Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Jul 30, 2012 2:32 AM

Sep 2010
Why those Cosplaying bitches picking on Ibara? Another advertising effort?
Jul 30, 2012 2:46 AM
Community Admin
sunny moment

May 2010
The mystery kinda bored me a bit this episode. Fukube totally wanting the solve the mystery and Oreki not giving a stuff about it was interesting I guess; especially the way Fukube reacts and his expressions.

3/5
Jul 30, 2012 3:23 AM
Jun 2012
twonline said:
Why those Cosplaying bitches picking on Ibara? Another advertising effort?

No, I don't think so. They're sycophants trying to suck up to Ayako, who obviously have had an argument with Mayaka about what the manga club ought to be doing. Ayako doesn't seem to appreciate it, however. Not very farsighted of them. What are they going to do once their sempais graduate?
Jul 30, 2012 3:24 AM

Oct 2011
that Satoshi's determination in the end :3

I love this arc of Hyouka because there is more emphasis on character development than the mystery :) But the mystery itself is still awesome!
Jul 30, 2012 4:31 AM

Jul 2011
Pretty good episode, although I doubt that Satoshi will solve the mystery without Houtarou.

Jul 30, 2012 5:04 AM

Jul 2009
Omg, Vocaloid cosplayers, stop being such BITCHES!
Poor Mayaka D:
Jul 30, 2012 5:59 AM
Mar 2012
A Brilliant episode as usual 5/5
This anime is really shaping up to be one of the best anime of the year, i'm really looking forward to seeing who the culprit is....

anyway, does anyone else think that
Jul 30, 2012 6:20 AM
Nov 2010
Aside from Satoshi being a lil try hard and jelly this episode, I found it quite interesting. Oreki and the girl's reactions were entertaining enough. And so.. oreki's straw millionaire legend continues.
Jul 30, 2012 6:20 AM

Aug 2011
This episode was amazing! A little bit of character development in this one. I absolutely loved it!

I feel sorry for Ibara; she didn't deserve all those bad remarks from the cosplayers! But she'll show 'em who's boss somehow. I hope. And somehow Chitanda seems a little odd to me, at the end.
Oreki's being as calm as ever, which is something I truly like about him. I loved it when he made that "Straw Millionaire" reference.

Now, all my attention has gone to Satoshi. I'm really psyched at the fact that he just revealed his intentions for beating Oreki; I do hope he gets to solve it, somehow. I wonder what was it that he wanted to say to Oreki, though. Something like, "I'll beat you/I'll find the culprit before you do", perhaps?

Anyway, this episode was really great, as compared to the past few, imo. I'll be eagerly looking forward to the next one.
Jul 30, 2012 6:56 AM

May 2010
Poor Ibara being bullied by Vocaloids
Jul 30, 2012 7:39 AM

Mar 2011
good episode:)
Jul 30, 2012 8:40 AM

Jun 2010
This series just took a level in awesomeness with the characters' development. So far we only had Oreki slowly getting slightly more proactive (very slowly and very slightly). Now the rest of the characters joins with their problems and their not just your usual stuff.

So Fukube is jealous of Oreki, who's clearly more talented in the mystery regard and has better results without even trying. But they are friends, so it can get pretty ugly if they don't confront the issue.

Chitanda of all people has difficulties dealing with other people, specifically she's afraid of being a nuisance (unlike with Oreki, huh?). Also a problem - she can get blamed for not doing what she was supposed to do - ask for various favors.

And finally Mayaka. Her problem I don't clearly understand, to be honest... It seems like a silly argument about whether manga can be a masterpiece or not, but it's clear there's more to it. Also it looks like she wants to be self-sufficient, being unwilling to ask Fukube for help and being angry (at first) for Oreki who helped with the cooking contest.

I don't usually add a series to my favorites until I watch the whole thing, but f*ck it, Hyouka's too awesome not to be on my FavList. Had to replace Summer Wars, too bad...
Jul 30, 2012 8:48 AM

Sep 2010
Satoshi will fail.
IMHO, Juumonji already stole something from Kotenbu.
It's Mayaka's favourite manga - Corpse by the Evening (Korupusu etc.)
2e16nig.png
Jul 30, 2012 9:29 AM

Jul 2012
Mayaka's costume is from 「ひみつのアッコちゃん」(Himitsu no Akkochan)
It is a very famous classical anime in Japan.
Akko-chan always has the magical compact, she transforms herself with it.

When Mayaka gave a compact to Houtarou, he pointed it was very important for Akko-chan.
stargazer2893Jul 30, 2012 9:36 AM
Jul 30, 2012 9:44 AM

May 2012
i personally think that this festival part is more interesting than previous part
[/URL]
Jul 30, 2012 10:23 AM

Feb 2010
finally an episode i liked since the festival arc started.

LOL at satoshi being so focused about beating oreki and then showing oreki not giving a single fuck.
Jul 30, 2012 10:39 AM

Sep 2009
Gotta love Satoshi's determination to beat Oreki to solving the case. His development is going quite nicely. It'd be interesting if he could get ahead of Oreki just this once, but lol yeah I doubt it. Y'know what they say, jelousy in friendship is usually a sense of admiration.
Jul 30, 2012 11:02 AM

Feb 2010
Ksa said:
Satoshi will fail.

Ooooo good theory.. I like it. :)

pretty good episode + I'm glad they are 100% looking for Juumonji.
Jul 30, 2012 11:21 AM

Jan 2011
This episode was meh, it was a lot of fun to watch but nothing really happened.
Next episode should be the end of this arc.
Ksa said:
Satoshi will fail.

This is possible, I wonder if it's the case.
I almost never read discussions after I made my post, if you want to reply PM me or post on my profile page.
Jul 30, 2012 11:36 AM

May 2008
Oreki never ceases to make me laugh. In the beginning all he wanted was to enjoy his lunch but instead he's caught up in solving the case of the School Festival thief.

I'm really enjoying this arc and its great to see more character development for both Satoshi and Mayaka. "I'm curious" to see if Satoshi can solve the case before Orkei can.

On a side-note, the Vocaloid cosplayers were jerks.
Jul 30, 2012 12:13 PM
Jan 2011

Hummm, I think a nice panty shot would be nice in this angle.
Jul 30, 2012 12:15 PM

Apr 2012
Nasty001 said:

Not a good idea... I like that this anime has a lack of fanservice.
Jul 30, 2012 1:28 PM

Apr 2012
I know I repeat myself but this arc is great and what I was thinking this Anime should be like throughout.
Chitanda was so adorable again.. <3 And it was so clear that she fails with her clumsy way when talking to the Newspaper Club guy. :D
There was also a lot of development between Satoshi and Mayaka when she was out there to "get some fresh air". But I don't get all that ranting against Mayaka in the Manga Club.
But it starts to annoy me that she just can't open her mouth and say something to those mean bitches. I can't stand it when people aren't able to open their mouths.
Not to forget Tani-kun. I don't get that lame characters purpose but he starts to piss me off. But maybe that's exactly his purpose? Satoshi should just open his mouth and say what he has on his mind as well.~
And Oreki kinda confessed when he said he just can't ignore Eru. hihi

Still a great episode. But jeez, we're now already at episode 15. Time's flying by..
Jul 30, 2012 2:17 PM

Nov 2010
This episode seemed to off with Oreki
He talked so much! (for a change)
I feel so bad for Mayaka, seems she's been treated like an outcast in her Manga club

The mystery was fun to follow, Chitanda doing cute things again around the festival.
My guess for the culprit would be from the last club in the ABC order or a club that was dissolved due to low members
Jul 30, 2012 2:18 PM

Dec 2011
Another great ep, that ED was special~ but lol Oreki never fails to impress me xD

"Oh? They're selling stuff online too?"

Just like him to be soo laid back while everyone else is really tense and working hard during this episode xP
Jul 30, 2012 4:06 PM

Jul 2008
Ksa said:
Satoshi will fail.

Nice job if that turns out to be true.

And yeah, Satoshi won't solve the case lol.
Jul 30, 2012 4:22 PM
Oct 2010
The greatness just goes on and on.

On a more broader note, I'm curious how they are planing the rest of the episodes. Hyouka is completed with 5 volumes and as I understand it this arc takes place in the third one. This leaves us with only six episodes to conclude the current arc and adapt the two last volumes. Seems tight/rushed if you ask me.
Jul 30, 2012 6:25 PM

May 2011
I was constantly interrupted while watching this episode which really brought down the enjoyment. ._.
I'm really loving Mayaka and her voice actress. I hated her as Inori from Guilty Crown but now that she's voicing a character with emotion it's really great to hear.
Jul 30, 2012 7:24 PM

Jul 2012
I'm really liking the character development that a lot of the main cast (I can't really say much for Chitanda - I haven't seen much growth in her) has been getting. This show has really improved from the first episode and I'm glad I'm still sticking through with it. Next episode looks like it'll be interesting as well.

I wanted to cry for Inaba. Those girls need to keep their mouths shut. Hopefully something happens where they'll get put in their place next episode. 5/5, can't wait to see what next week'll bring us.
Jul 30, 2012 7:53 PM

Feb 2012
SakuraRainbow said:
Am I the only person who thinks that the culprit has already stolen from the Classics Club and everywhere else they were planning?
Nope. I thought that too, so when Fukube went to the Magic club trying to catch the culprit in the act i was on Oreki's side that the culprit wouldn't take items during performances.
The Classics Club doesn't really have something worthy of taking other than their anthologies and now that mirror given to Oreki. If the culprit already took something, it's probably something small if none of the members have noticed and would have had to have been taken before Oreki started his post, otherwise he would have noticed. Most of their club room consist of uninteresting objects aside from that cactus that oddly stands out.
However, the note they left is pretty noticeable, so i began to doubt this theory because no one has found one yet.
Ksa said:
Satoshi will fail.
I had this theory as well. Her missing manga has been brought up so many times that you can't just ignore the possibility that the thief behind her manga is behind all of these other stolen items.
It makes me wonder in what order these items are being stolen though. The culprit could be taking them randomly, since at one point if was a juice box that just went out of someone's sight after they put it down. For other items, however, the culprit could have easily taken the items without being noticed, and the clubs might not have realized until they needed them.

My dumb theories aside, this was a great episode. Intense, unlike most of the time. Oreki had some kick in him this time around when it came to Chitanda.
Jul 30, 2012 9:00 PM
Jan 2012
Hehe never gonna happen but Oreki x Mayaka FTW. I always love their interactions, and this episode amped up their tsundere attitudes towards each other.

This isn't the first time Mayaka and Oreki were alone together in the clubroom either. Unlike last time though, she stayed to keep Oreki company! Albeit it was because she did not want to go back to the Manga Club yet, it still made me happy to see.

Also the "Why don't you just ignore her" line threw me for a loop. Some could interpret as Mayaka purposely trying to take Oreki's mind off of Chitanda, but he had to go and say he couldn't! Mayaka quickly picked up on this too. All hopes dashed for a Oreki x Mayaka ending :(
Jul 31, 2012 2:45 AM
Feb 2012
Didn't took our master detective long to figure out the pattern behind the thefts.
Comparing this week's episode to last week's one I must say that it got more depth- something I'm pleasantly surprised about. Satoshi trying to solve the case on his own (guess being the database isn't enough after all), Mayaka having her own problems in her manga club and Chitanda going all out to advertise the classics club; while all that is happening, Oreki is as calm as ever while casually selling some books and solving the Juumoji case. 5/5
The release of atomic energy has not created a new problem. It has merely made more urgent the necessity of solving an existing one. - Albert Einstein
Jul 31, 2012 3:30 AM

Jan 2010
porkypink said:
The director must really hate vocaliods.

This made me laugh. Interesting way to look at it.
Jul 31, 2012 3:31 AM

May 2008
Vocaloids vs Mayaka :D

Satoshi go and solve the mystery for once ! im sure Oreki will be happy LOL

Awesome Sig by Lailide
Jul 31, 2012 4:16 AM

Jan 2010
Ksa said:
Satoshi will fail.

Wouldn't that belong to the manga club though? I don't recall it ever being in the Classics clubroom.
Jul 31, 2012 4:25 AM

Nov 2011
Is Satoshi jealous?

Join the MSP Club for an in-depth look at score progressions and other stats of currently airing anime
Jul 31, 2012 4:39 AM

Jan 2011
GarLogan78 said:
Ksa said:
Satoshi will fail.

Nice job if that turns out to be true.

And yeah, Satoshi won't solve the case lol.
no! Satoshi will..lol

greenmush said:
Vocaloids vs Mayaka :D

Satoshi go and solve the mystery for once ! im sure Oreki will be happy LOL
yea..
Jul 31, 2012 5:00 AM

Jul 2010
There's a lot going on, it's getting pretty serious.

Mockman said:
Ksa said:
Satoshi will fail.

Wouldn't that belong to the manga club though? I don't recall it ever being in the Classics clubroom.
I was thinking of this too, but as Mockman said; didn't she have the manga at home? Isn't it technically from the Manga Society? I wonder if there really is a link between the mystery and the missing manga.

Meanwhile everyone except Houtarou is bothered by something. Those bitches in the manga society keep picking on Mayaka and it's wearing her out. Good thing her upperclassmen aren't that bad. Speaking of being worn out; Chitanda is getting a little tired of running around asking for favors. I wonder if Satoshi will solve this one. He's getting a little jealous of Houtarou's knack for solving mysteries.

Jul 31, 2012 5:47 AM

Jul 2011
I liked everything in this episode!
Jul 31, 2012 8:18 AM

Sep 2011
jelly Satoshi is kinda kawaii :PPP
Jul 31, 2012 10:31 AM
Jul 2018
Kohei Tanaka is doing such a great job here. I love how he uses his strings and the piano, constantly with awesome rich chords. <3
Btw, Houtarou is just a boss.
Looking forward for the next episode.
removed-userJul 31, 2012 3:10 PM
Jul 31, 2012 11:16 AM

Jul 2012
Not that impressed with the episode. But I love the mystery coming back.
Damn, I wish I was Japanese. Then the ABC letter thing would make more sense to me. LOL

Ooh Satoshi's gettin' angry. XD

DAYUM Masashi's hot.
Jul 31, 2012 11:52 PM

Mar 2012
While I did find this episode a little more dull than the usual Hyouka episode, I found it to be a pretty good transition episode just from the emotional standpoint. Outside of Oreki who hasn't done a whole lot during the festival, I get the sense of tension felt by the other club members. Mayaka is really struggling with her relationship with the other Manga Society members, Eru is struggling trying to communicate and persuade the other clubs to sell their anthology, and Satoshi is REALLY starting to get jealous of Oreki's mystery-solving abilities. Understanding this is a transition episode, I can live with it being kinda boring because the setup for the next few episodes looks VERY good.
Aug 1, 2012 5:18 AM
Jun 2012
Just been thinking about one thing. Shoko tells us that a Haruna wrote the script for the manga Mayaka mentioned, but someone else did the art. She also says that Ayako was friends with Haruna, and that she might know who did the art. And then she says that there is a secret about Ayako she won't tell Mayaka.

Doesn't that look like Ayako was the one who provided the art? We know she can draw well, from that poster competition.
Aug 1, 2012 1:51 PM

Jun 2009
I have very mixed emotion about this arc so far...

I just want to see the four of them smiling and solving a case together again.

The atmosphere is quite heavy with the other 3 going through serious character development while Oreki is... trading items.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 2, 2012 12:49 AM
Jul 2018
And the mystery continues. I wonder who will be behind it. I think it's an interesting mystery and hopefully it'll have an interesting explanation. I wonder if Satoshi will be Houtarou this time. It seems like he has become more and more jealous as the series has gone on.

Can't believe there are only 6 episodes left. That makes me sad. If there is any hope for some sort of coupling in this series to happen, it'll have to start soon.
Aug 2, 2012 1:17 PM

Apr 2011
Always the Watson, never the Holmes."

I know that feel, Fuku-Chan.
Aug 2, 2012 1:33 PM

Jun 2011
Wow, Hatsune Miku is a fucking bitch!
Aug 3, 2012 1:11 PM

Mar 2012
itsok2bu said:
Nasty001 said:

Not a good idea... I like that this anime has a lack of fanservice.

Agree, when 70% of the new anime is stuff full of fan-service, we don't need another one.
Aug 3, 2012 9:09 PM

Feb 2010
Love it how everyone was so concerned and caught up in events at the end, and Houtarou's just shopping online.

Everything's set for a good conclusion, looking forward to seeing it unravel nicely.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Hyouka Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Yumekichi11 - Aug 5, 2012

186 by Dasfonia »»
Apr 16, 9:53 PM

» No romance here

KainiusTheGreat - Mar 10

25 by Margrave_Masane »»
Apr 13, 12:48 PM

Poll: » Hyouka Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Yumekichi11 - May 6, 2012

268 by Cammell »»
Apr 8, 1:27 PM

Poll: » Hyouka Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Veronin - Apr 22, 2012

491 by Prosper20 »»
Apr 5, 7:19 PM

Poll: » Hyouka Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Yumekichi11 - Aug 19, 2012

184 by dspr »»
Mar 3, 5:19 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.