Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]
Jul 23, 2014 4:35 PM

Jul 2009
Dangit, looks like this isn't quite over yet! Houtarou's sister comes to visit and just so happens to have that manga Mayaka was looking for eh? :P Then the thief gets by everyone by skipping one character ... and Mayaka and Chitanda find out who the artist is! This is getting good!
Houtarou tells Satoshi about what he's thinking. Obviously something to do with the Christie mysteries, the manga group, and of course the thief himself ... dangit. Kind of a bit sad for Satoshi at the end there, when he realizes that he won't be able to solve it by himself and pretty much has to rely on Houtarou again ... that's gotta be rough for him.
The final (?) episode of this arc next time, I'm assuming? Also lol @ Chitanda hitting her head on the show XD
Nov 13, 2014 8:54 AM

Dec 2012
Am I the only one who thinks Chitanda is kinda annoying ? -_-

- barely alive -
Jan 28, 2015 4:23 AM

Jul 2014
Chitanda is such a retarded character that this show starting to be painful to watch.
Mar 5, 2015 4:32 PM

Jan 2014
Awwwwww,.. Oreki's being a douche this episode. Chitanda's working her !@#$%^&* off to show off (to him?!), and event though he might care, he doesn't show it. He doesn't even compliment her on getting on the broadcast.

Seems all is forgiven though, as he did just crack a huge part of the mystery's code.

phantom19 said:
The dynamic of Satoshi and Houtarou being equal is changing. Satoshi is becoming increasingly jealous of him and knows that he is unable to compete with him.

He got put back in place though, failing at the Global Act club, while Houtarou made a lot more progress doing nothing, and the scene with the two of them at the walkway suggests that Satoshi accepts this.

Tayau said:
Oreki's development hasn't been nearly as impressive as I'd have expected really.

I think you were missing the point. He's just in denial. Hence Satoshi's remarks, hence Mayaka's laughter last episode. Remember also it was Oreki who was first worried about Chitanda, sensing she was getting tired. He failed to ask her about it though, and later fails again, because he's trying to stay in character. The truth is though, old Oreki would never have even noticed.
"I'm a middle schooler bartender!"
- Mishima Hitomi
Mar 29, 2015 6:56 AM

Feb 2015
It irritates me how it doesn't show Oreki's sister face
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 22, 2015 12:43 AM

Jul 2008
And to think Satoshi started Houtarou on this path and now he's pissed about it.

And also those bitches in the manga club struck again....argh.
Jun 8, 2015 6:31 AM
Jun 2015
The juumonji mysteries is hit me a bit but for me the most mysterious is about oreki sister.Chitanda say she meet her before and I don't think she just guessing since chitanda had a very good memory.Btw I think oreki sister have something to do with the manga that Ibara looking.It's seem that oreki sis is the mastermind from my option ofc.
Dec 24, 2015 4:42 PM

Sep 2014
Wow, Eri. Wow. Ep 16.

Plot: Oreki get a surprise visit from his sister and gets a certain doujin as payment. A corpse by Midnight. As the mystery of the Juumonji peaks to a head on the last day things are not going good for Satoshi and Ibara. Ibara suffers a humiliation and Satoshi keeps failing to win. As Oreki tried to connect the dots between the newly acquired manga and Juumonji, Chitanda suffers a humiliation of her own. Ouch.

Character: Satoshi man. You're cracking. His database origin is really working against him here. And I can see his frustration and get it. A thousand people and Oreki is gonna solve it without second guessing? That'd put anyone on edge.

Poor Ibara. That scene with the Society was just one of those things where someone would get hurt. But the wonderful smile she got from knowing she might meet her favorite creative team? Now that's a look I can get behind.

Chitanda was adorable as usual but her Curiosity got kinda high with that Yandere smile.

Lol at Oreki. Just keep the funny train going.

Animation/sound: The faces man. The faces from funny, to drama, rage. It was just good.

5/5. The penultimate ep for the Juumonji incident. Let's see where it ends.

I go where I wanna go, even if its into Oppai.
May 12, 2016 4:51 AM

Mar 2014
Way to put together those thought to get away from Chitanda, Detective Oreki !!
Great episode . It not just a mere coincidence . Broadcast the Klutz !!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 14, 2016 7:17 AM

Jan 2016
awww.. Really feel bad for Mayaka.. make me even kinda sad by how they treat her in the manga club..
Lmao," You've set off Chitanda's eyes!" XD well she have some crazy eyes only if she wants too.. or gets curious :P

OOH shit she Killed the mic! o.O
cause MAL is doing there job for once.
Jun 12, 2016 4:37 AM
Jun 2016
What if Oreki's sis is actually Anjou Haruna? Maybe thats why she has the book and apparently bought herself one. Maybe she knew what tanabe was planning and decided to "help out" indirectly, given she knows Oreki pretty much inside out. Also when she said "stave off your boredom" what if she already knew Oreki would go into this mystery,as if the mystery was to be his entertainment? This is all just theory,speculation and fanboying/fangirling so yeah.
Aug 31, 2016 6:49 PM
Jan 2012
uau. Nice episode. I did not expect this manga would appear in the plot of this arc.
He left the more interesting arc, and before also was very interesting. I liked the president of the fair organization is related to illustration. I'm curious to know more details of Kugayama Muneyoshi and Anjou haruna-writer.
I have many questions about the Jumonji thief, why he has not appeared and attacked when the classic club.
The relation about books of christie and case juumonji so very intriguing, I am quite expectations how the mysteries and how they will be resolved in the arch of the outcome.
I have much expectatives about Eru chitanda,about what she will say in radio transmission in next episode.
I hope radio transmission revaled more key points about jumonji mystery.
A almost forget say like to see cosplay Mai of king of fighters in room of club of manga.
RafaKojiroAug 31, 2016 6:55 PM
Sep 19, 2016 6:30 PM

Dec 2015
How did she manage to hit the mic with her head?? Wtf...
"At some point, I stopped hoping."
Oct 2, 2016 6:04 PM

Apr 2016
This series is really becoming a fun watch. The intrigue is spot on right now, the character interactions are in peak form, and Satoshi's jealousy of Oreki is adding more depth to their dynamic. This has gone from something I was pretty ambivalent about to a show I'll miss once it's over.
Nov 8, 2016 7:36 PM

Sep 2015
Awesome they added the manga Ibara was looking for as part of the mystery. I'm pretty sure that isn't the same copy Ibara lost tho.
Mar 7, 2017 4:24 AM

May 2008
I can't really feel sorry for Satoshi. He is getting jealous on it's own and is showing his ugly side. Oreki don't even know wtf is with him. I would get pretty pissed when I don't know why my friend is getting so bitchy suddenly at me.
Jun 18, 2017 7:10 PM

Aug 2013
Chitanda eyes when Houtarou mentioned "Adult" stuff. XD

She even hit the mic with her head as well.

Still didn't show us Houtarou sister's face.

May 2, 2018 11:28 AM

Apr 2013
Chitanda can be such a klutz at times. And Satoshi is hella jealous of Oreki, that's not nice. Maya really has a hard time with club members like that, wouldn't be surprised if she quits the manga society after this festival.
Feb 4, 2019 3:02 PM

Mar 2018
What the hell is up with that manga club? I'm thinking their treatment of Mayaka must somehow tie into the overall mystery or they wouldn't spend so much time on it. Can't wait to see in what way.
May 7, 2019 9:44 AM

May 2015
Wow this anime is still so boring after all these episodes.
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Aug 17, 2019 9:42 AM

Nov 2017
Mayaka's better than me. I know back in high school I was the type of person to let people know when they messed up. I would've chin checked that bullying bee-otch lol.

On another note, Satoshi's development is being executed quite nicely
Dec 29, 2019 5:11 PM

Jan 2015
Oreki got serious now. He wants to solve this mystery.
Jan 26, 2020 3:22 AM
Apr 2016
Feel bad for Satoshi, but it was basically set up for Oreki, so there's really nothing he could've done about it.
Jun 9, 2020 8:56 PM

Aug 2019
Wow this mystery has me completely off, i can't follow shit this time around xD i think its just from the translations from Japanese to English that have thrown me off this time around cus there seems to be a lot.
eeeee real feels bad for Mayaka, why the fuck do people gotta do her like that. Shits rough :c
Lmao i always like the "the least expected thing you'd think the character could enjoy" actually enjoy it. In this case finding out Houtarou has a thing for manga like the one was given was a laughable surprise.
Chitanda is literally too innocent and cute for this world i swear. Houtarou don't you dare lewd her. Also her eyes immediately fucking dulling after being told "adult content" scared the shit outta me idk why.
Juumonji stole guitar strings from the K-On club? Oooow i can almost hear Yui scream in horror as someone has MASSACRED her poor Giita while Azusa try's to calm her down xD
Jul 28, 2020 3:11 PM

Nov 2018
President of the Student Council is my number one suspect.
I hate everyone equally
Aug 22, 2020 11:56 PM
Aug 2020
leeo268 said:
Why the hate for Satoshi?
This is very interesting character development for him. His desire surpass Oreki add an interesting dynamic in their interaction. I hope you haters didn't watch too much harem and no longer able to enjoy good male rivalry in anime.

Actually, I really feel Satoshi's pain. When I was in high school (feels like ages ago now), I was in band, and there was always someone who outshone me in every instrument I played. And in programming class (my eventual major and now longtime career), I always felt like I was second fiddle, levels behind others who seemed (at the time) to be amazing at programming.

I think it's something many people feel, and to come to terms with it is hard, especially when the one always outshining you is your friend (as it was with me as well). The fact is Satoshi is better than he thinks, and even Oreki says so later (in the Valentine ep), but he has no self-confidence, and can't evaluate his own skills and what he wants to do in life (again, a very similar sentiment to the high school me as well). It's why I think I can really understand Satoshi's frustrations and envy so well...
Aug 23, 2020 12:18 AM
Aug 2020
Starchaser said:
Mayaka's better than me. I know back in high school I was the type of person to let people know when they messed up. I would've chin checked that bullying bee-otch lol.

From a Western point of view, most certainly, but this would be very much out-of-character for Japanese high school culture, where senpai reign supreme and acting out against others, especially violently, is discouraged from a very young age. Japanese in general are very unlikely to speak their mind out against anything in a public setting (this is called "tatemae", basically one's public "face"), and save their true feelings for close-knit groups (where they can show their "hon-ne", or true feelings). It makes their politics very difficult for a foreigner to follow!

Unfortunately, bullying as shown (very rarely physical violence, but very often dirty and nasty pranks and even vandalism) is also very common in Japan (as it is in the US as well, as I can attest to). But, where as an American might eventually snap and beat up their bully (or much, much worse), that kind of reaction is very rare in Japan. Mayaka's reaction is actually pretty much what you would expect in general from a high school girl in a similar situation.
Nov 3, 2020 5:24 PM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
Ngl oreki is 10 year old me whenever I saw 1cm of a girls chest

NYANPASU
5700XT

Apr 14, 2021 4:31 PM

Jun 2020
The culprit skipped some things rather than what Satoshi had in mind Oreki's sister is in school didn't expect to see her in school but she did mention that to Oreki and here we go again with Eru's curiosity which I probably will never get bored of

These low life scums need to get out of Mayaka's life they're treating her so bad and Mayaka didn't cause them any problems they're getting on my nerves just stop already

Eru got carried away greeting the host and accidentally hit the mic poor Eru, Clumsy Eru being Eru

Jan 7, 2022 1:05 PM

Jul 2021
I'm curious to know what Houtarou will be left with thanks to the exchange system when the festival ends.
asdasdsadad
May 24, 2022 9:00 AM

Nov 2019
When Eru hit the mic, I felt that
Oct 7, 2022 6:52 PM

Aug 2021
chitanda is just becoming nothing but annoying at this point
Dec 5, 2022 4:10 AM

Mar 2019
Lol Chitanda, that introduction was funny.

The annoying Mayaka drama continues. I don't even understand why this bullying is happening in the first place.

Also Chitanda got a bit too annoying this episode, even for Oreki. There isn't really a reason to tell her his theories if she won't do anything with them. Oreki's reason to avoid that was funny. And Satoshi keeps getting himself into a depression for no reason. From what we saw, he didn't really do much to solve it besides going to those 2 events because "it was obvious" which turned out to not be so obvious, whereas Oreki actually thinks about the mystery as a whole.
Come on man,where is that Noragami season 3 masterpiece.We want it, Bones!

Jan 6, 2023 3:44 PM
Dec 2021
yea thats pretty much it
Nov 5, 2023 10:26 PM

Oct 2022
I really hate it when a character gets bullied but doesn't fight back. She's so good at criticizing Houtarou yet can't do a single thing when she's bullied. But I guess being violent doesn't suit her character.

Jan 26, 12:42 PM

Jan 2008
This is an enjoyable show, but the protagonist is so unbelievably dull.
"I'm starting to think mal is run by Xinil generating electricity on a bicycle." - idklol
Apr 16, 9:53 PM
Aug 2022
MIC SMASH, that is all I need to say. LMAO
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]

More topics from this board

» No romance here

KainiusTheGreat - Mar 10

25 by Margrave_Masane »»
Apr 13, 12:48 PM

Poll: » Hyouka Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Yumekichi11 - May 6, 2012

268 by Cammell »»
Apr 8, 1:27 PM

Poll: » Hyouka Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Veronin - Apr 22, 2012

491 by Prosper20 »»
Apr 5, 7:19 PM

Poll: » Hyouka Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Yumekichi11 - Aug 19, 2012

184 by dspr »»
Mar 3, 5:19 PM

Poll: » Hyouka Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Yumekichi11 - Sep 16, 2012

605 by sarahdqueener »»
Feb 29, 1:10 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.