Forum Settings
Forums
Wolf Children: Ame & Yuki
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (9) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 » ... Last »
Jun 17, 2014 12:34 AM

Dec 2008
Like a combo of Secret of nimh, proncess mononoke, wolfs rain and fruits basket. This was an unsual story in that it gives the feeling that its geared toward lovers of the Furry genre, but in fact, once you get past some of the more fantastical " japanese" liberties taken with romance as they have had in their myths through history, you are elft with a wonderful film that gives some food for thought and makes you hope for a lil action/ drama lol. 7.5/10
Jun 17, 2014 8:27 PM

Sep 2012
Dull beginning, great middle, but after the last time skip it got really bad. It was just rushed and all the characters are annoying, and no one;s going to question that one of Hana's kids just disappeared? 6/10 overall.
Another page to the history of the Fujaku.
Jun 22, 2014 1:02 AM

Mar 2014
Am i one of the few that actually liked the ending? :O . When i watched this with my mother, she told me it was pretty sad that Hana ended up alone after all, i mean yeah it is.. BUTTT, she will always love her kids and her husband.. So in the end they'll stay in her heart till the end.. Bittersweet ending really.. :D
Jun 28, 2014 9:49 AM

May 2013
i hate Ame...

great movie, so emotional, so so so touching

hana is the best character she is very strong..very very strong, i love her

10/10
Jul 2, 2014 6:38 PM

Sep 2013
3/10. Never before have I felt the need so strong to stop watching something. Just horrible, hated every minute of it.
Jul 3, 2014 7:58 PM

Feb 2014
Overall I loved the movie. Very, very cute but also really emotional at times. Hana is a fantastic mother and person! However, I really dislike Ame. See, I realize that he's growing up and he's finding his own path and stuff and I respect that, but come on. You don't just abandon your mother as a 10 year old in a huge storm, causing her to fret. What makes it worse is that after Hana /almost dies trying to protect him/, he just leaves her in a parking lot! He doesn't even make up for any of it! Ugh. He should have at least left a note or saying something like: "Mom, this is the life I want", or stayed with her for a couple of days after the storm and then left. But Ame aside, it was a really great movie!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 9, 2014 12:49 AM

Mar 2009
Loved the movie, but I really hated Ame's lack of respect. After all Hana did for him and he ended up putting his concerned mother in danger running off without telling goodbye.

Anyway, 9/10.
I wished for more in the end of the movie. I felt we got very much of the children while they where toddlers, but not so much when they was teens. But I guess thats why the movie is called Wolf Children. I wanted to see how Yuki was doing when she left home, I was kinda hoping the movie would end when Yuki turned 19 as thats the age the mother was in the beginning of the movie.
Jul 12, 2014 4:55 AM
Aug 2011
Beautiful movie. I was surprised in a positive way how humane the characters felt despite it being just an anime. It shows struggles of being a single parent. Hana is such a positive and strong person. I envy her that. Even though sometimes she stuck me as stupid, in the end she would do everything for her children. It also saddends me how in the end she was left all alone. After all that hardwork she had to put herself through, the viewers didn't even know if her kids, especially Ame (oh how I hate that bastards for what he did in the end) even visit her.
Part from the story, the animation is just beatiful and so is soundtrack. The characters are well likeable and you can really connect with them.
If there is one thing that the movie taught me, is to never have children.
8/10 for anime standards. Personal - 7/10.
It was beautful.
Jul 21, 2014 8:07 PM

Mar 2013
Made me legitimately cry. :~(
Jul 31, 2014 10:13 PM

Mar 2012
Ame and Yuki remind me so much of my little cousins. I should show them this movie.
Aug 12, 2014 9:00 PM
Jul 2018
So I FINALLY saw this movie, and you can say that I was not disappointed! It was a fun and heartwarming movie, and watching Hana doing everything she could for her kids was kind of inspiring. She works so hard for the ones she loves. Hana totally made the movie, she was just such a good person, and mother.

na35899 said:
i hate Ame...

Also, same. Such a little brat/jerk.
removed-userAug 12, 2014 9:04 PM
Aug 22, 2014 3:29 PM

May 2012
That...
was...
beautiful...

I'm nearly crying, great movie.
Aug 28, 2014 1:20 PM

Jun 2012
Ok this was an amazing movie, truly. I think this is the only film i stuck around for after the credits rolled, and shed a couple tears throughout the movie and a couple at the credits song/slideshow!

I would have loved to have seen Yuki grow a bit older and catch up with ame at some point, i still want to watch more :D I feel that this film could have been an extra 30-60mins :P

But anyways, fantastic film, 10/10 will probably rewatch.
Does anyone else need a doctor to confirm that someone without a head is dead?
Aug 30, 2014 1:27 AM

Jan 2012
bestiality = auto 10/10

unrealistically portrayed strong ass female = -1

99.9999999% of female nowadays would not be able to do what Hana did.

Don't get me wrong. Raising 2 babies in an apartment as a single mom is definitely doable, but add on the farming, house maintenance, and wolf kids is just impossible.

Even more so if you never got sick after all of these.

Great movie otherwise... ending wasn't really satisfying but bestiality made up for it.

9/10
Aug 30, 2014 1:38 AM

Jul 2014
The film does a good job in showing what a hard job and a great accomplishment it is to raise kid(s) as a single parent.
Sep 9, 2014 2:09 PM

Apr 2009
Nice movie! 7/10
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 14, 2014 7:20 AM

Sep 2008
I was in the cinema today to watch this movie and.... I really liked it :3

Hana is such a strong character. I would like to be such a strong mother like she was ;___; I wonder if I had children I would be like that.
I would love to let my children choose their own path. Even if they won't be good at learning - I want to encourage them in their hobbies.

Ame is wonderful too - he was really weak and crybaby and then he became ruler of the mountain. Just wow.
oxo.anime.xox.manga.oxo.
Sep 20, 2014 5:23 AM

Oct 2009
Ahhh~ My soul has been cleansed..
Excellent! That was beautiful, mother's are truly something else. Teared up during Ame's howl, that was so dam beautiful! It did piss me off when Ame ditched Hana and even when Yuki left for the dorms after everything Hana went through for them, but it is understandable and I can relate.

10/10
Oct 10, 2014 12:53 PM

Aug 2010
This seriously needs a drama tag, I was on the edge of my seat every second scene, afraid that the worst was about to happen. Still, an overall beautiful and touching tale of parent-child love, really enjoyed it. I especially liked how the originally wild Yuki found her future in human society, while the shy boy who hated being a wolf embraced his heritage completely. Speaking of Yuki, I'm glad she wasn't paired off entirely with Souhei, he really stuck out from the narrative. 8/10.
Nov 8, 2014 2:36 AM

Sep 2012
This film was absolutely amazing.

On the surface, it's a touching story about raising a family. But it's much more than just that.

The dichotomy of Nature vs. Culture theme was overwhelmingly important. It somewhat reminded me of Annie Dillard's Pilgrim at Tinker Creek. It's about humanity's place is in the world, how separate - and how close - humanity is from nature, and the constant juggling struggles of coexisting.

It is a beautiful naturalistic film without the eye-roll inducing "humans r bad! save the trees!" moral message jammed down our throats that I've come to expect from similar themed works. It's an optimistic film highlighting an idealized version of humanity and nature, without necessarily picking a "side".

Emotional and moving, beautifully animated, deep, complex, and hits close to home, I'd recommend this to anybody who has half a brain to think about what they're watching and the world around them. 9/10
Nov 14, 2014 6:21 PM

Feb 2014
The story was amazing the ost was beautiful. I love the ending those two chose a different path. The mom is a very strong willed person.
The higher I get , The lower I'll sink.

Nov 14, 2014 6:25 PM

Dec 2009
I thought it was pretty good but perhaps better for younger audiences that can handle harsh realities. It had some sad things and plot that weren't explained. Unlike many Miyazaki films I don't feel like this is something I'd watch again. It also felt a bit long maybe could have been 1hr45m or 1hr30m.

Overall a good coming of age tale (tail?) with a twist.

6/10
Such junk...
Dec 12, 2014 9:42 PM

Jul 2010
That sure was heartwarming and atmospheric.At first i was like ''not bad'' but after everything that happened later on and credits i was like ''well, holy shit that was awesome''.
Hana's character really well portrays the way mothers love their children, with pure heart.Of course there are exceptions for that - like Sou-chan's mother.Ame on the other hand shows that he's a brat - that's his way of repaying his mother all love and years of raising him and his sister? bs.He could chose path of being a wolf AND be there for his mother, but noo.
Overall, i loved it, and i would rate it 8/10.Today tho I'm in really good mood and i shed tear during credits, that's why i'll give it 9/10.
incompleteAEGISDec 12, 2014 9:46 PM
Dec 21, 2014 11:25 AM
Nov 2014
will there be a wolf children season's or series or something
Dec 21, 2014 5:15 PM

Dec 2013
Beautiful. I'm not going to say more because everything was probably said already. Easily the best movie I have seen.
Dec 30, 2014 8:40 AM

Oct 2013
Really really good. Sad to see Ame leave and Yuki going to a middle school dorm leaving Hana all alone.
Jan 6, 2015 8:34 AM

Dec 2012
Wonderful (*-*). This movie is really amazing, we follow Hana's life and her family.
All characters are very developed, growth of Ame and Yuki are very detailed.

Hana is a perfect mother. During all her life, she never give up and every time she has a smile on her face.

This is an heartbreaking movie with a beautiful end.
The animation and the OSTs are perfect too, 10/10 for this masterpiece.
SakaitsuJan 6, 2015 8:42 AM
Jan 6, 2015 12:43 PM

Dec 2014
Sometimes I question why the mother went and look for Ame when she perfectly knows that he's a wolf? -_-

But then again, I agree that Ame should be let go and live in the wild as a wolf should. Summer Wars and The girl who leapt through time are better than this imho.

7/10
Jan 13, 2015 8:10 PM

Jul 2014
Solid film. It achieved in getting a couple of tears from me, but I felt the CGI was abused and they left a lot of subplots left for interpretation, which pissed me off. Nonetheless, it's an exceptional film.
Why do people have such bad taste? Anime isn't subjective anymore.
Jan 22, 2015 6:59 PM

Dec 2014
Besides the weird mouths this movie was wonderful. The mother had a death flag from the start of the movie and when it looked like she died I still couldn't help but tear up a little.

9/10
Jan 25, 2015 7:04 AM

Jan 2015
it makes me cry a lot from the beginning until the end
i don't know it's from the movie or i'm so emotional (and i'm not)
10/10 masterpiece
Jan 29, 2015 1:20 AM
Jul 2014
questionable routes during the last parts. Adults leave their families yet always keep in touch if they are on good terms, i see no reason to reinforce Ame's actions. They should have had shown him coming back every year or something.

Yuki abandoning her fathers legacy was sad, and what the hell kind of middle school has dorms, makes no sense why her mother would send her, or the fact that she would move out after her mother was abandoned by the brother.

7/10, I love me romance+dramas and this movie delivered alot, but there were still holes and directions that didn't quite add up for me. not really into this style of bittersweet.
Feb 7, 2015 11:04 AM
Jul 2018
That movie was so beautiful. ;_; I wish I had found out about it sooner because that was wonderful.
Mar 2, 2015 3:05 AM

Jan 2013
I thought that the mother would die at the end, surprised that it didn't happen.
Was quite enjoyable and got me highly interested, but I didn't found it that dramatic/depressing.
It could have "explored" some more things, like the wolf at the zoo, the old man, why Ame had to eyes all red, etc... but still, rather good.
Mar 16, 2015 1:31 PM

Jul 2014
Not much happened but it was a heartwarming watch, stirred up some emotions.
Mar 30, 2015 2:33 PM
Sep 2013
Not really my cup of tea. Not into the furry stuff so it was kinda weird watching this. The ending was good enough for me to rate it a 7/10. I guess I really disliked Ame for abandoning his mom, but whatever.
Apr 5, 2015 8:05 AM

Jan 2010
So not cool... I cried through 1/3 of the movie. It was so heartbreaking when Hana's husband died, then when Ame left her :(
Denerwować się to mścić się na własnym zdrowiu za głupotę innych.
May 3, 2015 7:23 PM

Jul 2009
Good movie, animation was nice and LOVED the music! Interesting story with how Hana had to parent her children ... I liked Yuki a LOT more than Ame to be honest, wish we could've seen more of her story with the school and Souhei :S Funny how they always wore the same clothes especially Yuki's dress lol XD Didn't really like how Ame just left at the end ... Hana struggled a lot too. Most of the characters were pretty interesting, especially the side charas like the villagers. It was a good movie, probably 8.5 but as always I'll round down to 8/10
LESSON LEARNED GUYS: USE PROTECTION!!! ;P
May 19, 2015 8:54 PM

Feb 2015
That was it, huh. It had its good scenes but overall, the movie was okay. Yuki was my favourite character.
May 22, 2015 9:00 PM

May 2014
What a movie. I felt like I was watching a Ghibli film.
Jun 9, 2015 1:12 PM
Nov 2014
What can I say ? Fantastic movie with an amazing soundtracks. I loved Hana, definitely mother of the year material ;)
Jun 9, 2015 3:59 PM

Mar 2015
Great, now I feel like shit. I knew watching it was a bad idea -_-
Aug 12, 2015 2:23 AM

Nov 2014
Ame was such a dick.

-Riptide- said:
Really really good. Sad to see Ame leave and Yuki going to a middle school dorm leaving Hana all alone.

Right? I found the ending extremely depressing. Hana still hasn't moved on, and it doesn't seem like she ever will.

Great movie overall, though.
Aug 13, 2015 4:49 PM

Aug 2015
I really enjoyed this movie, but I'm not sure I can say that I loved it. The story, artwork and music were all beautiful, but it kind of dragged on. Ame was slightly annoying to me in the beginning and then I didn't like him much at all when he got older. Yuki, however, I found to be positively adorable when she was younger, and still liked her quite a lot once she got older.

The old man that helped Hana seemed to have come out of nowhere and I don't understand why he helped her or why he liked her at all. Plus, I hoped for more out of Seiyou's part. Yuki revealing her wolf side during the storm was very anti-climatic. He was just like, "Oh that. Yeah, I already knew. Don't worry I won't tell." /endscene

Overall though the concept of the story and Hana's struggles raising two wolf children was quite amazing. ★4/5
Aug 16, 2015 1:52 AM

Mar 2010
Dull; predictable; overuse of montage to inform the audience instead of letting them experience the moments that show developing relationships, harming both the ability to empathize with characters along with their conflicts and harmony; flat supporting cast largely used as plot devices; two-dimensional, if barely, main cast; narration used to declare character motivations and shifts in lieu of actually showing and elaborating through actions; the sole purpose of some scenes are simply exposition; Ame's character change in particular comes across as wooden due to all the aforementioned - "he changed from this moment on" - Thanks, Yuki!; Yuki's conflict with Shohei comes across as contrived and his affinity for her unnatural during his character introduction; character designs are largely simplistic in look in comparison to the nice background art and look out of place at times; zoomed out wide shots hide lack of detail in characters, particularly in the first act; the choice of some shots just seem odd, like when Hana and Wolf-Dad are walking and talking about her name; OST drones on in the background, never holding my ear or enhancing the dry experience outside the levity of the family running through the forest and then the snow; first act is corny and lacks character, inciting incident lacks punch and is readily expected; last act suffers due to the Hana's futile romp through the forest, despite highlighting her desperation because of the weak resolution, and drags on; and so on

5/10, or 2.5/5 - I expected better.
TonyThemeAug 16, 2015 5:05 AM
Sep 1, 2015 11:42 PM
Sep 2015
I CRIED the ending was just to great that i actually cried like 1 little tear rolled down my cheek as i saw the little pictures at the ending credits i just cried the only other movie that dod this was Grave of Fireflies
Oct 27, 2015 10:59 AM

Nov 2012
Closest anime to get a 10/10 from me in a while.

I'd give this a 9.5/10 (I would have gave it's a 10/10 if it's weren't for two things that bugged me).

1. How would have Hana explained Ame disappearing to people who realize he left?
2. The fact that we're didn't get to see Yuki and Souhei together in her time considering she was the narrator.

Otherwise this was a really lovely movie.
Nov 14, 2015 12:52 AM

Jun 2014
Definitely of masterpiece movies!!
Nov 14, 2015 9:18 AM

Sep 2014
Based GodHouse, another toptier movie delivery story, art, visual, soundtrack with gorgeous, glorious and impact felt emotions.... What words can be described this movie is MASTERPIECE
Nov 14, 2015 6:19 PM

Feb 2015
...bizzare movie. i think i'm scarred for life when i saw that absolutely horrifying beastiality innuendo scene. that was...ugh. i'd rather watch the freaking kara no kyoukai drool scene 4 times over than that.

poor hana, she NEVER gets a rest the whole movie. taking care of animals in the city, doing ALL THAT WORK HERSELF with the house and the doing the garden over and over 3 whole times...facing rumors about her daughter, her son leaving her, her daughter moving out, sheesh. if the plot was to show how much of a supermom she was, all i had was pity.

the OST is soooo gooood, and the snow scene was the best out the whole movie. however i found the humanimals just way too strange and was almost always near cringe level whenever they transformed. i just didn't like it.

it was ok...i guess. a 6 maybe.
TomDayNov 16, 2015 9:06 PM
Pages (9) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» I hate ame

luksthefool - Mar 19

10 by Davoo »»
Mar 20, 1:37 PM

Poll: » what do you think of the end & Ame`s action ? ( 1 2 )

KaGi-13 - Apr 21, 2013

92 by KURAIKEN63 »»
Nov 23, 2023 1:58 AM

» Ame is loved that much?! really?!

aku_mado - Jul 3, 2022

20 by MichaelJackson »»
May 4, 2023 2:36 AM

» This anime is really weird

AunixHOT - Oct 8, 2021

33 by aku_mado »»
Jul 3, 2022 10:33 PM

Poll: » Why does this anime have a PG - Children rating?

johnyjohny - May 13, 2016

8 by aku_mado »»
Jul 3, 2022 5:06 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.