Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Aug 13, 2012 1:02 PM

Jan 2008
LightningBolt16 said:
gregthemaniac said:
I have to admit that I didn't really pick up any social satire or theme in this episode but there were probably some that I didn't get.
I didn't either, which was a bit disappointing since it's been done so well so far, in my opinion.

I personally thought this may have been the worst episode yet, though with how much I'm liking this show, that's not a complete insult - it was still generally entertaining.

No social satire? really? What about the fact they built a whole city to block EM waves (for the conspiracy nuts), and thus became a city of shut-ins afraid of going outside (hikikomori) which is a big issue in Japan. On top of that, there was the festival which whole purpose was to celebrate humankind by using vast amounts of electricity without considering the consequences of overuse (which would have killed the fairies via EM waves)...sounds pretty similar to our way of using the world's resources without regard until it's nearly dry as a desert or Hollywood cash cow that had long died.

Also--Friender...is that you!? If the deadly dog robot was a indeed a nudge to Casshern, then it seems likely a homage to the entire franchise of Chasshern/Casshan which was mainly about the inevitable destruction of the world at the hands of humans, and/or robots that built them (not including the live-action film which had zombies instead of self-aware robots)...makes sense seeing as how this show is set in the future where much has been destroyed.

Hydnlife said:
0f
You fall from the 20th floor of a skyscraper-Pancake
You take a bullet at Point-black rage-you die
You face your rival in a final showdown-you lose

Seeing that face-Priceless

more social commentary there for those of you who think there is none in this episode, mentioned by Hydnlife, which are all typical cliches in manga/anime/light novels/film, to have the protagonist or another essentially not die or lose in dire situations.
Estoy_GordoAug 13, 2012 1:15 PM
Aug 20, 2012 7:08 AM

Jul 2012
LMAO at this episode. So good.

Toshino Kyoko!!!
Aug 22, 2012 12:56 PM
May 2011
4kicks said:
LightningBolt16 said:
gregthemaniac said:
I have to admit that I didn't really pick up any social satire or theme in this episode but there were probably some that I didn't get.
I didn't either, which was a bit disappointing since it's been done so well so far, in my opinion.

I personally thought this may have been the worst episode yet, though with how much I'm liking this show, that's not a complete insult - it was still generally entertaining.

No social satire? really? What about the fact they built a whole city to block EM waves (for the conspiracy nuts), and thus became a city of shut-ins afraid of going outside (hikikomori) which is a big issue in Japan. On top of that, there was the festival which whole purpose was to celebrate humankind by using vast amounts of electricity without considering the consequences of overuse (which would have killed the fairies via EM waves)...sounds pretty similar to our way of using the world's resources without regard until it's nearly dry as a desert or Hollywood cash cow that had long died.

Hmm. Never said there wasn't any. Merely said I didn't pick up on it. >.>

Thanks for pointing it out, anyways.
Nov 11, 2012 2:52 PM

May 2012
Great episode with an amazing cliff hanger, lets find out what happens next!
Nov 12, 2012 6:48 PM

Aug 2011
Not as good as the first 2 arcs.
Somewhat confusing.

♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥
Dec 9, 2012 4:37 PM

Jun 2009
I lol'ed at the fairy book. It was endlessly amusing how it poked fun at all those cliches. The hikikomori thing that 4kicks pointed out is interesting as well. Still, I don't think I digged this episode as much as the previous ones.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Feb 1, 2013 10:45 PM

Jun 2009
still pro as ever with her knife isnt she? Totally doubt anyone here can stab that hopping amoebia in the dead center like that. Listen to me: she's yuno for sure
Feb 27, 2013 5:16 PM

Jul 2009
Whoa, so many things going on in this episode O_O What are these "monolith" things?! LOVED the fairy manual she got ... seems like you're outta luck if you don't experience any fairies :( NO WONDER my life hasn't been going well ... gotta find some fairies! :P
Electricity festival? Uh ... okay o_O I thought they were barely able to maintain the minimum ... so they have a FESTIVAL? Lol :P Pion is ... sure interesting O_O Pretty epic how she came in and defeated that robot dog at the end :O
Oyag ... is THIS the companion that Pion was searching for? Those slime things are CREEPY! O_O Figures that she'd get lost with Assistant randomly somewhere ...
Seems like the fairies can't stand EM waves ... that's certainly interesting. Who would have thought that a fairy would have transformed himself into a good luck charm?! That's pretty dang awesome XD
Mar 27, 2013 9:55 PM

Jan 2013
Didn't like this episode.
Just not interesting enough
Apr 19, 2013 4:35 AM

Jan 2008
NihonFalcom said:
"HELPU ME DESU"
Shes on my favorite list now. Period.
Seriously, Watashi is the best thing that ever happened to anime.

/agree and same here... I just love her, she alone would make this show great, add to that the faeries and the general weirdness and it becomes fantastic :D
"Truth is always a delusion." - Friedrich Dürrenmatt
May 22, 2013 12:31 PM

Apr 2013
I love how surreal thsi anime is I could watch it all day, this episode reminded me of the endless eight for a little bit but atleast she didn't have to do any homework to get out of it.
Feb 10, 2014 9:03 AM

Nov 2011
4/5

Yet another episode cryptic, as usual, that leaves many doubts and questions.
What do you want to mean those elements in the plot? Storytelling at times quite absurd and consequently comic! XD
Certain refinements in the narrative deserve an Oscar!
Drawings and animations of similar level to the previous episodes, not bad.
Mar 16, 2014 1:35 AM

Aug 2013
I didn't quite get what was happening but it was entertaining nonetheless.

So they're using the satellite to redirect power to their Electric Festival? No wonder humanity has declined lmao.
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
Jun 16, 2014 10:49 PM

Mar 2012
Why the heck did Pion say "pi" twice and the second time in a deeper voice? She did that when saying the "o" in Oyage too, I was like "the hell? lololol"
Jul 6, 2015 3:18 PM

Oct 2014
worst episode so far
boring
Nov 15, 2015 1:44 PM

Jul 2013
Awww, I don't want the fairies to die. But they do creep me out with their forever open mouths lol.

Cool new character.
Oct 21, 2016 4:48 AM

Mar 2015
OP song: 4.5/5

Okay episode and not boring.

Grandfather is voiced by 1st gen Pokemon Professor, right?

3/5
Jun 14, 2017 9:18 PM

Jul 2014
A whole city of NEETs...
Jul 23, 2017 9:17 AM

Jan 2014
Uh EM waves?

Light is comprised of EM waves too so wth??
Mar 12, 2018 10:18 PM
Mar 2017
00:28 said "Thank you!" in Spanish
It's amazing that I stopped seeing this anime just because it seemed strange to me 1 year ago ... now I just want to know what will happen.
The question isn't "What anime do you like?" That is merely a list.
The question is "Why do you like it?" That tells a story. Your story.
Jan 17, 2019 6:16 PM

May 2013
Wait... she's the black blob..? Whutt. Lol
Dec 7, 2020 5:54 PM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Really nice episode, especially for that whole exploration part which is really original to be honest
Feb 15, 2021 8:54 AM

Oct 2017
Joshu didn't even do anything at all, not even communicate with his hands or anything. Why did he need to be there all of the episode?
Mar 27, 2021 11:40 AM

Feb 2020
A little more interesting than the manga arc at least.
Mar 14, 2022 8:45 PM
May 2021
The fairy that appear out of nowhere was really funny for me don't about others but I'm really enjoying every ep the dialogues are really good.
Sep 14, 2022 9:01 PM

Sep 2017
girl has stopped working

Without change,we end up becoming the very person we hate.

I was dead until the moment I met you. I was a powerless corpse pretending to be alive. Living without power, without the ability to change my course, was bound to lead me to a slow death.

Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Jinrui wa Suitai Shimashita Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

prismheart - Jul 22, 2012

124 by Safrichh »»
Mar 2, 7:54 PM

Poll: » Jinrui wa Suitai Shimashita Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

tsubasalover - Aug 26, 2012

118 by kirA_-_ »»
Mar 1, 5:29 PM

Poll: » Jinrui wa Suitai Shimashita Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

tsubasalover - Aug 19, 2012

144 by kirA_-_ »»
Mar 1, 4:54 PM

Poll: » Jinrui wa Suitai Shimashita Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

prismheart - Aug 12, 2012

132 by kirA_-_ »»
Mar 1, 4:04 PM

Poll: » Jinrui wa Suitai Shimashita Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

prismheart - Aug 5, 2012

126 by kirA_-_ »»
Feb 29, 3:28 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.