Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 29, 2012 2:28 AM

Jan 2009
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
after just 1 episode it looks like Girard Spriggan (or Reina Spriggan) raises her death flag
and lol at Flit he never change and shouts "EXTERMINATE THE VAGANS!!!"

Gundam AGE is really a mix of plots and concepts from older gundam shows and now it has the Cyber NewType concept too (or Cyber X-Rounder in this case)
Jul 29, 2012 10:40 AM

Jan 2010
That was pretty douchebag move on the Federation, Kinda feel bad for Girard Spriggan, lol love how they call her by her full name, and her lover.I understand her hatred for the EFF. Naive Kio, you can't understand her.

Loved the episode. Really exciting now i can't wait for next week. The AGE !- full armor is action. Can't wait to see what happens between Fram Nara and Girard Spriggan with their different beliefs.

Judging from the opening and Fram Nara's vision, I'm thinking Zeheart may die soon...
Jul 29, 2012 11:35 AM

Sep 2011
screw you Ezelcant for poisoning Zehearts head with your pretty word since he was a child and fuck you EFF for screwing with Reinas life

i dont like the Thielva head design but i do like the T-Bit
Jul 29, 2012 2:15 PM

Sep 2010
Pretty interesting episode. Poor Reina/Girard. T_T

punkster90 said:

Judging from the opening and Fram Nara's vision, I'm thinking Zeheart may die soon...

She will probably keep that from happening and die in his place.
"What has two arms, two legs, and is alive? Not your favorite character lol! xD"
Jul 29, 2012 2:45 PM
Feb 2012
The Girard backstory really killed the mood.
Jul 29, 2012 11:00 PM
May 2012
Asem Asuno, you should've known that Zeheart isn't your friend anymore!

THAT'S THE FACT (damn it, I'm not gonna rewatched those asem arc all over again despite killed the mood due it was all about the origin of Asem & Zeheart hatred)!

And great, I really couldn't care less about Reina/Girard Spriggan or whoever she is. She's an enemy now & worked for VAGAN FOR NO LESS!
JafriZinJul 29, 2012 11:51 PM
Jul 30, 2012 12:38 AM

Jun 2011
I... want... the... OST Soundtrack...

The theme that played after the opening, the theme of girard sprigan was pure awesomeness! *_*
Jul 30, 2012 6:15 AM

Sep 2010
angelslayerX said:

The theme that played after the opening, the theme of girard sprigan was pure awesomeness! *_*

Yes it was I was bobbing to the music during that scene. The OST is already out.

http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/detailview.html?KEY=LACA-15216
"What has two arms, two legs, and is alive? Not your favorite character lol! xD"
Jul 30, 2012 8:55 AM

Jun 2011
Roloko said:
angelslayerX said:

Yes it was I was bobbing to the music during that scene. The OST is already out.

http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/detailview.html?KEY=LACA-15216

What, what, WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT?

E//: The song isnt on it ._. BUT SOME OTHER AWESOMETRACKS! lulz.
AlreuthJul 30, 2012 9:05 AM
Jul 30, 2012 9:39 PM

Apr 2008
This show has some anger/revenge problems.

Poor Girald.. "both" of them. I was sitting here thinking, "That's a guy's name" and then they revealed it.

- Giard's unit has drill blades. Reminded me of Berserk Fuhrer (the zoid). Pretty nice. ><; Mr. Abis, how are you surviving?!

- Mean Feddies...
Jul 31, 2012 12:01 AM

Jan 2008
They better end it soon. Otherwise, they'll run out of cliches. Also, funnels became somewhat commonplace now.

"There is a road in the hearts of all of us, hidden and seldom traveled,
which leads to an unknown, secret place."
Jul 31, 2012 6:18 AM

Sep 2010
kashim said:
They better end it soon. Otherwise, they'll run out of cliches. Also, funnels became somewhat commonplace now.

Isn't the usual Gundam 50~51 episodes? Also it probably will last until October since thats when it started and I doubt they will push this series out for more than a year with the sales its getting.
Jul 31, 2012 6:42 AM

Jun 2011
I say it will get 47 episodes, like ZZ.
Jul 31, 2012 7:11 AM
May 2012
Next episode, I hope that lousy Feddie guy Aaron simmons will get arrested according to next ep preview..
Jul 31, 2012 8:50 AM

Jan 2008
Roloko said:
kashim said:

Isn't the usual Gundam 50~51 episodes? Also it probably will last until October since thats when it started and I doubt they will push this series out for more than a year with the sales its getting.

angelslayerX said:
I say it will get 47 episodes, like ZZ.

Before it was aired, and shortly after, AGE was listed with 50 episodes on several sites. I hope they don't go over it.

"There is a road in the hearts of all of us, hidden and seldom traveled,
which leads to an unknown, secret place."
Jul 31, 2012 7:40 PM

Sep 2011
kashim said:

i hope it would end soon so AGE would appear in this game
Jul 31, 2012 10:51 PM
May 2012
Continued,

Oh, I see Kio's crying! I sense the deathflag!
Aug 1, 2012 12:05 AM

Sep 2011
Crying?
he's not crying. He's feeling the pressure from Girards X-Rounder powers
Aug 1, 2012 1:29 AM

Mar 2011
I think jiichan flit should calm down a lil :x I really liked how he was cool and calm during the Asemu arc, but now i think he is a bit too stubborn >.< come back cool flit!

On another note Reina's past is really sad :x i can see why she would join vagan for revenge. Hopefully she gets a happy end (thts not deathflag...) Really liking the design of her mobile suit though
Aug 1, 2012 3:24 AM
May 2012
Brigandi said:
Crying?
he's not crying. He's feeling the pressure from Girards X-Rounder powers

Damn it, What is wrong with me these days...

too much curiosity & enthusiasm in my head for what's gonna happen next.

Maybe it's too late for me to re-edit my last post in order to make it more clear to you guys.... #Stressed #SMH

Eucliwood said:
I think jiichan flit should calm down a lil :x I really liked how he was cool and calm during the Asemu arc, but now i think he is a bit too stubborn >.< come back cool flit!

On another note Reina's past is really sad :x i can see why she would join vagan for revenge. Hopefully she gets a happy end (thts not deathflag...) Really liking the design of her mobile suit though

Great, we'll see when it airs (I mean I've got a bad feeling about this..).
JafriZinAug 1, 2012 3:34 AM
Aug 1, 2012 11:24 AM

Sep 2010
yawgmoth said:
that guy in the tube is no where to be found?

Probably saving him for later near the end? Cause in the opening I bet he pilots that giant looking MS.
Aug 1, 2012 1:41 PM

Dec 2010
Im still trying to understand why you would introduce a new character, and give them flashbacks and a whole episode for themselves when there are less than 10 episodes left..
Aug 1, 2012 2:39 PM

Sep 2011
PhantomEX said:
Im still trying to understand why you would introduce a new character, and give them flashbacks and a whole episode for themselves when there are less than 10 episodes left..

prob to show us that the EF going back irresponsible shitheads
hiding the truth like what they did 200 years ago with the Mars Colonists
Aug 1, 2012 3:01 PM
Nov 2007
This anime is getting quite long in the tooth and just needs to come to an end real soon.
Aug 2, 2012 6:28 AM
May 2012
yawgmoth said:
that guy in the tube is no where to be found?
Roloko said:
Probably saving him for later near the end? Cause in the opening I bet he pilots that giant looking MS.

That's exactly what I want to know. Possibly that Sid looks like the head of Gundam Legillis that we've saw on HG (High Grade).
Aug 3, 2012 8:38 PM

Apr 2008
We were scraping the bottom of the barrel. Now we've broken through the bottom and are really digging into the shitty foundation beneath.

Speaking of, they're running out of ridiculous and impractical weapons to add beams to. We need a beam shovel or a beam bow and arrow. Maybe some beam caltrops and beam smoke bombs too.
Aug 3, 2012 10:04 PM
Nov 2011
Acinonyx said:
Speaking of, they're running out of ridiculous and impractical weapons to add beams to. We need a beam shovel or a beam bow and arrow. Maybe some beam caltrops and beam smoke bombs too.

Didn't they have a beam shovel on the Desperado in the first arc?

EDIT: My mistake it's a heat shovel not a beam shovel
Aug 4, 2012 9:42 AM

Apr 2008
steve3113 said:

Didn't they have a beam shovel on the Desperado in the first arc?

EDIT: My mistake it's a heat shovel not a beam shovel

Hahaha oh god that's just so sad. At least I can see the practicality in it, but it doesn't stop it from being utterly ridiculous. The way this show is copying all the bad elements of past gundams and mangling the good ones I'm anticipating watching some robots hump some rockets as a means of achieving escape velocity a la G Gundam.
Aug 4, 2012 12:04 PM

Apr 2009
So she's an X-Rounder as well? I don't usually rile up on anime characters but I don't feel anything for Spriggan, not even sympathy. Oh well I just can wait for her to die in the future episodes. >_<

Captain Einus, kindly explain why is this crew member eating his food in his combat station on the bridge while the ship is in the middle of battle?

I know this show is targeted for kids but come on... he's not even sharing his food. LOL

Whatever is happening on the last part of the episode, it's clearly affecting only X-Rounders, I wish Asemu realize this to his advantage.
You see there's no need to wonder where your god is,
Coz he's right here! ...and he's fresh out of mercy.
Aug 4, 2012 10:13 PM
Observer

Nov 2007
Inb4 aliens appear.
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Aug 8, 2012 9:06 AM

Oct 2009
die Asuno die! D:!
Oct 3, 2012 11:08 AM

Feb 2008
Wow, backstory of a brand new character. Why add backstories for more important characters. That's overrated. Better add to some pointless characters that are going to die soon anyway.

"Your sight, my delight. Will you marry me?"
Jul 25, 2013 7:44 PM

Nov 2011
Damn, I feel sorry for Reina now although her reasons for fighting isn't right .....

Those damn scientists and their cover ups.
Apr 17, 2015 11:17 AM
Aug 2012
Too many desperate and crezy people in 1 episode, but still it's not boring at least!)
Feb 7, 2016 6:38 AM

Dec 2015
This female pilot didn't need so much of his flashback to be animated, it would have been better to convey most parts of it through the dialogues. And what is this thing she's pointing out to Fram/Frawn ? Love -_- ?
At least, Flit came back to his sense and tried to reason his grandson, and now he will handle the ennemy himself ^^ He will probably die before he repents himself.
Apr 16, 2016 1:58 AM

Jul 2008
Yep, both sides have douchebags.
Jan 26, 2:38 AM

Jul 2017
girard had a very sad story, i can understand her reason to hate the federation, and it's very similiar to Vagan's reason to fight too.
too bad i think she will die in one or two episodes, like shanalua.
poor kio, nobody seem to care about his pacifist ideals
''Touch the darkness inside me''

More topics from this board

Poll: » Mobile Suit Gundam AGE Episode 49 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Asuno - Sep 23, 2012

90 by Neemesis_2 »»
Jan 28, 4:10 AM

Poll: » Mobile Suit Gundam AGE Episode 48 Discussion

deg - Sep 16, 2012

49 by Neemesis_2 »»
Jan 28, 2:55 AM

Poll: » Mobile Suit Gundam AGE Episode 47 Discussion ( 1 2 )

deg - Sep 9, 2012

50 by Neemesis_2 »»
Jan 28, 2:21 AM

Poll: » Mobile Suit Gundam AGE Episode 46 Discussion

Alreuth - Sep 2, 2012

24 by Neemesis_2 »»
Jan 27, 6:43 AM

Poll: » Mobile Suit Gundam AGE Episode 45 Discussion

deg - Aug 26, 2012

26 by Neemesis_2 »»
Jan 27, 4:18 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.