Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Jan 26, 2013 3:27 PM

Nov 2012
Hmm, and so the mystery deepens~
I thought it was interesting to see conflicts arising between the characters, although I hope all 4 of them are able to be open to one another about their problems and become closer....
Gah, those girls in manga society are vicious ._.
Satoshiii just give Ibara a hug or somethingg ><
Mar 27, 2013 2:51 PM
Aug 2012
this series has slowed down so much and become drawn out this section of the anime has been several episodes of not great filler when will the series speed up again atm i wld drop an initial rating of 8 to around 6 atm there is a case soon it seems but it seems small for so much build up hope fully it will pickup again
Apr 5, 2013 9:06 PM

Jan 2013
Yawn, too slow.
Not enough romantic development.
Or anything surprising for that matter.
Jun 23, 2013 1:12 AM

Nov 2011
5/5

Interesting the story and the mystery of Mayaka to school, even the good part that involves Satoshi. Fabulous design, pleasing animations. A pretty good episode, deserves the highest marks.
Jul 1, 2013 10:39 PM

Feb 2012
The heck is wrong with the girls in Mayaka's club... ><

Chitanda was cute at the end with her pillow ahahah.
Jul 25, 2013 11:46 AM

Jan 2012
Loved that this episode developed Satoshi's character. Seems like he's jealous of Houtaro's awesome deductive abilites. Really am rooting for him to solve this case before that mushroom-haired dude does. If Oreki solves it... I'm scared Satoshi might 'change' :/
And those girls in manga -_-
And never would've guessed Mayaka's trying to write her on manga!! :O
Maybe Anjou's gonna give her advice on it, and they'd become freinds :D
Really am enjoying this festival >.<
Aug 11, 2013 9:26 AM

Nov 2012
Aw the special ED!
Sep 26, 2013 3:27 AM

Oct 2009
Them bitches need to stop picking on Mayaka >:(
Hmm so Satoshi wants to beat Oreki, rivalry?
Dec 26, 2013 11:34 PM

Jun 2012
Seems to be picking up again. Good.

"No matter how far you travel, you can never get away from yourself."
-- Murakami Haruki
Dec 31, 2013 9:33 PM

Sep 2012
Vocaloid cosplayers needs to shut up once in a while.
Jan 2, 2014 2:35 AM

Jun 2013
September said:
I'm also very curious about the trading thing, always wondering what Houtarou will use each item for and what he'll get next! And honestly, I don't think Satoshi will beat Houtarou, no matter how eager and determined he might be to solve it, it can't be helped - Houtarou just has that talent, like Irisu said in a previous episode. He's gonna be able to do it even if he says he's not that interested, ha ha.

This.

The trading thing had the pattern. Yeah right. I understand Satoshi, because all of us have insecurities, right? But with Oreki's talent... Oreki doesn't even care, lol. I can feel you, bro....

Those Vocaloid cosplayers... Ugh. They were being too harsh. I laughed when someone said the writers and director of this anime probably hate Vocaloid.

Excited for the next episode!
Jan 15, 2014 9:49 AM

Jul 2013
Sort of a serious atmosphere then the previous episodes. This Juumoji one became a mystery for Oreki and Satoshi as they look for clues of his motivation.

Oh wow Mayaka is getting picked on by one of those Manga Club Members, until a friend of hers just back her up :D.

And Satoshi is persistent of capturing Juumoji as he sees Oreki as a rival to him, though he thinks that he changed a lot because of Chitanda.

Mar 19, 2014 12:11 AM

Jun 2012
lol that one dude with the bowl cut reminds me of someone I knew. Always pushing to compete with me. .
Irisuuuuuuuuu<3 haha idk why. .

It's really interesting adding a mystery to the cultural festival ^^

Mar 25, 2014 6:00 PM

Aug 2013
This episode had a strange gloomy atmosphere.

It look like Satoshi is getting complexed because of Houtarou deduction talent. When he said ''You show us the infinity of possibility I want to reach'', he seemed really envious.

Poor Mayaka, getting bullied and no one helping her... These girls are fucking cunt.

I wonder if the thief will really target the Classical Litterature club, there is also that other club they named. Also, it's a bit a weird theory, but couldn't the thief be that punk, that guy with the gun that gave Houtarou the water pistol and other people? Houtarou espected that it was the AK that was stolen, but they never said that it really was. What if the guy with the AK stole the gun, have gone to the litterature club to do some recon and then gave the gun to get rid of it? And that punk also seemed suspicious. Maybe the other stolen stuff are circulating in the school without people noticing it.

It seem that even Chitanda can get exhausted :P
She really failed when she asked that guy, again xD
And they scammed her so much, it's the Classical Litterature club that found the secret behind the name and his modo operandi.

That guy that keep annoying Satoshi is fucking annoying.
minouneetzoeMar 25, 2014 6:11 PM
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie
Mar 28, 2014 2:30 PM

Apr 2011
I really hope that there is some romantic tension between Satoshi and Mayaka coming up.
Jul 23, 2014 3:29 PM

Jul 2009
Another great episode ... I'm really liking this arc :D Seems like we're really getting to see the charas other that Houtarou ... something's definitely bothering Mayaka and Satoshi. Seems like he wants to be the one to solve this case ... not to mention he doesn't really care about the other guy who keeps challenging him (who can't take a hint, apparently :P)
The thief's following the hiragana order! Pretty interesting way of doing things, and most people seem to have picked up on it. Poor Chitanda wasn't very good at using the advice Irisu gave her XD Then we get Mayaka and a discussion about how her senpai Ayako was friends with someone who wrote the manga she liked ... except she moved away? I'm a little confused about that part, I mean why wouldn't she defend the manga then?
Ah well, excited to see what's gonna happen next! :D
Aug 30, 2014 10:36 PM

Aug 2009
vocaloid gang need to quiet down...

hang in there mayaka and chitanda!

Good luck Satoshi
Nov 26, 2014 5:53 PM

Jul 2014
I feel bad for Mayaka, but this is exactly the drama that this show needed. Don't want such a great girl to be sad but looks like she may be uncovering a little mystery for the sake of herself.

I have some more thoughts but I need to watch the next episode asap so I'll keep them to myself!
May 21, 2015 11:55 PM

Jul 2008
Ugh I hate group bullies.

Well sorry Fubuki but I think Houtarou will pull this one out too.
Jun 8, 2015 5:57 AM
Jun 2015
It seem that satoshi want to catch this jumonji guy because jealous of houtarou?Tbh I had the feeling that houtarou gonna catch jumonji first
Dec 24, 2015 3:28 PM

Sep 2014
Oreki's taking a break. Ep 15.

Plot: THe CC officially goes after the Juumonji thief. However despite their new case, certain problems are arising from other factors. Satoshi also fails to catch the thief in the act, Chitanda is feeling the fatigue of favor asking, and Mayaka has issues in her club. But now the finale will come with the theft from either the CC or the Craft club. Good luck with that.

Character: As I said, this time around Oreki is taking a break from leading and the others are in center stage.

Biggest would be Mayaka. Her problems in the Manga group comes from standing with her opinions against others. The others in the club are annoyingly harsh and sh%t talking as most do when some complications arise. Her learning of her Senpai's friendship and actual attitude does through more into her confusion. Here's hoping Mayaka doesn't lose hope.

Satoshi is trying to rise. As someone with no special skills/talents, he's trying to do what he thinks Oreki might not do/want to do. I wonder what kinda skill aside from being a database will arise for him.

Chitanda feeling fatigue for favor asking. Well considering there is alot of manipulation and espionage in it, I can see why. While she may fidget with the right words, she is a straight arrow. Being deceptive is gonna be hard.

Animation/sound: The drama faces are in full force here.

4/5. Build up. Build up. Where will it fall?

I go where I wanna go, even if its into Oppai.
May 12, 2016 4:07 AM

Mar 2014
Yes , what a good promotion for the club ~ . Hope all goes well ~ !!
Great episode !!! Stress is piling up . Down to its last day .
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 14, 2016 7:16 AM

Jan 2016
And here we go with Juumanji/ten letters. well it was ehm...an interesting episode..hmm what you buying online Houtarou xD
Also i bet there is going to be a "fight" between houtarou and Satoshi. Like damn he is jealous..
cause MAL is doing there job for once.
Aug 27, 2016 5:23 PM
Feb 2016
I'm surprised how good and solid this show is, episode after episode.
Aug 30, 2016 12:38 PM
Jan 2012
Incredible episode. Liked much revelations about Cadaver,the afternoon. Haruna is the writer of this manga so very good.
Chitanda after talks jornal club,so very courage for resolves your problems. I have much curiosity about form Oreki or Satoshi solution this case.
Mayaka doesn't have much self-steem.
I see president of manga club making or using cosplay of King of game king of fighters/Art of fighting.
RafaKojiroAug 31, 2016 5:49 PM
Nov 8, 2016 7:04 PM

Sep 2015
I feel like it's the EC or Houtarou's sis who are the cultprits. I hope there's a good ending for Satoshi I feel like he deserves some of the spotlight. I'm glad the Newspaper Senpai put they're club on the newspaper too tho as part of the story but still
May 1, 2017 10:22 AM

Jul 2011
That scene with journalist guy X(

Is Chitanda that dumb?

I had some suspicions during early episodes but here her idiocy is at its full power :D
Jun 15, 2017 6:42 PM

Aug 2013
I want to Satoshi to solve this "Juumanji" incident. He deserves it.

Ibara was being picked on and those cosplayers need to get a life. Ayako told then to stfu.

A good episode as always.

May 2, 2018 10:59 AM

Apr 2013
Chitanda didn't really get what Irisu told her apparently. Also those girls in the manga society have horrible personalities.
May 1, 2019 10:34 AM

May 2015
Irisu is saving this show.
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Jul 9, 2019 12:36 PM

Oct 2012
Finally a good arc! I think I never watched any anime that showed so much of a Bunkasai. It makes me want to go to one!
Aug 17, 2019 8:57 AM

Nov 2017
That King cosplay is so fresh and so clean clean (that's my Outkast reference for the day)! Also, with this OP I can't get over the scene when Eru pulls Houtarou out. That whole animation is just pristine af!

This anime is definitely more enjoyable now that I have a better understanding of the Japanese language
Sep 21, 2019 8:14 PM

Mar 2016
These festival episodes have been fun and a big part of that is how lively, and infectious, they've made the atmosphere inside the school. I think it works really well. I could be way off but I wonder if these thefts have anything to do with the mini-barter economy Oreki started with his customers (and the pen his sister gave him).
syncrogazerSep 21, 2019 8:28 PM
Jan 25, 2020 11:25 PM
Apr 2016
Oreki really is changing, and luckily, it seems to be a very good change.
Jun 9, 2020 8:20 PM

Aug 2019
aw shit we're cracking down numbers now bois. Now if someone talks shit about my favourite manga/anime i'm pretty calm about it and i keep to myself (unless they talking mad shit) but if someone talks shit about my >waifu. Now that. Now thats when I whip out my literal Microsoft word documents, each dedicated to each one of my waifus that are all 5+ pages long carefully explaining why she is better then your existence and why she has prevent me from chucking bleach in the past hour.
Lmao i like how Satoshi's monologue is him super series about how he is going to solve the case by himself without Houtarou's help, then it skips to Houtarou looking like me browsing my Amazon lists at 3 am to see what other random shit i can buy and then never ever use in my life
Aug 22, 2020 10:37 PM
Aug 2020
> Satoshi will fail.
> IMHO, Juumonji already stole something from Kotenbu.
> It's Mayaka's favourite manga - Corpse by the Evening (Korupusu etc.)

I know it's been... well... 8 years since this thread started, but I'm surprised no one has yet pointed out that: "Corpse by Evening" is the English title. The Japanese title (and hence what would govern the "trick") is "Yuube ni wa Mukuro ni". So, it wouldn't have been "ko" and "ko" anyway.

Anyways, I'm very "curious" about Mayaka and the Manga club members, and what specifically led them to have such a bullying atmosphere. They mentioned something about Mayaka being opposed to the cosplay part, and that Mayaka was responsible for the "reviews" format of the first day's club activities, but it's never really explained in the anime (I haven't read the light novel). It's definitely sad to see Mayaka treated that way by her elders and sad to see the club president be so impotent in controlling the bullying of her juniors.

I am also curious as to what it was that set Oreki on the path of "sho-ene" (energy conservation). I read that there was some event in his past that Mayaka held a grudge about, but she found the root cause and improved her friendship towards Oreki, because she then understood what caused him to be how he is. I wonder what that event was. I can't seem to find any reference of it on the web, although it was in the Japanese novels...
Sep 9, 2020 5:38 AM

Feb 2014
What kinda of BS curiosity does Chitanda have? I mean she is curious 90% of the time, but when the dude that was supposed to be selling anthologies in the empty 4th floor somehow shows up with some flour out of nowhere she isn't the least curious to ask him where he get that flour from? I know that showing it again to watchers would be unnecessary, but it doesn't suit Chitanda character not asking where the flour came.
Apr 14, 2021 3:39 PM

Jun 2020
The club is onto the culprit now more importantly Satoshi

The girls need to mind their own little business they don't know shit about what they're talking about and keep away from Mayaka

Satoshi and Eru have some dedication to each of their goals in this episode that's quite the commitment right there.
Dec 26, 2021 2:13 PM
May 2020
Juumonji getting some traction. weebs fighting weebs is always funny.
Jan 7, 2022 12:05 PM

Jul 2021
I hope Houtarou participates more in the episodes
asdasdsadad
Jan 17, 2022 11:49 AM
Jun 2015
The Manga Club scenes are so hard to watch. Why are the members so toxic? This has been going on for multiple episode, and it's always a chore to sit through the scenes.
Oct 1, 2022 8:36 PM

Aug 2021
looks like there's another mystery to be solved. i find the mysteries to be rather meh for the most part but they manage to make it interesting
Dec 4, 2022 2:52 PM

Mar 2019
I really can't stand the Ibara drama, it's so random and annoying. And it's nice to see Satoshi without his "database" personality, although I hope he'll solve this one since he said how much of a mystery fan he is.
Come on man,where is that Noragami season 3 masterpiece.We want it, Bones!

Oct 22, 2023 12:29 AM

Dec 2022
Ibara's hairstyle looks ridiculous here.

Shaded Horizon

Nov 5, 2023 1:01 AM

Oct 2022
I don't know, maybe Mayaka should just leave that club for less stress? it's not like she won't be able to read manga anymore if she leave.

Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Hyouka Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Yumekichi11 - Aug 5, 2012

186 by Dasfonia »»
Apr 16, 9:53 PM

» No romance here

KainiusTheGreat - Mar 10

25 by Margrave_Masane »»
Apr 13, 12:48 PM

Poll: » Hyouka Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Yumekichi11 - May 6, 2012

268 by Cammell »»
Apr 8, 1:27 PM

Poll: » Hyouka Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Veronin - Apr 22, 2012

491 by Prosper20 »»
Apr 5, 7:19 PM

Poll: » Hyouka Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Yumekichi11 - Aug 19, 2012

184 by dspr »»
Mar 3, 5:19 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.