MyAnimeList.net

Anime Information
Forums

Recent Posts | My Watched Topics | My Ignored Topics | Search

Accel World Season 2?
MyAnimeList.net Forum »» Anime Discussion »» Series Discussion »» Accel World »» Accel World Season 2?

Pages (14) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
View Poll Results: Do you think Accel World will be having season 2?
Yes
 
1196 90.13%
No
 
131 9.87%
Voters: 1327

09-11-12, 10:00 AM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2012
Posts: 31
Just because SOA and AW are based on VR games it doesnt mean they should be compared. They are totally different shows in all possible ways.

As far as I see, the show is doing well in japan and wont be able to cover all current LN volumes, so it shall have a 2nd season. I'm still on episode 13 - started watching last night - but I'm enjoying it. SOA pleases me more with his serious storyline and char development - and a real couple who actually has a relationship -, but I also enjoy the comedy in AW.

It just pisses me off the relationship - or lack of it - between Haru and KYH. I mean, she already confessed to him, kissed him - in pig form - , risked her life to save him, and is all caring and cuddles him all the time. He also worships her like a goddess herself, so...WHY THE CRAP THEY DONT DATE? This is the typical harem cliche that I cant stand. The anime itself is not a harem, but this part of it, is.

Anyway, hoping for a 2nd season and that Haru and KYH quit being so cliche.
Delays are temporary. Mediocracy lasts forever.
 
09-11-12, 10:57 AM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2012
Posts: 334
In my opinion accel world s2 has a simply slim chance of geting serialized.

1.) there's nothing that really stounds out in that anime except KYH
2.)fans are enraged about haruyuki crying everysingle time and can't even decide firmly by himself
2.)The transition of the story is awful
3.) there weren't any real action, might as well turn in into a pure SoL.
3.)Burst link has a lot of insane plot holes
4)too many loop holes
5.) Kuroyukihime is slowly declining in rating maybe the fact that competing 2 anime's at a time AW/SOA
6.) SOA got a lot more feed back than accel world (FYI, they were written by he same author, there is a small chance that he'll try to improve SOA than Accel World
7.) A lot of character got usless after some time
8.) Male audience can't fondom that haruyuki is a pretty wussy bastard that got the most beautiful, one of the most respected student council president
9)seeing the feedback of accel world and SOA it's clear that they'll know concentrate SOA in making it better.
10) ending this series with nomi as the last boss would surely stain it reputation as an aniime. Surely, there on't be any kuroyukihime in this fight scen even if there was she probably wouldn't help.
11) There aren't character development so far. So many uninteresting plot that has been added. as of why I can't really say.
 
09-14-12, 9:48 AM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2010
Posts: 306
^ This, and with A LOT of pretty interesting Light Novel material abound, would just make me want to kill myself with spoilers from the source material, given that AW S2 stands a slim chance of happening.

However, I'm still looking forward to the day that our favorite flying pig will come to be known as GARuyuki.
Modified by ninjaluc79, 09-14-12, 9:53 AM
 
09-14-12, 9:57 AM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2012
Posts: 437
I don't understand the point of releasing an anime with the goal being reach level 10, then have it end after some arcs that just develop the characters.

I really think they have some more seasons slated for this.
 
09-14-12, 10:18 AM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2010
Posts: 306
But still, not only AW is competing with SAO, both works done by the same author, but it's also suffering from backlash I have never imagined before.

All because some male viewers can't fathom why would most beautiful girl in school fall in love with basically the worst loser in school.
 
09-14-12, 10:31 AM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2012
Posts: 437
ninjaluc79 said:
But still, not only AW is competing with SAO, both works done by the same author, but it's also suffering from backlash I have never imagined before.

All because some male viewers can't fathom why would most beautiful girl in school fall in love with basically the worst loser in school.


I want to believe that this backlash isn't coming from Japan..
 
09-14-12, 10:45 AM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2010
Posts: 306
Dessiato said:
ninjaluc79 said:
But still, not only AW is competing with SAO, both works done by the same author, but it's also suffering from backlash I have never imagined before.

All because some male viewers can't fathom why would most beautiful girl in school fall in love with basically the worst loser in school.


I want to believe that this backlash isn't coming from Japan..


So do I.
 
09-14-12, 1:43 PM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2012
Posts: 9
i don't think one of them gets level 10 in 1 episode so..
 
09-15-12, 4:37 AM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2010
Posts: 306
Sure thing. That Level 10 stuff might come into play by the time NN has to fight all the Six Kings, and that won't happen until after a long time.
 
09-15-12, 5:33 AM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2011
Posts: 334
ninjaluc79 said:
Sure thing. That Level 10 stuff might come into play by the time NN has to fight all the Six Kings, and that won't happen until after a long time.


This is the main goal of the series. To reach level 10. So if they end the series before they reach level 10 would really irritate me. They still have to properly introduce the other Kings.

That's why I think it should have some kind of continuation to tie up that loose end.
 
09-15-12, 5:50 AM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2012
Posts: 86
"Come on People! honestly speaking SAO is not all that great! its irritating seeing people being completely all over SAO! the fight scene is all that is good in the anime but everything else is crappy.

people only like SAO because it has great art and its an online game in which people nowadays takes interest in. people don't even give a thought about the whole story in which its just a ripped off from the anime ".hack""
- a comment of my friend


Well I'm really rooting for AW 2 coz it has a better story line than SAO well when you look at SAO it's only great because of it's epic fighting scene but doesn't have any good story well just look at the love story of it so plain boring.. and for AW the Season 2 might turn up well because only 3 legion was seen the anime the yellow legion(Crypt Cosmic Circus) the red legion (Prominence) and the Black Legion (Nega Nebulus) well the season 2 might be much more greater than the first series coz we might see a different picture of protagonist as you can see he has the Calamity armor so I'm really looking forward for it :)) and more Kuroyukihime action :)) well as for SAO they might just turn it into a fan service anime it'll be much more better
Modified by crescent917, 09-15-12, 6:15 AM
[IMG]http://cdn.myanimelist.net/signature/crescent917.png[/IMG]

"The End Justifies The Means"
-Niccolo Machiavelli
 
09-16-12, 2:00 AM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2010
Posts: 306
Of course, we haven't seen the White King at all (though it's all but stated that KYH HATES that person), and we have yet to see Leoniz and Great Wall (though Ash Roller is a member of Great Wall).

Really looking forward to Haru's deal with the Disaster Armor, as well, though it gives me the vibes similar to that of Peter Parker dealing with the Venom symbiote.
 
09-16-12, 6:37 AM

Offline
Joined: May 2012
Posts: 2032
I hope they will have a second season.

They’re introducing these bunch of misfits and I bet everyone would rage not knowing what happens to these guys or what this association is even planning.

And so many loose ends here & there & so on.

Otherwise I ain't gonna watch this anime over & over again despite what happened in this season which Antagonist (Nomi Seiji) was apparently a Twisted, Psychopathic character that I've ever seen in my life who make Haruyuki & other's life miserable (damn these paranoid & emotional feeling till it makes me RAGE all the time but some people never listened even though there's so many unexpected plot twist goin on in this show).
Modified by JeffreyZin, 09-16-12, 6:41 AM
 
09-16-12, 10:21 AM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2012
Posts: 86
Why the hell people type SAO as SOA? the fuck? and btw SAO and AW has different time slot so it won't conflict about the ratings and Kuroyukihime is much more hotter than Asuna... the love story in SAO is so plain once more...

I'm waiting for the news of season 2 or else I'm gonna wait for the translations of the Light Novels of AW I've already see a glimpse of a light novel of AW and is much more better read than SAO...
[IMG]http://cdn.myanimelist.net/signature/crescent917.png[/IMG]

"The End Justifies The Means"
-Niccolo Machiavelli
 
09-16-12, 10:37 AM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2011
Posts: 118
i would love to see a new series because i don't what the climax of this anime to be a fight with a school bully who has nothing to do with any legions if they are going to drop this anime i would have preferred them to stop at the black suit.
also the new episode of SAO was pretty bad where there acting as an old married couple and asuna is wearing granny clothes and i dont like that he joined a guild so if they continue down that road alot of people are gunna drop it
 
09-16-12, 11:21 AM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2011
Posts: 123
Axeria said:
In my opinion accel world s2 has a simply slim chance of geting serialized.

1.) there's nothing that really stounds out in that anime except KYH
2.)fans are enraged about haruyuki crying everysingle time and can't even decide firmly by himself
2.)The transition of the story is awful
3.) there weren't any real action, might as well turn in into a pure SoL.
3.)Burst link has a lot of insane plot holes
4)too many loop holes
5.) Kuroyukihime is slowly declining in rating maybe the fact that competing 2 anime's at a time AW/SOA
6.) SOA got a lot more feed back than accel world (FYI, they were written by he same author, there is a small chance that he'll try to improve SOA than Accel World
7.) A lot of character got usless after some time
8.) Male audience can't fondom that haruyuki is a pretty wussy bastard that got the most beautiful, one of the most respected student council president
9)seeing the feedback of accel world and SOA it's clear that they'll know concentrate SOA in making it better.
10) ending this series with nomi as the last boss would surely stain it reputation as an aniime. Surely, there on't be any kuroyukihime in this fight scen even if there was she probably wouldn't help.
11) There aren't character development so far. So many uninteresting plot that has been added. as of why I can't really say.


I disagree, and at the end of the day Blu-ray sales speak for more than anything else, at least as to what the intended audience thought of it. Japan doesn't care what MAL thinks, and so mistaking the two as being one in the same in opinion for moving forward would be a mistake. Clearly despite all the criticism here it still managed to sell well, even if that criticism was over there too.

AW has sold basically disc for disc what Hyouka has, and both have sold a solid amount [around 10k for first volumes]. Animes that pull around 3-5k can get second seasons, so certainly at 10k its comfortable enough.

Haruyuki may have been more of a loser in the beginning, but he has clearly slowly changed and gotten better and better over the course of the anime.

Chihayafuru was a real slim chance for an S2, and even it managed to get one.

Considering there is still a lot of source material, I expect an S2 unless something goes wrong internally within the studio, like signing contracts for staff and all that again.
 
09-20-12, 4:16 AM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2012
Posts: 16
^ what this guy said

All this comparison between SAO and AW lol....
Both are great anime in my opinion and i truely cant say which one is better than the other, SAO has many flaws as do AW but they both stand out as 2 best anime in 2012 in my book.

On topic, definitely hope they bring out a 2nd season and I think that it's highly likely that they will because
1) Theres still so much LN material to cover
2) HARU GOES ALL BADASS with the disaster, WHAT NEXT??? D:

Anyhow, my greatest fear is not that it doesn't get a 2nd season, but that the 2nd season will be a huge letdown to the first (hint hint Shakugan no Shana, although this isn't JC staff here lol....)
That or like what randomstuff said about internal complications with studio stopping them from making S2.

Fingers crossed >.<
 
09-21-12, 12:28 PM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2012
Posts: 1
^ Shakugan no Shana had a BAD storyline to begin with , and still managed to make three seasons out of nowhere , i hope that both SAO and AW will do so ;..;

SAO got higher chances for a second season as for : Alfheim , Gun Gale as continuation of the previous story instead of being sidestories/OVA's, and even so i wish to know why kuroyuki tries to avoid so much haru's and her sisters meeting D:

White Cosmos seems Awesome.
 
09-21-12, 1:09 PM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2012
Posts: 1122
Welp, definitely set up for a second season :D Not that I didnt see that coming. Cant wait
[img]http://i0.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/newsfeed/000/638/981/9cd.jpg[/img]
If you really want to fit in, just put Legend of the Galactic Heroes in your top 5 and have it be the only 10-rated anime in your list.
 
09-21-12, 1:31 PM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2012
Posts: 2539
I really hope they have a season 2 with all the memory erasing going on and lvl 10... I only had only prob hopefully they make Arita taller why does he have to be a midget
 
Top
Pages (14) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Help     FAQ     About     Contact     Terms     Privacy     AdChoices