Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Aug 6, 2012 5:03 PM

Sep 2011
Nooooo HER HAIR. Dear god why :(. Hopefully it grows back.
Aug 6, 2012 7:07 PM

Feb 2009
So now we know why her hair was cut in the first episode.
Aug 6, 2012 8:07 PM

Feb 2012
Tyrel said:
Nooooo HER HAIR. Dear god why :(. Hopefully it grows back.
This is before the previous episodes happened, so she will probably have her long hair back next episode.
Aug 6, 2012 9:25 PM

Apr 2009
Pretty 'stellar' episode as usual. I'm really loving how much thought has gone into the creation of the Jinrui world and just how much fantasy they've been able to pull off in the settings. I think this arc was rather deep in particular and the relationship of fairies and humans is really well thought out and explained 'logically'.

I have some commentary and analysis here on the entire arc if anyone's interested in a bit of a read.
Aug 6, 2012 10:31 PM
May 2011
This was both an interesting and entertaining episode.
Being a space geek, I also got a good kick from the revelation of Oyage and Pion's real identity as the probes Voyager and Pioneer.

The inclusion of the Pioneer Anomaly was as well interesting. While loving this episode though, my space side still feels a bit reserved on the little fine details in the episode.
For example:
The characters are Voyager and Pioneer, but which ones? Voyager 1 or 2 and Pioneer 10 or 11?
Perhaps Oyage has a "twin brother" that's still in interstellar space.

Also, it took a very short time for Voyager to return to earth. A probe traveling at 35,000 MPH away from the the solar system somehow has enough fuel to slow itself and reverse its trajectory and then accelerate itself to such a speed that I could return home so quickly.
It took Voyager 1, 35 years to reach the edge of the solar system and given the unknown date of the series; the 2 probes could have been deep in interstellar space by then. The probes were as well subject to regular attitude control and had only enough fuel and power to stay in operation until 2025.

And to be very precise, technically the Voyager and Pioneer Missions weren't designed to uncover life on other planets. So their purpose as stated in the anime was a bit off. The missions were specifically designed to learn more about the composition of all of the planets in our solar system and exploited a rare planetary alignment that would allow for the vehicles to visit most of the planets. Most doubted the longevity of the Voyager probes and the missions were not designed with a specific destination in mind so the search for life was pretty much a moot point. However, the Voyager probes do hold metal discs with information regard the human race and our location in the galaxy which make their return to earth more saddening for humanity.

All of this probably doesn't matter, but being a space nerd, I couldn't resist.

Carl Sagan would be turning in his grave if such a thing happened.

Otherwise than that, great episode! 4/5 for scientific inaccuracies.
Aug 7, 2012 1:49 AM

May 2008
^Seeing as two space probes somehow evolved into self aware robots mounted with weapons, I don't think they were going for scientific accuracy.
Aug 7, 2012 2:36 AM

May 2010
Pion was pioneer & Oyage was voyager..& both of them were robots too.Her hair is short again.
Aug 7, 2012 3:38 AM

Jan 2011
This show amazed me again, sure not everything was realistic but that isn't what this show is aiming for.
Her hair is short again, I wonder if this was a prequel or another hair cut.
I almost never read discussions after I made my post, if you want to reply PM me or post on my profile page.
Aug 7, 2012 3:53 AM

Aug 2011
MasterMeNL said:
This show amazed me again, sure not everything was realistic but that isn't what this show is aiming for.
Her hair is short again, I wonder if this was a prequel or another hair cut.
it was a prequel (thankfully).

Oh, this show never fails to get some laughs out of me :)
Aug 7, 2012 5:46 AM
めんどくさい

Sep 2011
Everyone repeat after me before posting: "This episode was a prequel, her hair was not cut again. This episode was a prequel, her hair was not cut again. This episode was a prequel, her hair was not cut again. This episode was a prequel, her hair was not cut again. This episode was a prequel, her hair was not cut again. This episode was a prequel, her hair was not cut again. This episode was a prequel, her hair was not cut again. This episode was a prequel, her hair was not cut again. This episode was a prequel, her hair was not cut again."
Aug 7, 2012 8:14 AM

Mar 2008
wenchance said:

Carl Sagan would be turning in his grave if such a thing happened.

LOL-MOR!
Were not for Carl, this episode would never exist. Funny.
Aug 7, 2012 12:19 PM

Oct 2010
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Another very fascinating episode. On both terms of Human’s Decline and that of space exploration. I however found it TOTALLY STUPID to make probes have feelings not to mention dragging out the end and finally Watashi did WHAT? Sabotage? WHAT? For who? I can’t even believe the following,

WTF? How did she even use that? Oh wait in the spoiler
could it be the assistant who used the suit since he feels regret? Must be. Well I for one feel no regret for Watashi and her punishment in the spoiler
for one she had no rights to do this at a declining moment in civilization, second would be she had no reasons to do it other than fairies and the probes? OH PLEASE really? Not good enough for me. Humanity declining and them having back power are the first signs of them coming back. Of course fairies would not be around anymore but that’s it. It would be a good thing to end the series or just plain show humanity having a chance.

Instead it was not like that at all. At least she got the fairies back and the probes on hold whom really serve no purpose on Earth other than quenching their loneliness and coming back for some other episodes of this series. That being said some short comments.

Find that Pion in the spoiler
was rather useful. As super human strength and computer log in not to mention date registering was super useful.

Totally hilarious duet between Oyage and Pion in the spoiler
for one really liked their comedy and especially the outrage of Oyage. So that was a very good part and ROFL @ Behemoth along with its mods à la street racing style.

The most fascinating comes after the above part in the following,

Totally amazing! Along with the spoiler
it shows promise in the human decline info. It seems some groups went far into the medieval times to change their habits and what they were left off with. While one can see the remains of others being advanced technologically in the previous episode itself. Now why is that? To simply put some humans decided to regress with what they were left into time in the past. Some having nothing to do decided in what is being done as to revive old customs for the new ones were hard to come by with materials being in short supply to practice them.

Now that being said I was RAGING in the spoiler
for my poor Watashi was being attacked viciously by that Oyage moron in cat form shielding himself from microwaves due to him not wanting his memories back cause it induces in him loneliness whom makes depression and he does not like it? WTF? Makes no sense in any way other than emotional.

The whole monster fight in the spoiler
was clearly a showing and reference to monster fights like in the game “King of the Monsters” or Godzilla. A parody if you will. Rather well done cause they used a Nautilus:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nautilus
A rather legendary monster.

I for one as much as many out there screamed for VOYAGER AND PIONEER! In the spoiler
OMG! NO WAY! Such a nice references:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pioneer_program
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Voyager_program
And Pion is the latest one the 11 series. Both links explaining marvelously of those 2 probes. A rather strong achievement of humanity before its decline indeed.

So the few things a the end were really dumb. Like the emotions in the spoiler
that were totally ridiculous to even attribute to probes in the first place. Although Pion’s MOE worked out well. The sabotage obviously and of all things the winding in the spoiler
at least make a bike! Biking would be faster than winding. Still SO STUPID of Watashi to sabotage the generator. Only thing I see of it is for the fairies. Still humans will not progress and are still declining but this time at the fault of one of their own.

Regardless of the bitching it was still good. They should try not to DRAG out stuff like at the end. It leaves a sour taste TBH. Excellent space exploration references. They do deserve:

I will leave it at that.

BTW Image Stitches and Pic Dump in the BLOG:
http://ecchiking99.blogspot.ca/2012/08/image-stitches-and-pic-dump-of-jinrui.html
Some nice ones of Oyage and Watashi.

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
Aug 7, 2012 12:37 PM

Mar 2008
Yumekichi give it a Orson Welles gif. Such a achivement...
Aug 7, 2012 2:47 PM

Aug 2008
@Yumekichi11 I like your picture-filled posts with panoramic effort but you again went full retard overanalyzing, just like that time with ep03.
You want no fairies? Why watching the show then. And there won't be any of them if it is about electricity.
Aug 7, 2012 3:10 PM

Aug 2011
Good episode :) I'm glad that Pion and Oyage will be staying; I like them.

Anyone else think of Disney's Pocahontas when Pion and Watashi went to see Oyage in that tent (tent-like thing)?
Aug 7, 2012 6:06 PM

Nov 2010
God... Are some of you really getting the plot? 'cause I do not.

Damn ain't sure if I should read the manga instead though... can any1 tell me what just happened in the last minutes? they said something about batteries being recharged or something didn't really get that.
Aug 7, 2012 8:18 PM

Oct 2010
ChitOKun said:
@Yumekichi11 I like your picture-filled posts with panoramic effort but you again went full retard over-analyzing, just like that time with ep03.
You want no fairies? Why watching the show then. And there won't be any of them if it is about electricity.
No I did not say that but I mention the end results consequences.

I did not mean to emphasize on any fairy hatred but it does irk when humanity is declining of all people one who is a mediator sides with fairies and not humans who are more in need since they are declining. I need to see more than fairies just providing protection. Like for example can do do more than providing provisions and preventing bad luck? Electricity at least would have at least make humans work more around and stuff.

So all in all it's not about fairies but more their worth VS the worth of getting rid of electricity for their survival and stopping humans from using it. It's a rather complex debate but in thee end I think humanity may decline less with electricity and fairies trying to coexist instead of whining about it being death for them.

Analyzing this show is worth the time TBH. It's rather philosophical IMO.

Aug 7, 2012 8:26 PM

Aug 2008
I still think that since humanity managed to decline to the point we have it in anime while having electricity then there's no use going back. It's time for fairies.
Aug 7, 2012 8:34 PM

Oct 2010
ChitOKun said:
I still think that since humanity managed to decline to the point we have it in anime while having electricity then there's no use going back. It's time for fairies.
That point is quite agreeable however it looked more to me humanity was moving far more and better with that electricity. That's all however let's see how the fairies upon returning output their help.

Punishment was still harsh IMO. Well deserved but too harsh.

Aug 7, 2012 8:41 PM

Oct 2011
oyage was SO cuteee ,i loved his cat form
Aug 7, 2012 8:53 PM

Nov 2011
While this was interesting as usual (I was especially impressed with the Pioneer Anomaly reference), this dipped into the area I was hoping it would avoid, i.e. being overly surreal without purpose. I also didn't agree with the message in this one, nor its implications, but that's not pertinent to my feelings on the episode. Despite that, I still quite enjoyed this arc, but it did not meet what I've come to expect.
Aug 7, 2012 10:25 PM

Jul 2011
And just like that, Assistant cements his awesomeness as one of the best silent protagonist you'll ever see.Another wonderfully weird ep and loved the dragon quest references. The inclusion of the pioneer anomaly was quite surprising and i enjoyed the anime's unique take on the phenomenon. The ending left me quite confused though, so did Pion and Oyage have their batteries removed for the portable generators or were they actually converted into portable generators?

Either way its quite depressing, 1 hour of cranking = 1 minute of power that would mean that they would have to wind for around 60 days just to get a day's worth of juice.
Aug 8, 2012 1:26 PM

Jul 2012
The chronology is sort of wacky, right? So doesn't this take place before Watashi used that magic hair growth thing? That's sort of my perception at least.

Eh, didn't shine as great as the other arcs did. Hopefully the second half keeps up a better pace and message the the other ones had.
Aug 8, 2012 9:36 PM

Mar 2009
What a confusing episode. Doesn't help that I watched this early in the morning.

Overall, a weak arc. What happened to all the dark and surreal humor?
Aug 9, 2012 12:09 AM
Aug 2012
This episode is not so bad, but it has many diffarent parts which are very important from original novel.
For example;
What technology did old peaple developed.
Why they build that city, and declined.
Why Pion and Oyage were changed human form.
The last mission which Pion and Oyage were imposed.
Made I cru by the gentleman of UNESCO.
Pion said for I "Decry, in my snug earth..." etc...
...Though, I don't red original novel, my japanese friend told me about them.
(I can't read kange but hiragana is ok. Fairy's lines are written in hiragana.)
Aug 9, 2012 3:45 AM
Aug 2012
おてつだい

Man lives by fairy divine protection.
The heroine was in distress, and even needed one just before the death.
Electronic information on the earth is damaged by a nuclear blast at stratosphere.
As a result, break of information has occurred.
Aug 10, 2012 1:23 AM

Jan 2010
As expected, another hilarious episode. and with a touch of drama too~ probably my second favorite episode for this show so far~ (my favorite is the one with the chickens >_<)

Funniest part was this

"Shocking desu ne..." XD

And... NOBUYUKI HIYAMA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Made this episode even more hilarious and SO much more worth watching ( ; w ; )
Aug 10, 2012 1:41 PM
May 2011
That was really really good and way 2deep4me. I think this show merits rewatching if a certain well-edited sub catches up . . .
Aug 10, 2012 8:09 PM
May 2011
noyoureinsane said:
The chronology is sort of wacky, right? So doesn't this take place before Watashi used that magic hair growth thing? That's sort of my perception at least.

Eh, didn't shine as great as the other arcs did. Hopefully the second half keeps up a better pace and message the the other ones had.

Oh wow, you're right. This would be the 'human monolith' incident then. Makes sense, a bit derpy to not announce the jump though.
Aug 11, 2012 4:16 PM

Feb 2012
Oyage and Pion's story was quite sad.
Aug 12, 2012 7:53 PM

Sep 2011
didnt think it was the best arc yet....
but it was interesting that they talked about Pioneer and Voyager from NASA.
and i guess it's related to ep1 where her hair is cut short, and we can also see the crater of where the monolith fell when we see the village for the first time.

although im still a bit skeptical about the time jump in the story.
Aug 14, 2012 7:00 AM

Aug 2010
Well done Japan! Now I feel sad for space probes, excellent job!

I always wondered though...if we ever reach such a high technological level that interstellar travel becomes a possibility, will an organization one day reclaim the probes if they are still out there and bring them home?

I loved Assistant's drawings and Watashi as usual. Before she confiscated the armor and when she acted all innocent. 5/5 great episode, loved it.
Aug 16, 2012 3:23 AM

Oct 2011
No, she's cut her hair again!

EDIT: Ah, it seems that this story was before first episode ;D.
DJ007Aug 16, 2012 3:52 AM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the General Forum Guidelines.
Aug 16, 2012 12:09 PM

Dec 2011
I was right that she was the monolith!!!
Didn't expect that they were space probes that turned into humans.
Nice episode as always.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 18, 2012 12:40 PM

Apr 2012
Am I the only one here who's perplexed as to why Watashi's walkie-talkie worked in this episode, when we clearly see a scene of them running out of battery power in the previous one? Is this just lazy and forgetful writing, or did Pion actually recharge it with her electrical cat powers? If so, where's the scene, I wanna watch it! =(
"Truth can always be found deep in the dungeon."
~ Balmung of the Azure Sky
Sep 1, 2012 7:07 PM

Feb 2010
Still waiting for something as epic as the first arc...
Nov 11, 2012 3:15 PM

May 2012
Great episode was quite nice and funny especially with that huge cat and was that a big dady reference with that old diving suit and drill on his right hand?

Either way quite an interesting episode! Up to the next one!
Feb 1, 2013 11:16 PM

Jun 2009
big daddy satellites that can turn into humans and gigantic cats, and build bulldozers. yeah this anime is hard on the drugs
Feb 7, 2013 11:19 PM

Jan 2010
I have no idea what I'm watching and I love it.
Feb 27, 2013 6:32 PM

Jul 2009
Huh, BIG BATTLE! ... Kind of? :P He transformed into a huge cat ... well, that's certainly interesting o_O Once again Pion shows up to save the day! :P
So it turns out they were actually Voyager and Pioneer ... spacecrafts huh? That was certainly unexpected :O They were living all this time and just wanted to come on home ... awww :( Well we certainly DO send them out there for a long time in the cold ... D:
Guess this takes place before the first episode since she had to cut off her hair because she let them stay here with us :P
Interesting talk about the microwaves though! I mean, the fairies avoid them but they help to repair the memories of the probes? Plus she used it to attack Oyage when he was in his cat form ... curious and curiouser ;O
Mar 28, 2013 11:46 AM

Jan 2013
This is becoming too random and unserious for me.
Sep 9, 2013 10:08 AM

Sep 2011
Shocked said:
I have no idea what I'm watching and I love it.

I guess my thoughts exactly.

Nov 15, 2013 10:24 PM

Feb 2013
This is weird. I just finished this anime today and watched 2001: A Space Odyssey, so now I totally get the monolith reference in this episode. Definitely re-watching.
Feb 11, 2014 7:38 AM

Nov 2011
5/5

The plot remains mysterious, but at the end of the tunnel there is always light and despite being weird story, in the end there is also room for anything else.
Telling funny and touching.
Watashi increasingly MC!
Not bad at the technical and graphics.
Mar 16, 2014 3:16 AM

Aug 2013
Hmm I wonder why Pion can't see the fairy. Is the fairy really even there? dun dun dun...

Well probes being self-aware and becoming humanoids was kind of random but I found myself not caring. I was just so hooked XD
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
May 6, 2014 11:31 PM

Jan 2014
Sometimes I really have no idea what's going on in this show...
Jun 5, 2014 9:36 AM
Aug 2011
The ending was hilarious.
Jul 8, 2014 5:32 AM
Jun 2014
I still can't determine what genre this show is. It's humor, while funny, is incredibly spaced out and I can never tell if they're just telling a story or giving a setup to a joke. If I had to sum this entire show up in one word, it would simply be 'interesting.'
Sep 1, 2014 5:24 AM

Jul 2014
Really good episode, the second best of this show. Really good anime :D
Jun 18, 2015 8:27 PM

Nov 2012
I was expected the hair to fight back to avoid the haircut.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Jinrui wa Suitai Shimashita Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

tsubasalover - Aug 26, 2012

119 by ManuelFragment »»
Yesterday, 8:23 PM

Poll: » Jinrui wa Suitai Shimashita Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

prismheart - Jul 22, 2012

124 by Safrichh »»
Mar 2, 7:54 PM

Poll: » Jinrui wa Suitai Shimashita Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

tsubasalover - Aug 19, 2012

144 by kirA_-_ »»
Mar 1, 4:54 PM

Poll: » Jinrui wa Suitai Shimashita Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

prismheart - Aug 12, 2012

132 by kirA_-_ »»
Mar 1, 4:04 PM

Poll: » Jinrui wa Suitai Shimashita Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

prismheart - Sep 16, 2012

246 by superwaha »»
Feb 24, 1:04 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.