forth the spoiled event is far more essential and substantial.
Aug 7, 2012 4:15 PM

May 2010
Really angry at first, especially when it's anime I'm currently watching. Last one was from One Piece
It was horrible, pretty much the worst thing you can get spoiled about - death of your favourite character. It takes all of your desire to watch anime. Usually I'm just putting anime like this on later.
Aug 7, 2012 5:14 PM

Jul 2012
I lost a bit of interest but I keep watching.
Aug 7, 2012 5:47 PM

Jan 2012
I don't really mind spoilers tbh. If i know the ending of a series then that sucks but if its something minor like character development then idm
Aug 7, 2012 6:41 PM

Feb 2011
Depends on how big the spoiler is and if I'm currently watching the show, if it's big and I'm not watching the anime I just never watch it, otherwise I watch it.
Aug 7, 2012 6:46 PM

May 2010
lehonidas said:
So how do you cope after hearing a spoiler?

enjoy it.
after a while spoiler doesnt feel that bad
Aug 12, 2012 12:36 AM

Jan 2012
I was checking on Youtube for a opening which I liked then scrolling down to the comments, some @$$hole had to ruin it by posting spoilers and I'm a bit pissed. I quite enjoy looking forward watching the anime.

Yahallo!
Yatta!
Baka!

<!
"Humans, your existence was a mistake. Conflicts, lies, jealously, greed. You once caused me to lose everything and today I will devour everything... Because I am the Valkyrie Goddess">
Aug 12, 2012 12:46 AM

Dec 2011
Please direct your eyes to the spoiler.

Problem solved.
Aug 12, 2012 1:56 AM
Jul 2012
Me being the idiot that I am, I always read about the anime on its wiki pages and look at character bios and other stuff! Which 99% of the time completely ruins it, and I pretend that I forgot what I read but it never works -.-
"
Aug 12, 2012 2:01 AM

Aug 2011
I don't mind spoilers. I still continue watching the anime anyway.
Aug 12, 2012 2:19 AM
KDE Plasma

Jun 2012
Hey guys and girls ;)

I can easily handle spoilers. Even if I know something about the ending or a part of the story, I will still watch it. If I like an anime very much, I will not care about any kind of spoilering.

You know something before it happens, but you wanna know how it really happens and why. You wanna find out the background of the spoiling scene.

Greetings
Cyan
Aug 12, 2012 2:41 AM

Oct 2010
If I accidentally read any spoilers, I'll try to erase it from my mind by not thinking of anything at all while watching it (rather crazy, I know, but it helps to certain extent). That's what I did to After Story, because I already knew the ending even before starting Clannad.

Macklovin said:
Please direct your eyes to the spoiler.

Problem solved.

The world needs this.

~ IA- Aria on the Planetes ~ Vocaloid V3 voiced by LiA (Clannad Afterstory, Angel Beats! theme song singer)
Aug 12, 2012 6:32 AM

Jan 2011
First of I don't read anything beforehand ever, that way you avoid possible spoilers, seeing one or 2 episodes is better than reading a review, and if an anime doesn't hold up with spoilers then it wouldn't hold up without them either and doesn't deserve to be seen.

Spoilers are irrelevant and people are whinny little bitches.
Aug 12, 2012 8:48 AM

May 2011
I usually try to avoid spoilers but it's kinda hard when everyone's seen the whole anime before me. I still watch even though I get spoiled but it takes out the element of surprise for me and rather then thinking "Maybe this could be why this is like that" or "I think he/she did it because this and that" I'm thinking "This is when that happens". *Sighs*

"But he who dares not grasp the thorn, Should never crave the rose." — Anne Bronte
Aug 12, 2012 9:11 AM

Aug 2012
i actually look for spoilers most the time after 4 or 5 episodes i like knowing the ending and seeing how it gets to that point also i like to know if i guessed the end right after a couple of episodes
Aug 13, 2012 3:17 AM

May 2009
Keep watching. I never ever give anyone permission to spoil any anime for me. The anime itself would be the one that may make me rage.
Aug 17, 2012 8:40 PM

Aug 2012
For me, it just doesn't really feel right to watch an anime you already know the ending of. Like Death Note, I stopped at around episode 27 because I wanted to hear Light's laugh.
Aug 17, 2012 8:48 PM

Jan 2012
I spoil myself all the time. Usually if I am really interested in an anime, I would look up the wiki article and read it. All the information I find actually makes me want to watch the anime even more, to see what happened. Usually, I am still shocked/surprised.
Aug 17, 2012 10:36 PM
Aug 2012
If it's spoiled I still watch the anime. I don't mind, it's just the ending.. it's a 50 episode anime.. well there's 49 episodes that have good content in it.

So let's say you find out the main character dies.. you say "So...?"
You watch the anime and you connect with the character then the character dies then you become "upset".

I watch anime from start to finish.. if I cared what happened at the end and only the end.. I'd just watch the last episode of each anime.
Aug 17, 2012 10:40 PM

Aug 2012
Keep watching unless the ending is terrible.
Aug 17, 2012 10:55 PM

Jul 2009
I accidentally spoiled myself with the ending to Panty and Stocking two (or however long ago it was) years ago, but that was back when I told myself I would never watch it anyway so no worries. Then, just recently, a friend recommended it to me, so I figured, why not? By that time, I had forgotten whatever spoiler I chanced upon those years ago. I didn't even remember spoiling myself of the ending! Unfortunately, I suddenly remembered when I was reading Stocking's trivia page on the Wiki. Needless to say, I was pissed with myself, but oh well. What are you going to do? I still watched it to the end, and it was still enjoyable.

This has happened to a couple other anime, though this is the only instance I can really recall right now since it happened to recently.
Aug 17, 2012 10:57 PM
Hawk of Endymion

Oct 2009
Hate having anime spoiled for me, but if it's supposed to worth watching then I'll usually trooper through it for the experience.
RYOJI KAJI
[to Shinji] So, I understand you're living with Katsuragi.
SHINJI IKARI
Uh, yeah...
RYOJI KAJI
So, is she still so... wild in bed?
Nov 26, 2012 7:00 PM

Nov 2012
I say screw it I was the one that pushed my friends for the ending so its all good
Nov 26, 2012 7:08 PM

Oct 2012
Not long ago, had something spoiled in Ergo Proxy, thank goodness the spoil happens mid-point. Wasn't shocking though, so the spoil took away from the 'shock value'.
Still one of my favorites.

So, I usually just continue it anyway if I'm spoiled.

Just this once, I'll fulfill whatever your wish is.
Nov 26, 2012 7:11 PM

Nov 2012
I usually forget it
Nov 26, 2012 7:13 PM
Jul 2012
I usually don't watch it.
Nov 26, 2012 7:18 PM

Sep 2012
I had School Days spoiled for me. Now I just can't bring myself to watch it.
Nov 26, 2012 7:18 PM

Oct 2012
Red_Keys said:
I had School Days spoiled for me. Now I just can't bring myself to watch it.

Lol, I don't blame ya.

Just this once, I'll fulfill whatever your wish is.
Nov 26, 2012 7:31 PM

Sep 2011
I'll still watch it but it'll just lose the enjoyment especially when there's a plot-twist.

Nov 26, 2012 7:32 PM

May 2012
I usually just keep watching. Most of the time its Youtube comments that spoil things for me. I'll look up the OST or something and there will be a top comment saying "RIP character name". It's my own fault for looking at the comments but I can't help myself sometimes lol.
Nov 26, 2012 7:35 PM

Jun 2012
I just watch it, but for me it gets extremely annoying. Knowing something is going to happen, is often extremely intrusive when I'm trying to watch something. "I know that motherfucker's gonna die, but when?" just keeps going through my head.

I had Steins gate, cowboy bebop, ano hana, code geass, death note, and angel beats spoiled for me. I spoiled myself a very tiny bit with cardcaptor sakura too.
Nov 26, 2012 7:50 PM

Mar 2011
Lol it has never affected my enjoyment before. In fact, I get this insatiable urge to open up any spoiler I see...
What do you think you're piloting? Great Mazinger? Dangaioh? For Pete's sake, this isn't some robot cartoon whose main character is an autistic kid or some punk. - Kiichi Goto, Mobile Police Patlabor
Nov 26, 2012 7:52 PM
Mar 2012
angel beats ending was ruined for me and i had no further reason to continue watching it as i already know how it was going to end and who the guy was gonna end up with. Though you know whats the worse i was gonna watch Mahou shoujo madoka like that and everywhere even on reviews people kept on saying how theres a dramatic twist and how you'd never expect, it seems to be happy go getto at first but its not so when the twist came i was just like ._____. well i already knew something like that was gonna happen so i didnt get to enjoy it as much as i should have.
KikyoFlowerNov 26, 2012 7:57 PM
Nov 26, 2012 9:42 PM

Jan 2009
Argh. I hate it when it happens. u.u I usually try to avoid getting into situations where I'd read spoilers, like staying away from discussions on forums, reviews, etc..
But when it does, I think do either of two things: 1) I end up putting off watching it until I completely erase that memory from my mind.. 2) Go into denial mode and just pretend I never saw that spoiler and convince myself that whoever said whatever they said never said it at all.
Nov 26, 2012 9:44 PM

Jun 2012
Well I was reading up about Code Geass before I began watching it.
As I was reading I stumbled apon some interesting information.
I continued until I realized until I saw that

That pretty much just spoiled the whole series, and I'm still considering weather I should watch it.
Nov 26, 2012 9:59 PM

Oct 2012
I don't care. What's important is how they tell it. If an anime loses all attraction because you already know what's going to happen, then it's probably not a very good one to begin with. All of my favorite movies or shows I could watch over and over, and I swear I don't get amnesia between each watching.
My subjective reviews: katsureview.wordpress.com
THE CHAT CLUB.
Nov 26, 2012 10:06 PM

Jan 2012
punch myself in the balls and rage through it until the end
Nov 26, 2012 10:11 PM
Aug 2011
I pause for a moment to process what I just read, and then attempt to flip the table my laptop is on. But in the end, I just go on with my day as usual.
Because you know what? Screw it. The damage is already done.
Nov 26, 2012 10:16 PM

Aug 2012
I go on an emotional and murderous rampage.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» How often do you rewatch anime?

Destinesia - 8 hours ago

18 by Shirayukin »»
3 seconds ago

» Is it ok to finish anime you don't enjoy ?

Alpha_1_Zero - 3 hours ago

22 by epidemia78 »»
15 minutes ago

» Upcoming Dubbed Anime ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Kenny_Stryker - Dec 17, 2017

9051 by appledude1221 »»
26 minutes ago

Poll: » Best Russian in anime

Catalano - Yesterday

36 by piroriparopirira »»
42 minutes ago

» What anime do a lot of people consider to be one of the greatest that you think is just good? ( 1 2 )

arinthach - Yesterday

65 by Sorachin »»
51 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.