Forum Settings
Forums
New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Aug 6, 2012 2:45 PM

Aug 2009
Sounds funny! Lol
Aug 6, 2012 3:51 PM

Jul 2010
itsvero said:
Hopefully it's better than School Days.

Why School Days? i mean...this title is nothing like School Days o_O + anything is better than SD.
Aug 6, 2012 5:36 PM
Aug 2011
iLostReason said:
itsvero said:

Why School Days? i mean...this title is nothing like School Days o_O + anything is better than SD.

Aku no Hana, Genres: Romance, School, Shounen,
Psychological

School Days, Genres: Drama, Romance, Harem, Seinen

Yes they aren't the same.

@ My opinion. I rate (as best I can) in terms of primary and secondary genres. (Sometimes third)

School Days: Drama+Harem+(Seinen)

10/Fucking 10
Aug 6, 2012 11:52 PM

Jun 2007
More stupidity lulz, only this time in anime form? Sure thing! Hopefully the US manga releases will have caught-up by the time the anime starts. That way, I'll be pumped for more trolling sociopath girl love triangle daftness.
Aug 6, 2012 11:58 PM

May 2011
Fucked up anime incoming.

Will watch.
Aug 7, 2012 1:18 AM
Manga Moderator
Sleepy

Jul 2009
*facedesk*
Aug 7, 2012 1:58 AM

Nov 2011
That manga's interesting, i'll watch

Aug 7, 2012 11:54 AM

Jul 2012
Oh this. I read the first few chapters and dropped it. I might consider watching the anime adaption though.

And AIYA! School days was...scarring.
Aug 9, 2012 4:52 PM
Sep 2009
iLostReason said:
itsvero said:

I am also very confused about why people are drawing parallels to school days? Or maybe it's just that one review and the poster on this thread read it and assumed that it was a meaningful comparison and now I've heard it from several (two-three) sources so it just feels like "everyone thinks it compares well to school days". I agree with you, it is nothing like school days.

Well anyways. I'm usually happy when I hear that a manga I like is going to get an anime adaptation, but this is an exception. I like the manga but I find it hard to imagine how an anime adaptation could become anything more than annoying. If they stay true to the manga I think it'd be hard for the director and the actors to execute it well, however they do have the mushishi guy/girl on the team so there's always hoping. :)
Beyond deffinition
Aug 9, 2012 6:47 PM

Dec 2011
oh god WHYYYYYY?

This will be the most terrifying adaptation!*in a good way*
Aug 29, 2012 9:13 AM
Jul 2018
Interesting, director has a pretty neat track record with utena and DMC to boot. A good sign very hopefully.
Nov 19, 2012 7:11 PM
Aug 2012
when is the anime coming out? Never thought something this fucked would get an anime. I seriously they keep all the dark shit and weird stuff that happens in the manga as opposed to lightening it like they tend to do with some mangas.
"届どいた....手紙?" - スワ(オレンジ)
Nov 25, 2012 10:58 PM
Aug 2012
Eh, sounds alright I guess. I'll read the manga before hand.
Dec 22, 2012 8:49 PM

Aug 2012
This will be interesting. Very, very interesting.
Dec 27, 2012 2:14 PM

Nov 2012
Awesome can't wait
Just bought the first 3 volumes at barnes & noble too!
Jan 2, 2013 7:05 AM

May 2009
this sounds pretty awful

but if Buck-Tick gets the OP, I'll give it a shot.

(aku no hana is a Buck Tick song. I know they don't get calls from studios unless a show involves vampires, but c'mon)
Jan 12, 2013 8:37 AM
Jul 2010
Inb4 school days reaction mkII
Jan 12, 2013 10:11 AM

Sep 2011
never expected it to be animated, i can't see it animated without being highly offensive see'ing as its messed up on many levels lol.
Jan 12, 2013 12:23 PM

Oct 2012
Hrm, sounds good. =3=
Jan 12, 2013 1:06 PM

Apr 2011
Watching for director...
"I left everything I own in One Piece" ~ Gol D. Roger
Jan 20, 2013 1:24 PM

Dec 2011
Can't fucking wait after reading the reviews. Just really hope they make a faithful adaptation and leave it all the worst happenings in there for our viewing pleasure.

kmfcm said:
this sounds pretty awful

It's kind of cute to see 1 single person in 4 pages saying it sounds awful. Sorry but the rest of humanity likes to watch or read about fucked up shit, it's just in our nature I guess. Go watch fluffykinsshoujo123 anime if ya don't like it!!! ^_^
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 21, 2013 6:53 AM

Feb 2008
The sinopsis of the manga sounds like Onani Master Kurosawa. I wish they would animate that manga too !

Don't talk to me about character development if Kaizuka Inaho or Slaine Troyard are in your favorites.
Feb 3, 2013 11:02 PM

Sep 2009
This is not on the level of Onani Master; Onani Master was a masterpiece about emotional anguish, changing yourself for the better, and atoning for your sins. This is about going crazy and doing whatever the hell you want because fuck the police. Its a 'Corruption of a pure romance novel' indeed.

While a this approach towards developing the plot and its characters is plausible, its not my cup of tea. To each their own i guess. I'll admit, though; it DID keep me interested to see how things would end. I probably wouldn't have continued the second arc if people didn't return to being rational human beings.

LayedBack:
Its nice to know that one cannot express their own opinion without someone telling them to shut up and get the fuck out. His dislike for this series is the same as your dislike for fluffykisshoujo: It turns him off; If you're going to refute the reasons why you believe this genre is better than any other type, at least give some legitimate reasoning for it. Otherwise, you just come off as an ignorant kid that can't handle a little difference in opinion.
Feb 5, 2013 12:20 AM
Dec 2011
My favorite manga will become anime? HELL YEAH, I'll watch this!
Feb 5, 2013 5:05 PM

Dec 2011
MegaBlasta said:
LayedBack:
Its nice to know that one cannot express their own opinion without someone telling them to shut up and get the fuck out. His dislike for this series is the same as your dislike for fluffykisshoujo: It turns him off; If you're going to refute the reasons why you believe this genre is better than any other type, at least give some legitimate reasoning for it. Otherwise, you just come off as an ignorant kid that can't handle a little difference in opinion.

I was merely expressing an observation I made, calm down. If anyone in here is acting like an ignorant kid right now, it would be you. I say this because you assumed three different things that are completely false and and then went on to put words in mouth in an attempt to target me. That's a rather annoying habit that quite frankly no one likes. You should really work on that. Now here is specifically what I'm referring to -

1. I never told him to shut the fuck up and get out. I was basically saying that I thought it was cute that he so matter of fact-ly stated that this anime sounds pretty awful whilst every other person in this thread at the time had a different opinion. If you interpreted my post as a belittlement of another persons' opinion then that would be your own damn problem because it's not what truly went down. To me all I see in my post is an observation coupled with an innocent joke.

2. I don't dislike 'fluffykisshoujo'. That's just another thing you assumed about me. But thank you again for making it so easy for me to point out the flaws in your post. I really hope you're listening and taking notes for your own good, kid.

3. I don't believe the genres associated with Aku no Hana are inherently better than other genres. Therefor I needn't explain why I believe that to be the case, because I don't even fuckin' think that to begin with. I'm starting to wonder if you might be projecting your own beliefs on to me for some sad reason.

Perhaps you should stop trying to read too much in to subtext before you attempt to slander someone. Because uh, ya know what they say don't you? ASS-U-ME, Megablasta.
LayedBackFeb 5, 2013 5:19 PM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 6, 2013 11:53 PM

Apr 2009
VAs announced.

Nakamura: Mariya Ise
Seiko: Youko Hikasa
Kasuga: Shinichiroh Ueda
Feb 7, 2013 1:47 AM

Sep 2012
Amarrez said:
VAs announced.
Nakamura: Mariya Ise
Seiko: Youko Hikasa
Kasuga: Shinichiroh Ueda
Who is Shinichiroh Ueda??

Check....

Found profile : http://sunaoka.com/actor/ueda/

Seems to be very new in seiyuu job, and not yet 20 years old.
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Feb 12, 2013 10:10 AM

May 2009
LayedBack said:
Can't fucking wait after reading the reviews. Just really hope they make a faithful adaptation and leave it all the worst happenings in there for our viewing pleasure.

kmfcm said:
this sounds pretty awful

It's kind of cute to see 1 single person in 4 pages saying it sounds awful. Sorry but the rest of humanity likes to watch or read about fucked up shit, it's just in our nature I guess. Go watch fluffykinsshoujo123 anime if ya don't like it!!! ^_^

HA!

that's not why I thought it sounded awful. I thought it sounded awful because it sounded like it'd be a stupid ecchi type thing. . . .but after so many people telling me how messed up it is, I've been reading the manga, and totally dig it.

So, yes, I shall be watching.
Feb 28, 2013 11:36 PM

Jun 2012
kmfcm said:
LayedBack said:

kmfcm said:
this sounds pretty awful

HA!

that's not why I thought it sounded awful. I thought it sounded awful because it sounded like it'd be a stupid ecchi type thing. . . .but after so many people telling me how messed up it is, I've been reading the manga, and totally dig it.

Its not that messed up lets just call the story complex.
Mar 1, 2013 4:18 AM

Dec 2012
Toanmaru said:
kmfcm said:
LayedBack said:

kmfcm said:
this sounds pretty awful

HA!

Its not that messed up lets just call the story complex.

It is not exactly that complex'd i like the manga but if i were to put it in a sarcastic way: '' It is about teenagers being bored''
Mar 6, 2013 6:21 PM

Jul 2012
Ohhh this manga. I recognized it from the description.
Mar 11, 2013 4:27 AM

Sep 2008
Not sure I'll be able to put up with watching this story animated.
Mar 11, 2013 8:43 AM

Feb 2013
I think I'll watch this. Might read the manga first though if I have the time.
Mar 13, 2013 10:33 AM

Mar 2013
This shizz going supah epic. Well i hope ;__;
Mar 27, 2013 6:41 PM

Apr 2011
Would have never expected this to get an adaptation.

Will most definitely watch.
Mar 27, 2013 7:17 PM
Jul 2012
Looks cool will watch this
Apr 5, 2013 9:46 AM

Jul 2009
Kill it With fire!
I'll pretend this shit never existed much likely tsukihime.
ビビコードバカァ!

Apr 5, 2013 9:53 AM

Sep 2012
Those who once said they care little about character design and only care about the story should go and watch it. They should be able to go through it without any issue.

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Apr 5, 2013 12:01 PM

Sep 2012
symbv said:
Those who once said they care little about character design and only care about the story should go and watch it. They should be able to go through it without any issue.

Sadly character design even matters in a light novel. In a novel it does not. In anime, it matters a lot...
Apr 5, 2013 12:13 PM

Apr 2011
symbv said:

Is it really that horrible? I dropped the manga because I thought the anime would make it better, but I'm having second thoughts now.
Apr 5, 2013 12:15 PM
Jul 2012
yhunata said:
symbv said:

Is it really that horrible? I dropped the manga because I thought the anime would make it better, but I'm having second thoughts now.

Yes it is terrible
Apr 5, 2013 12:16 PM
Jul 2012
Got tricked into thinking this will be good. Thank god I didn't watch it.
Apr 5, 2013 12:18 PM

Mar 2013
Complete garbage.
Apr 5, 2013 12:19 PM

Apr 2011
GoldenBRS said:
yhunata said:
symbv said:

Yes it is terrible

Oh my God, I just checked through the episode discussion thread. What the fuck is this shit? Oh God, I need to some fucking studying if I wanna sleep now. Not even anime can erase this shit from my mind.
Apr 5, 2013 12:19 PM

Sep 2012
yhunata said:
symbv said:
You can check by yourself:
http://i.imgur.com/eyfj78r.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/BpFumNM.jpg

Apr 5, 2013 12:41 PM

Apr 2010
symbv said:

I'm actually seeing some anti moe people really liking how the show looks on places like ANN. They seem to think anything different from normal anime designs is an upgrade, even if its total crap looking.

Apr 5, 2013 12:45 PM

Sep 2012
RyanSaotome said:
symbv said:

I'm actually seeing some anti moe people really liking how the show looks on places like ANN. They seem to think anything different from normal anime designs is an upgrade, even if its total crap looking.

Be careful what you wish for is all I can say... I'll take moe over that any day and in fact, as I'm not loving the Majestic Prince designs either I may perhaps have been fully converted over to moe... what has the world come to, eh?
Apr 5, 2013 12:54 PM

Sep 2012
RyanSaotome said:
symbv said:
Precisely the kind of people I had in mind when I wrote my earlier post. Somehow these people claim they love anime but are against the anime art style, and some even go as far as saying character design counts little for them - which makes me wonder why they watch anime in the first place.

Apr 5, 2013 12:58 PM

Apr 2011
symbv said:
RyanSaotome said:
symbv said:
Precisely the kind of people I had in mind when I wrote my earlier post. Somehow these people claim they love anime but are against the anime art style, and some even go as far as saying character design counts little for them - which makes me wonder why they watch anime in the first place.

That's one of the stupidest thing I've read. People who hate on "moe" artsyle when they "don't care about the artstyle"? Sheesh, can these idiots get any funnier to troll?
Apr 5, 2013 7:01 PM
Jul 2018
I have no problem with realistic character designs; i actually would prefer it over seeing what are supposed to be japanese students with the oh so common green/pink/whatever hair and blue eyes. But this had no business being rotoscoped; it's an awful, tedious relic of a technique that doesn't belong in 2013 anime and since this wasn't an original avant garde anime and based off another's work who trusted the team for this the designs should have been faithful to the manga for both the fans and the mangaka. It was completely needless.

For a brief example by the way, Satoshi Kon's works have realistic looking japanese people in them without the animation being a steaming pile of failure.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

» Manga 'Ninja to Koroshiya no Futarigurashi' Gets Anime

Vindstot - Yesterday

29 by Yui_Suzumiya69 »»
6 minutes ago

» Original Anime Movie 'A New Dawn' Announced for 2025

DatRandomDude - Yesterday

3 by Etherius_ZS »»
2 hours ago

» 'Yuri!!! on Ice: Ice Adolescence' Anime Movie Cancels Production ( 1 2 )

DatRandomDude - Apr 18

97 by Nanaca »»
6 hours ago

» 'Arifureta Shokugyou de Sekai Saikyou' Season 3 Unveils Additional Cast, First Promo

Hyperion_PS - Apr 21

2 by BankaiGoku »»
Apr 22, 11:26 PM

» TAAF 2024 Anime of the Year Winners Announced

Snow - Apr 19

10 by malvarez1 »»
Apr 22, 8:38 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.