Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 9, 2008 8:11 PM

Jan 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Tall, thin bunnies in a flying tram? Wow....
Dec 6, 2008 4:34 PM

Jan 2008
Reminded me a bit of the Nekobus in Totoro.
Jul 31, 2009 7:26 PM

Jun 2008
Yeah, and they went back to their own planet I guess. :/
Apr 23, 2010 2:07 PM

May 2008
They went back to the moon to make some mochi :D

Join my club: The Walking Dead
May 10, 2010 5:47 AM

Jan 2010
is this supposed to make any sense? O.o xD

4/5,i liked the music :)
Sayonara,papa!

"Just how a mirror reflects you,people will also reflect your heart."
~Athena Glory,Aria

"Whatever happens,happens"
~Spike Spiegel's thoughts on dying(Cowboy Bebop)
Oct 24, 2010 10:32 AM

Apr 2009
gomu_ninguen said:
They went back to the moon to make some mochi :D

Hooray for Japanese folklore! :D And they travel using that flying tram, or maybe they use their own version of the Shinkansen this days. LOL.

clannad4ever said:
is this supposed to make any sense? O.o xD

4/5,i liked the music :)

IMHO it doesn't have to. Me, I just enjoy the show I guess.
You see there's no need to wonder where your god is,
Coz he's right here! ...and he's fresh out of mercy.
Jun 26, 2011 3:48 PM
Oct 2010
._.
Aug 21, 2011 10:39 PM

Jun 2011
LOL!!!!!
Tortov Roddle's life is so interesting. Why can't I be him?
Also why are there only 2 other episodes after this one? This would've made a great series as long as chi's sweet home and such. i'm guessing such detailed animation gets in the way of that. Never the less I love this shit!
Jul 9, 2013 3:19 AM

Jan 2012
So... Is this episode a symbolism for death? I know the relation between bunnies and the moon, but the flying tram scene kind of reminded me of a death scene I have seen in a movie. In addition, you can see a shooting star right before the takeoff, which usually symbolises good luck and changes, but sometimes is considered to be a sign of death. When you first look at the tram it is empty (even though the bunny people are already inside it), but when it is bathed in moonlight, you can actually see them looking back at Tortov Roddle. And then you see the departure. The tram turns clockwise and files towards the moon, while Tortov Roddle witnesses the whole scene in awe (i think the clockwork turn is related to fate). After the takeoff of the tram you can see Tortov Roddle just standing there, looking at the moon and next to him there is a small plant sprouting, which can symbolise the start of a new life. I don't really know what the meaning of this episode is, I'm just guessing. One thing I can say for sure, the whole experience was magic! I loved it!
mistressofdecayJul 9, 2013 3:53 AM
Mar 8, 2014 1:03 AM

Aug 2012
mistressofdecay said:
So... Is this episode a symbolism for death? I know the relation between bunnies and the moon, but the flying tram scene kind of reminded me of a death scene I have seen in a movie. In addition, you can see a shooting star right before the takeoff, which usually symbolises good luck and changes, but sometimes is considered to be a sign of death. When you first look at the tram it is empty (even though the bunny people are already inside it), but when it is bathed in moonlight, you can actually see them looking back at Tortov Roddle. And then you see the departure. The tram turns clockwise and files towards the moon, while Tortov Roddle witnesses the whole scene in awe (i think the clockwork turn is related to fate). After the takeoff of the tram you can see Tortov Roddle just standing there, looking at the moon and next to him there is a small plant sprouting, which can symbolise the start of a new life. I don't really know what the meaning of this episode is, I'm just guessing. One thing I can say for sure, the whole experience was magic! I loved it!

Yeah, I interpreted it as allegory for death than just a dipping into folklore as well. Regardless though, it's by far my favorite installment so far.
Apr 21, 2016 12:25 PM

Jan 2016
how-do-you-do-bruh
Aug 9, 2016 6:38 PM

May 2012
Loved this one, had a very mystical feeling over it :3
Aug 8, 2018 2:32 AM

Jul 2017
mistressofdecay said:

That's a great analysis. I don't know about death, but there's definitely something about a new life/change. It was definitely another eerie one, and of course related to the idea of rabbits on the moon. You have me thinking about this series as a whole now and how Tortov connects with the people/places he visits as a constant outsider.
Jan 8, 2022 7:00 AM

Oct 2018
Got chills at the end with the way the music was used as Tortov looks in awe at the tram.
Mar 2, 2022 6:00 AM

Feb 2020
Yet another weird episode.
Jan 21, 2023 4:09 AM

Dec 2020
mistressofdecay said:

Thank you for sharing your analysis! Need to think more about the death part but the sapling = new life/journey makes sense. 

More topics from this board

Poll: » Diary of Tortov Roddle Episode 6 Discussion

aero - Oct 9, 2008

35 by troilus_05s »»
Jan 21, 2023 4:27 AM

Poll: » Diary of Tortov Roddle Episode 5 Discussion

aero - Oct 9, 2008

19 by troilus_05s »»
Jan 21, 2023 4:15 AM

Poll: » Diary of Tortov Roddle Episode 3 Discussion

aero - Oct 9, 2008

16 by troilus_05s »»
Jan 21, 2023 4:01 AM

Poll: » Diary of Tortov Roddle Episode 2 Discussion

aero - Oct 9, 2008

14 by troilus_05s »»
Jan 21, 2023 3:56 AM

Poll: » Diary of Tortov Roddle Episode 1 Discussion

aero - Oct 9, 2008

18 by troilus_05s »»
Jan 21, 2023 3:51 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.