Forum Settings
Forums
New
Jul 22, 2012 8:27 PM

Jun 2012
So I am looking for the clasic damsel in distress anime.
The one where the knight in shining armor always gets to save the girl.
Kind of like how Saito allways manages to protect Louise (Zero no Tsukaima).
The girl doesnt need to be totaly useless but the stronger one should be the guy in the end.
If there are superpower(I like OP MCs) or fantastic elements (love kemonomimis) that would be great.
The genre should be action/adventure oriented with any amount of romance, the more the better.
Jul 22, 2012 9:32 PM

Apr 2012
The following (in no particular order), in my opinion, may be to your interest...

ChäoS;HEAd - Mystery, Sci-Fi, Harem, Supernatural, Psychological
[Regardless the harem classification, the show does meet nearly all the conditions of the given criteria - the exception being the "adventure" genre requirement]

The Place Promised in Our Early Days - Drama, Romance, Sci-Fi, Military [animated feature film]
RakutomiJul 22, 2012 9:38 PM

Jul 22, 2012 9:59 PM

Jan 2008
The entire theme is extremely common. Every shounen with a male protagonist and female romance interest would work and pretty much every harem because the main male character always somehow saves the girl even if he's useless.

Anyways,

Gurren Lagann. OP'd main character(s). Action + adventure. Hopefully your not one of those "I don't like it because it's mecha" guys.

In To Aru Majutsu no Index, Touma, the male main character, pretty much saves a different girl or girls every arc. Plenty of super powers / magic action fight. Not much adventure but on occasion he travels.

Not sure if you'll like older series, if not you can just watch the movie but Escaflowne would work pretty well. It doesn't have the kemono but there is a cat girl, though shes a secondary character. Action + adventure + mecha as well. Though it's more of a fantasy type mecha, not your general mechanic shooting laser beams mecha.

And though it doesn't fit the adventure genre and the action in it is pure comedy, Hayate no Gotoku. Hayate is always saving the girls.
PaulJul 22, 2012 10:06 PM
Jul 23, 2012 6:05 AM

Jun 2012
Had forgotten to add Chaoes Head to my list of completed, thanks anyway.

Im going to check To Aru Majutsu no Index out, but from what you are telling me there doesn't seem to be romance in it (between two characters, no harem).
Same question about Gurren Lagan and Hayate no Gotoku (is there any romance?).
And I have watched the anime escaflown.
Jul 23, 2012 2:32 PM

Jan 2008
Sorry, late reply, though it's not labeled a harem, Index is somehwat of a hidden harem, like Bakemonogatari. Hayate no Gotoku is a harem. The romance is much stronger and noticable in season 2.

Gurren Lagann there is romance.
Jul 23, 2012 2:36 PM

Apr 2009
Gurren Lagann definitely has romance. I'll second it.
Jul 24, 2012 3:50 AM

Jul 2012
Gurren Lagann definately
i'd also maybe reccomend soul eater
Jul 24, 2012 5:52 AM

Mar 2012
Try Mayo Chiki
Jul 24, 2012 12:34 PM

Jun 2012
Finished the second season of To Aru Majutsu no Index, I hope there is going to be a third season soon.
Probably going to take a look at Gurren Lagann next. I only saw the intro and I am not liking the cartoony looking Mechs at all. Still the redhead is making me want to watch it.
Alredy watched Mayo Chiki, thanks anyway.
marcosmkJul 24, 2012 12:38 PM
Jul 24, 2012 1:16 PM

Dec 2009
Guy saves girl?

Busou Renkin a.k.a. Armored Alchemist. Definitely have romance in it.

Full Metal Panic! Romance is there.
Once you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains must be the truth.

I Like My Woman Strong, Flat-Chested, Tall, Slender and Scarred

Yuri & Yaoi Hater

dA: http://flame13th.deviantart.com
Blog: http://flame13th.blogspot.com
Jul 24, 2012 1:20 PM

Apr 2009
marcosmk said:

Probably going to take a look at Gurren Lagann next. I only saw the intro and I am not liking the cartoony looking Mechs at all. Still the redhead is making me want to watch it..

As it's a bit of a parody of the mecha genre (and a reconstruction), the mecha are supposed to look that way. My advice? Just go with it. Because it really is a fantastic anime - I don't like mecha, but I like TTGL.
Jul 24, 2012 1:26 PM

Jun 2012
Thanks, I already watched Busou Renking and Full Metal Panic.
I am currently strating the third episode of Gurren Lagann and alredy like it.
Jul 29, 2012 12:05 AM

Jun 2012
Finished TTGL, AWESOME!
Jul 29, 2012 6:11 AM
Feb 2011
I don't know of any anime where "guy saves girl" is the entire point, as that would be pretty boring imo, but here are some with that element.

Castle in the Sky- Boy sometimes gets to save the girl, but she'd sooner break a bottle over her captor's head than wait to be rescued.

Oh yeah. I forgot about "Gosick". That one has what you want as kind of the point. I didn't like a lot of it though. Maybe you might. Same for "Katanagatari"

Lupin III: Castle of Cagliostro is about rescuing a princess. I love that movie.

In "Mirai Shounen Conan" the boy saves the girl a lot, but the girl also saves the boy a lot too. This series is my favorite one. Even though it's old. It's very good.

"Outlaw Star" also has what you want. As well as just about everything else lol.

Princess Mononoke- Definitely could classify some scenes from this movie as what you want. But the girl is a badass too.
Jul 29, 2012 8:09 AM

Jun 2012
Basicly I am sick of the usless male wuss, who cant survive without the females always saving him. Throw a little to a lot of romance in the mix and I will probably enjoy it.
Jul 29, 2012 12:13 PM
Jul 2012
Try Itsuka Tenma no Kuro Usagi if you haven't watch it
Jul 29, 2012 10:42 PM

Jun 2012
Already seen that one, thanks, keep the recomendations coming.
Jul 30, 2012 6:50 PM
Apr 2012
The Rose of Versailles.

Oscar saves and protects. the animation is old though.
ParaphJul 30, 2012 6:54 PM
Jul 30, 2012 7:05 PM
Feb 2011
All of the male leads in my suggestions are capable characters. Several of them I would even declare to be badasses.

Oh yeah also Fullmetal Panic
Jul 31, 2012 7:29 AM

Jun 2012
Does Hayate no Gotoku! have any (real) romance?
Jul 31, 2012 9:09 AM
Jan 2010
marcosmk said:
Does Hayate no Gotoku! have any (real) romance?

has bits and pieces of romance, not worth watching if your only going for the romance side of things though.
Aug 4, 2012 10:20 AM

Jun 2012
Bump from an awful internet conection, when I get home tonight I hope to have something good to watch.
Nov 19, 2014 3:18 AM

Jan 2014
marcosmk said:
So I am looking for the clasic damsel in distress anime.
The one where the knight in shining armor always gets to save the girl.
Kind of like how Saito allways manages to protect Louise (Zero no Tsukaima).
The girl doesnt need to be totaly useless but the stronger one should be the guy in the end.
If there are superpower(I like OP MCs) or fantastic elements (love kemonomimis) that would be great.
The genre should be action/adventure oriented with any amount of romance, the more the better.

Try Sword Art Online, It`s my favorite anime
http://myanimelist.net/anime/11757/Sword_Art_Online

More topics from this board

» Non-hentai anime with traumatizing rape?

stanklem28 - Feb 7, 2014

43 by LoveYourEyes »»
25 minutes ago

» Please recommend anime that has plot/tone sci-fi + fantasy?

Donkunsan - Apr 18

31 by PostMahouShoujo »»
2 hours ago

» Grim series for tonight

LoveYourEyes - Apr 1

19 by LoveYourEyes »»
3 hours ago

» I have read and watched so many reincarnated OP MC and 99.99% of them are focus on magic and non-magic is pretty much useless, but is plot with latter actually exist?

aLotQuestion_ - Apr 10

8 by Sorachin »»
3 hours ago

» Looking for Solo Leveling kind of anime

RiasuSama - Apr 16

8 by Sorachin »»
4 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.