Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Feb 9, 2007 4:35 PM

Mar 2005
Arite a number of thoughts on this episode:

yay, at least KyoAni this time makes Nayuki's inevitable loss much more bearable. Toei made it so horrible last time, to have her still love Yuuichi AND witness Ayu and Yuuichi's first kiss. At least this time they make her completely aware of who Yuuichi's feelings belong to, so it's not as painful to watch. I love this episode because it finally showed Yuuichi giving some attention to Nayuki. Kudos, that definitely did not happen the first time.

and...Ayu. I used to like her, second behind Nayuki. This time around, she doesn't seem as moe compared to the pumped up Mai and Shiori. Oh well, tiers: Nayuki > Shiori > Mai > Sayuri > Ayu > Mishio > Makoto. was hoping for a kyoto animation miracle Nayuki ending but lol what can you expect? I think it's time to change my signature lol
Feb 9, 2007 4:48 PM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007
I'm enjoying each and every episode of Kanon. Was nice to see that they placed Nayuki
and Yuuichi in the same Cafe again, the same one that was shown multiple times before.
I'm really digging the way they make use of the name: repetition of schemes & places,
the kanon song, ...

Anyway, I was rooting for Ayu from the first second I saw her :D. But it's 1.47am so don't
expect any profound analyzing from me right now. All I can say now is that I'm still amazed
how beautifully Kyoto Animation animated the show. I can't think of any other anime that
offers such jaw-dropping images. That's how I see it anyway. Can't tell how it would look
if KyoAni did an action anime with guns'n'stuff xD.

Banzai~!

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
Feb 9, 2007 5:26 PM

Jan 2007
It's 5:23 pm so don't expect any profound analyzing from me either ;)

Anyways, decent episode. I like how they made Nayuki aware of Yuuichi's feelings as wells. The thing is I can't see anyone else with Yuuichi besides Ayu whether or not I like some of the others girls better.

My tier...
Sayuri > Mai and Ayu and Shiori > Makoto and Nayuki > everyone else
Faust721Feb 9, 2007 6:08 PM
Feb 9, 2007 5:56 PM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007
Faust721 said:
It's 5:23 pm so don't expect any profound analyzing from me either ;)
Heh, =D.

My tier would look like this:
Ayu > Sayuri > Mai, Shiori, Nayuki > Makoto & the others

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
Feb 10, 2007 12:12 AM

Oct 2006
Booo!!

Makoto>Ayu>Mai>Shiori>forget everyone else

Why doesn't anyone like Makoto??
Feb 10, 2007 12:20 AM

Mar 2005
because Makoto is annoying...and she's a damned fox lol.
Feb 10, 2007 12:21 AM

Jan 2007
i really like Makoto. I just happen to like Sayuri, Ayu, Mai, and Shiori more
Feb 10, 2007 1:31 AM

Mar 2005
on a partial rewatch of this episode, a couple other things.

Jun is awesome for first noticing Yuuichi's harem last episode and now noticing that Ayu's a gradeschooler! rofl! He has more insight than we give him credit for XD.

Cyruz KyoAni has done an action anime...sorta. FMP Fumoffu...sorta.

And BOO at the Ayu/Yuuichi kiss! Booooooo....lame. So random, so outta nowhere almost. The only thing that sparked that moment seemed to be the realization that both of them had ppl lost in front of them. In the recent times we've barely seen anything romantic between them! There was definitely more romantic times between Mai and Shiori! I mean come on this time even the Toei version gave a bit of romantic foreground before putting them together this was...too sudden. Oh well at least we get treated to classic focus on Ayu's tear and pan out to cinematic camera scroll.

or maybe this is a KyoAni trick and next episode will pull a classic "embarrassed new lovers" trick! XD
Feb 10, 2007 1:55 AM

Oct 2006
i for once read the credits and just now noticed that Horie Yui plays Ayu haha...yeah
Feb 10, 2007 2:08 AM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007
wildebeest0001 said:
Cyruz KyoAni has done an action anime...sorta. FMP Fumoffu...sorta.
True, that one was cool, too :D.

I was more thinking into the direction of, let's say... a Speed Grapher-like story. But it's fine. I like it how it is.

wildebeest0001 said:
Jun is awesome for first noticing Yuuichi's harem last episode and now noticing that Ayu's a gradeschooler! rofl! He has more insight than we give him credit for XD.
Aw~, she's not~! Lol. But I bet that's gonna be the favortite part of Jason from AoMM.

Btw, I like Makoto, too. In fact, there's not one a Character I don't like. Kaori, Amano, ...
Okay, maybe Jun. That guy's nutz. But I guess it was necessary to place a guy like him in heh. ^_^

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
Feb 10, 2007 3:05 AM

Aug 2006
For my two cents ... Mai rulez!!! After the Mai arc ended, everything else is just FILLER! LOL!!!
Feb 10, 2007 12:50 PM

Mar 2005
Cyruz said:
But I bet that's gonna be the favortite part of Jason from AoMM.

lol it's inevitable that all Kanon and Haruhi watchers have read Jason's blog
Feb 10, 2007 1:03 PM

Jan 2007
wildebeest0001 said:
Cyruz said:
But I bet that's gonna be the favortite part of Jason from AoMM.

lol it's inevitable that all Kanon and Haruhi watchers have read Jason's blog

indeed

itainteazy11 said:
i for once read the credits and just now noticed that Horie Yui plays Ayu haha...yeah

i need to read the credits more often
Oct 17, 2007 12:42 PM

Sep 2007
I didn't find the Ayu x Yuuichi romance surprising. I was actually waiting for that to happen. I just had a feeling it would be that. But I did feel that the kiss was random.
Dec 15, 2007 3:18 AM

Nov 2007
Yaaaay Yuuichi x Ayu :D

On another note, my tiers:
Mai > Nayuki > Ayu > Shiori > Sayuri > Mishio > Makoto

MAI IS WIN ^^
Feb 1, 2008 10:34 AM

Oct 2007
Best episode yet, 10/10. I was on the verge of tears at the ending
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 23, 2008 3:26 PM
Oct 2007
Another beautiful episode...
Feb 23, 2008 5:12 PM

Jan 2008
i think sumthings terribly wrong here did Ayu die or something and is a ghost now!! did she fell of the tree that's y it was chopped or what...grr!!

MUST FIND OUT
Mar 26, 2008 9:24 PM

Jun 2007
kei-clone said:
And BOO at the Ayu/Yuuichi kiss! Booooooo....lame. So random, so outta nowhere almost. The only thing that sparked that moment seemed to be the realization that both of them had ppl lost in front of them. In the recent times we've barely seen anything romantic between them! There was definitely more romantic times between Mai and Shiori! I mean come on this time even the Toei version gave a bit of romantic foreground before putting them together this was...too sudden.

I honestly like Ayu, and the two of them together, but I agree. The kiss came outta no where. A little more buildup/different scenario would have been nice. BOOOOO.

Otherwise, it was a good episode. :]

And, just because this thread has tiers...

Makoto > Ayu > Mai > Shiori > Sayuri > Nayuki > everyone else
Mar 27, 2008 7:32 PM

Dec 2007
I for one didn't mind the kiss, they were both in emotional distress and just needed a way to comfort each other. It kind of reminds me of the one in Code Geass.

#NBHNC
Apr 9, 2008 11:42 AM

Sep 2007
Liked the kiss scene. And tiers:

Ayu and Nayuki > Mai and Sayuri and Shiori > Makoto and others

Although, I really love all of the characters, Makoto included.
Apr 11, 2008 6:53 PM

Jan 2008
Yuuichi is such a player! He has kissed almost every girl!!!!
May 28, 2008 5:51 PM

May 2008
i really liked the ending part.
Jun 1, 2008 11:36 AM

Jan 2008
Yuuichi is such a player! He has kissed almost every girl!!!!

Jealous? :P
I'm still Mai fan though I won't be sad if it's Ayu.
Jun 4, 2008 9:54 PM

Oct 2007
I was unbelievably happy with the kiss. Just when it seems like there'll be no overt romance, KyoAni pretty much gives us two in a row. And a real future with YuuichiAyu.... I hope <3

"A magical girl does not -make- love, a magical girl -is- love."
Jun 12, 2008 8:04 AM
May 2008
PeanutSteak said:
I for one didn't mind the kiss, they were both in emotional distress and just needed a way to comfort each other. It kind of reminds me of the one in Code Geass.

I completely agree with you on this. I think people here are thinking far too one dimensionally. While the kiss may eventually spark some romance, at this stage, it is mealy a (admittedly rather touching) way for Yuuichi and Ayu to comfort one another. When looked at from this perspective, the kiss certainly doesn't come from out of nowhere.
panda_bearJun 12, 2008 1:56 PM
Jun 21, 2008 8:22 PM

Jun 2008
i half expected nayuki to have seen the kiss at the end... but wow either yuuich is blind that nayuki is talking about him or he is just playing it off... idk...

First Sig built from scratch 2nd overall^^^
Aug 20, 2008 11:26 AM
May 2008
I knew from the start that yuiichi and ayu would become lovers and I was right it just needed to be like this ^.^
Oct 2, 2008 9:49 PM

Aug 2008
A 5/5 for this one as well.
The kiss scene was alright, but not too romantinc and sorta sudden and you get the wrong picture when you see Ayu and Yuuichi kissing... like he's some kind of molester kissing a grade schooler -_-
CanadaAotS said:
Yaaaay Yuuichi x Ayu :D

On another note, my tiers:
Mai > Nayuki > Ayu > Shiori > Sayuri > Mishio > Makoto

MAI IS WIN ^^

OMG!! What's with you Fox haters?! Makoto's awesome!! Hmmm a cute pair of fox ears and tail would had made her so adorable and make it a definite Makoto+Yuuichi preference for me though.
Well my tiers are something like this: Mai> Nayuki> Makoto> Ayu > Shiori and everybody else who liked him. So ya, Makoto's not last on mine!!
Oct 3, 2008 3:03 PM
Oct 2007
Makoto is awesomeness!!!

I still go for

Ayu > Sayuri > Makoto > Nayu > Shiori > Mai

VSLOct 3, 2008 3:49 PM
Nov 7, 2008 6:05 PM
Jun 2008
Iriya said:
I didn't find the Ayu x Yuuichi romance surprising. I was actually waiting for that to happen. I just had a feeling it would be that. But I did feel that the kiss was random.

Wow! I thought the same!
Nov 22, 2008 5:03 PM

Oct 2008
I had the same feeling while watching this episode, the kiss scene didn't brought any romantic moments before it, that was so suddenly...but it was nice anyway ^^

My tiers are:

Makoto > Ayu > Shiori > Nayuki > Mai > Sayuri > everyone else (yes, i really like Makoto, and her relationship with Yuuichi, despite she's not exactly human)
BlueStar5Nov 22, 2008 5:20 PM

Dec 13, 2008 3:45 AM

Jan 2008
I expected them to be together eventually, just don't know when.
I don't mind if he ends up with her towards the end but I myself chooses Nayuki <3
Jan 11, 2009 5:12 AM

Mar 2008
From the start, I expected them to get together. Just not this soon.

And because everyone's doing it:
Ayu > Mai > Makoto > Sayuri > Nayuki > Shiori
Feb 5, 2009 7:38 PM

May 2008
The kiss scene was a bit weird, but not surprising.
Nayuki = Mai > Ayu > Sayuri > Makoto > Shiori
Feb 10, 2009 10:21 AM

Jan 2009
Aww loved it ^_^ Maybe because I so root for those two, ever since Makoto left my world T_T

Makoto = Ayu > Mai > Nayuki > Shiori & etc ^^
Feb 18, 2009 10:28 PM

May 2008
Faust721 said:
i really like Makoto. I just happen to like Sayuri, Ayu, Mai, and Shiori more

lolz, well aint this the anime for you then.

good episode, i honestly dont really remember all the girls very well so i cant join the tier party... sad.
Apr 18, 2009 10:10 PM

Nov 2007
Nice ending scene <3 the kiss was great wasn't sure whether Nayuki liked Yuuichi or not but it seems yes that came somewhat as a surprise. Great episode This new arc might have to work hard to match the brilliance of the 2 preceding it though ^^"
Apr 24, 2009 8:18 AM

Jan 2009
Liked how they did the kiss, although it was too sudden. Yuuichi must be dumb to not notice that Nayuki is talking about him.

Continuing the trend:
Nayuki > Mai > Shiori > Ayu > Makoto > etc.
Jun 14, 2009 4:23 AM
Apr 2009
Tiers are for queers!

Shiori>Ayu>the rest

I like Ayu, but there was no real buildup to that kiss. And why Nayuki? Aren't they cousins?

And I think Mai kind of fails.

inb4 "youfail".
Jun 25, 2009 9:00 PM

Jun 2009
Bladecatcher said:
Tiers are for queers!

Shiori>Ayu>the rest

I like Ayu, but there was no real buildup to that kiss. And why Nayuki? Aren't they cousins?

And I think Mai kind of fails.

inb4 "youfail".

Queen huh...

Shiori > Mai > the rest > Makoto.

Not that I dislike Makoto that bad, but she's just not as great as the others.

My favorite is Mai. Shiori is the one that I like to meet in real life.

That kiss was pretty random... Not enough build up to it. Nayuki look hardcore in ponytail and headband ^_^
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 10, 2009 7:50 AM
Sep 2009
woot, this is the arc i've been waiting for. i love this ep and i hope it doesn't end badly like makotos and it doesn't end without knowing if she's ok like shioris one.
Dec 22, 2009 2:24 AM

Nov 2009
One of my favourite episodes as it gets Yuuichi and Ayu together...finally!!

Well seeing as how Tiers thing is happening lol and im such a sheep =P

Ayu > Sayuri > Shiori > Makoto > Mai > Nayuki > The rest

Not a Nayuki hater but I struggle to get round the cousin thing lol.
Dec 22, 2009 4:35 AM

Nov 2009
Another great episode..tbh i didnt really expect the ending kiss..i was kinda hoping for a shiori-miracle T_T....
Jan 19, 2010 4:51 PM

Apr 2009
Not bad, although for some reason I missed the kiss at the end. Probably a sign I need more sleep... :P

Plus your all wrong. Arc should be:

Nayuki > Mai > Everyone Else > Makoto (annoying little brat tbh)
Jan 20, 2010 2:50 PM
Mar 2008
I just rewatched the anime with the blu ray version, and I still hate this episode for that lame kiss, which ruined the whole show for me. Like Sunlone said, it had no build up at all, it came out of nowhere.
And my favourite is still Shiori.
Mar 4, 2010 12:30 PM

Jan 2010
ok what the fudge? O.o
ayu x yuuichi???i did NOT see that coming LOL
it's kinda strange if i think of it...

good episode anyway...but the fact that Yuiichi is becoming a harem male character is something i don't like...
I mean he "marries" Makoto in ep 10 and in less than a month he kisses another gir that(dies?) and ONE episode later he kisses ANOTHER girl?wth

I have the feeling...No...i'm positive that there will be some nayuki yuiichi romantic stuff in these last episodes...Incest is the only thing that's missing from this xD

kanon is awesome and a masterpiece until now but it's a little....strange :),so that's why it will not beat clannad in my top list,100% sure
Sayonara,papa!

"Just how a mirror reflects you,people will also reflect your heart."
~Athena Glory,Aria

"Whatever happens,happens"
~Spike Spiegel's thoughts on dying(Cowboy Bebop)
Mar 15, 2010 9:22 AM

Jan 2010
No, seriously, WTF was that kiss ?
Wafu~ !
Apr 8, 2010 12:48 AM

Dec 2008
Yuuichi is such a player

Mai > Shiori > Sayuri > Nayuki I feel like in the middle of a dating sim
Since the beginning I wanted my Ayu arc she's the right girl for him.

And I want Makoto to come back ; (
May 2, 2010 3:11 PM

Mar 2010
Really? A kiss? What the fuck?
That was really out of nowhere. Ayu's relationship with Yuuichi hasn't really unraveled yet to the point where this kiss was actually needed. It was just a spontaneous horny kiss.
Made no sense to me. Hell, Shiori had a better relationship with Yuuichi and all he got was a kiss on the cheek?
Bullshit.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kanon (2006) Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Metty - Jan 30, 2008

63 by metalrain_15 »»
Mar 5, 12:35 AM

Poll: » Kanon (2006) Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Voltlighter - Dec 10, 2007

162 by asbest0sdust »»
Feb 29, 4:21 AM

» Kanon (2006) Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Aokaado - Dec 30, 2006

83 by SailorFairyDxD24 »»
Jan 31, 2:26 PM

» Kanon (2006) Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

kei-clone - Dec 15, 2006

56 by SailorFairyDxD24 »»
Jan 31, 8:18 AM

Poll: » Kanon (2006) Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Metty - Jan 30, 2008

82 by SailorFairyDxD24 »»
Jan 30, 7:06 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.