Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Sword Art Online (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (14) « First ... « 12 13 [14]
Jul 25, 2014 4:43 PM

Jan 2014
This episode was amazing. Loved the part when Kirito showed that gang who's boss.
Sep 25, 2014 2:45 PM
Aug 2014
Great episode! Loved the look of the orange guild leader's face when Kirito evaluated their situation against a level 78.

My list. | Eggroll is the greatest ty :)
Oct 5, 2014 6:11 PM

Feb 2013
Kirito harem +1

Silica is actually pretty high level.

She's been taking advantage of the simple fact that she is a girl in a game surrounded by boys...

Unlike most mmorpg's her pet isn't completely useless. At least it heals instead of just taking up space on the screen.
Oct 16, 2014 9:23 AM

Jun 2014
Nice episode.The new girl is cute and she also as the same voice actress as Madoka (in the dub anyway).
I hope we see her again soon.
Dec 1, 2014 12:19 AM

Sep 2014
Definitely much better than the previous episode. Yay for Pina revival!
Dec 4, 2014 4:48 PM

Oct 2014
Kirito was extremely awesome this episode. He is killing it in SAO. Level 78? Jeez. Silica was very cute, I'm glad Pina was revived and hope the both of them come back. The whole confrontation with the gang was awesome. The soundtrack is pretty great. Really liking the show so far. I want Asuna back too!
Dec 8, 2014 9:18 AM

Apr 2013
Humm not enough action in this, needs more of episode 2.
Dec 17, 2014 4:33 AM

Aug 2014
Holybum said:
swords? this is called gun gale online
woohoo a lightsaber

Wrong subforum.
http://myanimelist.net/forum/?animeid=21881
Feb 23, 2015 3:28 AM

Jan 2014
I did enjoy it? Yes. I strangely find Kirito appealing, as well as the other characters, even though they're quite stereotypical. Maybe it's just the first Fantasy anime appealing that's doing this to me, I don't know.
Mar 27, 2015 9:11 AM

Jul 2014
The first time I watched this series, it instantly became one of my favorites. An easy 10/10. In re-watching it to prepare for SAO II, I'm not sure how. Loli getting tossed around by a tentacle monster, maybe I didn't understand what was implied here the first time I watched it, but damn does this episode ruin the series for me now. Every flaw that've been repeated ad-nauseam by haters, suddenly seeming more and more valid. Really wish they'd not have gone there.
Mar 27, 2015 9:40 AM

Jun 2013
SixThreeTimes said:
The first time I watched this series, it instantly became one of my favorites. An easy 10/10. In re-watching it to prepare for SAO II, I'm not sure how. Loli getting tossed around by a tentacle monster, maybe I didn't understand what was implied here the first time I watched it, but damn does this episode ruin the series for me now. Every flaw that've been repeated ad-nauseam by haters, suddenly seeming more and more valid. Really wish they'd not have gone there.

Boy, I can't wait to read your reaction on episode 21.
Ad Astra Per Aspera
Jul 1, 2015 1:07 AM

Sep 2014
In every city they show us , there are load of people walking :D Really there are that much of them everywhere ?
Jul 18, 2015 5:47 PM

Jul 2015
I actually really liked this episode. Silica is pretty cute to be honest (and some of her reactions were pretty hilarious).
Aug 30, 2015 10:36 PM

May 2015
If kirito was the only dual wielder how come there's a guy holding two axes? WTF
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 30, 2015 10:47 PM

Jun 2015
zurgboy00 said:
If kirito was the only dual wielder how come there's a guy holding two axes? WTF

Bro you shouldn't necropost. This thread is pretty dead.
Sep 3, 2015 4:34 AM

Jan 2014
zurgboy00 said:

everyone could wield any gear, included double weapons, but the second one basically doesn't give any stats, unless you have that skill, so it's pointless, and it weighs a lot. Only noobs been doing that.
Sep 29, 2015 2:51 AM

Jul 2013
Cute episode. Like how he basically went bounty hunting.
Omne Solum Forti Patria
Nov 16, 2015 2:21 PM

Feb 2015
Honestly I don't know why this anime gets so much hate. Is it going to get worse or...
Nov 28, 2015 4:59 PM
Jul 2018
kirito the loser is always the loser. wish he died in this episode
Jan 30, 2016 11:05 AM

Jul 2013
loli: check
fan service: check
overpower MC aka fake black swordsman: check
unfair and plain fight: check
explain his stats to show how powerful and arrogant he is: check
explain levels mean nothing afterward to show how perfect of a character he is: check
Perfect Anime, best anime ever 10/10.
The plebs who like this anime really don't have brains do they.
May 18, 2016 5:25 AM

Oct 2015

We've got a Captain Obvious on the loose.
Hisoka said:
True love is finding someone whose demons play well with yours.
Illumi said:
Jul 31, 2016 10:38 AM

Jun 2016
Kiritu sure is looking badass, like itachi..
Aug 16, 2016 2:39 PM

Aug 2014
These two episodes had characters introduced and killed so early, like i couldn't care about them at all.
And then we have these pointless romantic scenes, each girl "save me kirito" lol "Kirito" I wish it could be a bit darker, this is so light.
Also not much actual battles.
Also the world-building is really weak, no explanations whatsoever. I dont know how things work in the game yet.
I'm starting to feel bored by watching.

Though the Animation is a different story, it is excellent.
Nov 22, 2016 2:13 AM
Nekogirl~

Mar 2014
He is just badass ... like really *-*

Jan 8, 2017 9:34 PM

Jul 2014
That's how many love interests so far, like three I think?
Jan 29, 2017 2:47 PM
Jul 2018
People say that this anime sucks, but for the moment I find it quite interesting. Pleasant animation, amazing universe, nice characters. However, the continuity between the episodes is somehow weird, and did they really need to put so much fanservice with a 12 year old??
Mar 8, 2017 9:59 AM

Jan 2017
Silica is very cute girls. - XD I really enjoy this episode.

11/10 Scores
May 13, 2017 9:13 AM

Nov 2016
Sweet episode. Kirito overpowering this "dark" guild was little too much of an attempt to make him look badass, though :D.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jul 2, 2017 10:59 AM

May 2009
What a boring episode. It's like everything that happened previously just doesn't matter anymore, Sachi died and she's immediately forgotten by the plot, and Kirito goes back to being a generic dude in a black trenchcoat. The events aren't building off each other, and thus Kirito's character can't be developed, this is just bad writing.

This episode instead is just one fanservice moment after another, Silica is nothing more than a damsel in distress and she's even less developed than Sachi. And of course, since we're building up Kirito's harem, we need a little sister WHO IS NOT RELATED BY BLOOD, CAN YOU HEAR ME, THEY'RE NOT ACTUAL SIBLINGS, BOY WOULDN'T IT BE TROUBLESOME IF SHE ACTUALLY IS HIS SISTER, IT'S NOT LIKE WE WANT TO LOOK LIKE PEDOPHILES.

Speaking of bad writing, the villain's motivation make no sense. Why would you create a convoluted system just to kill other players? What incentive could there possibly be? Sure, the punishment for killing a person is just a slap on the wrist, and it goes away after a day, but still, isn't it more convenient to steal from other players instead of painting a huge target on your head? And since this system was going on for months, how did nobody but Kirito notice this incredibly eye-catching woman being around other players just before they're killed?

Jul 3, 2017 10:12 PM
Feb 2017
Arashi89 said:
What a boring episode. It's like everything that happened previously just doesn't matter anymore, Sachi died and she's immediately forgotten by the plot, and Kirito goes back to being a generic dude in a black trenchcoat. The events aren't building off each other, and thus Kirito's character can't be developed, this is just bad writing.

This episode instead is just one fanservice moment after another, Silica is nothing more than a damsel in distress and she's even less developed than Sachi. And of course, since we're building up Kirito's harem, we need a little sister WHO IS NOT RELATED BY BLOOD, CAN YOU HEAR ME, THEY'RE NOT ACTUAL SIBLINGS, BOY WOULDN'T IT BE TROUBLESOME IF SHE ACTUALLY IS HIS SISTER, IT'S NOT LIKE WE WANT TO LOOK LIKE PEDOPHILES.

Speaking of bad writing, the villain's motivation make no sense. Why would you create a convoluted system just to kill other players? What incentive could there possibly be? Sure, the punishment for killing a person is just a slap on the wrist, and it goes away after a day, but still, isn't it more convenient to steal from other players instead of painting a huge target on your head? And since this system was going on for months, how did nobody but Kirito notice this incredibly eye-catching woman being around other players just before they're killed?

Sachis death has not just "been forgotten". It's a huge part of Kiritos character and will continue to have effects on him.

There is no harem.

There's a problem with introducing a younger character who isn't blood related to the MC? And no she's not Kiritos sister.

You've never played an mmo before have you?

Why are you even watching this? You sound like a very pathetic and angry person
Jul 3, 2017 11:06 PM

May 2009
LordSovereign117 said:

lmao you went into the trouble of quoting every post I made just because I criticized your favorite series and I'm the angry and pathetic one here?

Arashi89Jul 3, 2017 11:41 PM
Jul 5, 2017 7:32 PM
Feb 2017
Arashi89 said:
LordSovereign117 said:

lmao you went into the trouble of quoting every post I made just because I criticized your favorite series and I'm the angry and pathetic one here?

I don't care if you criticize it. But if your criticisms are retarded then I am free to inform you of that fact. Which they are.

Amd to use your own argument against you. YOU went into the trouble of posting on every thread of a show you don't like just to tell people you don't like it. Again. Pathetic and angry. Very much so
Jul 6, 2017 12:34 AM

May 2009
LordSovereign117 said:

I don't care if you criticize it. But if your criticisms are retarded then I am free to inform you of that fact. Which they are.

Amd to use your own argument against you. YOU went into the trouble of posting on every thread of a show you don't like just to tell people you don't like it. Again. Pathetic and angry. Very much so

lol you are the one forcing himself to answer angrily my posts, not me, I'm only watching this anime and telling my opinion, is that illegal or what? Nobody is forcing you to answer to every single post of mine, if you don't like what I'm writing you can just take your own advice and never post again. Your only activity in this site is angrily responding to every single user that hates SAO. You don't have a single thought of your own, people told you that SAO is great and that you should love it and you believed them. You don't actually know why you like SAO or what makes it so "great", you're just parroting what other people told you to say.

You don't want to engage in discussion or prove that I'm wrong, you're mad because I've criticized your anime, and your "criticism" amounts to screaming over and over "NO U!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" without articulating a counterargument. I've touched your sore spot and that makes you angry, that's why I'm posting here and why you're answering my posts. I am owning you and now I'm even more motivated to trash this shitty anime.

And I'll never understand the argument that if I'm watching something and I hate it then I shouldn't continue watching it. How can I make an informed opinion I can't finish what I've started? Sounds to me that you only want to silence opinions different from your own.
Arashi89Jul 6, 2017 12:56 AM
Jul 6, 2017 4:38 PM
Feb 2017
Arashi89 said:
LordSovereign117 said:

lol you are the one forcing himself to answer angrily my posts, not me, I'm only watching this anime and telling my opinion, is that illegal or what? Nobody is forcing you to answer to every single post of mine, if you don't like what I'm writing you can just take your own advice and never post again. Your only activity in this site is angrily responding to every single user that hates SAO. You don't have a single thought of your own, people told you that SAO is great and that you should love it and you believed them. You don't actually know why you like SAO or what makes it so "great", you're just parroting what other people told you to say.

You don't want to engage in discussion or prove that I'm wrong, you're mad because I've criticized your anime, and your "criticism" amounts to screaming over and over "NO U!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" without articulating a counterargument. I've touched your sore spot and that makes you angry, that's why I'm posting here and why you're answering my posts. I am owning you and now I'm even more motivated to trash this shitty anime.

And I'll never understand the argument that if I'm watching something and I hate it then I shouldn't continue watching it. How can I make an informed opinion I can't finish what I've started? Sounds to me that you only want to silence opinions different from your own.

Wow just.... wow. It really makes me sad to know there really are people out there that are truely thus retarded. Your post makes no sense whatsoever. I mean how on this god forsaken earth can you look at this post of yours and not think to yourself "damn I'm stupid."? Its truely pathetic. i mean take this line of yours.

"You don't have a single thought of your own, people told you that SAO is great and that you should love it and you believed them. You don't actually know why you like SAO or what makes it so "great", you're just parroting what other people told you to say."

I mean really. What the actual fuck? What the hell are you talking about lol. What do you base this on? Who is "then"? This is some seriously bad projection and ass pull assumption here.

But anyway. You are literally wrong in everything you said in this post. Everything. I am not "forcing" myself to do anything. I freely choose to respond to your posts which is my right just as it is your right to freely choose to post them. I never said you couldn't post. Not once. You can. But I am also free to inform you when your posts are retarded, which they all are. Clearly. So again. I never said you couldn't post so don't tell me to "just take your own advice and never post again." if you continue to post stupid shit I will continue to call you out on it. Don't like it? Sucks to be you. Do you need to borrow a straw?

No one ever told me SAO was great. I never even knew it existed until November of last year randomly surfing Netflix. You know nothing about me so that entire paragraph was just grade A retardism. I have no issue with someone criticizing the show. I have more then enough if my own criticisms of it. But if you say something retarded I am going to tell you you're retarded and that's all you seem capable of doing. And I know fully well why I like SAO. Again. You don't have a clue so why even say something so stupid? You seem really butthurt? I'm guessing you were hoping that this place was just filled with bandwagon haters who would applud your stupid anti SAO posts and just can't accept that here I am destroying you on your stupidity.

I'd be more then happy to actually debate you on any issue you have with SAO. Unfortunately you have yet to actually make any argument other then "SAO is shit because I say so" and the only correct response to that of course is "you're retarded". By all means if you have any actual points to make make them and I will tear them apart. But you've yet to do so. You've "owned" me? Lmfao. You havnt even said anything lol. This is truely hilarious. Pathetic. But hilarious.
Jul 7, 2017 7:22 AM

May 2009
LordSovereign117 said:

I'd be more then happy to actually debate you on any issue you have with SAO.

Really now, an actual debate! Considering that your best answers that aren't "SAO is great and you are wrong" amount to:

1) "What is this faggotry"
2) "I bet you're one of those antifa feminazi morons."
3) "Fanservice exists therefore you can't criticize it. Suck it up."

I doubt that you have the ability to engage someone else in debate, let alone "tear apart" my arguments.

Besides, everything you ever do on this site is getting angry at people who dislike SAO, and the last thing you want to see is those people answering to your shitposting in kind. You want a debate? Then do it, don't say over and over again how stupid I am like a broken record, because that's not a debate. It's called "being butthurt".

So act like an adult or stop quoting me.
Arashi89Jul 7, 2017 7:26 AM
Nov 9, 2017 9:00 PM

Nov 2017
Despite the fact they again jumped time and space, there's nothing straightly annoying about this episode. Just two things really caught my attention. First, Kirito's face is different depending on the shot. Like, really different. What the fuck. Also, I'm starting to imagine where this show is going to go. Besides being a pussy-magnet, the OPness seems to be his strength. That whole exhibition... I'm sure some people must have wet their pants. 3/5

PS. I assume he was following the redhead's steps into the woods and for some reason came across Silica... you know what, just ignore that shit. He needs pussies.
LumsiNov 9, 2017 11:11 PM
Dec 30, 2017 1:30 PM

Jun 2017
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
Jan 6, 2018 6:09 PM

Aug 2015
YAY! Such an uplifting episode, I love me some happy ending and when the bad guys get fucked.

Kirito was also much more likable this episode than in the last one, not havig that act of "I'm alone, I gotta stay alone". Sure, he 'used' Silica, but he helped her anyway and was always kind to her. Looking forward to him being more like this.

And to say Silica is cute is a understatement, but she's kinda generic, I kept thinking of Chiho-chan from Hataraku Maou-sama with the way she talked and acted, just the generic shy cute girl. If she's gonna be a regular (probably not...), I hope for some more development for her.

▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓☆ふわふわる▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓ふわふわり☆▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓

═════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════
      BE KAWAII         
Mar 8, 2018 1:15 PM

Sep 2017
But where is Asuna?!
May 20, 2018 12:19 AM

May 2018
I find it strange that they didn't talked about Sachi after last episode. I also find strange how in a way, the game mechanics are not that important and then, we have a whole episode talking about them (Tamers, PK & The flower).

What I found to most irritating in the episode was how they treated Silica. I mean, I understand why they did the scene when she got suspended upside down and she was worried about her skirt and found it pretty funny but I felt like all the episode gave that kind of joke or oversexualised that character for pretty much nothing in the end. She will only be another forgettable character by the look of it.

For now, all Sword Art Online look like for me is an anime who search itself and don't really know where it's going. I am maybe wrong and I hope so but it's my feeling right now. In the end, this episode wasn't that bad when compared to the last one but still, I expect more.
Feb 25, 2019 2:45 AM

Aug 2017
I'm glad that Pina was resurrected. Silica is cute, I hope that we meet her again.
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Jun 13, 2020 1:28 AM
EOussama

Dec 2016
So Kirito's already has a name that precedes him. This girl gives off the vibes that she's going to stick around for longer.
Aug 13, 2020 8:35 AM

Jun 2020
the pacing on a whole is REALLY weird, it's only episode 4 & it's suddenly a SOL-esque episode?? it felt so mundane & like nothing much happened compared to the previous episodes. what i mean is, this episode was interesting & fine on its own with decent world-building but only 3 episodes in with such heavy stuff & then suddenly this? & suddenly he is well-known for being OP?? i get that it's to introduce silica's character but the pacing is definitely off - i didn't read the source material.

tha's not to say i didn't enjoy it tho, i did! and the wholesome sibling dynamic between kirito & silica is too cute! tho I WANT MORE ASUNA ALREADY

but i’ll probably remember over and over again
you were there and everyone else was there
— the day we all searched for just one thing

Aug 22, 2020 12:14 PM

Dec 2018
So now I am assuming the time skips are there just for Kirito to forget whatever happened the previous episode and become a new character each episode.

1st episode: Loner
2nd episode: "Beater"
3rd episode: Everyone's best friend and chick magnet -> Emo loner
4th episode: Super Hero, overpowered, vigilante and still a chick magnet

So the driven force of the whole episode, Pina, gets shafted by Kirito faster than Pina's death....we don't even see it coming to life. She completely reduces Pina's priority after the extra lewd arm grabbing.

Previous episode: No resurrections.
This episode: Anyway, I started resurrecting.

So, Kirito is helping Silica because he feels guilty for his sister not having freedom because of him, but then Silica destroys his world view by saying maybe she is happy and then Kirito goes, "oh yay, my sister actually might be happy"..........So he never spoke to his sister about anything and he just simply assumed........ok.

(Also thematically it doesn't make sense for Kirito to save a person's life/help when what he is guilty of is restricting someone's freedom, thematically he should have freed someone........but then again he just assumed his sister was not happy, so....)
Mar 18, 2021 8:53 PM
Mar 2021
We meet silica in this episode a loli idol beast tamer who is about to die until kirito shows up. Apparantly were all the way past floor 50 in 4 episodes? And Kiriro is level 78? I'm no expert in pacing but if that does not scream rushed I don't know what does. It was pretty cool to see that clan try their best to kill Kirito and not be able to do anything lol. Also the show talked about having no ressurection items, but between the Nicholas the Renegade item and now the flower that's 2 ressurection items in 2 straight episodes. Lots of problems already and I'm not a fan of this whole thing of meeting one side character per episode thing either. Tons of fanservice this episode
Apr 11, 2021 2:05 AM
Dec 2020
level 78?!
kirito Grinding!
Nov 15, 2021 12:05 AM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
So, this is where the harem grows up, eh?
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Dec 3, 2021 2:32 PM

Jul 2017
The pacing continues to be really frustrating and inconsistent to the degree of affecting characterization really badly. It's somehow too fast and too slow with the content of the episodes at the same time. Kirito's just leveling up on the side and he's just Lvl 78 now with no care randomly through skipped time and again and near-invincible to most people. The content here is pretty side story level stuff while not really expanding on the world in an interesting or detailed fashion. Silica's character was meh too, didn't like how she was used as tentacle bait twice in the same episode, and personality wise was just kind of meh for me too along with her awkward chemistry with Kirito here. So far, it feels like the actual meat to this anime is happening behind the scenes whereas here, it's filled with side story stuff that's not very cohesive at all with how he was feeling a couple of episodes ago.
Dec 31, 2021 6:27 PM

Apr 2020
Ah now we have Silica...aside from Asuna she's the cutest girl in this series so far. Yadi yadi yada, don't need to paraphrase what happened, but I do love that Kirito had a very solid friend for once on Silica, and he helped her revive his friend.

...and now let's talk about some minor BS. Um things that are surprisingly popping out about Kirito. It's clear that this show is skipping A LOT about Kirito. One day, you know he's just a beginner, and the next we learned is that he's ACTUALLY a part of the front lines, like what the fuck. At this point, this show is just an SAO presentation of Kirito in his peaceful ventures, hiding the fact that he's actually OP (first out of many times I will say OP on SAO).
Jan 21, 2022 9:26 PM

Aug 2018
Silica is hot. now im horny.

Pages (14) « First ... « 12 13 [14]

More topics from this board

» Overall do you enjoy watching SAO? What do you like about it? :) ( 1 2 )

Rinrinka - Apr 15

65 by aLotQuestion_ »»
51 minutes ago

» Dropping while it's still good ( 1 2 )

SIimyBread - Apr 15

58 by AtelierAni »»
Yesterday, 5:45 AM

Poll: » Why does everyone call SAO an isekai ? ( 1 2 3 4 )

xMyst93 - May 1, 2020

163 by SignsOfSuicide »»
Apr 14, 9:54 PM

Poll: » Sword Art Online Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 20, 2012

734 by Lionwing »»
Apr 7, 4:47 AM

Poll: » Sword Art Online Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Nasty001 - Jul 4, 2012

948 by Reshiram_IX »»
Apr 2, 4:37 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.