Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 5, 2012 4:03 AM

Nov 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Sugita-san's character told them about whereabout the place of Orpheus Order and about pre POG guy.

Orpheus Order guys is being shown about Kaito and friends arrival. Tags with symbols of angels, God, etc. were given including the robot. Pre POG guy with two bracelets (gold and silver)!! vs. the group to cross the waterway. The pictures with the same tags? They found statues... When they almost solved it, the bracelets got berserked and changed the tags and with time limit. With the robot's help, he arrived to end in time.

When Kaito approved pre POG guy's puzzle, he gave in, but the bracelets controlled him.

Next ep.
LunaAug 12, 2012 12:42 AM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Aug 5, 2012 8:23 AM

Nov 2011
WHOA CLIFFIE!!! :O

That's probably the first time I've seen Phi Brain pull one of those.

Kaito! Your greatest fanboy Freecell will rescue you! >:D
Aug 5, 2012 10:06 AM

Nov 2009
Oh, wow, they went all out with double entendre this time. It's not even subtext anymore, it's text now xD "Kaito ga Ana wo taberu?!" "Ana, ureshii!" XD

An enjoyable puzzle overall and a nice cliffhanger. The next ep is titled 'Awakening'. Does that mean Freecell's ring awakens to its full power, or he himslef from the ring induced insanity, I wonder?
ったく、嫌な世の中だよ。
Aug 5, 2012 11:02 PM

Nov 2009
Wow ..... sudden plot twist. What exactly happened to Herbert and Kaito?
Aug 6, 2012 6:06 AM

Mar 2012
Woot great episode, what will happen to Herbert and Kaito hmm.
Aug 6, 2012 10:50 AM
Jan 2011
Intresting, this kinda reminds me of one puzzle about the chicken, the fox, the wheat where it is set in a river where there is a boat, as a boatman you can only carry one passenger or cargo to the other side, the problems are:

You can't leave the chicken with the fox co'z the fox is gonna eat the chicken.

You can't leave the chicken with the wheat co'z the chicken will eat the wheat.

So the solution is:

Carry the chicken first to the other side, then come back for the fox then carry the chicken back to the previous side and then leave there and bring the wheat to the other side, then come back for the chicken and bring again to the other side.
Nasty001Aug 6, 2012 11:02 AM
Aug 6, 2012 10:51 AM

Jun 2010
Ah man. Even though I think Herbert was a total jerk from the start, to think that he was being controlled after he turned good, that's just sad. :(

Aug 6, 2012 11:48 AM

Aug 2010
I thought the double armlets were pointless as a giver, but I guess it did serve its purpose towards the end and corrupted Herbert's poor soul.

The next ep is surely something with the joint partnership of Freecell. :|
Aug 7, 2012 4:09 PM

Nov 2008
Good episode : )

Anyways, has anyone else other than me been waiting for Nonoha to let down her hair. I'm starting to think it wont happen...I guess her biggest problem was not been able to solve puzzles with everyone else. I was hoping she would have a bigger role, b/c of the way they showed her in the opening, but I guess I was wrong.
I am a sucker for romance!!!!
]

Aug 8, 2012 2:59 AM

Sep 2007
Hahaha !
The little twist was freaking good. :)
Aug 8, 2012 9:08 AM
May 2012
IS THIS THE END OF DAIMON KAITO?!

IS HERBERT MULLER DEAD?!

Oh god, that cliffhanger makes me anxious to see what happens next!
Aug 8, 2012 4:17 PM

Apr 2012
Well, it has been a good run but puzzle time is over.

R.I.P. Kaito - you will always be an important puzzle piece... of our hearts.
Aug 8, 2012 5:14 PM

Feb 2012
Nasty001 said:
Intresting, this kinda reminds me of one puzzle about the chicken, the fox, the wheat where it is set in a river where there is a boat, as a boatman you can only carry one passenger or cargo to the other side, the problems are:

You can't leave the chicken with the fox co'z the fox is gonna eat the chicken.

You can't leave the chicken with the wheat co'z the chicken will eat the wheat.

So the solution is:

Carry the chicken first to the other side, then come back for the fox then carry the chicken back to the previous side and then leave there and bring the wheat to the other side, then come back for the chicken and bring again to the other side.
That's exactly what i was thinking of. This puzzle is obviously a parody of that one, only using God, Angels, Demons, and Humans as the Chicken, Fox, and Wheat.

Anyway, this wasn't that bad an episode. It was funny when they were all embarrassed because they might 'eat' each other, lol. And since i recognized the puzzle, it was fun solving it with them. We all know Kaito is alive.

I'm still waiting for Nonoha to let down her hair. :U At least it looks like she'll have a bigger role next week. She's been pretty much useless so far. I want her smarts to come in handy.
Aug 8, 2012 7:55 PM

Mar 2009
^Reminded me of a Professor Layton puzzle.

Anyway, in this week's episode of Phi Brain: the cast eats each other out.
Aug 9, 2012 3:52 AM

Feb 2011
At least that should put an end to Herbert. He was a complete useless character. Even for Phi Brain standards.

And that timer stuff at the end, was ridiculous. Seing how big that room was, it would've never taken Kaito 3 minutes to get to the other side and back. The distance had to be at least 4-5 times this much, to take that much time.
And with that high-speed at the end, it would've taken him only about 10 seconds.
Aug 9, 2012 5:43 AM

Jul 2011
SephiriAzure said:
Anyways, has anyone else other than me been waiting for Nonoha to let down her hair. I'm starting to think it wont happen...I guess her biggest problem was not been able to solve puzzles with everyone else. I was hoping she would have a bigger role, b/c of the way they showed her in the opening, but I guess I was wrong.

Yes exactly what I think too about Nonoha
Aug 9, 2012 10:53 AM

Aug 2011
Phew... I was going to say: "Oh gosh anorther happyflowerpower ending" but then the ring activates and "OMG yeeesh". This is getting interesting.
Aug 9, 2012 7:31 PM

Jun 2008
Actually felt bad for Herbert for like the first time ever... ._.
Aug 13, 2012 6:34 PM

Aug 2008
Herbert's type of puzzles are my favorite. And yet, he always cheat.
Orpheus Order! You killed someone! Polices are coming.
aiNkyy said:
SephiriAzure said:

Yes exactly what I think too about Nonoha

We still have 7 episodes left! Enough time to make her let her hair down ( the main reason I'm watching season 2 XD) !
Aug 16, 2012 12:38 PM

Dec 2011
Love the puzzle. It reminded me of the puzzle of how the pastor cross the other side of the river carrying a basket of vegetables, a goat, and a wolf.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 11, 2012 3:38 AM
Dec 2011
Herbert 2 rings show off time and the girl laughs. show off fail ! =D lolz

and Herbert doesn't even SOLVE. FAIL

He just stand there.

I bet herbert survives. In phi brain like anime nobody dies.

Eyes were like geass. and then double geass cause double rings.
Sep 25, 2012 12:45 PM
May 2007
Kaito: True, I'm kind of a "foolish" guy.
Kaito admitting the truth! You are being a good boy, Kaito ♥

Was Muller hating on Kaito only because he wasn't able to get close to being a Phi Brain child? Muller needs to learn from the gentle Jikukawa-senpai. And am I the only one who finds Muller's long hair beautiful? I liked his puzzle this time and Kaito better not escape the underground room collapse, I'm sealing the room off!
Nov 16, 2012 10:35 PM

Nov 2011
Personally, I don't think it was Herbert's fault there at the end but instead were those fucking rings attached on both of his wrists. Anyways, that collapse was a cliffhanger but let's all face it, Kaito is the MC of the series and likely will survive.

Also, nice puzzle there.
Feb 10, 2013 3:36 AM
May 2007
^ True indeed, but let's not forget "the hate for Kaito" Muller developed was since S1 and can't be blamed on rings as there were no replica rings for everyone to use. I still remember his throwing cups and the room furniture around just whenever Kaito wins a macth. He was so hating on Kaito, he'd scream so loudly and the two rings made him even louder!

He could be a rock band vocalist with Diceman as a support member, I might be his only fan.
Jun 8, 2014 1:44 PM

May 2012
Impressive development, quite liked this puzzle as it's a rather old one, still pretty nice!
Dec 7, 2014 11:19 AM

Jun 2011
Did the writer just tried to redeem Herbert? Show officially turned shit with every villain actually is a good person deep down and is just corrupted by the Orpheus powers. Everyone is gonna do a 180.
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control

More topics from this board

» why is this so unpopular?

Neostorm-X - Aug 1, 2021

4 by Veronicz »»
Nov 10, 2023 4:54 AM

Poll: » Phi Brain: Kami no Puzzle 2 Episode 1 Discussion

tsubasalover - Apr 8, 2012

42 by Teleportalfuture »»
Aug 11, 2020 5:06 AM

Poll: » Phi Brain: Kami no Puzzle 2 Episode 2 Discussion

tsubasalover - Apr 15, 2012

16 by removed-user »»
Mar 10, 2017 10:29 AM

Poll: » Phi Brain: Kami no Puzzle 2 Episode 22 Discussion

tsubasalover - Sep 2, 2012

13 by The_Badguy »»
Jul 8, 2016 2:40 AM

» Creepy antagonists

Saber_fang - Jun 23, 2015

0 by Saber_fang »»
Jun 23, 2015 9:34 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.