Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 3, 2012 3:28 PM

Mar 2012
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Seven's Witch turn is awesome but Kakeru's Phi trick is cooler
Araki you need lose weight! He once did it in one night and he's so handsome when he's skinny
In the preview they said he also had that invitation to be a representive like Kakeru, there he was still fat, he looked so nice with Suguru
The training was pretty funny, Kakeru on Kaoru(so cute), Takase on Kota LOL

Kakeru is so cute ( I love him when he's acting like that) Mai sure like teasing him (omg her underwear) but does she serious like him? Well it's more KakeruxMai than KakeruxNana, whyy =(
The best scene was the herd sumo wrestlers coming and chaning XD

Finally there will be some soccer in the next ep, I expect some flashback
Waah there is a hot spring scene

Mod Edit: Merged both threads.
LunaAug 4, 2012 4:59 AM
Aug 3, 2012 3:55 PM

Apr 2010
Of course the Japanese would win! Man, they make it feel like this team is unbeatable...

JmacAug 3, 2012 4:19 PM
Aug 3, 2012 4:20 PM

Feb 2008
Well, Seven's dribble is so amazing, Mai is down becuase of something.
We don't really know much about Mai past, hmm.. That's her personality I guess but yeah you right we don't know for sure that Mai love Kakeru, Nana end up getting jealous (teasing) like usually.

Very nice Kakeru end up getting choosen for U-16 training camp including Araki get invitation as well.
Kakeru sure have improved a lot, but don't think he have pass his brother skills yet.
They including him becuase they know he got talents but I do think most of becuase he is Suguru's brother or they was impressed over Phi trick he made and the one man dribbling but it wasn't him lol.
:D'

Nana obviously like Kakeru and Kakeru like her as well, get some courage Kakeru and confessed!
If it was more romance into this soccer anime, guess he would already confessed to her but he is more focus at soccer than love. :D

Next Episode: Fanservice and U-16 training camp :D

Nothing ventured, nothing gained (Girls und Panzer der Film ) / from Nishizumi Miho

Aug 3, 2012 5:12 PM
Feb 2010
Kakeru was quite hilarious in today's episode; I still get vibes from the manga when I think of that scene in the shower rooms. I can't wait for the baby-faced assassin to play with the Japanese blue shirt on.

Nana... she might end up getting jealous. I still believe she should make a move while Kakeru should just say it as well.

About Mai... I want Mai to improve as a character (who wouldn't?) and as a player for the Nadeshiko since we see more of them in the anime than in the manga. However, someone should think about firing Takeda, bring on someone with a Ferguson-esque stern face of a coach and have such new coach who's not shy of letting Mai warm the bench as a punishment for her selfishness. The only way (and I mean it when I say it), really the only way Mai can grow as a player is through the presence of a stern disciplinarian to show her how it's done. It's one thing for Nana to still believe in Mai, but getting rid of that selfishness requires some horse remedy.

Jmac said:
Of course the Japanese would win! Man, they make it feel like this team is unbeatable...

Why not? They just owned Brazil in London today. :D
Kira-TsubasafanAug 3, 2012 6:58 PM
Aug 3, 2012 5:56 PM

Dec 2011
That was a funny & heartwarming ep. The development on Mai is great, Kakeru's innocent personality and her teasing is so adorable xP.

Finally Kakeru gets to play with the big boys with the return of some the other great players~. He has very high expectations to fulfill D:
Aug 3, 2012 6:02 PM

Apr 2010
Kira-Tsubasafan said:
Jmac said:

True. Assuming they don't choke (US women), we could see a rematch of the womens world cup in the gold medal round. Should be a interesting grudge match :P

Edit: For the longest time I was wondering what 'Nadeshiko' was. I thought it was a company name that was sponsoring this 'farm club'. I checked online and found out thats the name of the Japanese national team. So as long as its the national team, I can understand them being so good ;)
JmacAug 3, 2012 6:21 PM
Aug 3, 2012 9:49 PM

Jul 2012
Okay, wow, I'm trying to process all of those things that happened in the episode. LOL

1. Nadeshiko's awesome. Seven's witch trick was awesome.

2. LOL @ Arata and Seven's chase. Funny stuff.

3. Mai x Kakeru's fanservice part was pretty funny. Kakeru acts so virgin. xD Right now, I don't know what to ship really. =P

4. Seven and Mai's friendship! D'aww! (:

5. Yay for Kakeru! CONGRATS ON BEING A REP. : D And Araki too lol

6. Still don't know what's going on with Mai's personal life. All we know is that she's very lonely.

Looking forward to next episode a lot! : D
Aug 3, 2012 10:56 PM

Jan 2011
Jmac said:
Kira-Tsubasafan said:
Jmac said:

True. Assuming they don't choke (US women), we could see a rematch of the womens world cup in the gold medal round. Should be a interesting grudge match :P

Edit: For the longest time I was wondering what 'Nadeshiko' was. I thought it was a company name that was sponsoring this 'farm club'. I checked online and found out thats the name of the Japanese national team. So as long as its the national team, I can understand them being so good ;)

Well the U.S. is playing Canada, and we seem to be choking an awful lot in this Olympics (at least our official olympic broadcaster covers the games live, although I have to stay up watching anime till two to start catching the action). I would love to see a Canada/Japan final just to see some more of Nadeshiko in action. As to the origins of the team name: reference Nadeshiko Yamato on wikipedia--as it is an important trope in anime (as exemplified by characters like Belldandy).

And yes, either Kakeru or Seven should make a move soon--I would have thought that Suguru would have taught them that precious opportunities should be grabbed when they present themselves, you never know what the future holds.
rodacAug 3, 2012 11:10 PM
Please don't feed the trolls!
In my next life I want to collide at the corner with the cute transfer student
carrying a piece of toast in her mouth
...rodac

Aug 4, 2012 4:11 AM

Apr 2008
Well anyhow, wasn't THAT special of an episode, but had a relaxing feel to it and good build up on what's to come. The whole Araki chase was funny xD
I know Kakeru is main character of the anime, if he really deserved the U16 call though with his abilities how they are right now.... hmmmm not sure
next week should be cool though :)
LunaAug 4, 2012 4:59 AM
Aug 4, 2012 4:39 AM
Feb 2010
It was a very good relaxing episode indeed. The Kakeru and Mai scene in the showers was well done; they met the expectations about adapting that particular scene.

Araki being chased and chasing Seven with that bug... that was ROFL.

About Mai... I still believe they should hire someone else as a manager for the women's team (Screw that wuss Takeda, really). As I wrote in the other thread, breaking down Mai's selfishness will require quite a "horse remedy", especially the presence of a stern disciplinarian who'd not hesitate in benching Mai if she keeps on repeating the same infuriating mistakes. I'm just surprised we haven't seen other women on the team start clashing with Mai in training about her selfishness; they should have the right to be pissed off too.
LunaAug 4, 2012 5:00 AM
Aug 4, 2012 4:49 AM

Apr 2012
Never change, Japan. Never change ffs.
Aug 5, 2012 3:11 AM

May 2010
A lol episode.
Aug 5, 2012 4:32 AM

Jul 2011
Fuck yesss, Kakeru in National team next episode!!!!
Aug 14, 2012 5:49 PM

Dec 2011
Ah... Mai-chan! Kakeru should just go out with her.

And Kakeru got selected! OMG! This is getting interesting!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 4, 2013 8:38 PM

Jun 2011
Teared up when the parents broke the news to Kakeru. ;)

Straw-Hat-Matt said:

I know Kakeru is main character of the anime, if he really deserved the U16 call though with his abilities how they are right now.... hmmmm not sure

You know, the outsiders also can see Kakeru in Suguru mode. No one know the truth. It's not necessarily because of his status as the MC, so please drop the bias.

Fiji said:
Ah... Mai-chan! Kakeru should just go out with her.

Truee!! I ship Kakeru x Mai more than Kakeru x Seven.

Sometimes I cannot stand Mai's selfish action, that it almost cause the team to lose, but as someone said, Mai is still a kid ^^
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Sep 14, 2014 9:05 AM

Mar 2014
The Witch turn to an acrobatic shot !!
The uphill dash to greatness !!
The Modest gift from the hardships of training !!
What a problem child mai is .. she really has some "complications" on herself .. mended .
Kakeru guarding ~ .. on mai's bath in men's ~ !!
Mai is such a tease .. He's in panic lol !!
The "Goals" that lacks the strong sensation , every team needs to win !!
Friendship restored :)
The overwhelming joy of being chosen as a representative of your country :D congrats kakeru !!
Pretty GREAT Episode !!!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 11, 2016 4:37 PM

Jul 2013
I didn't expect the end at all. Now Kakeru will get to train with the top Japanese players.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Area no Kishi Episode 37 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Fantassy - Sep 28, 2012

70 by Zekkenshin »»
Dec 5, 2022 2:39 PM

Poll: » Area no Kishi Episode 21 Discussion

Stark700 - May 25, 2012

24 by Zekkenshin »»
Nov 18, 2022 3:04 PM

Poll: » Area no Kishi Episode 18 Discussion

Stark700 - May 4, 2012

31 by Zekkenshin »»
Nov 18, 2022 1:07 PM

Poll: » Area no Kishi Episode 17 Discussion

Stark700 - Apr 27, 2012

20 by Zekkenshin »»
Nov 15, 2022 11:11 AM

Poll: » Area no Kishi Episode 16 Discussion

Stark700 - Apr 20, 2012

17 by Zekkenshin »»
Nov 15, 2022 10:23 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.