Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Oct 10, 2008 9:07 AM

Apr 2008
I'm loving it. For 90% of the episode I was hoping that zero would beat the carp out of Kaname. The remaining 10% was Loving the ZeroxYuuki senes!
"Never imagine yourself not to be otherwise than what it might appear to others that what you were or might have been was not otherwise than what you had been would have appeared to them to be otherwise"
Oct 10, 2008 9:49 AM

Aug 2007
Great episode, a really promising start. I think Guilty will be better than the first season.
Oct 10, 2008 10:04 AM

Nov 2007
1st op was way better :/
and i dont know why, but i like the manga much more than the anime :(
Oct 10, 2008 10:27 AM

Feb 2008
Yuuki's eyes? WTF.
Long haired Yuki was awesome (in the OP) and the ED is awesome.
Overall, it's just like last season, but I enjoyed the Zero x Yuuki scene :\

"There are many things about you that I can overlook, however...that horrible choice of an apron cannot be overlooked!"

LOL.
Oct 10, 2008 11:35 AM

Oct 2007
LolitaDecay said:
Yuuki's eyes? WTF.

LOL Def. noticed that right from the start. even for anime standards her eyes were freakishly large. When she started crying i could help but laugh and think oh no she's leaking!!! she's going to drain herself of all her fluids!!

1st season OP< 2nd season OP
1st season ED > 2nd season ED

Newayz a pretty good start. it's starting way better than the last ended and hopefully it will keep up at a good pace. I was always annoyed with how Yuuki teased Zero in the series and the manga. this time we got a lil teasing from Zero! oww!! "never mind" lol if that isn't a burn i don't know what is.
Oct 10, 2008 11:54 AM

Jul 2008
It was a strong start to the second season. It recaped some of the important events from last season and still managed to remain great in it's own right. It din't waste muh time getting to the point either. Can't wait for the next few episodes where things really start happening.

I don't think there's anything wrong with the new opening or ending, although the first season's definitely was better.
Oct 10, 2008 12:17 PM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007
The only thing I liked about this episode was the ED. The animation got even worse?

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
Oct 10, 2008 12:28 PM

Aug 2008
I freakin cried through the ep xD it was too good :)
Oct 10, 2008 12:45 PM
Sep 2007
the ending of this episode had me on the verge of tears....

ZeroXYuki!!!
Oct 10, 2008 12:59 PM

May 2007
I thought it was a nice start to the 2nd season and I seriously hope someone takes care of Kaname. Never really liked that character. The OP and ED are also great.
Oct 10, 2008 1:41 PM

Jul 2008
cyruz said:
The only thing I liked about this episode was the ED. The animation got even worse?

Nah, I think they are going to mix blood lust and ecchi. Should check my pic of the ED. THAT WAS NOT in last season at all.
Oops! I appear to be incapable of following Rules 16 and 17, so I had to have a mod change my sig for me.
Oct 10, 2008 1:53 PM

Feb 2008
cyruz said:
Tbh, I think the animation was on par with some of the later episodes of the first season. Either way I don't understand how people can say the animation got better.
Oct 10, 2008 3:00 PM
Observer

Nov 2007
angel999 said:
cyruz said:

Nah, I think they are going to mix blood lust and ecchi. Should check my pic of the ED. THAT WAS NOT in last season at all.

lol....Yuuki strips herself...

Hope they don't mess up again like last time...
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Oct 10, 2008 3:20 PM

Jun 2008
lols the new op and ending theme songs are great

"...and so the lion fell in love with the lamb"
Oct 10, 2008 5:43 PM

Aug 2008
not bad, nice to see Zero do some damage the pureblood did him some good

I honestly miss the original ED, but the new one is still good. I never liked the OP that much
Oct 10, 2008 6:49 PM

Jul 2008
DonKangolJones said:
not bad, nice to see Zero do some damage the pureblood did him some good

I honestly miss the original ED, but the new one is still good. I never liked the OP that much

I second the damage done by ZERO. Indeed finally he fights more and we get to SEE THAT!

DonKangolJones------------>NICE POINTING THAT OUT CAUSE IN THE FIRST SEASON WE DID SEE HIM FIGHT AS MUCH PUREBLOODS.
Oops! I appear to be incapable of following Rules 16 and 17, so I had to have a mod change my sig for me.
Oct 10, 2008 6:52 PM

May 2008
I liked the episode !!! The animation did not matter much to me...im gussin im like the only one who likes Kaname !!!! I like Zero too but 4 some reason i jus really like Kaname !! Great episode even though i was type lost on some partz.....maybe if i watch da last ep of season one again.....Anyway last scene was great !!!! Cant wait for ep 2 !
Oct 10, 2008 11:13 PM

Jun 2007
Animation... i give up =_=
Episode was good, have to admit, really liked the OP
Nice start.
Oct 11, 2008 1:34 AM

Oct 2008
Oct 11, 2008 3:49 AM

Sep 2007
As i have waited for this <3 just as much excitement as last season!

Oct 11, 2008 8:31 AM

Apr 2008
Looking more promising than season 1, yo.
UGHHH, Zero/Yuuki is so awesome.

I'mma miss Still Doll, though. :(
ummyeahOct 11, 2008 8:47 AM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 11, 2008 8:58 AM

Mar 2008
I miss the old op and ed. Hope this season will be better than s1 and epi1 was good.
~Friendship is so sweet that it can cause tooth decay~

~Respect the losers, cause without them, there'll be no winners~
Oct 11, 2008 9:43 AM

Jul 2008
YungInfamouz said:
woah they amped up the gay level....
why can't it be like it was back in the first 2 episodes of vampire knight with out all this gay bullshit.
The chairman is so gay wearing that hello kitty shit apron.

WOW first time I hear this..........PLEASE TELL ME MORE OF WHY IS IT LIKE THAT????

I did not find it like this but might it have gotten too much. Can you compare with S1?
Oct 11, 2008 10:55 AM
Jul 2008
Zero and Yuki are goood, except for Yuki's eyes?! What's up with that?? How big do you need them to be?? Meh...still I liked it, I was waiting for that kiss almost...XD
The flashbacks were also good, not too long, wasn't boring at all, on the contrary great opening episode.
Oct 11, 2008 12:24 PM
Lead Admin
Faerie Queen

Aug 2007
cyruz said:
At very first I was thinking, "maybe, maybe it got better...?" and then the OP played, and I realized the truth. But I don't think it got worse; I think it's just as bad as last season.

angel999 said:
IS IT ME OR ED IS MORE ECCHI THAN LAST ONE???????????
I would not consider the ED as ecchi at all. If you'd like an ecchi series playing this season, I'd refer you to Rosario+Vampire.

YungInfamouz said:
woah they amped up the gay level....
If you're referring to the emo-ness of this series as gay, that's never going to disappear. And the directors/writers just seem to draw out the emo aspects of all the characters like fillers... If you're talking about characters being gay, none of them are.

First episode was alright. If I get the time, I'd like to watch the season through, just to see if I get some of the scenes I want animated, animated well. But this is definitely not a priority for me in a season otherwise full of potentially good series.
Oct 11, 2008 3:08 PM

May 2008
I dont like the new op, Akaku akaku was way better. New ED is nice, like it.

The episode overall is not bad. Waiting for next. Imiss Ichiru <33333

Oct 11, 2008 6:55 PM

Sep 2008
me too, i dont like the op--

i love the new Zero....
Oct 12, 2008 9:07 AM

Jan 2008
The episode for this season seemed to have the same feel as last season, and that makes me rather happy. Admittedly the opening theme isn't quite as catchy as the first one, but it's still decent. The ending theme on the other hand is just plain creepy. Not that the last one wasn't, but this one's just added a whole new level of creepiness to it. I mean, butterfly wings made out of blood? Sheesh.
I reject your reality, and substitute my own.
Oct 12, 2008 12:01 PM

May 2008
Finally^^ And Yuuki is so cute as usual^^
Oct 12, 2008 12:17 PM

Jan 2008
Although I enjoyed both the opening and ending, I prefer the ones from the previous season. I think this season got off to a good start though.

I'm really looking forward to seeing more of Kaname, although I get the feeling I'm probably in the minority regarding that.
Oct 12, 2008 1:20 PM

May 2008
just watched it awesome episode
like most people i didnt like the OP but i did like the ED
Gosh i wished he had kissed her there at the end he was so close
Oct 12, 2008 5:56 PM

Apr 2007
I've read manga and knew at the yuukiXZero scene that zero was gonna stop, but i was still like "AMG so close!". I've been wondering who i liked more with yuuki but now that i see how zero is starting too love yuuki and kaname just being a bitch...'

Altought i like the scene where he said smth with "The power you had to protect yuuki was because of my blood in ur veins, so it's like im still protecting her"...haha owned :P

I'm not an opening or ending lover anyway, did see em but they are fine too me cause gonna skip em later anyway :P

Oct 12, 2008 11:24 PM

Oct 2008
Really, they could have done a better op and ed. I hope they change both of them very soon. Anyway, it was a good episode but I think the plot is going very slow or I just want to watch them straightaway. xD Ah, I love that angry modes of Kuran Kaname! (For example, that tree scene. Ichijou scared to death after that. xD) And one negative point about the series, there is a big gap between the manga's art and the anime's art. If I hadn't read the manga, I wouldn't love Kuran Kanama so much. Anime's art is so simple when you compare it to the manga's art. Whatever, I want to watch other episodes immediately. O.O
Oct 12, 2008 11:28 PM

Aug 2008
The animation didn't really get better. I get the feeling they even tried to make as little animation as possible in the OP and ED. That is kinda disappointing since the songs are pretty good (so much as the last songs), but not surprising.

What I like about the second season is the far better character design in close up frames. Kaname and Zero look as good as in the manga. Finally!!!! Unfortunately this doesn't aply to Yuuki. Is that fanservice for all the female VKG fans? The guys look better, but the girls are neglected in the character design.

What does "Guilty" mean anyway? Any reason or meaning behind the word?
Oct 12, 2008 11:46 PM

Oct 2008
ivy2005 said:
What does "Guilty" mean anyway? Any reason or meaning behind the word?

Now Zero is guilty and sentenced to death for killing Shizuka. So maybe it's related to that. I'm not sure though. o.O
Oct 12, 2008 11:59 PM

Jan 2008
Its nice that the show seems to pick up where it stopped and has the same feel as last season (although its been so long i kinda forgot wtf was going on). Seems like it will be pretty cool, with the Council starting to send people to assassinate Zero and everything. looking forward to it.

Oh and blah blah op and ed sucked etc etc. don't really care but everyone else seemed to comment on it so i thought i would follow the trend :D
Oct 13, 2008 12:41 AM

Aug 2008
feculentiara said:
Now Zero is guilty and sentenced to death for killing Shizuka. So maybe it's related to that. I'm not sure though. o.O

That could be. It would make sense... I wonder what is so bad about naming it as a second season. Calling it VK Guilty seems like a lame attemp to make us belive that it's a complete new series XD (I am strict, aren't I *muhahahaha*)

@ kawaiimisato: The pressure of the forum has a effect ;)
Oct 13, 2008 12:04 PM

Jun 2008
Wah, I miss the first season's opening! It was so catchy, I loved singing to it :D

SUPER ZERO , I love hims x10! & Kaname is looking great, Yuuki's eyes are huge, and I love that Chairman! Ending wasn't too bad though, preffered it over the opening c:
Oct 14, 2008 4:14 PM

Aug 2008
I don't know but I did not like this episode as much as I did the first one of the first season. Also I did not like the OP as much but I liked the ED more than last seasons. I want to give this season more time cause I think if it follows the manga closely it will end up being just as good.
Oct 14, 2008 9:11 PM

Jan 2008
I think this S2 is improving. About OP and ED, the OP is just ok. Nothing amazing. Almost similar with S1. The ED sounds better than in S1. Will continue watching.
Oct 15, 2008 12:47 AM

Oct 2007
mmmm... sexy episode
Oct 16, 2008 7:04 AM

Sep 2008
I like this episode ^^ About OP and ED - I don't like new OP the last one was better ^^ ED is very good but not better than first one ^^
oxo.anime.xox.manga.oxo.
Oct 16, 2008 2:26 PM
Oct 2008
I liked it, Oy was really good^^
Oct 17, 2008 9:19 PM

Jul 2007
I wasn't sure if I wanted to start this but its 13 episode so meh, hopefully it turns out better than the first season.
Anyway this episode wasn't too bad.
Oct 20, 2008 1:01 PM
Mar 2008
I do not why .. but I lost the excitement watching the second season ... not like the first ...

Maybe because the character now is a bit lame to ... there is nothing new ... if like this, there is no point in creating second season ...
Nov 8, 2008 7:27 PM
Nov 2007
Well im downloading episode 1 right now but let me just say right off the bat that I really was not very impressed with Season 1. I watched it a while back so I dont remember the details but I do remember that the writing and characters were not very good and you kinda knew that at some point or another Kuran is going to turn evil. On the other hand I do have to say that I was moderately impressed with the unique setting (school with a class full of vampires) and its also unique because it is one of the few animes out there where there are actually more male characters than female (of course that raises the question if that is a good thing or not? ^_^) The main two voice actors, Miyano Mamoru (Yamagami Light), and Horie Yui (Ayu from Kannon, Naru Narusegawa from Love Hina, Tohru Honda from Fruits Baskets, and many more) do a wonderful job and so too do all the other voice actors.

Anyway im hoping that this second season does a better job and now it looks like its finished so lets begin.

Comments made while watching:

-Oh hey the Zerg, I mean Schoolgirl swarm is back! I forgot about them ^_^, Live for the swarm...er for Aidou-senpai :D

-Hey Zero's back, I thought he was killed by Suzaku...oh wait different guy...

-Thats looks like Kaname's jealous face, granted all his faces look pretty much the same but im guessing he is giving Zero his jealous face...yup we are going with that.

-Im guessing the opening theme was written after eating nachos and playing Castelvania. (Please dont ask me how I came up with that, im not quite sure myself and that kind of scares me.)

-We pledge allegiance to the flag of Kaname-sama... (after listening to his request)

-You sick girl, you WANTED him to have a drink didnt you?

-"Sticking your neck out for me." Not sure if the pun was intentional but I laughed a bit.

-Thank you Maria-san for giving us the basic plot of season 2 in the first episode...

-They still have yet too explain how Yuuki can jump that high if she is just a normal, albeit and athletic, human girl.

-"Hello young lady, is this Cross Academy?" No this is Pizza Hut.

-Zero's timing is perfect as always.

-Oh yeah I forgot, Zero drank Kaname's blood and is therefore much more powerful than he was in season 1...oh hooray!

-Yuuki, dont piss off Kaname, if he ever decides that you arent worth it, your screwed!

"The only reason you are able to protect Yuuki is because of my blood" Wow Kaname sure knows how to press just the right buttons.

-Yuuki, why did you decide to dry your hair in the living room in front of the sofa that Zero happened to be sleeping on?

Post episode comments:

Well I have to say the first episode of this season did a pretty good job, I mean it assumes that you saw the ending of Season 1 but if you are watching Season 2 first then thats on you. Looks like the plot has been basically layed out but if the story has improved from last season then I would expect at least a few twists but time will tell, on to episode 2.

Nov 23, 2008 4:54 PM

Jun 2008
pretty awesome
Dec 17, 2008 7:25 AM

Dec 2008
seekster said:

-"Sticking your neck out for me." Not sure if the pun was intentional but I laughed a bit.

-"Hello young lady, is this Cross Academy?" No this is Pizza Hut.

-Yuuki, why did you decide to dry your hair in the living room in front of the sofa that Zero happened to be sleeping on?

Awesome comments; I didn't think of this episode as particularly funny as first, but... ^^
"I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
Jan 25, 2009 12:51 AM
Mar 2008
Didn't like the OP but this episode was awesome.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Vampire Knight Guilty Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

DeadIEnd - Dec 29, 2008

242 by almightybismarck »»
Feb 11, 8:05 PM

Poll: » Vampire Knight Guilty Episode 12 Discussion

lonehunter88 - Dec 22, 2008

46 by almightybismarck »»
Feb 7, 8:59 PM

Poll: » Vampire Knight Guilty Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Kuemauricebackup - Dec 16, 2008

56 by almightybismarck »»
Feb 7, 8:17 PM

Poll: » Vampire Knight Guilty Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

lolz123 - Dec 10, 2008

50 by almightybismarck »»
Feb 1, 3:30 AM

Poll: » Vampire Knight Guilty Episode 9 Discussion

Kuemauricebackup - Dec 1, 2008

45 by almightybismarck »»
Jan 27, 10:43 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.