MyAnimeList.net

Anime Information
Forums

Recent Posts | My Watched Topics | My Ignored Topics | Search

Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex 2nd GIG Episode 26 Discussion
MyAnimeList.net Forum »» Anime Discussion »» Series Discussion »» Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex 2nd GIG »» Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex 2nd GIG Episode 26 Discussion

Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »
View Poll Results: Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex 2nd GIG Episode 26 Discussion
5 out of 5: Loved it!

124 81.58%
4 out of 5: Liked it

22 14.47%
3 out of 5: It was OK

5 3.29%
2 out of 5: Disliked it

1 0.66%
1 out of 5: Hated it

0.00%
Voters: 152

08-20-11, 5:54 PM

That was a darn good ending!
Such junk...

09-12-11, 2:44 PM

Are there any sources where i can find most of the GiTs songs? I don't mean op/ed, i mean osts during the series.

09-30-11, 3:19 AM

That Tachikoma song. ;_;

3rd GIG, WHERE?!?

12-07-11, 11:55 AM

Pure. Fucking. Brilliance. This is how you end a series, tying everything together with perfect execution and leaving some space for the viewer to interpret and reflect on.

After all, my predictions failed. Motoko was ready to share the fruit of fate with Kuze and become the first of a new new world together with him, but the Tachikomas and Batou interfered with it and saved the day. That was a pretty darn great religious metaphoric scene. In the end I'm glad the upload of the refugees' ghosts and memories didn't happen. It would be too sad of an existence.

GitS SAC 2nd GIG really outdid itself with these last episodes. It's a good sign when a series leaves me so satisfied with the ending.

Highlights: Ishikawa's sudden Falcon Punch! How crazy was that? And Gouda being turned to shreds. Oh so satisfying moments. Batou going all out with the cross-shaped steel bar to save Motoko was pretty darn awesome as well.
Modified by Veethorn, 12-07-11, 12:03 PM

01-20-12, 12:08 AM

Topgunuk69 said:
soumi77 said:
Hey guys.... I'm a big fan of GITS and watch it like 1-2 a year since the past 4 years.... but I still am at a loss as to understanding some of the plot .... probably cuz I'm not that bright.... I'm wondering if you guys can help me understand a few points.... I would be glad if someone could take the time :D

1. Just before Gouda is shot, Batou recognizes the person who Gouda is with and curses him, (as does Aramaki) - who is that person?? I know someone said he's the guy from SAC1 episode 10, but I'm not sure
is it true - then what was his possible involvement?

2. Who was Kuze handed to (the guys that killed him with micromachines) Basically, who are 'they' in the dialogue from aramaki before Major jumps off the building in the last episode after killing gouda - "Hurry, we must not let 'them' kill him.

3. Who called the Americans to nuke Dejima? - I know this is probably a difficult question. The defence pact with the American Empire was being pushed by the sercretary General but the public funds and Posiedian's bribery suggest that Gouda (and his team) called the American's to nuke Dejima. Does that make sense or am I totally in the wrong in this?

4. As Gouda is leaving and gets a call which tells him the missile launch has failed, he states that "Either way, Kayabuki's actions will set the stage for a cold war" - what is he referring to? - cuz he thought that Kayabuki would go running to China for Support?

I guess this all is quite a mouthful, but I would be glad if someone could help me understand this a bit better, or maybe just have a discussion :D Thx in advance !

1. As I said before when he was killed Gouda was with American Empire CIA Agent Tanaka Watanabe.

The CIA were working with Gouda because his plan involved strengthening the ties between Japan and the American Empire with the Security Treaty.

The American Empire wants this deal just as much as Gouda because of Japan's Nuclear Scrubber micromachine technology, if they could create a situation where Japan shared this technology with them only they'd increase the value of their large nuclear arsenal dramatically and China/ The Ameri-soviet Union would be at a great disadvantage.

2. Kuze was killed by Watanabe's partner, CIA Agent Suzuki Sato.

3. Gouda requested the Nuclear attack from the American Empire probably via the CIA, they were happy to oblige since it'd help them to create the coalition with Japan.

4. I'm not entirely sure about this but he might have still been under the impression that Kayabuki was going to be ousted from office, in which case the more pro American government that replaced her would continue strengthening ties with the American Empire.

If Japan and the American Empire became a coalition that would put pressure on China and/ or the Ameri-Soviet Union, triggering an arms race between the superpowers and a new Cold War.

It was Gouda's intention to have such a Cold War in the first place because Article 9 of Japan's constitution limits the size of its army meaning that while The American Empire and its rivals are building up their arms Japan can prosper and benefit economically in the same way it did during the first Cold War.

thanks for the explanation :)

it's a shame Kuze died :(

i think Kuze and Motoko already knew each other in the ending.

especially when Motoko said in the end "you are"

it's a shame she wasn't able to save him in time. as people already suggested he might have uploaded his memories on the net or Motoko. especially since Kuze just finish putting back his wire before Batou arrive to the rescue.

and FUCK yeah Ishikawa beating the shit of that asshole CIA agent. don't fuck with Section 9 bitch.

finally Motoko killing gouda to shreds is satisfying as hell.

and fuck you Suzuki Sato and Suzuki Sato. you both should have died last season ago.

seeing Kuze dying made me sad :(

and yeah the final act with the Tachikonma's is sad :(

it's basically season 1 when Section 9 was being pursued by the military.

hopefully they'll be alive somewhere in the net.

Motoko's new hair is cool :P
Veethorn said:
Pure. Fucking. Brilliance. This is how you end a series, tying everything together with perfect execution and leaving some space for the viewer to interpret and reflect on.

After all, my predictions failed. Motoko was ready to share the fruit of fate with Kuze and become the first of a new new world together with him, but the Tachikomas and Batou interfered with it and saved the day. That was a pretty darn great religious metaphoric scene. In the end I'm glad the upload of the refugees' ghosts and memories didn't happen. It would be too sad of an existence.

GitS SAC 2nd GIG really outdid itself with these last episodes. It's a good sign when a series leaves me so satisfied with the ending.

Highlights: Ishikawa's sudden Falcon Punch! How crazy was that? And Gouda being turned to shreds. Oh so satisfying moments. Batou going all out with the cross-shaped steel bar to save Motoko was pretty darn awesome as well.
Veethorn said:

really love the religious references and i thank you for explaining well to me especially in the past few episodes.

it's a good thing batou and the tachikoma's save the day.

i just hope Kuze is somewhere in the net and knows the truth about Motoko.

freaking love this series and cannot wait to watch the summary and Solid State Society.

i wish more anime like this in this day of age.

heck a new Animatrix with the direction of the team of Stand Alone Complex would be awesome as hell!!!!!!!!

the only question i have in the series is who was the guy that killed the The Laughing Man Impostor in Ep 6 of first season and at the end episode of the season where he supposedly triggered a bomb at the parking lot??? probably CIA??

i was also hoping Aoi would show up in the final credits :P

FUCKING AMAZING soo many twists, love the characters, animation, music, even the insert songs in the end was gorgeous :)

FUCKING 20/10 and it is now one of my favorite series ever made!!!!!!
Modified by PrinceHeir, 01-20-12, 12:33 AM

01-22-12, 11:21 PM

another thing i want to add after watching the summary movie(Individual Eleven)

in the final episode of the series. where major blasts gouda's head off. she actually said the same words during the first episode. with the guy proclaiming he is part of the individual eleven.

that's actually pretty cool and amazing feat that i didn't notice the first time around.

they also didn't put any backstory about gouda besides the fact that he used to be a researcher and producer of the radioactive scrubber technology that made japan a powerful house of the world.they also didn't put any backstory about gouda besides the fact that he used to be a researcher and producer of the radioactive scrubber technology that made japan a powerful house of the world.

all in all i FUCKING LOVE this series and will now watch Solid State Society(will watch it twice since the 3D movie has a new opening) will compare the difference between the two :P

02-15-12, 1:57 PM

kodial said:
Tachikoma singing while sacrificing themselves, got to me. This is for me the most memorable scene I've watched in anime so far. Brilliant anime, brilliant ending.

in all honesty, i cried like a little girl; that segment tore me up because of how much they developed the Tachikoma's episode by episode, which made it THAT much harder to see them selflessly sacrifice themselves while singing a song about 'being alive'... i just couldn't hold it in

second-most tear-inducing moment, second only to Clannad ~After Story~

this show is so well produced and so clever... it's just an overall fantastic show

03-14-12, 6:17 PM

Amazing.

03-15-12, 4:39 AM

Brilliantly compiled. My, such an entertaining and intellectually challanging this anime was. 9/10, definitely.

06-08-12, 10:50 AM

Brain-fuckingly awesome...... You have to give complete attention to fully comprehend this series..... Better than season 1....

9/10

06-10-12, 3:21 PM

The Tachikoma died, again!! Dammit! They're the true heroes here.

Gosh. I really love that insert song, "I Do". Lovely, lovely song.

I love Ghost in the Shell. On to Solid State Society!!

07-14-12, 7:36 AM

Fantastic series, definitely one where you really need to pay attention to the details and focus on the main issues of war. I still love SAC though with its amazing stand alone eps, though this one had brilliant dividual episodes as well.

9/10

09-12-12, 10:26 PM

Sad that it had to end.
Rewatching all of Ghost in the shell lately; and I can say all the emotions that go through watching it all come back, like if it were the first time.
2nd Gig; gives us a background of every character, gives us sympathy for some characters.

God damn it.. Tachikoma!I'll miss those little guys; they were like innocent kids who were just trying to learn life.

loved all of Ghost in the shell. You CANNOT skip a thing while watching this or it'll make no sense/little sense.
Amazing audio was put into the episode too. The "I do" song as perfectly placed into it.
Music in the Ghost in the Shell series were amazing all throughout.
It was an amazing series, the ending was amazing. It sucked that the Tachikoma's were destroyed but.. somehow it made the series more meaningful in a way.
I don't like how in most anime people die; come back/mysteriously survive. It's like "Kay; enemies lost, good guys won" This way it's a loss on both sides and you can actually feel better when Ghouda is shot to death.

09-13-12, 6:31 AM

Zanzie said:
Sad that it had to end.
Rewatching all of Ghost in the shell lately; and I can say all the emotions that go through watching it all come back, like if it were the first time.
2nd Gig; gives us a background of every character, gives us sympathy for some characters.

God damn it.. Tachikoma!I'll miss those little guys; they were like innocent kids who were just trying to learn life.

loved all of Ghost in the shell. You CANNOT skip a thing while watching this or it'll make no sense/little sense.
Amazing audio was put into the episode too. The "I do" song as perfectly placed into it.
Music in the Ghost in the Shell series were amazing all throughout.
It was an amazing series, the ending was amazing. It sucked that the Tachikoma's were destroyed but.. somehow it made the series more meaningful in a way.
I don't like how in most anime people die; come back/mysteriously survive. It's like "Kay; enemies lost, good guys won" This way it's a loss on both sides and you can actually feel better when Ghouda is shot to death.

As much as I love this series, commending it for committing to offing characters on both sides is one praise I cannot give it.

Mod edit: spoilered the spoilers
Modified by koleare, 03-04-13, 1:46 PM

10-19-12, 8:13 AM

That was a great ending buy why do the Tachikomas have to always kill themselves at the end? God dammit! D=

"I like to expose what people hide. I'm an intellectual rapist." - Furudo Erika

10-24-12, 9:17 PM

Watching GitS requires your full, undivided attention. That being said, this is one of the best endings I've ever seen. Ishikawa knocking out that guy was hilarious. Plus in my opinion, the Tachikomas might have been the most developed characters in the show and that's saying something. So for them to sacrifice themselves (again) kinda got to me.

10-30-12, 3:11 PM

Awesome show.. really worth watching! Too bad though that the Tachikomas have to sacrifice theirselves again. And their songs are really cute. That was a very emotional scene..

11-20-12, 12:19 AM

Thank you Tachikomas, now I'm crying.

12-02-12, 12:29 PM

I have a question!

Although I'm really late to the show I just finished

I've been searching for this forever

But at the beginning of the episode where Major is telling the tachikoma's to gather up all the pre-area they can in cyberspace so they can upload and save the ghost and memories of 3 million people

From 1:30-2:50

What song/Ost is that playing??

That's the episode down there if you want to see what I'm talking about again to refresh any memories

http://www.watchcartoononline.com/ghost-in-the-shell-s-a-c-2nd-gig-episode-26-english-dubbed

12-26-12, 1:47 PM

Great ending to a great season. It was so enjoyable to see Goudas head blown off.

Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »
Help     FAQ     About     Contact     Terms     Privacy     AdChoices