Forum Settings
Forums

How do you deal with anime when it's already spoiled for you?

New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »
Dec 2, 2012 12:03 PM

Dec 2012
I'd watch it anyway, because even if I know what's going to happen I want to know HOW it will happen.
Dec 2, 2012 12:11 PM

Jul 2007
I'd watch it 5 years or so later, I can't remember spoilers that well anyway :P
Dec 2, 2012 12:44 PM

Dec 2011
I always spoil myself and I don't really care about it.
Dec 2, 2012 1:52 PM

Nov 2012
xTheCatalyst said:
I'd watch it anyway, because even if I know what's going to happen I want to know HOW it will happen.

Just that,
and sometimes i even forget , so it doesnt mind at all
You clipped my wings and blamed me when i couldn't reach the stars.
Dec 2, 2012 6:58 PM

Sep 2012
http://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/thriving101/201108/the-spoiler-paradox

It's not always a bad thing. I would've dropped School days 2-3 episodes in had I not known the outcome. But, conversely, I don't think I would've enjoyed Madoka Magica as much if Homura's past had been spoiled to me.
Dec 2, 2012 9:23 PM
Jul 2018
If I ended up spoiling a moment in an anime I am watching, I just try to focus how the spoiler is executed. If the spoiler/event is handled well, I probably would be still satisfied with the show's plot anyways.
Dec 3, 2012 4:58 PM

Oct 2011
I didn't watch Death Note yet but I was already spoiled about a certain death in a certain episode some months ago. Sadly my memories for unnecessary things (for example spoilers) are really good and I would remember it even when I wait another year to watch it just when I think about it.
Well, I try to not focus on the spoiler and I avoid some pages/youtube videos.

The hardest part would be One Piece, though. I don't read the manga but I enjoy(ed) watching AMVs and reading the comments, discussing about it, but somethings people tend to write about manga stuff that still needs months until it gets into the anime.
RiukixDDec 4, 2012 1:34 AM
Dec 3, 2012 6:36 PM

Jul 2012
RiukixD said:
I didn't watch Death Note yet but I was already spoiled about a certain death in a certain episode some months ago. Sadly my memories for unnecessary things (for example spoilers) is really good and I would remember it even when I wait another year to watch it just when I think about it.
Well, I try to not focus on the spoiler and I avoid some pages/youtube videos.

This happened to me as well >_<
Usually end up watching whatever get's spoiled, its just that less impactful.

If you really want to fit in, just put Legend of the Galactic Heroes in your top 5 and have it be the only 10-rated anime in your list.
Dec 3, 2012 7:18 PM

Aug 2012
*A monologue of my thoughts*

Crap this ****ing troll spoiled ths shit!

ah well... I bet hes gonna die this episode...
ok this episode for sure now...

OK THIS IS THE LAST EPISODE HES GOTTA DIE NOW!

...he didn't die...
Dec 5, 2012 4:32 PM

Nov 2012
RiukixD said:
I didn't watch Death Note yet but I was already spoiled about a certain death in a certain episode some months ago. Sadly my memories for unnecessary things (for example spoilers) are really good and I would remember it even when I wait another year to watch it just when I think about it.

Eh , first time I've been spoiled is today. Amidst the realm of MAL. A "Death Note" spoil as well.
I grew acrimonious for I was never been troll'd by a mere oblivious fanboy exposing a lethal spoil without adding spoiler tags.
My memory is optional as any other data storage device. The only difference is that it is only plugged on "Write Only" mode. How ludicrous.

Someone said that the spoiler is not as primordial to the ongoing of the story though. For the common good of humanity , I hope he's right.
Dec 5, 2012 4:39 PM

Nov 2012
I generally read the plot for anything I'm watching mid-way through the series. I got bored after about five episodes of Mirai Nikki, read the plot for the last five episodes to see if it got better, then watched them.

I do it with pretty much anything... anime, tv shows, even some movies I check the plot before watching them to gauge if I can be bothered to sit through the whole thing or not.

Dec 5, 2012 5:09 PM

Jun 2008
I try to forget what i just read/saw.
Dec 5, 2012 7:44 PM

Aug 2012
OG-3 said:
I always spoil myself and I don't really care about it.

I do the same, but do it so I know what will happen ahead of time so that I won't get disappointed in the series midway.
Dec 6, 2012 6:20 AM

Jul 2012
Repression.

Preventative measures are always the best of course.
Critic.
Dec 6, 2012 7:52 AM

May 2010
Always angry almost with teary eyes :D I try to be careful about those.
Dec 6, 2012 7:54 AM

Oct 2011
burn the world....
Kouta: "I thought we were friends."
Lucy: "We are friends, that's why you're still alive."
Dec 6, 2012 8:00 AM

Dec 2011
When it happens I usually inhale mass quantities of marijuana and wait a few months or more so that I can forget about the spoilage. However I don't usually let spoilage happen in the first place, I can only think of 1-2 instances where someone really spoiled a story I was just getting in to.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 6, 2012 9:56 AM
Jul 2012
Most of the time I dislike spoilers , but i continue to watch it.
Sometimes spoilers can be handy. For instance if a character dies in a show, that way I won't get attachted to him. But most of the time spoilers sucks. But I watch it because, I like to see the anime on my perspective before I can judge it.
"I don't want to believe in the thought that nothing can make me shiver"
Dec 7, 2012 5:17 AM

Nov 2012
I''ll just watch them like usual. With far less enjoyment of course.
....of all the arts, for us the cinema is the most important.

-- Vladimir Lenin
Dec 7, 2012 5:30 AM

Sep 2012
I usually forget about spoilers while watching the series.
Dec 7, 2012 8:53 AM

Jun 2011
0_0 I either don't watch it or just pretend I don't know.
"Aiming for the mark takes precision, balance, and patience."

....Screw that, let's shoot the damn thing!
Jan 3, 2013 2:50 AM
KDE Plasma

Jun 2012
I have less problems with spoilering and would still enjoy it :)
Jan 3, 2013 2:51 AM

Aug 2012
1. Learn Hokuto Shin Ken
2. The rest sorts itself out
Jan 3, 2013 3:13 AM

Feb 2012
I don't really care, I just keep watching. To me its more about the journey rather than the destination.
Jan 3, 2013 3:16 AM

Dec 2012
I forced to forget it :|

Jan 3, 2013 3:51 AM

Dec 2012
I usually do well to avoid them, but when I can't I just take a deep sigh and move on with the series, watching everything come together to that event. It's kind of like how Star Wars started with episodes 4-6 and later on 1-3. Either that or I just don't think about it until it happens.

Although character death spoilers frustrate the living hell out of me, especially in the long running anime titles that take me months to catch up on.
Jan 3, 2013 4:01 AM

Nov 2011
Being in denial and pretend its just a rumor or theory or fanfiction.

Jan 3, 2013 4:03 AM

Oct 2010
Keep watching, because I don't care if I get spoiled. As long people just don't spoil for the people who actually enjoy the show.
Jan 3, 2013 4:28 AM

Jul 2012
The first time I got spoiled was when I read a comment on youtube saying
I was so, frickin, pissed. Then after coming across one or two more spoilers about main characters deaths in other animes, I learned that you shouldn't read any comments on youtube, don't even type in the name of an anime in youtube unless its specific, and do not look on the wiki page of the anime LOL.

What I do, as soon as i've seen the spoiler, is pretend I didn't see it and occupy my mind with something else, something that would make you forget about every minor little problem you have in life and make it seem insignificant lol; it's really best not to dwell on what you've just seen, unless you just want to accept it. In some cases it has just been a rumor so if I see a potential spoiler, I tell myself that it's just someone being a troll, making things up, or that they're just speculating, and then I can forget about it pretty easily.
Konbu is important
Jan 3, 2013 4:53 AM

Jun 2011
Aphatus said:
I don't really care, I just keep on watching.

Well I don't really care actually, unless its spoiler like..

Wtf my friend spoiled it for me and I couldn't accept the truth. Tried to forget it but couldn't do it. I was putting Naruto manga on hold so that I can read more chapters in one go but... damn..

ihateeveryone said:
I usually tell myself that they were wrong and pretty much deny the spoilers' existence. Read a major LOGH spoiler on 4chan and I'm sitting here telling myself they were just trolling.

Lol.
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Jan 3, 2013 6:35 AM

Aug 2011
Well I would still love to know how it happened, so yea it ain't much of a problem for me, animes are sometimes like sex, you enjoy the process and don't give a damn about the outcome, and i usually do well to avoid spoiler by stopping the moment i see them
kek
Jan 3, 2013 6:47 AM

Aug 2012
I freaking hate it; but i think that i hate it even more when i watch ppl spoiling other ppl; i mean..i never did that, why some guys must feel like ruining the fun to the others? it is so childish and immature.
Jan 3, 2013 6:54 AM

May 2012
Natsu12345 said:
Aphatus said:

FFFFFSSS±!!@±! I read that :( Im an idiot, I just thought to myself i've hardly watched any anime, there's hardly any chance the spoiler is to do with any anime i know, then i see the name :|
Jan 3, 2013 6:55 AM

Aug 2012
Mkayyy said:
Natsu12345 said:
Aphatus said:

FFFFFSSS±!!@±! I read that :( Im an idiot, I just thought to myself i've hardly watched any anime, there's hardly any chance the spoiler is to do with any anime i know, then i see the name :|

Yeah i would be annoyed lol I suggest you guys to say the anime's name before the spoiler x) that one is from Naruto by the way.
Jan 3, 2013 7:01 AM

May 2010
I really hate spoilers but I just keep watching.
Jan 3, 2013 7:01 AM

May 2010
Only doing it if I sense there's gonna be a tragedy and, if by reading spoilers it's true, then I prepare by getting less attached to that/those character/-s. Benefit.
But in any other situation I try to restrain myself opening some attractive spoiler tags.
Jan 3, 2013 7:16 AM

Oct 2012
I get a little angry, but keep watching. Just kidding, I kill myself.
Jan 3, 2013 7:22 AM

Jul 2012
Ive never spoiled an anime for myself, but I did watch the last episode of a 20 episode series....I would watch it if cheap, but wouldnt pay alot of it now.

natssuu said:
I get a little angry, but keep watching. Just kidding, I kill myself.

Why dont you kill the person that did it too you, and then kill yourself.
Jan 3, 2013 7:24 AM

Jan 2013
Doesn't bother me in the least. In fact at times I actively seek them out at times. Mostly endings.

I know alot of people go with "Its not the desitination its the Jounry."

Well I like it to end some place nice >> Or I'll just be like

WHAT?!
Jan 3, 2013 11:57 AM
Jan 2013
I watch it anyway just to see what happens.
Jan 3, 2013 11:58 AM

Jan 2012
I keep watching anyway
Jan 3, 2013 12:00 PM

Dec 2012
Sometimes.. when i saw a spoiler.. i kept spreading what will happen to that episode lol

Jan 3, 2013 12:00 PM

Apr 2011
I wait until I forget about the spoiler and watch it.
“Suppose, gentlemen, that man is not stupid.”
Jan 3, 2013 12:03 PM

Mar 2012
I used to completely avoid spoilers... then I got tumblr haha. I saw a spoiler for Clannad:AS which kinda sucked, but it didn't take away the impact of the show. But I do still avoid any major spoilers; if i come across any for shows I haven't watched yet, I just postpone watching the show and hopefully have forgotten by the time i watch it
Jan 3, 2013 12:49 PM
Jul 2012
Whenever I see a spoiler button, I'm drawn to it like a moth to a flame. I click it and then try to avert my away eyes from the spoiler, but it never ends up working out. Usually, I don't get the whole spoiler but just like parts of it. I guess it's a case of "my mind's tellin' me nooo, but MY BODY MY BODY'S tellin' me yesss". Lol, sounds stupid but oh well.
Jan 3, 2013 1:02 PM

Apr 2011
I get upset about it if it's based of a manga or LN but get over it.
Jan 3, 2013 1:02 PM

Aug 2011
Move on and watch it.

Jan 3, 2013 1:09 PM

Dec 2012
I pretend I didn't see it, or I just wait week before watching it.
Jan 3, 2013 4:20 PM

Aug 2012
First, let me tell you a short story about when I first started Clannad before I tell you how well I take spoilers.

It was a foggy day, I was 5 episodes into Clannad After Story, when I was browsing the character section on the list, adding favorites and such, then a spoiler came out of the blue and said
and
. 3 hours later the fire department showed up to put the fire out of my house.

Anyways, I handle them well.
Jan 3, 2013 4:29 PM

Apr 2008
I erase the spoiler from my memory.
"Every man shall reap what he has sown, from the highest lord to the lowest gutter rat. And some will lose more than the tips off their fingers, I promise you. They have made my kingdom bleed, and I do not forget that"
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »

More topics from this board

» Anime you only knowledges about is from the memes

Spunkert - 15 minutes ago

6 by Zarutaku »»
3 minutes ago

» ❄️ Anime Winter 2024 Male Characters Tournament ( 1 2 )

ISeeLifePeople - Apr 14

74 by Coaghim »»
8 minutes ago

» How you feel about non-Japanese entertainment/media using Anime art style?

Dragevard - 10 hours ago

26 by Dauphine »»
18 minutes ago

Poll: » Does your first ever favourite anime(s) still holds a place in your favs?

NubFix - 9 hours ago

36 by TheFlyingSoda »»
19 minutes ago

» Anime that low-testosterone males can't comprehend ( 1 2 )

Ejrodiew - Apr 14

79 by nyugvo6 »»
24 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.