Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 3, 2012 12:49 PM

Jul 2012
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Opening Logo

The title of episode 1

Chihaya is getting some treatment in the following

The kiss wasn't shown but it was implied that they did

His secret was already found out and someone overheard them

Chibi-DokiAug 3, 2012 1:38 PM
Aug 3, 2012 1:22 PM
Mar 2011
subs are out already, not sure why this is still "not yet airing" here in mal.

all in all, it seems like a new start to the series. good so far
"....i am the villain in this story"
Aug 3, 2012 1:31 PM

Aug 2010
Finally I get to watch it! To bad it's just an OVA though.
I really like it so far.
Kaoruko+Kitamura Eri=WIN!
Aug 3, 2012 1:31 PM

Apr 2010
It's allot more fast passed compared to both the first season and the manga but can't be helped since it's only three episodes.
Tho the drama is nice but there isn't much background story since everything is happening so fast.
Even tho that said there was one thing which wasn't in the manga at all which was his mother crying over that picture it could have been in the manga but not at the part i was.
I wonder who that girl was.
Aug 3, 2012 2:41 PM

Sep 2009
The original is VN so it's not wise to compare it with manga. Of cause pace are a bit fast but IMHO it was the same in S1. And I think that Silver Link still made much better job with adaptation.

> subs are out already, not sure why this is still "not yet airing" here in mal.

It's a pre-air. Dunno why it wasn't fixed on MAL. Not even in "Additional info".
Aug 3, 2012 3:29 PM

Sep 2009
So apparently I watched the first season but I didn't remember it at all. After looking at the OP for season one I vaguely remember now. Looks like I don't really need to remember the first season though anyways.

Edit: This seems to be entertaining enough, though I wish this was a full season...
saxophone15Aug 4, 2012 12:30 AM
Aug 3, 2012 10:38 PM

Jun 2009
I guess I'll just refrain for nitpicking about how Silver Link should have made it a TV series instead of an OVA but I'm quite happy with what they did. At least it got animated.

The art could use an improvement though.
Aug 3, 2012 11:04 PM
Oct 2008
Wow his Mizuho cousin!? no wonder why he looks so beautiful :P

Also wow Kajiura-sensei looks so diff compare to the first season xD

I also believe that photo his mother was crying over was his sister
MrChuAug 3, 2012 11:52 PM
Aug 4, 2012 11:57 AM

Jul 2009
Genre : Shoujo-Ai, but there is a cross-dresser man... why?
Aug 4, 2012 12:12 PM

Jun 2010
It is been awhile since I watched the prequel TV series...

Well, I prefer the designs of this one, but so far it isn't that much of interesting.
Aug 4, 2012 8:42 PM

Jun 2012
Has a much air to it than the first season, or maybe how the first season felt in the first place :I

Zenithale said:

There are girls who like each other (perhaps), not just the MC.
Aug 4, 2012 10:56 PM

Jul 2011
looks good. it would kinda have been nice if this were a TV series. also, i like the char designs on this one than it's prequel.
Aug 5, 2012 1:55 AM

Sep 2009
> There are girls who like each other (perhaps), not just the MC.

Kaori is lesbian. She even had some yuri scenes in VN.
Aug 5, 2012 9:21 AM

Jun 2011
Totally should have made this a tv series. I really enjoyed it, though it was fast paced which cant be helped due to the 3 episode restriction but it was still very good.

Well who knows, if this gets enough reputation, they just might make this into a series like Nyaruko
Aug 5, 2012 3:19 PM

Jan 2010
so many things has disappointed me with this single episode even though I was anticipating the anime...

first, I thought it will be adapted into a TV series not a mere OVA?!?!? I was shocked when I checked animenetwork to find the anime was an OVA T___T

second, as a one who was playing the game, I didn't think that they will go ahead with the story and finish the pre story with all its event and exciting everyday life in one episode of 25 minutes.... you know, I spent weeks to finish the first chapter and with 25 minutes they wrapped it I almost cried

third, they changed the seiyuu of some characters. WHY??? I ask again WHY??? I admire Ayana and all but for she to voice Kaori is a big mistake. Come on, Kaori original seiyuu was perfect why bothering changing her??? again a couple of tears fell here T_________________________T

seriously, if they made it into TV series the show will be more interesting

whatever, my ranting here will not change anything and we still have Kaoruko ark next episode. lets see how they will manage to animate it
Aug 5, 2012 6:34 PM

Nov 2010
Darky-san said:
so many things has disappointed me with this single episode even though I was anticipating the anime...

first, I thought it will be adapted into a TV series not a mere OVA?!?!? I was shocked when I checked animenetwork to find the anime was an OVA T___T

second, as a one who was playing the game, I didn't think that they will go ahead with the story and finish the pre story with all its event and exciting everyday life in one episode of 25 minutes.... you know, I spent weeks to finish the first chapter and with 25 minutes they wrapped it I almost cried

third, they changed the seiyuu of some characters. WHY??? I ask again WHY??? I admire Ayana and all but for she to voice Kaori is a big mistake. Come on, Kaori original seiyuu was perfect why bothering changing her??? again a couple of tears fell here T_________________________T

whatever, my ranting here will not change anything and we still have Kaoruko ark next episode. lets see how they will manage to animate it

xD... I sympathize. They likely changed the voices because the original voice actors did H-voice work. It usually happens when it deals with a H-Visual Novel being adapted to an anime. But indeed, Kaori's original voice suited her incredibly well.
Aug 5, 2012 10:24 PM

Aug 2009
Right now I like this one more then the TV.
Just hope it doesn't turn out badly and ends up trolling like it did in Episode 4 on the prequel.
Aug 7, 2012 2:13 AM

Jan 2011
Kaoruko+Kitamura Eri=WIN!

IMHO the VA in the original sounds more fitting.

Wow his Mizuho cousin!? no wonder why he looks so beautiful :P

IIRC, according to the prologue of the VN, Chihaya is Mariya's younger brother. His real name is Mikado Chihaya btw.

I also believe that photo his mother was crying over was his sister

Shift+Deleted the OVA after watching, so I can't remember the details. But yeah, Chihaya has a deceased twin-sister.

The scene where Kaori is with her underclassman was actually a yuri scene in the VN.

My thought is pretty much the same as you, except that I didn't expect anything ever since I saw the poster, and I was right. They butchered the story and characters' personality. The change of voice actresses is also a bad idea, especially for Kaori and Hatsune. Plus 3 OVAs are just too short to cover the story, even though the VN wasn't a long one. I think this is largely due to the small budget that Caramel Box could afford, since they were no big company.
Aug 8, 2012 8:35 AM

Mar 2012
Looks great, and the art of this one is magnificent, too bad it's only 3 episodes.. I'd better finish the first season.. :D
Aug 9, 2012 12:45 AM

Jun 2007
3 eps, that makes me sad.
Aug 9, 2012 7:39 AM

Apr 2009
Oh, Seio Academy. How nostalgic. It's a bit harder to believe that Chihaya is male like Mizuho before him because of his soft feminine voice. Then again, it seems he is better at disguising his voice than Mizuho. Kaoruko is called the Knight Princess, huh. And Eri Kitamura is her seiyuu. An appropriate title in more ways than one. I like her already.

I also want to see just who trained Kaoruko in fencing. ;)

Man, why couldn't this have become a full TV series instead of a 3-episode OVA.
Aug 10, 2012 11:02 PM

Jan 2011
SayakaMagica said:
Oh, Seio Academy. How nostalgic. It's a bit harder to believe that Chihaya is male like Mizuho before him because of his soft feminine voice. Then again, it seems he is better at disguising his voice than Mizuho. Kaoruko is called the Knight Princess, huh. And Eri Kitamura is her seiyuu. An appropriate title in more ways than one. I like her already.

I also want to see just who trained Kaoruko in fencing. ;)

Man, why couldn't this have become a full TV series instead of a 3-episode OVA.

Well, if you take a look at the game, Mizuho's voice is actually pretty damn feminine too. And it's him who trained Kaoruko in the drama CD Sakura no Sono no Etoile.
Aug 11, 2012 2:45 AM
Oct 2010
I believe that they probably just don't have enough money to produce a full anime for Otoboku, as I doubt this genre of series would gain enough followers to produce enough revenue to generate funds for a full blown anime series. I rather they just give us a few well done anime OVAs than a lesser quality full series.

Now on to episode 1!
I thoroughly enjoyed the episode, although I haven't played the VN to know how much has changed to know any detractors if I played the VN.

One thing that really got me in was the music played in the scenes. I'm a sucker for classical types of soundtracks.
Aug 12, 2012 10:22 PM

May 2011
Ohhhh admiral ackbar all up in his shitt.

Far more aggressive than the prequel
Might get a 7 out of me this time

Jokes aside though should have made it at least half a regular TV season long (5-7 eps) 3 feels short.
Mar 13, 2013 7:41 AM

Jul 2008
the fencing was pretty awsm must say
After I Crush Your Dreams......
Your Bones Will Follow......
Jul 2, 2014 7:05 PM

Sep 2011
Aw why only 3 episodes!? Felt a bit rushed... but oh well, it was still enjoyable. =s
Oct 9, 2016 3:36 AM

Apr 2009
The pacing of this episode is so fast. T___T
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 16, 2022 1:04 PM

Aug 2018
All Chihaya did was studying, she says, hm..
Yuu is depressed or suicidal?.. Or why she behaved like this in the rain.. As well as not eating breakfast earlier.. Well..
Chihaya's face is really stoic at the most of times.. It can be attractive to girls, maybe..
Well, still studying and feeling out of place, it seems..
May 27, 2022 2:45 PM

May 2015
This is just speed-running season 1 lol. What they did in 12 episodes in season 1 they did it in 20 minutes here. (Revealing that the MC is a boy to the main interest)

Also everything felt so quick in general. Like one person would speak and there's not a single pause before the next thing happens. Same with the intro, it just threw us straight into it.

Bit disappointing compared to how good season 1 was. I'm curious how the next two episodes will go.
Yuritopia FTW!!!!!!!!! BANZAI TO YURI !!!!!!!!!!!!
Jun 5, 2023 2:49 PM

Aug 2021
damn that was fast lmao

More topics from this board

Poll: » Otome wa Boku ni Koishiteru: Futari no Elder Episode 3 Discussion

Kanade-chan - Oct 3, 2012

29 by waalex11 »»
Sep 13, 2023 3:32 PM

» Will this have returning characters?

Avere - Aug 3, 2012

7 by Ckea »»
Jun 14, 2022 6:35 AM

Poll: » Otome wa Boku ni Koishiteru: Futari no Elder Episode 2 Discussion

Wallace- - Aug 28, 2012

26 by Gendolfas »»
Jan 17, 2022 6:46 AM

» Mistake for Theme Song Performer

ArcanaTrace - Jan 8, 2014

0 by ArcanaTrace »»
Jan 8, 2014 9:57 AM

» Next episodes?

Wallace- - Aug 28, 2012

6 by Wallace- »»
Sep 21, 2012 2:32 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.