MyAnimeList.net

Manga Information
Forums

Recent Posts | My Watched Topics | My Ignored Topics | Search

"The Thousand-Year Blood War" Bleach's Last arc, Early Spoilers (Omake + Interview)
MyAnimeList.net Forum »» Manga Discussion »» Series Discussion »» Bleach »» "The Thousand-Year Blood War" Bleach's Last arc, Early Spoilers (Omake + Interview)

Pages (2) [1] 2 »
08-04-12, 7:28 AM

Bleach's last arc started a couple of months ago, and from what have been mentioned in a teaser in WSJ it might last even longer than the Arrancar arc, so probably around 5-6 years. An Omake was published in WSJ before the arc started that contains spoilers about what Bleach's last arc content is and some other stuff, here it is:

Gotei 13 Repeat & Reboot Vol.1 1 2 3

Gotei 13 Repeat & Reboot Vol.2 1 2 3

Gotei 13 Repeat & Reboot Vol.3 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

(Credit to Estella May, czeliate and Bad Example from Bleach Asylum for these scans)

What's written in there is summarized in this page. But I'm gonna write the highlights here:

So what do you guys think?

Edit:

I read the Omake again and corrected some stuff, the info there are more accurate than the Bleach wiki, since they're formed as an interview in the Omake, questions and answers.
Modified by Candor, 03-14-13, 3:27 PM
<-- Derailer

08-04-12, 8:00 AM

I think he should start putting more contents in his chapters and stop trying so hard to milk money, if this arc is really as big as you say then he should start trying a bit more because I don't like reading 5 chapters just to feel like I've only read one, especially with all the breaks he's taking. Seriously bleach is gonna have more chapters than one piece at this rate.

08-04-12, 12:36 PM

Shaduge said:
I think he should start putting more contents in his chapters and stop trying so hard to milk money, if this arc is really as big as you say then he should start trying a bit more because I don't like reading 5 chapters just to feel like I've only read one, especially with all the breaks he's taking. Seriously bleach is gonna have more chapters than one piece at this rate.
Well he milked enough money during the Arrancar arc, now he should either try harder or Bleach will reach its end, but till now he's doing a good job imo, the rankings are getting better too. This week the break was because he was sick btw, next week it's because there's no Jump issue, it'll be back on the 15th of August. From the way it's going we'll probably see some new interesting things soon, well I hope so.
<-- Derailer

08-04-12, 7:06 PM

Rangiku's past? Hmm I'm curious as to how that will be a big deal. o.o

08-04-12, 7:53 PM

Obviously,none of the bankai reveals will happen in round 1 of shinigamis vs quincies,unless someone like Ichigo & can't have their bankai stolen (And if there is someone like Ichigo,it's obviously only Kenpachi since it probably have something to do with their zanpaktous are always in their shinkai state).

I happy to now that some big mysteries are gonna be answered & we finally get to see the royal guard,that would imply we might get to see the Soul King & learn more about him.

But obviously,Kubo is gonna take that chance to introduce a bunch of new characters.Hopefully before that,Kubo takes the time to give old characters more screen time &/or development,if they haven't got enough of either.
After that,he should do something to take them out of the picture in the proper way (no Kon-ing characters) & make room from new characters.Cripple some,make some use up their & write them out,& most importantly:KILL SOME FUCKING GOOD CHARACTERS OFF.
My Devianart

Oh & Space Brothers is still the best anime ever,in my opinion.Even when competing with Attack on Titan.

08-05-12, 1:05 AM

Shiznat said:
Lots of pasts are gonna be revealed in this arc, but yea that statement really is interesting.

Jeddy017 said:
Obviously,none of the bankai reveals will happen in round 1 of shinigamis vs quincies,unless someone like Ichigo & can't have their bankai stolen (And if there is someone like Ichigo,it's obviously only Kenpachi since it probably have something to do with their zanpaktous are always in their shinkai state).

I happy to now that some big mysteries are gonna be answered & we finally get to see the royal guard,that would imply we might get to see the Soul King & learn more about him.

But obviously,Kubo is gonna take that chance to introduce a bunch of new characters.Hopefully before that,Kubo takes the time to give old characters more screen time &/or development,if they haven't got enough of either.
After that,he should do something to take them out of the picture in the proper way (no Kon-ing characters) & make room from new characters.Cripple some,make some use up their & write them out,& most importantly:KILL SOME FUCKING GOOD CHARACTERS OFF.
Yes what's going on is like only an introduction arc at the end of it we'll probably see some interesting stuff and some plot-twists. About Kenpachi, there is something special about him, some rumors are going that even Aizen was afraid of facing him, that's why he left to Karakura while Kenpachi was in HM (or Aizen brought him to HM somehow), it's just a theory though, but Kubo likes teasing and throwing secrets so we'll see if that's true or not in this arc. The Soul King will also be introduced. (forgot to write it in the highlights)

The cast is gonna get bigger again, but I'm wondering, when the RGs appear, are SS gonna be useless? or they'll get some huge power-ups, but I think they'll get their share of battles in this arc, we'll probably see a decent amount of drama from them, since lots of pasts are gonna be revealed. Things would be more interesting and dramatic in the anime, especially the deaths, so I'm hoping it'll come back next year.
<-- Derailer

08-05-12, 6:53 PM

Candor said:
Shiznat said:
Lots of pasts are gonna be revealed in this arc, but yea that statement really is interesting.

A lot of people think Rangiku is the reincarnation of ichi's mother :/

I'm not sure if i see that...but it would be a HUGE shock if it comes to fruition.

It's just the statement said her past would be ''key to the story'' so I'm racking my brain trying to come up with theories.

08-06-12, 6:23 AM

Shiznat said:
Candor said:
Shiznat said:

I'm not sure if i see that...but it would be a HUGE shock if it comes to fruition.

It's just the statement said her past would be ''key to the story'' so I'm racking my brain trying to come up with theories.
That's a really interesting theory, but you should consider that 100 years ago Rangiku was in Soul Society as a young girl, Ichigo's mother, Masaki, supposedly died about 10 years ago, that's one thing, the other thing is that reincarnation is called when someone goes from SS to the real world, when someone dies and goes to soul society his memories remains, and is called a soul. Till now we don't know what Masaki was, a Shinigami? a royal family member? a royal guard? a Quincy? a Fullbringer? an Arrancar? It'd be nice if Kubo made that theory reality. They might also have some connection, sisters? They do look the same after-all.

Either way, Kurosaki Isshin knows something (or everything), his knowledge and his past are the key to solve almost every single mystery in Bleach.
Modified by Candor, 08-06-12, 8:09 AM
<-- Derailer

08-06-12, 6:36 PM

Candor said:
Shiznat said:
Candor said:
Shiznat said:

That's a really interesting theory, but you should consider that 100 years ago Rangiku was in Soul Society as a young girl, Ichigo's mother, Masaki, supposedly died about 10 years ago, that's one thing, the other thing is that reincarnation is called when someone goes from SS to the real world, when someone dies and goes to soul society his memories remains, and is called a soul. Till now we don't know what Masaki was, a Shinigami? a royal family member? a royal guard? a Quincy? a Fullbringer? an Arrancar? It'd be nice if Kubo made that theory reality. They might also have some connection, sisters? They do look the same after-all.

Either way, Kurosaki Isshin knows something (or everything), his knowledge and his past are the key to solve almost every single mystery in Bleach.

Yeah I with you on that. Some say that 'kurosaki'' is just an alias. This has a lot of foundation considering everyone in the soul society knows about ''Ichigo Kurosaki'', but ''Isshin Kurosaki'' was a soul reaper in SS. We can only assume that because of his robes, but yet no one has made that connection with the last name....?

08-06-12, 7:00 PM

Shiznat said:
Candor said:
Shiznat said:
Candor said:
Shiznat said:

Yeah I with you on that. Some say that 'kurosaki'' is just an alias. This has a lot of foundation considering everyone in the soul society knows about ''Ichigo Kurosaki'', but ''Isshin Kurosaki'' was a soul reaper in SS. We can only assume that because of his robes, but yet no one has made that connection with the last name....?
So "Kurosaki" is the same as "Kenpachi"? Just a term that stands for something? This makes sense actually, Ichigo and Zaraki have some common stuff between them, the main 2 similarities are that they get stronger at a frightening speed and their Katana are always in Shikai form. I guess that's what's called a war potential then, so if Ichigo is one, then Zaraki Kenpachi is also one of the 5 war potentials (I wonder who the rest are?), that's what I've been thinking for a while now. The theory of Aizen being frightened of facing Zaraki in the Arrancar arc is the same as the Quincy afraid of facing Ichigo now, so these explanations could fit perfectly, I think Kubo would probably pull something like that.
<-- Derailer

08-06-12, 7:15 PM

Candor said:
Shiznat said:
Candor said:
Shiznat said:
Candor said:
Shiznat said:

So "Kurosaki" is the same as "Kenpachi"? Just a term that stands for something? This makes sense actually, Ichigo and Zaraki have some common stuff between them, the main 2 similarities are that they get stronger at a frightening speed and their Katana are always in Shikai form. I guess that's what's called a war potential then, so if Ichigo is one, then Zaraki Kenpachi is also one of the 5 war potentials (I wonder who the rest are?), that's what I've been thinking for a while now. The theory of Aizen being frightened of facing Zaraki in the Arrancar arc is the same as the Quincy afraid of facing Ichigo now, so these explanations could fit perfectly, I think Kubo would probably pull something like that.

Yeah i get what your saying...

What do you think about Kisuke? o.o I find that he cant be trusted completely.

08-07-12, 2:26 PM

Shiznat said:

I used to think ill of this guy, yes he's hiding something, he's sly, but I don't think he's dangerous, nor he'll turn to a villain. It'd be too obvious, actually I think that's what Kubo want us to believe. I can't really think of what this guy is thinking, I don't think Kubo gave enough hints to figure out what he's planning to do.

While speaking of Urahara, Karin comes to mind. Karin will probably play a role in this arc, Kubo foreshadowed it. My guess would be that she'll turn into a Shinigami.
<-- Derailer

08-07-12, 8:37 PM

Candor said:
Shiznat said:

I used to think ill of this guy, yes he's hiding something, he's sly, but I don't think he's dangerous, nor he'll turn to a villain. It'd be too obvious, actually I think that's what Kubo want us to believe. I can't really think of what this guy is thinking, I don't think Kubo gave enough hints to figure out what he's planning to do.

While speaking of Urahara, Karin comes to mind. Karin will probably play a role in this arc, Kubo foreshadowed it. My guess would be that she'll turn into a Shinigami.

Woah?! Karin? That would be awesome!! ^^

I mean...but she doesn't like seeing spirits at all :/

08-08-12, 1:37 AM

Shiznat said:
Candor said:
Shiznat said:

Woah?! Karin? That would be awesome!! ^^

I mean...but she doesn't like seeing spirits at all :/

It's just a theory anyway, she might play a some role, or she might not even appear again. It's just that I think Kubo gave her more screen time in the FB arc than she deserves as a minor character. He might've gave her more screen time also just to make Ginjo piss Ichigo more (by saying your sister is going to Urahara Kisuke), that's another possibility, if that was it then she'll probably not appear again. Anyway let's wait and see for ourselves.
<-- Derailer

08-08-12, 3:05 AM

Lots of interesting stuff seem to be coming up. Lots of potential for the story. Kubo Tite just needs to reach it(and not drag it out).

08-08-12, 6:29 AM

So... Are we ever gonna learn about Jinta and Ururu? Or did I completely miss that? Also, what's the deal with Ururu going into hyper mode and being able to beat up Arrancars?

08-08-12, 7:02 AM

Godofnerdiness said:
So... Are we ever gonna learn about Jinta and Ururu? Or did I completely miss that? Also, what's the deal with Ururu going into hyper mode and being able to beat up Arrancars?
I remember they mentioned at some point that Urahara found them, took them in and started taking care of them, but I don't really remember where exactly, or I've mixed things up, since I can't find any source for it on the internet. I also don't remember anything was mentioned about their identity and what they are, but what we know is that they're probably humans, since they grew up after the time-skip. Hopefully we'll learn more about them in this arc also.
Modified by Candor, 08-08-12, 7:10 AM
<-- Derailer

08-10-12, 8:14 AM

Shiznat said:
Some say that 'kurosaki'' is just an alias. This has a lot of foundation considering everyone in the soul society knows about ''Ichigo Kurosaki'', but ''Isshin Kurosaki'' was a soul reaper in SS. We can only assume that because of his robes, but yet no one has made that connection with the last name....?

Candor said:

I agree that Kurosaki is probably an alias, but its a bonafide common Japanese surname. It means "black cove" as in the geographical feature along a coastline. It might be symbolic, indicating that Isshin has a darker or hidden nature. And that easily fits since we don't know much of anything about him as a character.

Kenpachi is a title and it translates as something like "Eight Swords." It could be an indication of how much stronger Zaraki is compared to everyone else (his one sword equals eight of everyone else's). It might also be an indication of how many different evolved forms he has - all the other captains have three (unreleased, shikai, bankai), but maybe he's got eight. Who knows what any of them are like though, since all we've seen is his shikai.

08-10-12, 4:29 PM

kurosaki_suika said:
Shiznat said:
Some say that 'kurosaki'' is just an alias. This has a lot of foundation considering everyone in the soul society knows about ''Ichigo Kurosaki'', but ''Isshin Kurosaki'' was a soul reaper in SS. We can only assume that because of his robes, but yet no one has made that connection with the last name....?

Candor said:

I agree that Kurosaki is probably an alias, but its a bonafide common Japanese surname. It means "black cove" as in the geographical feature along a coastline. It might be symbolic, indicating that Isshin has a darker or hidden nature. And that easily fits since we don't know much of anything about him as a character.

Kenpachi is a title and it translates as something like "Eight Swords." It could be an indication of how much stronger Zaraki is compared to everyone else (his one sword equals eight of everyone else's). It might also be an indication of how many different evolved forms he has - all the other captains have three (unreleased, shikai, bankai), but maybe he's got eight. Who knows what any of them are like though, since all we've seen is his shikai.
From what I know Kuro=Black, Saki=Destination or goal or something like that, but it might be a title like Kenpachi's. But a darker or hidden nature, could he be the one who attacked Urahara? Well we know nothing about him other than the stupid dad he is, and that he might know everything.

There are lots of mysteries that needs to be revealed, I hope some of Kenpachi's are gonna be revealed when he fight that guy in the next couple of chapters.
<-- Derailer

08-10-12, 8:57 PM

Candor said:
Saki=Destination or goal or something like that

It depends on the kanji you use to write it. The kanji used for the surname means cove, or peninsula.

Candor said:
But a darker or hidden nature, could he be the one who attacked Urahara? Well we know nothing about him other than the stupid dad he is, and that he might know everything.

I think its unlikely that Isshin is the one who attacked Uruhara, but the stupid dad thing had obviously been a cover for his shinigami shenanigans. He probably does know everything: Chess is a long game, and whatever is going on he and Uruhara have been a while at plotting it. Was it you or someone else in another thread said that probably this leads to Ichigo being deliberately cultivated or bred in order to become the new soul king? I think that's a good scenario. I mean, if Kubo doesn't just kill everyone to piss off his contract holders.

Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Help     FAQ     About     Contact     Terms     Privacy     AdChoices