Sword Art Online (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Aug 3, 2014 6:21 AM
Jul 2014
799128 said:
I would choose

but as he has not made his debut yet I'll choose Alice.

Eh ? You're sure ? Just how can you like him ?
Aug 10, 2014 5:22 PM

Jul 2014
Kirito all the way. Never have I seen an anime character more modeled after my own soul. He reacts to situations almost exactly like I would, and we share quite a few of the same preferences. Also, we have many of the same living arrangements. It's awesome.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 11, 2014 10:21 AM
Oct 2013
Delca said:
799128 said:
I would choose

but as he has not made his debut yet I'll choose Alice.

Eh ? You're sure ? Just how can you like him ?

He's is the strongest guy until now with a quite interesting (and creepy) past and he has got the same name as I do. Anyway, he´s the best antagonist.
GPMSAug 11, 2014 10:25 AM
Aug 12, 2014 12:30 AM

Mar 2013
1) Suguha
2) Eugeo
3) Sinon
4) Alice
5) Recon (For being the only guy unaffected by Kirito's 'destroy all other guys who ever had a crush on a female lead.')
I will prove to you that I am the supreme ruler of Heaven! Maoh Shakumesujin!
Aug 12, 2014 1:10 AM

Nov 2012
eugeo of course, how the fuck only 4 votes!?
IF YOU LIKE DEATH PARADE, GO WATCH BARTENDER!!!
my animesongs chord thread : here bro
Aug 16, 2014 9:24 PM

Jan 2014
Kirito still seems at the top..if Yuuki didn't die...why introduce another OP'ed character and kill her quickly...? plus kirito didn't even had the chance to win against her..no rematch...
even though this is immature i'm a little disappointed in Kirito due to this fact..but still...
1. Kirito
2. Sinon
3. Asuna
4. Sugu
5. Yui

I would have agreed to this if weren't for his loss

caviarboytown said:
kirito
kirito
kirito
kirito
kirito

:)

well his still my #1 though
Got something to live for, I know that I won't surrender,
A warrior of youth,
I'm taking over, a shot to the new world order
I Am Bulletproof. . .

Jul 7, 2015 11:47 AM

Sep 2010
1 Klein (funny loyal tough looking but actually a sweety kind of guy. He needs more screen time)
2 Sinon (best girl in the anime I have seen so far. For me anyway. She is interesting, has her own story going on and not completely kirito obsessed it seems.)
3 Kirito (for all the reasons mentiond earlyer, however he is and never will be number 1 for one simple reason. He is a bit gary stue like. He is to overpowerd and perfect to the point it's unbelievable. Considering the type of anime he is in (and manga/novel/game?) thats saying something. Make him a BIT more realistic and less overkill, but keep the personality and he would be much more loved by me.)
4 Asuna (But only in the first half of sao s1. I didn't like what happend to her character after that)
5 Yui (needs more to do, but she is cute and I like her. The fact she is able to be completely bad ass as is shown in SAO first half s1 gave her extra points.)

Leafa? I'm not adding her. I would have liked her more I think if it wasn't for the akward story around her/lack of good plot around her.

Sao in bad in one thing, devolping characters that are not kirito for longer then half a season. There are not nearly enough interesting guys, and the girls who could be interesting get way to little screen time for me to really form an opinion on them or even remember their names (enter pink girl and small brunette with dragon pet). Klein doesn't get much either, but the fact I loved him the moment he started talking makes me a bit biased. Some characters you just instandly love, others you need to follow more before you can. Usualy I'm more of the ''follow characters a while first' type which is not a strong point of SAO. Ergo the only characters I could pick between where the main characters of every season half and Kirito, and the auto loved character Klein.

I read there is a s3 comming, and I have a feeling a character from that season would get in the top 5. However as of yet they are not counted so I don't include them.
Jul 9, 2015 7:33 AM
Mar 2012
amberanime said:
Basing your impressions of the anime version characters in a light novel thread lel.
Aug 16, 2015 7:00 AM
Jun 2014
1. Eugeo/Kirito
2. Sinon
3. Alice
4. Suguha
Dec 28, 2015 10:15 AM
Jul 2013
My favourite character is Kirito, mainly because he's a badass and just kicks ass!!! He always fights with everything he's got, but I voted for Kayaba simply because..... I dont know, mayne because he's a mad genius who made the death game or he's just awesome, I don't know its pretty weird lol
Jan 11, 2016 8:58 PM
May 2015
My favorite is Asuna. Not only is she outstandingly passionate about what she does, but she also cares about others before herself to the point that she would even die for them. This touched my heart, as I consider her a blessing in Kirito's life, he is very lucky to have her as his girlfriend. Despite the fact that her parents were very cruel to her, she decided to shove it away, acting like the cruelty never happened, and just played as the nice girl, because of the fact that she didn't want to be a burden to others. Not only that, but Asuna's personality is very cheerful, not a moody person who would want to get attention for her benefit. As shown in SAO 1 Asuna was very supportive to her guild members, encouraging them to beat the game, and to risk their everything to gain everything back. Asuna is very understanding as well, as she still forgave her mother even after everything her mother did to her, sometimes even showing her what it truly means to live life to the fullest. She is like a mother as well, being very caring to not only Kirito and Yui, but to her friends as well, since she alone doesn't want to selfishly recieve happiness for herself, but she wants to give happiness to others. Out of all the characters, Asuna would be the best character there is, she is like a role model of practically a saint, especially in SAO in Aincrad, she even put herself in the front lines because she is fighting for a purpose, and that is simply to protect the ones that she loves, and everyone else.
Apr 7, 2016 8:19 PM
Mar 2014
1. Klein
2. Klein
3. Klein
4. Klein
5. Klein

Kirito is probably like a solid last place, just barely beaten by Asuna.
I'm going to be honest, the characters in SAO kinda suck. They get no development, and Kirito is the most Gary Stu character I have ever seen in an anime. I'm sorry, how the hell does anybody get to a level that high so quickly while playing alone in an MMO? It doesn't work like that.
Asuna was cool at first, until she was basically cooking for Kirito all the time and standing in the background.
Now for my ranking of Klein, it's because he was the only character with some semblance of a personality, and he's the only logical character in the show. If he was the main character, it would've made SAO a hell of a lot better.
Jul 29, 2016 10:53 AM
Jul 2016
1. Asuna
2. Kirito
Aug 5, 2016 2:56 PM
Mar 2016
1. Eugeo
2. Asuna
3. Sinon
4. Yuuki
5. Kirito
6. Tiese
7. Bercouli
8. Gabriel Miller
9. Alice
10. Deusolbert
lukinhasholicSep 30, 2017 12:28 PM
Aug 5, 2016 5:50 PM

Jun 2016
1. Yuuki
2. Eugeo
3. Kirito
4. Sinon
5. Asuna
ElghtAug 5, 2016 5:55 PM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 10, 2016 6:34 AM
Aug 2016
1# Sinon
2# Leafa
3# Yuuki
4# Klein
5# Kirito
6# Asuna
7# Yui
8# Lisbeth
9# Silica
10# Sachi
KazumaKuzuryuJan 18, 2018 3:24 AM
Aug 15, 2016 12:52 PM

Sep 2014
dolphinz411 said:
1. Klein
2. Klein
3. Klein
4. Klein
5. Klein

Kirito is probably like a solid last place, just barely beaten by Asuna.
I'm going to be honest, the characters in SAO kinda suck. They get no development, and Kirito is the most Gary Stu character I have ever seen in an anime. I'm sorry, how the hell does anybody get to a level that high so quickly while playing alone in an MMO? It doesn't work like that.
Asuna was cool at first, until she was basically cooking for Kirito all the time and standing in the background.
Now for my ranking of Klein, it's because he was the only character with some semblance of a personality, and he's the only logical character in the show. If he was the main character, it would've made SAO a hell of a lot better.

My opinion exactly!!
Oct 31, 2016 4:07 PM
Sep 2007
I managed to see only first 13 episodes, anime was...

Okay, this is serious, no trolling, from the bottom of my heart.

Anime was; well, to call it garbage to end all garbage, it would be me overrating it.

To this day I have no idea how I forced myself through these 13 episodes.

Klein was the only decent thing in that.
Nov 8, 2016 11:54 AM
Jul 2018
Well, now that the Alicization arc is over I can finally post in this thread (and yes I was waiting for it to end before formulating a solid opinion), my favorites are/were:

1. Asuna

2. Eugeo

3. Yuuki

4. Alice

5. Kirito + Sugu/Leafa

While many of them seemed generic at first, it was nice seeing their intricacies/complexities, characterizations/personalities and developments as the story progressed and the romance/relationship between Kirito and Asuna (which is expanded on the Progressive) is my favorite of all time, and I also liked the Eugeo & Alice pairing a lot.And I can't believe that people are commenting on this thread, which is for LN readers, having only watched the anime, please go back to AD or read the novel before you can speak about how "bad" these characters are, the only reason why they were "bad" was because of that stupid director who removed a lot of important stuff (characterization, backstory and developments) on the adaptation.
Nov 8, 2016 11:59 AM

Nov 2008
Kirito-kun is my bae. I'm obsessed with him XD ♥ I don't care what others say about him: YOU'RE WRONG. I'm leaving it at that.

They get no development,

Hey, don't tell lies to people. D:

and Kirito is the most Gary Stu character I have ever seen in an anime.

You must not have seen a lot. There are way worse Sues out there.

I'm sorry, how the hell does anybody get to a level that high so quickly while playing alone in an MMO?

He does it by grinding all night for eight hours without rest for several weeks.....unfortunately A-1 Pictures thought that was unimportant to show us in the anime.

Nov 15, 2016 3:59 AM

Nov 2016
My number one is a tie between Alice and Asuna
Asuna :: there's so much I can say about her character, but what I know is I fell in love with her character as soon as she was introduced. What's great about her character is how she's the same in every world/reality/game. I loved the fact that she actually used her real name when she first started playing SAO, even though it was a newbie move and she even realizes how stupid she was for doing that, but that small mistake I think reveals more about her character and the kind of person she is, as I said earlier before she's the only one who has truly been herself in all realities (not counting some parts of fairy dance/Alfhiem arc) she's cheerful, kind, understanding,very proud, strong and is calm/reserved when she has to be. She shows all those attributes no matter where she is. No one knew of her lonely and difficult childhood/upbringing because she puts others issues ahead of her's. Even though her mom was somewhat cruel to her, Asuna still believed she had to be/do better for her family until being with kirito made her realize she has to enjoy life and the way her mom behaves is not her fault, even after that realization she still tries to understand and remained kind to her mom and eventually helps her. She's kind to those who are kind and those she cares for but is willing to also fight and not back down when it's necessary. The Alfhiem/fairy dance arc changed lots of people's perception of her character and I understand why, I think the author did a huge injustice to Asuna, but I think it made her character much more stronger. She's a true survivor, she doesn't let her problems and difficulties define her. Also her love and trust for Kirito is honorable, she never get jealous over little things and is willing to befriend girls kirito meets unlike other harem characters. Anyway her only true rivial is Alice!

Alice :: like Asuna Alice is kind, strong, understanding, proud, confident and brave. I loved how she cared and never gave up on kirito when he was in a vegetative state. Also it can't be denied that Alice was a Asuna 2.0, her character is pretty much like sub commander of KOB Asuna before and even after she married Kirito. I believe the reason why Kirito got along so well and sort of had slight feelings for her was because of the similarities she shared with Asuna (basically she's Kirito's type). As much as I like Alice, Asuna came first! (In the story)

Suguha :: basically she's the best younger sister character I've seen in a long time. Also she's lovable, I can't hate her. I sort of understand why and how she fell for Kazuto and I don't think it's strange, but if someone had to be blamed I think it was Kazuto. When they were young Kazuto never treated her like a younger sister and was very distant especially after he found out they were not real siblings. They were practically strangers until after the SAO Incident. Since she had no real sibling (brother and sister) relationship with her brother, Suguha had to make up her own idea of who or what her brother was. She created her own brother and lived to understand and care for him form a distance. On top of that she found out they weren't actually siblings, so what does she do with this ideal person (brother) she's created? She falls in love with him because she obviously cared enough to want to be closer to him even though he didn't. Later on, Kirito changed from a brother she wanted to get close to, to becoming just a person she wants to get closer to. The SAO made her realize she cared deeply for Kirito even though she truly didn't know him, she breaks down and cried for someone who she hardly knew as brother so this incident allowed her to accept the fact that she loved Kazuto. She even took up ALO in order to understand Kazuto better when he was trapped in SAo. When Kazuto got back he realizes his mistake and tires to fix his relationship with Sugua because he knows he's at fault, however their reunion was bittersweet. I think the bittersweet almost painful part about them growing closer after the SAO incident was the fact that Kirito grew (because of SAO) to live up to all of Suguha's expectations so she falls deeper for him but she learns that he's grown to also care and love someone (something he never wanted did before SAO) she struggles to accept this because she wants to be happy that her brother has changed and grown, but I guess she wanted to be the one who opens him up. Anyway I think Suguha's character is misunderstood and it's all Kirito's fault for being a bad brother and I love her for caring for her brother and Asuna. Also she's cute and I especially loved her during the final battle in underworld. (She and Asuna made me enjoy reading the battle scenes in Alicization)

Shino/Sinon :: of course Shino, I love her and Suguha because they aren't stupid fan girls like Liz and what's her face (lol I remember her name but don't care). Sinon is a beast, brave, modest and proud while Sinon is kind, patient, brave and caring. She best exemplifies the reason Kayaba wanted to create a new realilty. I loved her story and her struggle to change and get over her fear, truly inspiring stuff. I love that she's 2 different people and the best part about watching her grow was to see those two personalities or characters become one or overlap.

Bercouli :: I'm a huge (project) Alicization arc fan and Bercouli's history and character was essential to the story so learning about him sort of early on when Kirito entered underworld built up his character (for me) and finally getting to meet his character and him living up to my imagination made me love his character and the world of underworld.y
Nov 3, 2017 8:02 AM
Nov 2017
My favorite characters is : Yuuki Konno And Asuna Yuuki :) <3

Female

1 - Yuuki And Asuna <3
2 - Sinon
3 - Silica
4 - Lizbeth
5 - Yui

Male

1 - Kirito
2 - Klein
3 - Agil
4 - HeathCliff ( Kayaba )
5 - DeathGun
Mar 31, 2018 10:16 AM

Dec 2015
My favorite characters ( including from ALicization Arc) are :

Female :
1.Tieze Schtolienen (Cadet - Alicization)

2.Sinon (2nd Main Character -GGO)

3.Alice (Intergrity Knight - Alicization)

4.Asuna (Main Character SAO)

5.Zekken(Yuuki) (Cuboid player - ALO)

6.Fanatio (Intergrity Knight - Alicization)

7.Sortiliena Serlut (Fighting Trainer - Alicization)

8.Scheta (Intergrity Knight - Alicization)

9.Suguha (Sister of Kirito - ALO)

10.Koujiro Rinko (Past Co-worker of Kayaba - Alicization)

Male:
1.Kirito (Main character SAO)

2.Eugeo (2nd Main character of Alicization)

3.Bercouli (Intergrity Knight Alicization)

4.Klein (Main Character - First male friend of kirito SAO)

5.Deusolbert (Intregrity Knight - Alicization)

6.Renri (Intergrity Knight - Alicization)

7.Eldrie (Intergrity Knight - Alicization)

8.Iscarn (Leader of Boxers - Alicization)

9.Kikuoka Seijuro ("Creator" of Alicization)

10.Shasta (Leader of Black Knights Alicization)

Non Humans :
1.Charlotte (Cardinal's spider servant - spy - Alicization)

2.Amayori (Dragon of Alice - Alicization)

3.Hoshigami (Dragon of Bercouli - Alicization)

4.Takiguri (Dragon of Eldrie - Alicization)

5.Yoiyobi (Dragon of Scheta - Alicization )

Sep 14, 2021 11:06 PM
Feb 2021
What the eff is wrong with Shinon fan always hating on Asuna? Asuna is by far the best your Shinon is too damsel in distress who had to be saved by Kirito and got rekd by every villain she encountered. Meanwhile Asuna despite being caged by trash Suguho, she did her best to rescue herself become Kirito courage and apart from that She is always a badass.
Sep 26, 2021 5:18 PM

Oct 2020
Eugeo is my forever fav
Please watch Sword Art Online Progressive, it's the peak of SAO.
Sep 26, 2021 5:19 PM

Oct 2020
Zettaiken said:
My favorite characters ( including from ALicization Arc) are :

Female :
1.Tieze Schtolienen (Cadet - Alicization)

2.Sinon (2nd Main Character -GGO)

3.Alice (Intergrity Knight - Alicization)

4.Asuna (Main Character SAO)

5.Zekken(Yuuki) (Cuboid player - ALO)

6.Fanatio (Intergrity Knight - Alicization)

7.Sortiliena Serlut (Fighting Trainer - Alicization)

8.Scheta (Intergrity Knight - Alicization)

9.Suguha (Sister of Kirito - ALO)

10.Koujiro Rinko (Past Co-worker of Kayaba - Alicization)

Male:
1.Kirito (Main character SAO)

2.Eugeo (2nd Main character of Alicization)

3.Bercouli (Intergrity Knight Alicization)

4.Klein (Main Character - First male friend of kirito SAO)

5.Deusolbert (Intregrity Knight - Alicization)

6.Renri (Intergrity Knight - Alicization)

7.Eldrie (Intergrity Knight - Alicization)

8.Iscarn (Leader of Boxers - Alicization)

9.Kikuoka Seijuro ("Creator" of Alicization)

10.Shasta (Leader of Black Knights Alicization)

Non Humans :
1.Charlotte (Cardinal's spider servant - spy - Alicization)

2.Amayori (Dragon of Alice - Alicization)

3.Hoshigami (Dragon of Bercouli - Alicization)

4.Takiguri (Dragon of Eldrie - Alicization)

5.Yoiyobi (Dragon of Scheta - Alicization )

oi show eugeo's photo nicely, it didn't come
Please watch Sword Art Online Progressive, it's the peak of SAO.
Oct 11, 2021 8:42 AM
Feb 2021
I don't have any favourites Besides Asuna and Kirito. I do like Agil and Klein though.
Nov 20, 2021 11:02 AM
Jul 2021
Alice. Why? Because it's Alice.
Jan 25, 2022 4:27 PM
Apr 2021
Kirito kirito kirito lord kirito
Mar 16, 2022 5:46 AM

Jun 2021
Daily reminder that if you choose Alice you're a Nazi. Asuna and Kirito are the only good choices.
ねえ、それはあなたです! あなたがカズマやトーマが好きなエッチ/ハーレムファンなら、女性を「平等に」扱うので、女性を殴る/軽蔑する2人のマッチョな男性か、Free!/YOIが好きだがフェアリーテイルの悪を話すTumblrファンガールです/ DxDとSAOは、ファンサービスがあり、アニメやマンガでBL / LGBTQ +ファンサービスが好きで、自分を「フェミニスト」と呼んでいるためです。自分は偽善者に過ぎず、価値観を再考し、これらの二重で停止する必要があることを知ってください。標準。 真剣に、それを止めてください😁。 #MenHaveTheRightToWorkInShortsInHotDays #MALMemberSince2010#Kirisuna Nico Nico no Hyouryuuken!
https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PLMsHeAUgW0lgREhidvVfUeeXb2M5WTADZ (Music about God).

*Bill Clinton's voice* I did not have sexual relationships with that anime girl. *Hilary Clinton's voice* waifu's rights are human rights, and human rights are waifu's rights. *God Emperor Donald Trump's voice* Yaoi anime will soon be illegal. All fujos will be arrested.

Aug 13, 2022 6:59 AM

Aug 2017
For me, it would be

1. Asuna
  2. Kirito
  3. Leafa
  4. Eugeo
  5. Alice
  6. Klein

Although I will say the only reason Klein made it here is because of SAO Abridged.

My biggest regret: Reading all 200+ chapters of Kanojo, Okarishimasu
Aug 13, 2022 7:00 AM

Aug 2017
Kazu-chan-san said:
Daily reminder that if you choose Alice you're a Nazi. Asuna and Kirito are the only good choices.
Wtf??? Is this some spoiler from Unital Ring???

My biggest regret: Reading all 200+ chapters of Kanojo, Okarishimasu
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» Stuff that made you lower your score/rating? [Spoilers]

Kazu-chan-san - Feb 17

7 by RobertBobert »»
Feb 18, 10:26 AM

» Still feels rushed

Cneq - Nov 14, 2022

7 by Saynarra »»
Jan 19, 4:08 PM

Poll: » Sword Art Online Volume 4 Chapter 9 Discussion

Shadow_Strider - Dec 4, 2012

2 by eleonora_43 »»
Oct 14, 2023 4:23 AM

» Continue the LN after the last season

baltazak - Apr 5, 2023

2 by Anayan_Kashyap »»
Oct 13, 2023 2:52 AM

Poll: » Sword Art Online Chapter 2 Discussion

Kiba_Senpai - Nov 27, 2022

0 by Kiba_Senpai »»
Nov 27, 2022 4:20 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.