Forum Settings
Forums

Japan's Weekly Blu-ray & CD Rankings for Jul 16 - 22

New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Jul 24, 2012 1:24 PM

Aug 2011
LOL @ K-On. What a surprise.

Totoro and Grave of the Fireflies up there though. WOOT.

kurosaki_kabuto said:
Grave of the Fireflies came out on Blu-ray? I wonder if any fansub will pick it up... I'm quite curious about how it looks, there are some remasters of old movies that look quite phenomenal all things considered.
Me too. I'd like to see that.
Jul 24, 2012 9:17 PM

Sep 2009
@Yvese

How this LN named in english? Could I find it ot MAL?

The problem is that KyoAni never makes more than one series per season so making one delays all other at least till it ends airing.
Jul 24, 2012 9:39 PM

Feb 2012
Nachtwandler_21 said:
@Yvese

How this LN named in english? Could I find it ot MAL?

The problem is that KyoAni never makes more than one series per season so making one delays all other at least till it ends airing.
It's called Beyond the Boundary. More info here and here

I'm hoping KyoAni adapts it. Their upcoming anime Chuunibyou demo Koi ga Shitai! was from a novel that received an honorable mention by KyoAni in 2010, and Beyond the Boundary also received an honorable mention last year.

They're also the ones that released the novel itself so I'm hoping that increases its chance it will get animated by them just like Chuunibyou demo Koi ga Shitai!.

jmal said:

Waiting (too long) is very risky. Interest fades fast when fans have a hundred or more new shows to watch every year, because brains (not to mention wallets) can only process so much. If you wait, you have to count on the fandom staying stable or increasing during that time, and that's not true for many franchises. Particularly when the original source material has dried up, as it has in K-ON!'s case.

Of course it all comes down to how long "too long" is. K-ON! is undoubtedly far more resilient than most late night anime, both in the size and fervor of its fanbase.
True. As you said, it's far more resilient than most anime. However, I think a 2-3 year break is good for everyone. Too much exposure can be bad and 2-3 years shouldn't hurt it that much considering KyoAni's prestige.

Heck, Haruhi's second season released 3 years later yet still managed to sell 20k avg ( Even with EE lol ) so I wouldn't be too surprised if they came out with a season 3 of K-ON 2-3 years from now and it still managed to sell 20k+.

jmal said:

They're still a small studio by industry standards, and still don't work on more than one or two projects at a time. And they put everything they've got into giving each series they animate the highest possible production values. Whether that's three people talking in a room or a massive battle, the craftsmanship is evident.
Agreed. That's what I love about them; they give each anime they release their best. It's exactly why a studio like them needs to branch out into other genres!
YveseJul 24, 2012 10:11 PM
Jul 25, 2012 12:44 AM
Jul 2012
Good to see Spice and Wolf made the list at least. I'm hopeful that if the boxed re-release of Season I and II sell well, they'll be encouraged to push a Season III out. Here's to hoping!
Jul 25, 2012 4:54 AM
Apr 2012
That Totoro/Grave of Fireflies Combo better get a Region B or All Region release, want it so bad.
Jul 25, 2012 6:17 AM
Apr 2010
dtshyk said:

*4, 14,328 *14,328 Hanazawa Kana "Hatsukoi no Oto"
*8, 11,794 *11,794 Campione! "Raise"

If it's Kana, it can't go wrong. Glad that Yui Ogura's "Raise" is selling, one of my favourite OP/ED songs from this season of anime. Plus the other track, Pon de Fighting, is just as awesome. I guess the AW OP2 Burst The Gravity CD will be on the next chart, looking forward to seeing the results for that.
Jul 25, 2012 10:20 AM

May 2008
K-ON so much >.< need 2 still watch season 2 :o
Jul 25, 2012 7:04 PM

May 2011
K-ON, Nuff said
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.

More topics from this board

» Original Anime Movie 'A New Dawn' Announced for 2025

DatRandomDude - Apr 23

5 by dimidrum »»
9 hours ago

» 'Mahoutsukai no Yakusoku' Announces Production Staff, Cast

DatRandomDude - Yesterday

4 by Memore »»
11 hours ago

» 'Maougun Saikyou no Majutsushi wa Ningen datta' Announces Supporting Cast

Hyperion_PS - Yesterday

0 by Hyperion_PS »»
Yesterday, 12:19 PM

» 'Suki demo Kirai na Amanojaku' Reveals Additional Cast, Trailer

Hyperion_PS - Yesterday

1 by RobertBobert »»
Yesterday, 11:45 AM

» Manga 'Ninja to Koroshiya no Futarigurashi' Gets Anime

Vindstot - Apr 23

30 by RobertBobert »»
Yesterday, 11:09 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.