Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Aug 4, 2012 6:17 AM

Feb 2008
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
after so long.....they finally meet. if i could cry, i would have at the last scene.
Aug 4, 2012 6:51 AM

Sep 2006
From what we know now, the centreline of a Claymore is the most vulnerable spot, isn't it? Apart from decapitation, this is the other one injury that a Claymore cannot fix on a battlefield.
Aug 4, 2012 7:11 AM

Feb 2008
they also finally explained that too...and showed it all. generally speaking, a claymore should be good enough to overcome those vulnerabilities. if you manage to actually hit a claymore there, they probably weren't good enough to begin with.

i wonder how preicilla will react to this reunion.
Aug 4, 2012 7:23 AM

Nov 2008
Finally Clare is back, nice chapter.
The explanation about how Claymores are born was given, no unexpected things, though.
Aug 4, 2012 7:33 AM

Sep 2008
They finally met after seven long years! A touching moment. Let's see what happens with Priscilla now.
Aug 4, 2012 8:18 AM
Oct 2010
kisami said:

after so long.....they finally meet. if i could cry, i would have at the last scene.

i did :') waiting so long to see her again
Dont bother replying to my posts in forums, dont check them afterwards.

Aug 4, 2012 9:17 AM

May 2010
Holy fuck!! This was the prolly the best chapter this whole year.
The moment we all waited for finally happened.
When I saw the tears from Clare I almost had a man-cry lol.
We also finally got to see what was on all Claymores stomachs.
I cant wait to see what happens when Priscilla comes out. I don't thin k she would kill Raki but for some reason, I think she is going to be jealous of Clare and Raki.

10/10 masterpiece
Aug 4, 2012 9:44 AM

Sep 2007
Oh man ...
Finally ...
After more two of third part of the manga ...
They are reunited. *____*
And the true about the Claymores ...
Aug 4, 2012 9:50 AM

Mar 2009
If Claire came out untreated could it be that Teresa might come out of that blob at some point too? Claire was warrior made from Teresa flesh.

I liked it how Claire "opened" to Raki ^_^
Aug 4, 2012 10:17 AM

May 2009
Finally! In more ways than one...
Aug 4, 2012 10:27 AM

Dec 2008
An opening traveling down the torso that won't heal and can only be held together with strong thread? That's quite brutal! It's hard to believe that the Claymores have fought and survived without ripping the sutures and dying.

I cried when Raki held Clare and told her how much he missed her. It's the moment I've been waiting for. I'm so glad that Clare is back!
Aug 4, 2012 10:47 AM

Jan 2008
CLAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARE!!!!!!!!!!444
Use your brain before using your keyboard!
Aug 4, 2012 11:26 AM

Jun 2009
Holy shit, so much happened all of a sudden

Clare is out of the blob (that was easy O_o), she meets Raki again and we get to see what a Claymore's body looks like (after all that buildup how terrifying it is, I guess it was a given that it'd be kinda disappointing).

But damn, chapter over so fast. Now what? It was confirmed again that it was Clare holding back Priscilla so she'll now be free again I guess and Cassandra will probably speed up even more upon realizing that.

On a side note: can someone remind me what happend to the Raphaela/Luciela-thingy? I think that was just left hanging or did I forget something?
Aug 4, 2012 12:20 PM

Jan 2012
Clare is back!!!!!!!!
Aug 4, 2012 12:40 PM

Dec 2008
kisami said:
they also finally explained that too...and showed it all. generally speaking, a claymore should be good enough to overcome those vulnerabilities. if you manage to actually hit a claymore there, they probably weren't good enough to begin with.

Clare was hit there several times (the worst of them was when Ophelia cut her across the chest) and still lives so it probably isn't fatal as long as something (clothes, ribs, pressed hand) holds the isides from going outside.
kisami said:

There will be blood XD Especially if she heard everything Raki said to Clare XD
New profile design sucks.
Aug 4, 2012 1:05 PM

Mar 2012
Just me or was getting Clare out of that mass a little too easy?
Ever since Teresa revealed where the yoma flesh was implanted in her body to drive off those thieves I expected that part to be more grotesque. Or perhaps it was and the editors/publishers wouldn't allow it.
A good author leaves the audience enough material to be satisfied with, yet yearning for more.
Aug 4, 2012 4:41 PM

Jul 2010
Reunion after 7 years. nice hug Raki.

Yes.. it was bit too easy to get her out. I thought there will be some response from Priscilla. And Raki didn't recognized her properly. I guess she never did mahou bakemono transformation in front of him otherwise he would've recognized her easily with horn on her forehead.

Finally.. An explanation about claymore bodies and I'm glad it was not something creepy and grotesque.

kisami said:
if i could cry, i would have at the last scene.

This.
Aug 4, 2012 4:47 PM

Feb 2008
Karharot said:
kisami said:

Clare was hit there several times (the worst of them was when Ophelia cut her across the chest) and still lives so it probably isn't fatal as long as something (clothes, ribs, pressed hand) holds the isides from going outside.
kisami said:

you're right... but claire was always the weakest among them though. even so, this chapter just made me feel all warm and fuzzy.

Karharot said:

i am not sure though, i never got the impression Priscilla was as close to him as Claire is....they were together for a long time but it felt more like a big brother taking care of a little sister. but maybe this might cause something. even so, they don't have time rest. a big baddie on its way.
Aug 4, 2012 5:54 PM

Jul 2010
kisami said:
Karharot said:

i am not sure though, i never got the impression Priscilla was as close to him as Claire is....they were together for a long time but it felt more like a big brother taking care of a little sister. but maybe this might cause something. even so, they don't have time rest. a big baddie on its way.

Priscilla can do something outrageous considering her character. She was so obsessed with Teresa about why she betrayed organization. Teresa defeated or rather humiliated her but even after killing Teresa, she's still so obsessed with that Clair is the new target because of teresa flesh. Now that same Clare is taking her big brother and that is good enough reason for her to go berserk. :) but maybe not..
Aug 4, 2012 11:08 PM

Oct 2010
xxxATiON said:
Ever since Teresa revealed where the yoma flesh was implanted in her body to drive off those thieves I expected that part to be more grotesque. Or perhaps it was and the editors/publishers wouldn't allow it.

I was expecting something more grotesque too, for example in Clares case i tought Teresas face/head gona stick out of her belly or something.
Aug 4, 2012 11:50 PM

Dec 2008
kisami said:
Karharot said:
kisami said:

you're right... but claire was always the weakest among them though. even so, this chapter just made me feel all warm and fuzzy.

Me too :)
As for Clare if the (theoreticaly) weakest among them was able to survive that then others should be even less affected by it.

kisami said:
Karharot said:

i am not sure though, i never got the impression Priscilla was as close to him as Claire is....they were together for a long time but it felt more like a big brother taking care of a little sister. but maybe this might cause something.

Rather loli big sister taking care of her little brother if the encounter with Renee is anything to judge by :) Still, she was attached to him more than to anyone since... well since she was forced to kill her family I think (does she even remember that far back?).
Jokes about clingy jealous girls going on killing sprees aside, Clare may be more of a problem than Priscilla since while Pris doesn't have any grudge toward her and possibly can be reasoned with if Raki steps in Clare will probably go nuts again and is likely to go into her kamikaze mode...

kisami said:
even so, they don't have time rest. a big baddie on its way.

Thereticaly it should not matter since if Priscilla turns out to be hostile they are screwed anyway and if she doesn't then what can a mere Abyssal One do in her presence?
Of course it's not going to be that easy since genres "Action" and "Shounen" oblige author to put some action in so someone is going to start a fight for sure...
Aug 5, 2012 12:02 AM

Jul 2010
great!
Aug 5, 2012 1:02 AM

Jun 2012
I'm guessing that Natsu and Gajeel will kick their asses again, no problem.

Sting and Rogue will get kicked out of Sabretooth and get accepted into the Dragonslayer-hogging guild which is Fairy Tail.

Erza kicks' Minerva's ass BIG TIME!
Aug 5, 2012 1:33 AM

Jun 2009
prism2525 said:

Sting and Rogue will get kicked out of Sabretooth and get accepted into the Dragonslayer-hogging guild which is Fairy Tail.

erm...either fail or troll. Possibly both.
Aug 5, 2012 1:34 AM

Jan 2009
that long awaited renunion and that unhealable wounds of claymores
Aug 5, 2012 2:30 AM

Feb 2011
i was expecting their bodies to be more gruesome but well, we finally see it, i wanted to see it from the first scene it was told to be gruesome.

So Clare is out just like that, but i'm guessing she changed drastically, so we shall see... :D

Prissy awaken to be killed by Clare's hand already, i want blood for Tressa...
We read 129 ch.s but she is still my favorite Claymore although She only appeared like 5-6 (don't know) ch.s. i want her to be avanged...
Aug 5, 2012 3:11 AM

Jun 2009
What? Just stitches running down the torso? That's all it took to send those thieves away in revulsion? What pansies. I would still hit that.

"I always take life with a grain of salt, ...plus a slice of lemon, ...and a shot of tequila."

Aug 5, 2012 3:26 AM

Jun 2009
AidanAK47 said:
What? Just stitches running down the torso? That's all it took to send those thieves away in revulsion? What pansies. I would still hit that.

Well from the looks of it, it goes aaaallll the way down. So there was this guro hentai manga I once read with that girl that was vertically cut in half and didn't notice and then did it with her guy and...okay enough of that. Let's just say it wasn't pretty ^^

(Too bad the name escapes me right now. It was probably a Kago Shintaro. Who else comes up with shit like that)
Aug 5, 2012 4:38 AM

Dec 2008
AidanAK47 said:
What? Just stitches running down the torso? That's all it took to send those thieves away in revulsion?

I too found that dubious, but maybe her stichews were a little loose and somethin was hanging out outside?
AidanAK47 said:
What pansies. I would still hit that.

One of them did decide on raping her anyway so...
grandy_UiD said:
(Too bad the name escapes me right now. It was probably a Kago Shintaro. Who else comes up with shit like that)

Go to Visual Novel Database and look at the screenshots of Dustmania Grotesque, there are a lot of people (too many if you ask me) who go for that kind of shit.
I hope that no one with such fetishes exist in Claymore world...
Aug 5, 2012 4:45 AM

Jun 2008
omg...i fap so much @this chapter :')
Aug 5, 2012 4:49 AM
Dec 2009
Crimson_V said:
xxxATiON said:

I was expecting something more grotesque too, for example in Clares case i tought Teresas face/head gona stick out of her belly or something.

Same here. Kind of disappointing it's not as grotesque as the impressive they gave.
I'm expecting Teresa's face/head could be seen for Clare's case as well.
Aug 5, 2012 6:44 AM

Jun 2008
When i first saw her emerging from that thing there didn't seem to be anything on her body and i thought the author used the merging with that monster to give her a new body so she can sex Raki all she wants without feeling embarrassed but i guess i was wrong. Yagi isn't much a fan of pleasantries.

The whole non-healing scar though seems stupid. We have seen Claymores getting wounded over that scar many times. So if it's so deadly to them i can't imagine how they are still alive.
Also that scar was basically from the neck down to their freaking pussy. I think we saw the full neck or little under it of Claymores before and i don't remember any scar which makes me think that this wasn't what Yagi was initially planning or he got forgotten while drawing a few times.
Aug 5, 2012 7:21 AM

Dec 2008
Monad said:
Also that scar was basically from the neck down to their freaking pussy. I think we saw the full neck or little under it of Claymores before and i don't remember any scar which makes me think that this wasn't what Yagi was initially planning or he got forgotten while drawing a few times.

I was thinking the same and I went looking for proof but I couldn't find one - both normal Claymore clothes and the outfits the Ghosts wore covered the necks, so did the disguises Clare was wearing in "Darkness in Paradise" and "The Witch's Maw". I did not made page-by-page check of the whole manga so maybe there is something to be found there but it seems to me that so far, no matter how skimpy their outfits were, warriors always had their necks covered up tightly.
Aug 5, 2012 8:22 AM

Jun 2012
Gonna miss the black suits. Glad Clare is back and I'm dying to see the next chapter more than ever.
I'm also filled with pure-hearted ulterior motives.

Aug 5, 2012 9:23 AM

Jun 2009
grandy_UiD said:

Well from the looks of it, it goes aaaallll the way down. So there was this guro hentai manga I once read with that girl that was vertically cut in half and didn't notice and then did it with her guy and...okay enough of that. Let's just say it wasn't pretty ^^

Well...as a certain tenacious D song said. You don't always have to fuck her hard...

"I always take life with a grain of salt, ...plus a slice of lemon, ...and a shot of tequila."

Aug 5, 2012 1:27 PM

Jun 2010
Raki's meeting with Clare was rather... sudden. Anyway, the deal with the bodies wasn't that much of shocking.
Aug 5, 2012 4:25 PM

Jan 2012
prism2525 said:

ahahaha this guy think's this is the fairy tail garbage discussion
Aug 6, 2012 5:23 AM
Nov 2011
So now we have 2 wait 4 other month ._.
Aug 6, 2012 8:42 AM

Jan 2012
Nice. Raki and Clare are back together. And we finally could see how the body of a claymore looks like.
Aug 6, 2012 11:22 AM

Sep 2009
finally they explained the claymore body

and boy, Priscila is going to be pissed when she get's out and sees Clare next to her man :))
Aug 6, 2012 9:58 PM

May 2009
Am I the only one who didn't particularly cared about the reunion? ._. I mean it's nice for them to be back together and romantic stuff and so forth, but I wasn't even near tears then Raki jumped at her.

Neat chapter IMO, I liked it that lots of stuff happened and that that chick from the beginning is back on the team. The scar on the whole body is not a bad, could have been something better, could have been something worse. Re-reading some chapters I think i saw naked Claymores in, i found this. Maybe the scar was planed from the start.

On the other hand, does this count as an counter-argument? This is an awakened after all.
CrochaxAug 6, 2012 10:10 PM
Aug 6, 2012 10:39 PM
Sep 2011
anyone read berserk? i found claymore to be way better and more developed than berserk >.> and yet claymore has lower score
Aug 7, 2012 2:36 AM

Dec 2008
Crochax said:
On the other hand, does this count as an counter-argument? This is an awakened after all.

No, it doesn't. Awakened beings in their human form have their old human hair color so it seems that they can assume the form they had before organization tampered with their bodies. Perhaps their shapeshifting abilities allow them to overcome the limitations put on regenerative abilities or something.
HandedSword said:
anyone read berserk? i found claymore to be way better and more developed than berserk >.> and yet claymore has lower score

I'm reading both. Personally I like Claymore better but not by that much. Main problems with Berserk are it's ridiculously slow (and unpredictably irregular) publishing rate, it's tendency to go off-track with the story (but then again last arc of Claymore (the whole fight with ressurrected number ones) did not have much point to it either) and the fact that original seinen genre is lately shifting into shounen but the story still is good and the world setting is far more complex than the one we have now in Claymore (I hope it will change in the future though).
Aug 7, 2012 2:57 AM

May 2010
Finaaaaallly :D
*goes to wait for Priscilla time*
Aug 8, 2012 12:16 AM

Jan 2008
HandedSword said:
anyone read berserk?

Berserk? Lol! Berserk is history. Don't get me wrong, it was a good manga, sure, but now, it is a piece of shit.

Claymore all the way.
Use your brain before using your keyboard!
Aug 8, 2012 9:32 AM

Feb 2011
Crimson_V said:
xxxATiON said:

I totally concur, was hoping for something that would make me sick, but noooo, just a big surgery cut, wonder if they can have sex this way without splitting up.
Aug 10, 2012 12:22 AM
Jan 2009
I thought I'd offer these as example of how early on the scar was planned. These were taken from chapter 33, I think. I grabbed them a couple of days ago.

Aug 10, 2012 2:41 AM
Aug 2010
WOW....we FINALLY found out the "secret" of the claymore bodies!

And CLAAAAARRRREEEEE is BAAAAACK!

I'm so happy Raki and Clare finally reunited, Now we just need to wrap this up and I'll be very pleased with this manga.
Aug 11, 2012 2:19 PM

Jan 2010
Maybe I'm crazy, but I was actually hoping that the author would never reveal how a Claymore's body actually looked like... It was just one of those big mysteries in the story that you always wondered about but it was left to the imagination. Also there was such a huge build up (those pack of thieves, grown up Raki crying from seeing it etc.) to it that it kind of disappointed me.

Still very nice chapter. As usual, waiting for next month's chapter will be really difficult..
My tastes > your tastes.
Aug 11, 2012 6:07 PM

Jul 2010
TomDawn said:
Maybe I'm crazy, but I was actually hoping that the author would never reveal how a Claymore's body actually looked like...

No. you're not crazy. I was also hoping this and many other peoples as well. It's not a problem to leave some mysteries to reader imagination. especially this kind of mysteries where most of people thought it will be something grotesque. So there was bound to be disappointment for some. Though i'm glad it was not something like that.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Claymore Chapter 9 Discussion

Rasco - Dec 2, 2011

7 by Ogre666 »»
Apr 6, 12:14 PM

Poll: » Claymore Chapter 79 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

avrc - May 2, 2008

110 by psygol »»
Mar 28, 8:16 PM

» Question?

mrSmiles - Jul 4, 2009

6 by _MackynCheese »»
Mar 21, 3:15 AM

Poll: » Claymore Chapter 1 Discussion

kansas778 - Sep 14, 2009

26 by _MackynCheese »»
Mar 20, 1:10 PM

Poll: » Claymore Chapter 50 Discussion

Zinvy - Aug 12, 2010

14 by aod-kun »»
Mar 14, 2:32 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.