Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Oct 7, 2016 1:44 AM

Oct 2012
She's blind, but stare straight to Batou twice.. What?

Poor girl, she won't even know the truth.. I think?
"Signature removed"
Dec 13, 2016 7:21 PM

Nov 2012
Trequartista said:
Its episodes like this that made me realize Batou is quite possibly the best character in the entire GitS franchise. While Major is pretty much the meaning of awesome and Togusa is quite an interesting character in his own right, there's something about Batou that makes it easy for the viewer to connect to him. Even though he is a cyborg, he's undoubtedly the most human among the cast, and that's probably the highlight in terms of the characterization.

exactly how i feel
Dec 19, 2016 5:11 PM

Oct 2012
Wow, this has to be GitS's finer points of storytelling. Usually, I find myself not stupefied by certain twists within the episode because I often understand that situation a few moments before the actual character does, but what I did NOT see coming was the girl being blind. I feel dumb since the clues were riddled before the realization; the blank stares, her heightened awareness, and sloppy handwriting. It all came together in an emotional package towards the end. Me and many others in this thread also thought Batou would had handed the gift to the girl... I kinda get why not, but I really, really wanted to see that happen, for the girl's sake.

Aside from that, my oh my, can we appreciate the snowy cityscapes scenes? Absolutely gorgeous!

Just this once, I'll fulfill whatever your wish is.
Jan 4, 2017 5:02 PM

Dec 2016
"Trans Parent" Haha smart name for the episode. On the other hand, I would have prefered Batou to say the correct answer for the girl :( Guess that aint posible considering his father will never come back.
Jan 31, 2017 2:04 PM

Jun 2013
This was kind of a downer episode, for Theresa anyway. That poor kid.

I wonder what she was looking at when Batou thought she noticed him when he was sitting on the statue or the bench. Was she just facing the statue because it reminded her of her father or does she have really well developed senses? I'd guess the latter, but I'm not sure.
Oct 8, 2017 12:46 AM
Mar 2017
I think my favorites of the series is Batou, along with Togusa, then the Tachikomas.
The question isn't "What anime do you like?" That is merely a list.
The question is "Why do you like it?" That tells a story. Your story.
Dec 10, 2017 10:55 AM

Apr 2017
gedata said:
Germany can't catch a break with these World Wars huh? So was that bit with Batou and the dog a nod to GITS 2?

Germany always gets ahead of other volks and gets slaughtered by so-called "democracy bringers", afterwards from the ruins a nationalistic party arises and gets ahead of other volk and countries, restarting the cycle.

Except this time, with third-world genetic contamination (i mean, crossbreeding and breeding out germanic people), it might be different. I still cannot foresee the future, but the present is dark AF

Nice episode btw. Great homage to germanic people and their strength.

--------
Jan 14, 2018 10:10 AM

May 2016
What a great ending Batou hold his tears I really loved that and the poor girl.
Sep 22, 2018 6:39 PM
Jul 2018
damn the episode even was sad ;_;

this was turn out to be interesting episode and it was fantastic to see how Batou handling the case.

BTW, things to note from wikipedia that: this episode pays homage to the Wim Wenders film Wings of Desire.
May 26, 2019 10:50 AM

Dec 2015
Really love this episode, even tho it's pretty sad.

That's why Batou (and Togusa) are my most favorite characters in this show. Heck, maybe slightly above Major. Even Tachikomas are up there with their bubbly and cute shenanigans XD
Dec 16, 2019 2:19 PM

Nov 2016
Oh my, look at what they did to Berlin.

And I didn't come here to feel, god dammit.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Mar 4, 2020 3:35 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
I love the "Wing of Desire" homage in this episode. Great atmosphere too, very Cowboy Bebop'esque.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Apr 8, 2020 9:17 AM

Dec 2014
My only gripe for this awesome episode is that we reached the bad guy by randomly stalking a kid, but maybe im being too critic for this second series of gits. Im also glad that the last episodes made me understand what is going on now. :)
May 21, 2020 7:39 PM
May 2018
What the actual fuck? So Batou reads aloud while infiltrating some random disabled kid's house, and the kid is blind but looks around. I toyed with the idea that she might be blind at first when she "spotted" Batou, but it didn't make sense how she would use the computer at all if that was the case. Questionable choices all around, I don't really know what to think about this episode. Just a slew of things that bother me, when at no point in the rest of the show did I even stop to think about stuff like this.
Ararararargi-sanMay 21, 2020 7:43 PM
Aug 26, 2020 9:49 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Damn, that was heartbreaking! Poor girl, she's going to lose her father now too.

I wonder what the father's objective is though.

All in all, it was a great episode though!
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Sep 3, 2020 3:48 AM

Jan 2013
What a lame episode.

Batou encounters the daughter of a terrorist and for some reason decides to stalk her (creepy!) - how convenient! The terrorist dad can afford all his terror publicity stunts, but can't get his daughter cyberbody parts, so she could walk and see - facepalm. Said daughter says her prayers out loud - another plot convenience. The girl is blind, yet writes in her diary, uses a computer without sound system support and can get around just fine, not to even mention that the orphanage which takes care of her doesn't give a damn if she goes out at night. Batou moralising was so cheesy too.

This is the most idiotic episode of GITS and my intelligence is offended.
Jan 3, 2021 12:43 PM

Sep 2011
I didn't like this ending at all..

C'mon, that little girl is both blind and physically disabled, they could have at least let the poor girl know the truth and hug her papa for the last time..
Dec 19, 2021 5:27 AM

Sep 2021
Tenshi wa...
Tenshi wa...
Tenshi wa... doko ni mou ikanai.

Damnnnn. Good filler episode.
Dec 16, 2022 5:19 AM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
This show always has room for an episode here and there to play with our feelings.

NYANPASU
5700XT

Jan 24, 2023 11:38 AM
Oct 2017
Just another fantastic episode. I thought we would deal with police fanfare again but the character this time was great, and that ending! Oh gosh, that ending. There is no right way to act in that moment, either Batou pretends to be her dad so she can get some closure, and stay with the lie the rest of his life, or tell her the truth and cause a traumatic experience for her. It was so heartbreaking, and added up withthe ending song... holy shit.

There is something not a right answer, not completely, or you give a girl a dad, or you end the dad's wrongdoings.
Jun 12, 2023 5:35 PM

Dec 2022
The girl has it rough: blind, impaired legs, poor, living in a children's hospice, and now her bomber dad is out of commission too.

Doubt she gets his present either.

Shaded Horizon

Mar 2, 2:47 PM
Dec 2018
I loved the episode very much. It was sad and the tragedy was touching to the core. I really loved the drawings, especially drawing the backgrounds and colors. You must be really tired of them.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» Is Gouda Kazund the most underrated villain/antagonist ever?

Sasakop - Mar 21, 2023

4 by Darkfiend47 »»
Mar 30, 5:19 AM

Poll: » Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex 2nd GIG Episode 26 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

aero - Oct 9, 2008

165 by MajedM1999 »»
Mar 3, 3:00 PM

Poll: » Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex 2nd GIG Episode 25 Discussion

aero - Oct 9, 2008

33 by MajedM1999 »»
Mar 3, 1:33 PM

Poll: » Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex 2nd GIG Episode 24 Discussion

aero - Oct 9, 2008

39 by MajedM1999 »»
Mar 2, 10:17 PM

Poll: » Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex 2nd GIG Episode 23 Discussion

aero - Oct 9, 2008

42 by MajedM1999 »»
Mar 2, 6:25 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.