Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (9) « First ... « 7 8 [9]
Feb 25, 2017 1:13 AM
Nov 2014
I feel emotionally violated
May 27, 2017 11:21 AM

Feb 2015
Didn't like the forced drama and I would've been surprised if Iori had actually died there. But the way they handled it all was pretty good.
Jun 7, 2017 7:14 PM

Sep 2013
Great episode until the cop-out, reset-button ending. The writer wussed out.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.
Jun 11, 2017 4:54 AM

Jan 2010
Holly couch this was nuts :o
that's one hell of a trick seed dude planted on them and the creators of this on us ...

one of the best episodes i've seen in quite a while! and it's only episode 5 :D

5/5
Sayonara,papa!

"Just how a mirror reflects you,people will also reflect your heart."
~Athena Glory,Aria

"Whatever happens,happens"
~Spike Spiegel's thoughts on dying(Cowboy Bebop)
Jun 29, 2017 11:21 AM

Dec 2015
Even I thought Heartseed would kill the one that was chosen, it was a good episode.

The way Gossan keeps getting used by Heartseed tho xD
"At some point, I stopped hoping."
Aug 2, 2017 7:57 AM

Jul 2015
After a nice starting scene with Aoki confessing to Yui, who rejects him... for now, Iori's worst fear happens: she fakes that Inaban switched bodies with her and asks Taichi how he feels about Iori, and... the real Inaba appears.

In the last episode, Taichi assured Iori that he would know who she is despite switching bodies, but once she faked her personality for Inaban's once he totally failed to do so, that's a huge blow for Iori and a reminder that "kindness can hurt people too", like Inaban said.

After getting the deserved punch from Inaba, Taichi goes after her until, in a beautiful scene on a bridge, he convinces her that all her multiple ways to be and think are just all that makes Iori Nagase be Iori Nagase, that actually makes a lot of sense and she understands it.

Taichi finally confesses his feelings to her, and everything looked like leading to a happy ending... until Fusen Kazura/Heartseed appeared again, this time using Iori's body, and does nothing else but making her jump to the river. Hey, at least that being is kind enough to give Iori's phone to Taichi so it doesn't break, it's something.

That leads go the final scene of the body switching arc, Fuzen Kazura tells them that they have 30 minutes left before deciding who dies together with Iori's body, Taichi offers to sacrifice himself but they don't allow it, deciding that Iori will die, after switching with the others to give a final goodbye, Iori kisses Taichi using Inaba's body (that first kiss lol).

And when her dead was seemed to be confirmed... tadah! What a bait, Fusen Kazura had this planned and it was a test to see what they would do, "I would never hurt a good person, that's why I gave you her phone", this being is awesome.

And thanks to all the body switches that happened, now our main groups knows so much more about the others, growing closer to them, beautiful conclusion to this arc, but there is still so much more to come, Inaba knowing about the kiss using her body included.
Sep 8, 2017 8:50 PM
Jul 2017
This episode was playing alot with my emotions XD ;__; First i got so happy then sad then almost depressed. AND OUT OF NOWHERE IM HAPPY! :_: c: i love this ep
Kokoro Connect <3
Dec 17, 2017 2:57 PM

Aug 2013
Instant Heart attack.
One of the best episodes which I've seen for a (very long) while. Wow.
Dub = fake crap. Always.
Apr 11, 2018 2:33 AM

May 2016
Wow this was a great episode I definitely thought she was going to die but damn Inaba is now alone shit.
Apr 20, 2018 6:33 PM

Jan 2018
Well I definitely thought she was gonna die. Not sure where the story is gonna go from here since it basically reset at the end.
May 9, 2018 11:37 AM

Mar 2018
Damn, that farewell scene was almost as heartwrenching as the one in Dusk Maiden of Amnesia! (No spoilers.) Well, almost, since I didn't really think they would let Iori die. Still a very effective scene. The kiss was very sweet. I love Iori. :) I give the episode 5/5.

uni said:
I gained a lot of respect for Fujishima this episode too, that was very mature of her letting Taichi run after Iori after she realized she wasn't the one who could comfort Iori.

Very good point. I agree. Fujishima seemed evil at first, but she is actually good. :)
Aug 14, 2018 3:31 PM

Oct 2012
Aaah, the feelz! They are being played and we are too. Normally, it would be really emotional and sad if she died but by forcing them act like she would and then let her survive, it brought even more emotions. It was really intense episode, with a lot of character developement, and I love it!

This series is slowly becoming something out of ordinary, and its character dynamics is one of the best I have seen in anime lately.
Nov 30, 2018 7:55 PM

Nov 2016
Troll ending was obvious, but still very emotional.

Such an experience has tightened their bonds and especially this episode had some genuinely touching moments.

Great stuff.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Dec 20, 2018 8:42 AM

Oct 2013
on one hand...
>killing Iori of all characters, fuck that
>very practical swerve, even if predictable
on the other...
>killing a major character would completely change the tone of the series, would raise the stakes considerably, and would be incredibly interesting to watch unfold

I'm conflicted but honestly feel that despite how much I'd hate to see Iori go, the potential for show direction is so grand I feel like I'm missing out on it. Heartseed's swerve is practical, though, so I can accept it; I mean, nothing levels up a relationship like a near-death experience.

Admittedly, Kokoro Connect just doesn't feel like the sort of series that'd commit to a major character death, anyway, which is why this result was predictable. I feel like most shows either pussy out at the last minute or kill off so many characters there's no investment them anymore.

At least Iori and Taichi's relationship is developing.

Discord: the.path.to.pathos
RateYourMusic
last.fm
May 30, 2020 10:09 AM

Aug 2014
omg that was the most shocking episode in anime or maybe even movie I ever watched :O so many different emotions came through my mind! I totally dislike that "thing", but the episode was 11/10 ! I hope anime won't go downside so I can maybe 10/10 it!
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ ちゅっ ちゅっ キス (´。✪ω✪。`)

I hate it when anime/manga that I enjoyed ends, especially when there could be much longer plot and when I love main heroine :P

I wish I had magic glasses that let me see real world in anime colors ;)
Jul 8, 2020 8:38 PM

Aug 2019
huh. that was. ok. Kinda expected the outcome of the first part due to how it was setup, I always doubted Taichi was going to be able to keep that promise and everything felt a little to perfectly timed. Iori played him good there. But the bridge scene did catch my by surprise no doubt, Taichi right after giving Iori the question gets cocked blocked hard lmao, heartseed really wanna be playing with people hard.
Ahhhh Taichi did the absolute text book classic when they had to choose, doing the old "i volunteer myself as tribute!" jumped to conclusions faster then my ex when she saw me like another chicks pic.
All in all that last part just had me even more confused, so what Heartseed isn't actually a bad guy who likes to fuck around with people by swapping their minds and killing people? Instead hes a massive dick who likes to expose peoples secrets/privacy to force a fix/change to them? By fucking around with them and swapping their minds.
only episode 5 and i genuinely thought it was the last episode. huh, so wtf is gonna happen for the next 8 eps? Taichi's harem?
Nov 15, 2020 4:54 AM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
Damn I was so shocked by such a turn of events that I actually got kind of scared when considering that they might actually have the balls to actually kill of one of their characters.

I’m just surprised that these kids took it surprisingly well afterward and weren’t really that angry at the dude that just performed a brutal psychological experiment on them

NYANPASU
5700XT

Nov 21, 2020 9:40 AM

Jun 2017
Can a selfless person really sacrifice theirself ??

They had us in the first half no kidding.My own kokoro beat made a steep rise.
Still not sure if they have their own personalities intact especially Iori after the incident .Maybe an essence was taken away or some poured in through the experiment and all the consequences surrounding the confession would come to naught.
The wicked "ghost" or whatever his motive might be is still shrouded in mystery.

Taichi is too young to have such strong grasp over DID's and perfect ans to every one of them for the given circumstance .The push by Inaba led to breakaway from his altruism for the first time through conveying of his feelings to Iori.Pretty selfish haa Taichi haha.Iori and Tai. are perfect yin and ying for each other.Wonder whatever his own trauma might have been which affected him as such.Hope the anime dvelved into it too.
All in all 10/10.
Edit :- rewatching it after 4 years ,it's amusing the present me facepalming reading this comment.
Props to Taichi .He has set his mental point of origin on the well being of others.
bakakisimaFeb 29, 12:03 PM
Apr 15, 2021 10:42 PM
EOussama

Dec 2016
Bastard got us good, that was so anti-climactic, this show is losing points.
May 17, 2021 12:15 PM
Feb 2021
What Was This episode....what
Damn but i knew she would't die as this anime is 13ep lol

Still had me,would have had me far greater if it was last second eppisode or seomthing but damn,played well with us
Dec 2, 2021 6:13 AM

Dec 2019
It's not like I actually wanted her to be killed off, it's just that I hate it when they 'die but doesn't die' trope. It's getting kinda old in anime IMO, It would have added a nice tragic spin to it of she actually did die
Dec 27, 2021 8:46 PM

Dec 2020
FUCKIN ASSHOLEEEEEE PLAYED WITH MY POOR TINY HEART THAT WAS AWFUL
May 5, 2022 6:01 AM

Aug 2021
[REWATCH]
Love this episode so much, the dynamic between their friendship is beautiful. Although Heartseed be do a little trolling, Nagase (near) death still has me as emotional as the first time I saw. One of the best school themed anime ever
Jan 19, 2023 9:30 AM

Sep 2017
ugh so cheap.

But this preclude tho to something more sinister. be careful dont trust

Without change,we end up becoming the very person we hate.

I was dead until the moment I met you. I was a powerless corpse pretending to be alive. Living without power, without the ability to change my course, was bound to lead me to a slow death.

Mar 29, 2023 7:27 AM
Jun 2020
okay i did not expect that. what a twist.
Jul 17, 2023 6:47 PM

Dec 2022
Very good episode
Oct 20, 2023 2:45 PM

Jul 2015
Fuck dude that scared the sh*t out of me, burning with fury for that psychopath rn
Have a healthy, happy, day of hilarity!

[font="\"Helvetica Neue\", Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif"]I'm level on MAL-Badges. View my badges.[/font]

Nov 27, 2023 4:58 PM

Aug 2023
I'm not a big fan of Taichi, which is unfortunate because the show places some major focus on him. I don't see a lot with him, and I don't really know why it feels like the group revolved around him, and I wished they focused more on Yui, and Aoki, who constantly feel like their pushed to the side. I do enjoy some of the others and watching them interact but I wished it would focus more on the group then on him. Also I don't know why this show needs to have all the girls have tragic backstories.
Heartseed confusing. I hope they provide clear motivation later.
I did enjoy watching the characters say bye to Nagase. I enjoyed the emotions there, and I will say overall pretty heart felt.
I suppose I did enjoy this episode overall, and Inaba is always fun to watch for me.
Feb 6, 2:20 PM

Jun 2021
better than the previous episode, obvious non-death obviously didn't happen (even if the bridge scene still was intense) and that guy is... impossible to see through. Weirdest "first kiss" seen since a long time considering the fact that somehow three people were involved.

Pages (9) « First ... « 7 8 [9]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kokoro Connect Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 8, 2012

369 by bakakisima »»
Mar 9, 12:47 PM

Poll: » Kokoro Connect Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Aug 25, 2012

212 by bakakisima »»
Mar 9, 11:20 AM

Poll: » Kokoro Connect Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jul 21, 2012

230 by Niveen_Sleem »»
Mar 2, 10:01 AM

Poll: » Kokoro Connect Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 29, 2012

335 by _untitled »»
Feb 19, 8:00 AM

Poll: » Kokoro Connect Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Sep 22, 2012

193 by _untitled »»
Feb 19, 3:02 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.