Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Aug 5, 2012 8:31 AM

Oct 2010
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
At first I though this:
http://i1207.photobucket.com/albums/bb480/Yumekichi11/Picture%2027/6af7aaf7.jpg
Was Juumoji but I quickly find out in the following,

It’s Oreki’s sister. Now I suspect she might be indeed the perpetrator playing tricks around. Since being Oreki’s sister it would seem obvious to suspect her.

I did like 2 things of Oreki x Chitanda. First of all the obvious so much see-able Oreki blushing at Eru’s cleavage in the spoiler
that was not expected but it proves Oreki’s lustful desire for her body.

The other one continues in the spoiler
in the form of Eru in his face however with his reactions and blushes it was much more obvious that he was shyer than usual.

About Eru, she is quite PSYCHO in the following,

This one pic surely proves and shows that Eru can be as insane as this girl:
http://myanimelist.net/character/3359/Kotonoha_Katsura
With those eyes. If I was Oreki I would stay clear of provoking Eru under this condition TBH. However Eru in the spoiler
was nice to see since she is about to go on AIR with a radio post.

So apart from that this episode gave out quite a nice variety of things. Proving once more how School Festivals should take as example after. That of this series. Indeed many think this series might portray the festival best among other animes. While in fact it has proven so far to far surpass them IMO on many levels. For one ZERO ECCHI in them while many have loads of it. On the other hand repetitive elements are not that oblivious only things are slowed down a little.

Matters not it still has other elements that surpass many other series In their handling of such scenarios. We can start on this 3rd episode of Eru in the spoiler
noticing a familiar person with a surprise. That was quite pleasant to see Eru from the start. It also marked perhaps the entry of Juumoji, whom I still think is Oreki’s sister trolling. She now visits of all times.

Satoshi’s interactions with his dumb friend in the spoiler
whom I don’t like provided some rather nice facials and mild comedy of rather good values for Satoshi shook a little his friend there. I had a good laugh of that one.

About suspect, clearly Oreki’s interaction in the spoiler
makes way for loads of it. The fact his sister already is in the club makes it even more obvious. That she may indeed take something from there. If something ends up missing I am certain it would not be the old people in the spoiler
and far from it. Oreki would also have his guard down by a lot during that time. The suspect would take advantage of that among things. Finally notice in the spoiler
that the manga itself could be Alphabet notion?

About Ibara’s incident, I find it irritating and raging of seeing Ibara in the spoiler
like that. The worst part is that Yuasa did shit to stop it! TALK ABOUT A FRIEND! WOW! No folks she did nothing at all to prevent while totally should have been smart about seeing it was a trick from the girls in Vocaloids Cosplays. This is truly deplorable of them. I really hate Yuasa now. She should have stopped this and failed while being so close and being able to see of those girl’s intention. Since I doubt she is stupid enough to miss out on observational duty.

About Satoshi at the end, it’s obvious something is wrong with Satoshi in the spoiler
from those 2 reactions. Quite easy to see he getting vexed over Oreki’s skills to the point he thinks most likely he is getting Shafted. A rather bad train of thoughts. At this point Satoshi is at risk to SNAP. That would be bad IMO. As much as if Eru ever would.

BTW Image Stitches in the spoiler
it's Eru and Ibara.
Yumekichi11Aug 5, 2012 4:20 PM

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
Aug 5, 2012 9:18 AM
Jul 2010
those eyes. Chitanda's moe level is unbelievable.
It's episode 16 and Oreki's development hasn't been nearly as impressive as I'd have expected really.
Aug 5, 2012 9:29 AM

Oct 2010
Tayau said:
It's episode 16 and Oreki's development hasn't been nearly as impressive as I'd have expected really.
It's slow but even for Oreki a blush from Chitanda's cleavage is a strong sign. Well for this series and for Oreki himself TBH. Not much in terms of the other series but it's a major deal in this series IMO.

Aug 5, 2012 9:36 AM

Nov 2011
Eru's yandere/curious eyes.
Aug 5, 2012 9:53 AM

Feb 2011
*o*
Aug 5, 2012 10:16 AM

Nov 2011
Yumekichi11 said:
It's slow but even for Oreki a blush from Chitanda's cleavage is a strong sign. Well for this series and for Oreki himself TBH. Not much in terms of the other series but it's a major deal in this series IMO.

I wouldn't expect romance at all from this series except maybe affections that is platonic. I know you didn't mention romance but I still wouldn't expect it as a development.

The blush doesn't really mean anything imo and not a major deal in this series. Maybe he might be less indifferent to other people or events around him by the time this series end but not expecting more than a strong friendship between the two.
Stark700Aug 5, 2012 10:22 AM
Aug 5, 2012 10:21 AM

Nov 2007
Friend guy fights to find out Juumonji, and Oreki is fighting for selling the magazines. Oreki's sister came! It seems like she has the manga that childhood girl searches for! The illustrator of the manga and the illustration of a poster are the same, who is Student Council president. And he thinks that what was written at afternote is related to the stealing incident. He wonders about why the stealing skipped "Ku" and more. His friend felt lost to this incident searching.

Yoshino-san's character (Broadcast club) invited her for interview.

Another cosplayer?? I know I saw that character before from an arcade game..., but rather than that, a club member wanted to do some small trick, but got worse with the water spilling on the childhood girl.

Chitanda is curious about the incident, too, but got shocked by Oreki's lie about being very bad... thus the eyes.

Ep. ended with starting of the interview.
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Aug 5, 2012 10:57 AM

Oct 2010
Stark700 said:
Yumekichi11 said:

I wouldn't expect romance at all from this series except maybe affections that is platonic. I know you didn't mention romance but I still wouldn't expect it as a development.

The blush doesn't really mean anything IMO and not a major deal in this series. Maybe he might be less indifferent to other people or events around him by the time this series end but not expecting more than a strong friendship between the two.
I don't think I can agree with on the blush. You see ever since from the hot spring episode this kind of behavior of Oreki is clearly shown to be a desire of lust so to speak. Once again it happens and it truly just means a desire of love hence romance.

If it will develop by the end of this season or reserved for later as well as that of Ibara x Satoshi, is to be seen.

Aug 5, 2012 12:17 PM

Aug 2008
So even the mighty kininarimasu Eru can be obstructed by indecent ideas.
And her radio greetings worth tons of LOLs.

This is getting very interesting. I didn't expect everything mentioned before to be assembled in one place like this.
Aug 5, 2012 5:25 PM

May 2011
A lot of build up for this, but this mystery is finally getting more serious and very interesting too. Can't wait to see how it turns out!

Chitanda derped on the introduction, she's so funny. XD
Aug 5, 2012 5:27 PM

Jul 2010
Nice! i hope Oreki will succed this time.I have a feeling it's all Oreki's sister doing though.
Satoshi looks kinda pissed/sad, but well, its nothing surprising.
This manga looked really good, it would be nice if it exist in rl too D:

Cant wait for next episode ;_;
Aug 5, 2012 5:30 PM

Jul 2008
Satoshi is getting really annoying.
Aug 5, 2012 6:09 PM

Apr 2012
This was a great episode. It had me laughing and nearly jumping out of my chair when I saw Oreki's sister give him the manga! I knew it was his sister from the beginning... from the weird clothing and the fact they cut off half her face.

Satoshi really wanted to solve this mystery but Oreki seems two steps ahead in his deductions. This makes Satoshi really upset.

And Poor Chitanda ...she isn't able to feed her curiousty and on top of that embarrassed herself at the end of the episode.

This episode Mayaka was someone from the manga Rainbow Parakeet .... but I'm not sure who

Side Note: Is there somewhere where I can read the light novel that is FULLY TRANSLATED?? Baka-tsuki is behind on their translations
FrostToasterAug 5, 2012 6:13 PM
Aug 5, 2012 6:15 PM

Oct 2011
Those eyes from Chitanda. I am mystified.
Satoshi was really sad this ep, which was a surprise to me.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 5, 2012 6:18 PM

Feb 2012
Damn, Satoshi is going into the shadow while Oreki is standing under the sun's light.

If I were Ibara, I would have hit that stupid bitch, seriously, it's not the first they are doing this.

Chitanda went crazy "ki ni narimasu"-mode this time, Oreki can't handle it haha

Why won't they show us the sister's face, I hope they do eventually?
Aug 5, 2012 6:19 PM
Oct 2010
creepy eru eyes

that scene at the manga club pissed me off. fucking bitches.. wanted to stab that broad who spilled the water with a brush
Dont bother replying to my posts in forums, dont check them afterwards.

Aug 5, 2012 6:19 PM

Mar 2012
Another exceptional episode!

The art and animation remains outstandingly detailed and descriptive. Throughout this arc, the energy and atmosphere has been incredibly effective. The characters, particularly Satoshi and Oreki, were fantastic this episode. I love the occasional peeks into Satoshi's rather damaged psyche. It was great to see Oreki's sister, despite her face remaining partially hidden once again.

Chitanda was terrific, as she continued to bend Oreki's will and desire. I'm hoping for more romantic flourishes to occur between them as the end approaches, considering those instances have been consistently present throughout, despite being rather light in nature. Mayaka's subplot continues to be interesting, and I hope it concludes nicely.

The ending to this episode was hilarious. The mystery is unraveling very nicely, and I can't wait for what appears to be the conclusion next week. I'm hoping and expecting Oreki's sister to be directly involved in the Juumonji mystery, considering the increased foreshadowing. Due to how brilliant it's been, I wish the festival arc could last until the end of the show, but I'm thoroughly excited to see how the story continues following this particular mystery.
Lelouch22Aug 5, 2012 6:26 PM
Aug 5, 2012 6:21 PM

Jun 2012
That ep was really awesome. I like the funny parts: adult stuff lol and chitanda messing up on the talkshow. It's really cool that they found the manga (and oreki thought it was good XD) and how its connected to everything. Can't wait to find out who juumonji is :)
Aug 5, 2012 6:31 PM

Jul 2012
It's annoying that they keep avoiding showing Oreki's sister's face... makes her seem so suspicious.

Awesome episode... when Oreki swapped for the manga I was seriously freaking out. Crazy how intricately connected everything is turning out to be.
Aug 5, 2012 6:34 PM

Nov 2008
Quite interesting episode.
Lol at Oreki saying that the discussion would contain "adut" contents :P
Aug 5, 2012 6:38 PM

Jun 2010
WHY THEY NO SHOW OREKIS SISTER'S FACE?!

I thought there would be some guests or something from K-ON! when they mentioned the Light Music Club lol.

Poor Mayaka :(

Houtarou x Eru ftw. I feel that the development between them are slowly increasing. Hoping for more.

I wonder what Eru thought when Oreki said that adult stuff hahaha.

What is Satoshi's problem? I don't get his attitude. What is he expecting from Houtarou? Why isn't he acting normally? Why is he obsessed on changing? Dahell is his problem? >_>
Aug 5, 2012 6:42 PM

Jan 2011
nice episode love how everything's connecting even the manga,but i almost feel like 90% of the club is hating on Mayaka not just the vocaloid bitches :(

poor Chitanda her moeness got the better of her in the end there lol.
Aug 5, 2012 6:42 PM

Oct 2010
Mayaka =((((((((((((
Aug 5, 2012 6:48 PM

Jun 2009
GarLogan78 said:

I already hate him since ep 1...
Aug 5, 2012 7:06 PM

Aug 2010
Chitanda's face when Oreki said he was going to talk about adult stuff with Satoshi was priceless.
Aug 5, 2012 7:15 PM

Mar 2012
Why the hate for Satoshi?
This is very interesting character development for him. His desire surpass Oreki add an interesting dynamic in their interaction. I hope you haters didn't watch too much harem and no longer able to enjoy good male rivalry in anime.

I hope Eru can overcome her social awkwardness. Her increasing self awareness only serve to exacerbate her social ability. It going to be difficult to watch her embarrass herself in the radio show and go into some kind of depression next episode. I am surprised that no one in the club notice her issues, but I guess everyone is quite busy with the own problems, beside Oreki. I hope Oreki will help her out on that.
Aug 5, 2012 8:00 PM

Nov 2008
Mayaka's incident and Satishi's behavior where the highlights of this episode. Although I wish that they would show Oreki's sister's face. But now I am even more convinced that she has something to do with the disappearances.
Aug 5, 2012 8:02 PM

Feb 2012
Great ep.

Chitanda being as moe as ever. Her "Watashi, Kininarimasu" never gets old! Also Chitanda's rape face when Oreki said it was an adult topic was hilarious.

Satoshi continues to be more and more jealous of Oreki. Poor guy :P

Arc has finally moved on to the mystery. Not that I didn't enjoy the festival. It's seriously one of the best school festivals in anime.

Lastly I hope they show Oreki's sister's face in the end lol. As Chitanda would say: Watashi, Kininarimasu!

5/5
YveseAug 5, 2012 8:08 PM
Aug 5, 2012 8:05 PM

Dec 2009
Satoshi is clearly jealous of Oreki's ability to solve mysteries from seemingly outta nowhere. Unlike Oreki Satoshi doesn't feel like he has anything to contribute and as a result he feels like he is being left behind while Oreki himself is changing for the better.

It seems like the whole Classics club seems stagnant while Oreki is the only one who has changed, even if by a little bit. Mayaka can't stand up for herself, Chitanda is still.... well Chitanda except socially more awkward than ever before, and Satoshi is trying to find himself by solving this mystery. Either way I see the club as a whole being shaken for the better by this incident and hopefully shake off their insecurities.
Aug 5, 2012 8:16 PM

Aug 2011
Chitanda is yandere .__.
Aug 5, 2012 8:31 PM

Feb 2012
Oreki's really getting in to solving the case...
Aug 5, 2012 8:51 PM

Nov 2011
Come on, I can't be the only one who thought Houtarou's expression when those two old women were buying copies was hilarious.

Aug 5, 2012 9:04 PM

May 2012
chitanda moe level is OVER 9000!!!!!!

Aug 5, 2012 9:13 PM

Nov 2011
GarLogan78 said:

Why do you say that?

He's just trying to solve the mystery on his own because he's
jealous of Oreki always doing it.

I mean you can't really blame him either.

Good episode though, can't wait to see how it all ties together.
Aug 5, 2012 9:33 PM
Jul 2012
leeo268 said:

I hope Eru can overcome her social awkwardness. Her increasing self awareness only serve to exacerbate her social ability. It going to be difficult to watch her embarrass herself in the radio show and go into some kind of depression next episode. I am surprised that no one in the club notice her issues, but I guess everyone is quite busy with the own problems, beside Oreki. I hope Oreki will help her out on that.

Actually, Oreki already noticed her problems. From the last episode, Oreki was about to say "Chitanda, you seem tired". Oreki is probably shy and I think Chitanda starts to feel like she is annoying him. From this episode, Chitanda quote "Why Fukube, why can't you tell me?". An indication that she starts wanting Oreki to care more for her and also that she is going to have character developments soon.

This will probably lead to Oreki helping her out which will speed up the development between the 2. I hope they finally start to understand each other's feelings soon.
Aug 5, 2012 9:35 PM

Sep 2011
Chitana full on head bonks the mic AHAHAH. Mystery is getting better, and we'll have a culprit sooner or later :D
Aug 5, 2012 9:41 PM

Mar 2009
Yumekichi11 said:
About Eru, she is quite PSYCHO in the following,

This one pic surely proves and shows that Eru can be as insane as this girl:
http://myanimelist.net/character/3359/Kotonoha_Katsura
or
http://myanimelist.net/character/4963/Yuno_Gasai
Aug 5, 2012 9:45 PM

Jan 2012
I thoroughly enjoyed this episode more than last....Mostly because we get a Chitanda x Oreki moment. I get the feeling Oreki's sister is gonna show up and be all like "Trololol. At least you weren't bored amirite?". However, seeing that page in the manga....I don't think she's the ONLY one behind it >_>....
Aug 5, 2012 9:53 PM

Mar 2012
I just can't wait for next Sunday...
Aug 5, 2012 10:02 PM
May 2010
New ep! When I saw it I thought I had missed an ep but it just skipped a week!EDIT: Derp, cant keep track of time apparently!~

Hehe so the service continues with Eru and Oreki! Its nice and hopefully something comes of it!
First of all those dam manga society girls getting on my nerves again although at least they didnt mean to go that far but still ahh felt so bad for her. Hopefully this resolves itself soon somehow... revenge? probably not, but was it ever mentioned why they dont get along well?
Oreki's sister super suspicious, Eru recognizes her...>? Wonder why? Similarity to Oreki or is she someone famous? Perhaps weve had a cameo without even knowing?
Oreki's business is still raring and producing results with this new "clue" lets see where it leads... so the mystery could possibly be a "live action" manga with the characters being the students,etc. or it could also be some of the group trying to play out/show the manga in real life because the project fell through without being complete and they wanted the story told?
Is Oreki's sister a possible collaborator in the manga/doujin?
Oreki's really growing into his talents not much development here though, seems to be focusing more on the others.
Finally Satoshi, hes really wigging out, wonder if hes feeling insecure or unimportant, wanting to be someone but unable to do anyything... if so hes wrong, seriously, but i guess he still has some growing left to be able to see his talents, cant see the forest for the trees, he cant see himself for who he is because hes only concentrating on what hes fumbled on, -sigh- hopefully this is resolved too, tensions are rising...

ahh Eru, rather than psycho she seemed more like shocked? (with the "Adult" content talk)hmm i dont know though maybe it was jealousy? hehe <<Yandere>> kaka just kidding! or am i? dun dun duuun!~ hehe no seriously just kidding (>^^<)

Well it was a good ep, good quality and atmosphere/expression/festival cant wait til next week for the next episode! Hope its just as good!!!~
kyros1226Aug 5, 2012 10:07 PM
Aug 5, 2012 10:35 PM

Jul 2010
Yumekichi11 said:
Stark700 said:
Yumekichi11 said:

The blush doesn't really mean anything IMO and not a major deal in this series. Maybe he might be less indifferent to other people or events around him by the time this series end but not expecting more than a strong friendship between the two.
I don't think I can agree with on the blush. You see ever since from the hot spring episode this kind of behavior of Oreki is clearly shown to be a desire of lust so to speak. Once again it happens and it truly just means a desire of love hence romance.

If it will develop by the end of this season or reserved for later as well as that of Ibara x Satoshi, is to be seen.

I also respectfully disagree with your lack of expectation of romance from this show. It is obvious from the beginning that Mayaka likes Satoshi and the first time Eru unleashes her eyes on Houtarou he has the whole flowers and hair thing, from that moment on he has been smitten. The hot springs episode showed it even more. He didn't "over heat" just because of the motion sickness or the heat of the hot spring, it was hearing Chitanda splashing water on herself and imagining her naked!

Then there was the OVA, where he looks at Mayaka's face, Satoshi's face, and scans up and down on Eru taking in the curves before looking at her face!

Then in the episode before this, when Mayaka asked him why he doesn't just refuse Eru's requests, he tells her that she isn't someone he can say no to. Mayaka understands exactly what this means, even if Houtarou seems to be slightly unclear on it.

The story has been building romantic tension in very subtle ways the entire time.
Aug 5, 2012 10:55 PM

Apr 2012
I forgot to mention this earlier...

But Mayaka is seen using the Wing-pen that Nizuma Eiji (from Bakuman) commonly uses.
Aug 5, 2012 10:56 PM

Aug 2010
I'm loving this mystery!!!! I barely can't wait for the next episode D:
Aug 5, 2012 10:57 PM

Apr 2012
-MgZ_ said:

I thought there would be some guests or something from K-ON! when they mentioned the Light Music Club lol.

I kind of felt the same way...
Aug 5, 2012 11:58 PM
Aug 2012
Oreki : it involves a very adult topic

Chitanda : I'm more curious!
Aug 5, 2012 11:59 PM
Feb 2012
Great episode, this mystery is getting more interesting. It is nice all arc the story lines are coming together. Hopefully, there's a more satisfying conclusion than the last arc.

I would have to disagree that oreki's sister is the culprit or is directly involved. That seems too obvious. She does appear to know about juumonji, since she gave oreki the manga with a key clue.

Satoshi is beginning to annoy me, but I understand his feelings of lack of advancement and unimportance. I think he's overreacting. He's focusing too much on his failures and the differences between him and Oreki.
Aug 6, 2012 12:29 AM

May 2012
Chitanda~!!
[/URL]
Aug 6, 2012 12:53 AM

Aug 2010
Loved Chitanda's reaction to him mentioning the "adult stuff". Girl is just too pure, her mind cannot grasp the concept -> shutdown (well, at least her Soulgaze(TM) got shut down temporarily)

Also, Mayaka should have just roundhouse-kicked that bitch outte the window.

Oh, and we all know by now, Oreki's sister is a troll, wouldn't be surprised if she was behind all this, or at least somehow involved behind things.

And the last part with eru headbutting the mic... damn you, muscle memory. And it was SOOOOOOOOO her.
I want Rambo in a mecha-suit with a laser-chainsaw gun that fires nuclear warheads, fighting the love-child of Predator, Alien, a group of Bangladeshi terrorists, and Satan. (Actually that would be a pretty sick show) - StopDropAndBowl
Aug 6, 2012 12:59 AM

May 2010
Chi-chan haha such a clutz but that what i love about her, Ibara has been messed with the whole weekend give the girl some slack it man sheesh (on another note that mai outfit) not nice to mess with someone that much, i swear the if they make her cry....... yo im in there and we adult now? haha Chitanda will not be corrupted stay pure forever

Oreki is so damn smart for someone who doesnt care haha while satoshi get on my nevres sometimes

This is getting good, cant wait for them to connect the dots next episode
Aug 6, 2012 1:08 AM

Jul 2009
I really am interested in the 'background' relationship between Oreki and Satoshi. I can see where Satoshi is coming from -- a person who longs to become great, yet will always pale in comparison to the naturally gifted.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» No romance here

KainiusTheGreat - Mar 10

25 by Margrave_Masane »»
Apr 13, 12:48 PM

Poll: » Hyouka Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Yumekichi11 - May 6, 2012

268 by Cammell »»
Apr 8, 1:27 PM

Poll: » Hyouka Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Veronin - Apr 22, 2012

491 by Prosper20 »»
Apr 5, 7:19 PM

Poll: » Hyouka Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Yumekichi11 - Aug 19, 2012

184 by dspr »»
Mar 3, 5:19 PM

Poll: » Hyouka Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Yumekichi11 - Sep 16, 2012

605 by sarahdqueener »»
Feb 29, 1:10 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.