Forum Settings
Forums
New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Apr 7, 2013 3:35 AM

Feb 2012
Berzin said:
I have no problem with realistic character designs; i actually would prefer it over seeing what are supposed to be japanese students with the oh so common green/pink/whatever hair and blue eyes. But this had no business being rotoscoped; it's an awful, tedious relic of a technique that doesn't belong in 2013 anime and since this wasn't an original avant garde anime and based off another's work who trusted the team for this the designs should have been faithful to the manga for both the fans and the mangaka. It was completely needless.

For a brief example by the way, Satoshi Kon's works have realistic looking japanese people in them without the animation being a steaming pile of failure.

I hope you know, that the mangaka likes this animation style.
In 9/10 cases, the worst thing about an anime is its fandom.
Apr 9, 2013 6:27 AM
Jul 2012
I think that the mangaka tweeted that he had not seen the character designs before it aired, but please to watch it. And after it aired, he deleted his twitter.
Could have the impression that the author was just getting harassed. But I'm getting the impression that the author was appalled and ashamed, not happy.
Apr 9, 2013 6:36 AM

Apr 2013
PlumJuice said:
I think that the mangaka tweeted that he had not seen the character designs before it aired, but please to watch it. And after it aired, he deleted his twitter.
Could have the impression that the author was just getting harassed. But I'm getting the impression that the author was appalled and ashamed, not happy.

Wow... That sounds bad. Deleted his twitter right after it aired? It doesn't sound well. I need to say, The anime doesn't look completly like anime from the photos I seen. It just looks... like... 25% anime and the other half. Idk.
Apr 9, 2013 4:44 PM

Oct 2007
It's hard to say it's even anime, more like deformed, retarded, aborted product of anime x live action failed romance.
It takes live action's 30-40yo actors and turns them into some bizzare low-budget-no-skill thing resembling anime.
Apr 9, 2013 7:41 PM

Nov 2010
PlumJuice said:
Could have the impression that the author was just getting harassed.

Harassment through Twitter is more likely, as in the case of Eri Kitamura (I think some Japanese are not known for taking criticism easily, because of their face-saving nature). I mean, it's terrible if you wake up one morning and discover that a bazillion tons of hate tweets and even death threats are dumped on you.
I play, the haters lose.
Jun 21, 2013 6:34 PM

Oct 2010
I like my fair of experimental anime, and this is not to say that I don't respect people opinion on the show, but what makes the show look so ugly to some people?

Is it because the characters don't look exactly how they do in the manga?

Is it because it's rotoscoped or the way it's rotoscoped?

Is it because the character design don't have a moe-ish look or feel anime like?

Or all the above?

While I can't blame people for not liking the design because it is experimental and it suppose to push the boundaries a little, but I never would have thought that people would have so much strong feelings on the design. I personally think the rotoscope looks better than the MANGA!!!!!!!!

While I haven't read that much of the manga, but I can say that artwork is not a strong point of manga. When I think of bad anime design I think ...
Dead Leaves (Great Movie)
Voltage Fighter Gowcaizer
Fatal Fury:Motion Picture
Kakugo no Susume
Baki the Grappler
Koi Kaze
And etc. I think that the rotoscope in the show is not just a breath of fresh, but rotoscoping fits the mood of the show, it gives the show a realistic look, it give off realistic movement, the way dialogue sound and rotoscoping really make it feel like I'm looking a real Japanese setting unlike some anime, the background are hand down beautiful, and some scene looks incredible rotoscoped.

The two things I sometimes don't like about the show is the main character and the pace of the story.

I'm not bashing anybody, but really want to know why people don't like the show or the artwork so much?
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 21, 2013 10:30 PM

Sep 2012
Royce said:
I'm not bashing anybody, but really want to know why people don't like the show or the artwork so much?
I would advise you ask these questions in the Anime Series Board for the show as this thread is more about the news of the anime adaptation not how the show fares or is viewed now that it is on show. You can start a new thread there or use an existing one. Just check: http://myanimelist.net/forum/?animeid=16201
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Jun 25, 2013 7:47 AM

Mar 2012
Windex said:
The linkin park manga is getting an anime? Can't wait for kids to claim this as AOTY.
I cannot even begin to tell you just how accurate this quote at the beginning of the thread has become
Aug 3, 2013 3:16 AM

Dec 2012
SaberRitsu said:
Windex said:
The linkin park manga is getting an anime? Can't wait for kids to claim this as AOTY.
I cannot even begin to tell you just how accurate this quote at the beginning of the thread has become

It was a pretty genius comparison at the time. The anime proved itself to be a lot better than the source material though.
I am important. I have a girlfriend. Check out my podcast
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

» Manga 'Ninja to Koroshiya no Futarigurashi' Gets Anime

Vindstot - Today

21 by VanishingKira »»
3 hours ago

» 'Yuri!!! on Ice: Ice Adolescence' Anime Movie Cancels Production ( 1 2 )

DatRandomDude - Apr 18

95 by RobertBobert »»
6 hours ago

» 'Arifureta Shokugyou de Sekai Saikyou' Season 3 Unveils Additional Cast, First Promo

Hyperion_PS - Apr 21

2 by BankaiGoku »»
Yesterday, 11:26 PM

» TAAF 2024 Anime of the Year Winners Announced

Snow - Apr 19

10 by malvarez1 »»
Yesterday, 8:38 PM

» Netflix Announces 'Garouden: The Way of the Lone Wolf' Anime for May 2024

Hyperion_PS - Apr 21

10 by malvarez1 »»
Yesterday, 8:37 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.