MyAnimeList.net

Forums

Recent Posts | My Watched Topics | My Ignored Topics | Search

What's your age group?
MyAnimeList.net Forum »» Forum Games »» What's your age group?

Pages (6) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
View Poll Results: Age Group?
6-9

2 0.74%
10-13

4 1.49%
14-17

70 26.02%
18-21

118 43.87%
22-25

51 18.96%
26+

24 8.92%
Voters: 269

07-29-12, 10:33 PM

Hey all I wanted to do a poll and see what age group you guys fall into. For me i dont think it matters how old you are watching anime as long as u enjoy it.

I'm personally 20 and I've only been watching anime on and off for a year. I think now though i'm really to getting into it and will continue to watch more and more over the years. Mystery and Psychological series really keep me entertained. why do you guys watch? im interested.

07-29-12, 10:36 PM

Why do I watch? Escape. I love getting sucked into all these other worlds. 21 here.

07-29-12, 10:38 PM

FauxAzn said:
Why do I watch? Escape.

This. Pretty much exactly this. As to age, I'm 22.
Worships Asparagus.

07-29-12, 10:44 PM

FauxAzn said:
Why do I watch? Escape.

Pretty much what I was gonna say. Not to mention it's something that keeps me easily entertained. Not a lot of things do.

Age? 14.

Ghostony said:
Just did a quick skim.. Mahou Shojo is targeted to pedophile muslim extremists that live in california

07-29-12, 10:47 PM
Forum Moderator
FauxAzn said:
Why do I watch? Escape.
Well that pretty much hits the nail on the head.

Age, early twenties

07-29-12, 10:53 PM

23. I feel so old. Time goes by so fast :(

For those that are still in their teens, cherish it. Seriously. Life sucks after high school unless you're some jock or rich kid.

That's why I watch anime:

FauxAzn said:
Escape.

Also who the hell voted 6-9? Lol. Kids shouldn't be on forums :P

07-29-12, 10:53 PM

Im 19, got into anime this year. I watch it because i like anything to do with romance: novels, movies, now anime.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.

07-29-12, 10:54 PM

Yvese said:

For those that are still in their teens, cherish it. Seriously. Life sucks after high school unless you're some jock or rich kid.

Huh. I thought it was the other way around?

07-29-12, 10:58 PM

GoodOldBob said:
Yvese said:

Most would agree with Yvese, but there are those lucky few that either have enjoyable / cozy jobs or retire early and get to enjoy life to the fullest, doing whatever they want. Oh how I hope.

07-29-12, 11:01 PM

FauxAzn said:
GoodOldBob said:
Yvese said:

Most would agree with Yvese, but there are those lucky few that either have enjoyable / cozy jobs or retire early and get to enjoy life to the fullest, doing whatever they want. Oh how I hope.

Well great. Now I have a lot to look forward to after high school.

Ghostony said:
Just did a quick skim.. Mahou Shojo is targeted to pedophile muslim extremists that live in california

07-29-12, 11:01 PM

FauxAzn said:
GoodOldBob said:
Yvese said:

Yeah, now that I think about it, responsibility/paying the bills really suck.

07-29-12, 11:03 PM

Yvese said:
23. I feel so old. Time goes by so fast :(

That's why I watch anime:

I feel you def enjoy your youth and have fun while you can.. The older you get the more pressure and responsibilities you'll have. facing the real world... thts why there's anime lol

07-29-12, 11:08 PM

I'm 17.

I definitely agree with Yvese. A lot of anime being based in a school setting, I can kind of go back to those times, if only for 23 mins.
やがて気づく本当の気持ちは
そして 人間が大好きでした

07-29-12, 11:10 PM

noyoureinsane said:
FauxAzn said:
GoodOldBob said:
Yvese said:

Well great. Now I have a lot to look forward to after high school.
It's easy to say that as a freshman in highschool. Believe me.

Reality will set you down a few pegs once you get into the real world, especially in this economy where a lot of grads end up with massive amounts of student loan debt and not a job to be found ( Or atleast a well paying one ). That is of course unless you have connections and money to get you started in life. Not everyone is so lucky :(

EDIT: Just realized I read your post out of context lol. Meh, my point still stands though; being an adult is troublesome ;P. Enjoy highschool while you can. Definitely the best years of my life. Carefree and tons of joking around. Ah how I miss those days.
Modified by Yvese, 07-29-12, 11:19 PM

07-29-12, 11:11 PM

Yvese said:

I'm 25 and having a wonderful life, personally. I didn't have a good life growing up.

I watch/read because I love the shows/manga. Couldn't live without it. =3
Anime figure reviews:

07-29-12, 11:17 PM

I love that you put 6-9 as an option, was tempted to click it. I'm twenty and I watch anime for probably the same reasons as everyone else; I love art, stories, music, and how they all come together.

I can't say precisely how big of a factor this is, but it's definitely nice to have something that isn't distinctly Canadian, American, or British, like most of the "mainstream" entertainment I consume. I've come to really appreciate the Japanese language and the artistic flare, to where I feel like I need my fix, so to speak.

07-29-12, 11:31 PM

I'm 18, and just graduated high school last month :).

Main reason I got into it was because of why I watch/read anything else: I don't want to miss out on great characters or story just because it's different.

07-29-12, 11:36 PM

Over 9000.

Now that's out of the way, I'll be 21 this year. Why do I watch? To escape from reality.

07-29-12, 11:38 PM

I'm 15. Ooh I have to get used to saying that. B-Day was 20 days ago.

07-29-12, 11:41 PM

I'm 14.
I watch anime because It entertains me. And a little escape.
Saving up money for Cosplay.~

Pages (6) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Help     FAQ     About     Contact     Terms     Privacy     AdChoices