Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Accel World (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
Do you think Accel World will be having season 2?
Pages (8) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Sep 24, 2012 4:13 AM
May 2012
The war isn't over yet.

I'm eagerly to see what's gonna happen on Season 2.
Sep 24, 2012 2:31 PM
Apr 2009
Oh man i hope there will be a season 2:)
Sep 24, 2012 2:56 PM
Jun 2012
i have just finish watching episode 11 and i am starting to think that accel world is better than sword art online. the action and fighting in episode 11 was epic.
Sep 26, 2012 11:22 PM

Mar 2008
I have no idea if there's enough original material for a second season but hell yes I want more.
It was an exemplary and a very satisfying ending to the first season, at the same time leaving many questions to be answered.
Sep 27, 2012 3:13 AM

Jun 2010
IIRC, Season 1 only adapted the first 4 volumes of the Light Novel (there are currently around 12 in total) and the side story in Chapter 10 (the Okinawa Arc).

There's definitely going to be a Season 2, but I think it has more to do with Nega Nebulus trying to deal with the ARS (the group Black Vice and Rust Jigsaw belong to) and Haru with the Disaster Armor than actually fighting the Six Kings, which they would probably reserve way into the future.
Sep 27, 2012 5:41 AM
Jun 2012
In my case i think that AW has better storyline than SAO. In SAO sometimes it got too fast and it's battle isn't as epic as AW. But both anime has weakness, and i think that both anime are great and so i really hope for the next season for AW and Improvement for SAO.
Sorry For my Bad English lol

Sep 27, 2012 1:04 PM

Sep 2009
I hope there will be a season 2.

What about defeating Sulfur Pot? Black Vise? Rust Jigsaw?
Sep 27, 2012 1:59 PM

Aug 2008
Hopefully yes. Contrary to SAO this one seems like a pretty well done adaptation.
Ii tenki desu ne...
Sep 28, 2012 6:55 PM

May 2011
http://accelworld.me/2012/09/accel-world-season-2/
We must wait to end of SAO.
I hope SAO will have season 2 too.
Sep 28, 2012 11:26 PM

Sep 2011
M3Fis70 said:
http://accelworld.me/2012/09/accel-world-season-2/
We must wait to end of SAO.
I hope SAO will have season 2 too.

Lol. Where did this guy pull this information from? I see nothing about this.
Oct 1, 2012 11:13 PM
Feb 2012
Yeah same here I'm kinda irritated on how SAO's Progress too many fillers and time skip.. unlike AW... but in AW i kinda hate Haru's personality a bit

OMG YES I know exactly what you mean especially the Dusk Taker Part but anyway i like both SAO and AW and HS DxD but DxD is only good in the Novel and SAO sucks in anime form kinda but I want a new season of Accel World SOOO BAD!!!!
<(^-^<)<(^-^)>(>^-^)> Kirby dance!!!
Not Everything is in Black and White their is much Grey
Oct 3, 2012 11:29 AM

Sep 2012
I don't get why people start comparing SAO and AW... those are not fillers in SAO, some episodes are use to make the story more clear to ppl who don't know anything about Kirito and just you have to read the light novel to help understand more about SAO. Ok, back to topic, AW musts have season 2 and even season 3. It will end in season 3 if those anime producer allow it to be produced, but they have to, AW is the best story even thought it can't go like Naruto or One piece with 10000000..... eps but they have to show all of it.

SAO and AW need season 2 and 3 or maybe more, it can't just end there because we still don't know what's the name Kuroyukihime and also the answer of "Is Kuroyukihime the daughter of Kirito and Asuna?"
Oct 3, 2012 2:40 PM

Oct 2007
swordfire said:
I don't get why people start comparing SAO and AW... those are not fillers in SAO, some episodes are use to make the story more clear to ppl who don't know anything about Kirito and just you have to read the light novel to help understand more about SAO. Ok, back to topic, AW musts have season 2 and even season 3. It will end in season 3 if those anime producer allow it to be produced, but they have to, AW is the best story even thought it can't go like Naruto or One piece with 10000000..... eps but they have to show all of it.

SAO and AW need season 2 and 3 or maybe more, it can't just end there because we still don't know what's the name Kuroyukihime and also the answer of "Is Kuroyukihime the daughter of Kirito and Asuna?"

What she said.

"A Legend is but a tale of a beautiful lie."
Oct 17, 2012 7:33 PM
Jul 2011
I really really hope to watch Accel World Season 2! that will unravel the mystery of real name of Kuroyukihime and creator of brain burst.
Oct 17, 2012 8:24 PM

Jun 2010
There's still the ARS (Black Vise's group) to deal with though. But revealing the mystery of KYH could be possible.
Oct 18, 2012 6:19 AM
Jul 2011
Because I really really hope to see The Biggest Mystery of Creator of Brain Burst is going to unravelled in Accel World Season 2.
Oct 18, 2012 7:26 AM

Jun 2010
But I don't think the author would reveal it so quickly.
Oct 19, 2012 5:33 PM
Oct 2012
"Accel World season 1 is completed. The second season is to be announced upon the ending of Sword Art Online which should be more slow paced on the second court."
Oct 28, 2012 2:20 AM
Oct 2012
i wish they do create the season 2....please!!!!!!
Nov 1, 2012 9:08 AM

Oct 2012
SeerHu said:
Because I really really hope to see The Biggest Mystery of Creator of Brain Burst is going to unravelled in Accel World Season 2.

This won't happen in season 2, that's 100%..
Probably not in season 3 too, unless they decide to cut many stuff out and wait for novel to finish.. So not gonna happen...

I would be actually VERY happy, if we would even see someone reaching level 10 in the end... But probably not gonna happen too outside of novel :(
Nov 3, 2012 1:47 AM

Jun 2010
And there's the possibility that the plot might turn from "the journey to Level 10 and the battle against the Six Kings" to "the quest to wipe out all cheaters". I know we want the former to eventually happen, but right now, the flow of the story points to the latter.
Nov 4, 2012 1:23 PM

Apr 2012
ninjaluc79 said:
And there's the possibility that the plot might turn from "the journey to Level 10 and the battle against the Six Kings" to "the quest to wipe out all cheaters". I know we want the former to eventually happen, but right now, the flow of the story points to the latter.

They'll just make a season 3 for the first, and season 2 will be about the latter.

Autocrat said:
Hitler was good, objectively.
Nov 6, 2012 2:54 AM

Jun 2010
Even if one of the cheaters is a King of Pure Color?
Nov 12, 2012 4:42 AM
Nov 2012
swordfire said:

what would be amazing is if kirito was the one who made the game whahaha
Nov 13, 2012 5:10 AM
Jun 2012
swordfire said:

True, even if AW gets many bad comments, i always thought that AW has the best story and Character from all of the anime i've ever seen.
And I don't think that kuroyukihime is the daughter of Kirito and Asuna.
Sorry For my Bad English lol

Nov 13, 2012 5:01 PM

Feb 2009
The fisrt season cover 4 book of the light novel, if a second seson will be aired, and i damn hope so, and the production continue this way another 24 episodes will cover book 8, now we have 12 books and is going on.

Probably 3-4 season of 24 episodes are needed for the full opera, i hope to see them all.
Nov 13, 2012 6:14 PM

Oct 2007
Maharid said:
i MUST see them all.
Fixed.

"A Legend is but a tale of a beautiful lie."
Nov 14, 2012 9:46 PM
May 2012
Zel_Ezl said:
I hope there will be a season 2.

What about defeating Sulfur Pot? Black Vise? Rust Jigsaw?

ninjaluc79 said:
There's still the ARS (Black Vise's group) to deal with though. But revealing the mystery of KYH could be possible.

That's exactly what I want to know. NOBODY answered about this, really?! (I mean I never thought why some people thought my post was hilarious & make zero sense whatsoever till it bugs me in my head & just can't let go.)
JafriZinMay 20, 2013 10:26 AM
Nov 19, 2012 9:20 PM

Jun 2010
No worries, that would most likely be covered in Season 2.
Nov 21, 2012 9:19 PM
May 2012
ninjaluc79 said:
No worries, that would most likely be covered in Season 2.

I hope so. I personally get easily get irritated sometimes with a things like that.
JafriZinDec 18, 2012 5:23 AM
Dec 19, 2012 8:10 PM
Oct 2012
AznHero said:
DarthVantos said:
No sales no second season.

And SAO just came through to wipe this anime off the face of the planet. They should have let Accel World finish before releasing the kraken they basically stabbed themselves in the foot.

I think Accel World is better than SAO in its own way, also I kinda find the way SAO time skips a bit awkward for me
I agree 100% they rushed SAO way to much and didn't give enough time to build bonds with certain characters out of the series however it is still good in it's own way, Accel World was a lot better IMO, it was immersive and very well constructed, I really hope that there is a Season 2 because this anime has such a cliff hanger from hell
Dec 22, 2012 10:15 AM

May 2012
Compared to Sword Art Online, this anime is garbage. Fat boys turn into pig in virtual world ! Also, It is not as emotional as SAO, and female characters don't look as hot.

I would like to see second season for SAO.
thepathDec 22, 2012 10:20 AM
Dec 22, 2012 10:17 AM

Apr 2012
thepath said:
Compared to Sword Art Online, this anime is garbage. Fat boys turns into pig in virtual world ! It is not as emotional as SAO, and female characters don't look as hot.

I would like to see second season for SAO

*Facepalm*

You do know, that the sales for AW have nothing to do with the sale of SAO, and that both sold well.

Autocrat said:
Dec 22, 2012 10:27 AM
Mar 2012
and that both suck
Dec 22, 2012 10:53 AM

Dec 2012
Shaduge said:
and that both suck
I like Accel World better than SAO.
Dec 22, 2012 10:56 AM

Apr 2012
Shaduge said:
and that both suck

Mind projection fallacy.

BASICALLY.

Autocrat said:
Dec 22, 2012 5:04 PM

Jan 2010
no, he is not.
hate capital letters.
deal with it.
Dec 23, 2012 2:13 AM

Apr 2012
FineBreeder said:
no, he is not.

Yes he is, and if he responded to my fact (they sold well) with an opinion without any validity then it's he's still wrong.

Autocrat said:
Dec 23, 2012 6:51 PM

Apr 2012
thepath said:
Compared to Sword Art Online, this anime is garbage. Fat boys turn into pig in virtual world ! Also, It is not as emotional as SAO, and female characters don't look as hot.

'

I would rather have a fat boy pig MC compared to a mary sue MC aka Kirito.
Dec 23, 2012 7:09 PM

Dec 2012
hopefully they will fix the major proplems this anime has but i doubt it
Dec 24, 2012 12:13 AM

Apr 2012
Vaskr said:
thepath said:

'

I would rather have a fat boy pig MC compared to a mary sue MC aka Kirito.

Wrong, Kirito is not a Gary Stu as he does not fit any of the characteristics of Gary Stu to be one.

Autocrat said:
Dec 24, 2012 11:24 AM
Dec 2012
I'm simply amazed at the arrogance of so many haters.
Simply put, both animes have been amazing, both were successful, both have been left open for second seasons, and both will most likely HAVE second seasons.

They've already made it apparent that the two worlds are connected, We get to see in AW that the Nerve Gear was a thing of the past. Honestly, if you watched SAO, the way they linked the VRMMO's together kind of gave me the feeling that the linking of all the MMO's is what lead to the technology for AW. They may or may not have intended it, but it oddly shows technology progression in a fitting manor.

Seriously, They're both great in their own way. As for people hating on Haru; A) It's ****ing Anime. B) I'd like to see you do better if you were in Haru's shoes.

I have a feeling the director intends to make SAO slowly show technology progression to get to, or near AW's state of technology. Just wait, soon enough SAO characters will be getting the microchips Nomi had (barbaric and exploitable technology.) installed, furthering my point. :P
Dec 24, 2012 1:14 PM

Dec 2012
Tinytox said:
I'm simply amazed at the arrogance of so many haters.
Simply put, both animes have been amazing, both were successful, both have been left open for second seasons, and both will most likely HAVE second seasons.

They've already made it apparent that the two worlds are connected, We get to see in AW that the Nerve Gear was a thing of the past. Honestly, if you watched SAO, the way they linked the VRMMO's together kind of gave me the feeling that the linking of all the MMO's is what lead to the technology for AW. They may or may not have intended it, but it oddly shows technology progression in a fitting manor.

Seriously, They're both great in their own way. As for people hating on Haru; A) It's ****ing Anime. B) I'd like to see you do better if you were in Haru's shoes.

I have a feeling the director intends to make SAO slowly show technology progression to get to, or near AW's state of technology. Just wait, soon enough SAO characters will be getting the microchips Nomi had (barbaric and exploitable technology.) installed, furthering my point. :P

Well put defending Haru. ^^ I found the amount of hates toward him disheartening
Dec 24, 2012 1:57 PM

Dec 2012
speaking as a hater for this anime my proplem was not haru like most fans of this series think when it comes to haters, i mean putting haru aside the other charcters were not good , the romance is weak , the action and battle are short and bad and the story wasn't that interesting to be honest , brain burst in itself is really a cool idea but the plot isn't.
well there is will be a season 2 so i hope they make it way better :)
Dec 25, 2012 9:48 PM

Jun 2010
tsudecimo said:
speaking as a hater for this anime my proplem was not haru like most fans of this series think when it comes to haters, i mean putting haru aside the other charcters were not good , the romance is weak , the action and battle are short and bad and the story wasn't that interesting to be honest , brain burst in itself is really a cool idea but the plot isn't.

So SAO is more interesting to you? Then if you want a Gary Stu MC, please drop AW and watch SAO. End of story.

If you're going to give me an interesting MC at least give me one who simply cannot win against a major villain (but still can if he powers up). Kirito only ever loses to a character we won't ever see again. He doesn't even break a sweat when fighting the toughest opponents.

Sorry, but I don't think so. If you're looking forward to the battle against the Six Kings in Season 2, you would be disappointed. It will not happen just yet. Haru has to deal with his CD Armor, Nega Nebulus still needs to recruit the Four Elements back, and the ARS still has to be dealt with.

I'll say this again:

I REALLY HATE IT WHEN THEY CALL CLICHE ON A FAT MC AND YET THEY EXPECT HIM TO FOLLOW THE SAME COOKIE CUTTER DESIGN THAT HAS DOMINATED ANIME FOR DECADES!

Seriously, haters piss me off. Don't like the show? Don't watch it. Please.

tsudecimo said:

Like what? Make Haru thin? Then the story won't make sense. It's all about overcoming your emotional traumas and turning them into strengths. If Haru was like Taku, he gets a boring but powerful Duel Avatar, and the story would end too quickly with none or very predictable character development on Haru's part, since the opponents would be too easy to defeat.

The question would not be whether he would win battles or not, but rather HOW would he defeat his opponents.

Turn Haru into a badass in THREE FUCKING SECONDS FLAT? Unrealistic, dude. Speaking as a bullying victim, it does not take three seconds to recover from bullying, even with the best support system possible. It takes months or even years! So don't expect Haru to become super-confident for one episode and remain that way for the next 23 episodes.

And you don't understand that because you have never been bullied all your life.
ninjaluc79Dec 25, 2012 9:55 PM
Dec 26, 2012 9:49 AM

Dec 2012
ninjaluc79 said:
tsudecimo said:

So SAO is more interesting to you? Then if you want a Gary Stu MC, please drop AW and watch SAO. End of story.

If you're going to give me an interesting MC at least give me one who simply cannot win against a major villain (but still can if he powers up). Kirito only ever loses to a character we won't ever see again. He doesn't even break a sweat when fighting the toughest opponents.

Sorry, but I don't think so. If you're looking forward to the battle against the Six Kings in Season 2, you would be disappointed. It will not happen just yet. Haru has to deal with his CD Armor, Nega Nebulus still needs to recruit the Four Elements back, and the ARS still has to be dealt with.

I'll say this again:

I REALLY HATE IT WHEN THEY CALL CLICHE ON A FAT MC AND YET THEY EXPECT HIM TO FOLLOW THE SAME COOKIE CUTTER DESIGN THAT HAS DOMINATED ANIME FOR DECADES!

Seriously, haters piss me off. Don't like the show? Don't watch it. Please.

tsudecimo said:

Like what? Make Haru thin? Then the story won't make sense. It's all about overcoming your emotional traumas and turning them into strengths. If Haru was like Taku, he gets a boring but powerful Duel Avatar, and the story would end too quickly with none or very predictable character development on Haru's part, since the opponents would be too easy to defeat.

The question would not be whether he would win battles or not, but rather HOW would he defeat his opponents.

Turn Haru into a badass in THREE FUCKING SECONDS FLAT? Unrealistic, dude. Speaking as a bullying victim, it does not take three seconds to recover from bullying, even with the best support system possible. It takes months or even years! So don't expect Haru to become super-confident for one episode and remain that way for the next 23 episodes.

And you don't understand that because you have never been bullied all your life.

lol did you even read what i posted ... (sigh) ?
the first i said was that my proplem was not Haru at all , i understand why he looks like that and i think it is creative, also i didn't bring SAO at all yet you bashed it is MC like i tried to compare them ..?
anyway my main proplems with show are :-
* Charcters: Chiyu : the most confusing charcter in this show i don't get her at all she is in love with haru or in the idea of the three friends staying together ? she seems to show more affection towards haru than taku whick is really odd.
Haru : like i said my problem with him is not his looks at all nor do i hate him enough to hate the show got used to him i guess but his personality is really irritating like i get you were bullied and all ( and i havn't been bullied in real life before) but not to the point where he is being a wimp and crying at everthing no matter how trivial it seems and the self loathing i don't get how someone can hate himself like that outside of his looks he should be gratefull he has loyal friends and someone who loves him and chose him over everyone .
show seems kinda predictable still gonna watch season 2 though everthing has a chance of improvment.
Dec 26, 2012 2:36 PM

Dec 2012
tsudecimo said:

* Charcters: Chiyu : the most confusing charcter in this show i don't get her at all she is in love with haru or in the idea of the three friends staying together ? she seems to show more affection towards haru than taku whick is really odd.

In eps 3, Chiyu said that the only reseaon she is Taku's gf because Haru told her to, and that she wants the trio to stay friend. This implied that she did not have romantic feeling for Taku from the start. The question then become whether she wanted all of them to stay as friend or she is in love with Haru is not clear. I don't think Chiyu is entirely sure herself. It may feel confusing but that's understandable for the girl her age. If anything this makes her a realistic character with depth, not some cookie-cutter personalities we all familiar with in anime girls. I find her very interesting can never tell the motives in some of her actions, as revealed in the last eps. So in my opinion, she is a plus for the series
tsudecimo said:

Haru : like i said my problem with him is not his looks at all nor do i hate him enough to hate the show got used to him i guess but his personality is really irritating like i get you were bullied and all ( and i havn't been bullied in real life before) but not to the point where he is being a wimp and crying at everthing no matter how trivial it seems and the self loathing i don't get how someone can hate himself like that outside of his looks he should be gratefull he has loyal friends and someone who loves him and chose him over everyone
show seems kinda predictable still gonna watch season 2 though everthing has a chance of improvment.

Haru is grateful alright ;) that's why he cried half of the times, during Kuroyukihime's, Taku's, Chiyu's, Scarlet Rain's scenes. Granted that he cried in the other half over self-pitying, he does have the most realistic to be doom-and-gloom in anime ever: the way he was drawed makes it look like he is the worst looking person ever in that universe. Now, imagine being an only fat midget in the world of only tall, lanky people how would you feel? Therefore, I think he has the best reseason to be emo, more than Shinji, Ouma Shu, Kenichi, or any simliar-type character in all the animes i have watched.
Dec 26, 2012 6:38 PM

Jun 2010
ThangLong said:
tsudecimo said:

In eps 3, Chiyu said that the only reseaon she is Taku's gf because Haru told her to, and that she wants the trio to stay friend. This implied that she did not have romantic feeling for Taku from the start. The question then become whether she wanted all of them to stay as friend or she is in love with Haru is not clear. I don't think Chiyu is entirely sure herself. It may feel confusing but that's understandable for the girl her age. If anything this makes her a realistic character with depth, not some cookie-cutter personalities we all familiar with in anime girls. I find her very interesting can never tell the motives in some of her actions, as revealed in the last eps. So in my opinion, she is a plus for the series

Because teenagers are really like that in real life! They simply don't know their way through romance! So don't expect your teenage anime characters to be genre savvy about romance all of a sudden.

tsudecimo said:

Haru : like i said my problem with him is not his looks at all nor do i hate him enough to hate the show got used to him i guess but his personality is really irritating like i get you were bullied and all ( and i havn't been bullied in real life before) but not to the point where he is being a wimp and crying at everthing no matter how trivial it seems and the self loathing i don't get how someone can hate himself like that outside of his looks he should be gratefull he has loyal friends and someone who loves him and chose him over everyone

Haru is grateful alright ;) that's why he cried half of the times, during Kuroyukihime's, Taku's, Chiyu's, Scarlet Rain's scenes. Granted that he cried in the other half over self-pitying, he does have the most realistic to be doom-and-gloom in anime ever: the way he was drawed makes it look like he is the worst looking person ever in that universe. Now, imagine being an only fat midget in the world of only tall, lanky people how would you feel? Therefore, I think he has the best reseason to be emo, more than Shinji, Ouma Shu, Kenichi, or any simliar-type character in all the animes i have watched.

I don't mean to be condescending, but are you saying that tall and lanky MCs have no right to whine because they really aren't different from other people? Just asking.

Like I said, recovering from bullying doesn't take 3 seconds, it takes years. See, when you get out of bullying, no matter how loyal your friends are to the point that they would choose you over everything else, you can't help but not trust them because you would think they're just pulling a cruel joke on you. So you get hurt again, and you are now less likely to trust people, even your own loyal friends, because of that.

Remember that episode when Haru got angry at KYH? That's because Haru was so badly hurt from all the bullying he has endured that he thinks KYH is not taking him seriously and is just stringing him around. After all, why would such a gorgeous girl fall in love with someone like him?

Now, it may sound stupid, but the only way Haru's new friends can help him is reassure him on a consistent basis that they will stand by him no matter what, even if it means their lives are on the line. Give Haru enough time, and he will come back with a fucking vengeance.

When your life suddenly turned for the better after it basically sucked for 12-13 years, you really can't help but be skeptical enough to think that maybe even God himself is trying to troll you. All you ever need to know is that being bullied sucks.
Dec 26, 2012 6:47 PM

Dec 2012
being indecisive about your feelings is annoying not interesting ( can someone explain to me that scene when she takes her shirt and tell her to touch her ? didn't get it at all...
and no i wouldn't really hate myself the way haru does no matter how ugly, short, lonely or w/e .
ninjaluc79 you seems to experince some unfortunate events in real life *online hug*
hope your life is better in the future...
Dec 26, 2012 7:15 PM

Jun 2010
Yeah, that really happened to me. Think of a Southern guy being called a violent redneck all the time, even if he's the nicest guy on Earth. Only worse.

Suffice to say, after all the bullying in the 8th grade, I endured 2 years denying my new classmates' advances towards me because I can't trust other people anymore. Everyone in my new class ended up hating me because I wallowed too much in self-pity for such a long time.
Pages (8) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Accel World Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Yumekichi11 - Sep 21, 2012

453 by Orin23 »»
Feb 20, 4:14 AM

» The episodes 16 to half of 24, gave me an anguish & pissed off reaction

Kiryotsu - Feb 3

3 by Eckl3 »»
Feb 4, 11:46 AM

Poll: » Accel World Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Yumekichi11 - Sep 14, 2012

185 by JustMonaka »»
Jan 11, 10:53 AM

Poll: » Accel World Episode 15 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jul 20, 2012

223 by JustMonaka »»
Jan 10, 5:05 AM

Poll: » Accel World Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Yumekichi11 - Jul 13, 2012

178 by JustMonaka »»
Jan 10, 4:27 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.