Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Sword Art Online (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (15) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Jul 21, 2012 4:12 PM

Jul 2011
I think we'll finally be moving away from the side stories and back to the 1st novel....

Pacing is very bad for anime x.x I mean episode one was kinda stretched thin while 2 and 3 are way too condensed. hope for something better in episode 4
Jul 21, 2012 4:14 PM
Lewd Depresso

Jul 2008
and thats how mian char grows colder,stronger,badasser and locked.. hopefully he will finish game to avoid deaths.

.. and i hope dude who made game will die irl..
Jul 21, 2012 4:20 PM

May 2010
This episode definitely felt rushed to me... We didn't even have a chance to get to know the members of the "Black Cats" or their back story. But, it was still a really sad and touching episode (I felt so bad for Sachi ;-;)

I'll definitely start reading the LN very soon (I really love this anime and I know that I'll really enjoy the LN.)
Jul 21, 2012 4:22 PM

Nov 2011
Honestly, the large time skips are kind of making it hard to get into the show.
The deaths of the people in the guild were sad, but they had so little screen time that I wasn't really emotionally effected. I wish we would have gotten to know the characters, specifically Sachi, better.
I'm a bit disappointed, I kind of wish they wouldn't have rushed this as much.

Hopefully the next episode will be better!!
魔法少女グレイシー
Jul 2011
Worst episode yet.

1/5

May 2010
KawaiiBitch said:
Honestly, the large time skips are kind of making it hard to get iinto the show.
The deaths of the people in the guild were sad, but they had so little screen time that I wasn't really emotionally effected.
I'm a bit disappointed, I kind of wished they wouldn't have rushed this as much.

Hopefully the next episode will be better!!

I agree 100%
Jul 21, 2012 4:23 PM

Feb 2009
Not sure about that pacing, and I'm kinda confused about what's going on. It's hard to bring myself to care about Sachi dying when she was only introduced in this episode.

The ending was good though... but I think this show is going to end up disappointing many people, including myself. Gotta say though, I'm glad they aren't shying away from killing people off.
Jul 21, 2012 4:26 PM

Sep 2009
Main plot would start from about ep. 6 cause they still need to adapt 2 side-stories which mainly take place before the main events of SAO
Jul 21, 2012 4:29 PM

Feb 2012
For people saying it's rushed expect it!

I didn't really get teary eyed on this because obviously it's a side story and, it takes more then a episode or 2 to connect you with the characters to really feel sad about it. Side stories will be rushed expect it!
Jul 21, 2012 4:30 PM

Feb 2009
Nachtwandler_21 said:
Main plot would start from about ep. 6 cause they still need to adapt 2 side-stories which mainly take place before the main events of SAO

Ugh, they're proving to be not so good with these side stories based off of the negative reactions to episode 2/3 (though personally, I enjoyed 2 as an anime only viewer). Looks like a couple more episodes of rushing. :/ A shame, episode 1 was excellent.
Jul 21, 2012 4:31 PM
Mar 2012
so yeah if this anime can reach over 50 episodes easily due to the light novel's popularity, why is it so rushed?
because I can't see the relation between taking a whole ep to beat the first floor and in the next episode they are already at floor 28
Jul 21, 2012 4:33 PM

Feb 2011
SlashBeast said:
Anyway, glad I readed first 4 volumes of SAO LN, otherwise I propably woudnt understand even a half of it what happend there.
didn't read those yet and i'm following it fine enouth
don't get all the complains about the pace, well sure if you have read the LN it's understandable, i'm picky on adaptations too.. (main reason i'm refraining from reading the LN untill the anime has ended)
but i'm liking this pace a lot, each episode has many things happening, that's how i like animes and mangas

really emotional episode, those rare items strict hidden rules are so annoying (wonder who's the one to start those rumors and where those info come from)

two big alliances/guilds got named, and one showed up for a moment (the holy dragon alliance), wonder if the other one is similar or acts on different goals

good to see klein survived well with his group and they're also in the top floors tier

was wondering how they move from different floors, like when kirito moved to 28 from 11 during night to go training, guess they use teleport for that too

Fixes to make the Profile more bearable after "the Modern★Profile★Update★★Rip★Profile★"
Jul 21, 2012 4:35 PM

Nov 2011
No no no... this is just too depressing for my sensitive soul. To kill such a cute girl! Is it similarly depressing later on? I'm gonna drop it, if it is :/

GET DROPBOX HERE!
Bonus space for you and me with this link! Now 500MB per referral, up to 16GB from referrals alone.
Jul 21, 2012 4:37 PM

Dec 2011
Nachtwandler_21 said:

Hmm so they're currently telling us the back story huh? even so they shouldn't have really done it this fast, Im sure people are going to completely forget Sachi and the guild once the main storyline starts. I guess its almost like a flashback sequence of Kirito's memories then.

If thats the case Hopefully once the "main" story line starts the development will be much more clearly detailed.
Jul 21, 2012 4:38 PM

Aug 2011
I think that there will probably be a lot of questions after this ep, so I'll just explain some of the things that I noticed weren't explained enough.
*Right after Sachi dies, there is a short time skip.
*Kirito knew that there would be trouble on the upper floors, but didn't tell them because he wasn't meant to know based on what he had told them (lying about his level). He still thought that they could manage somehow if they got in trouble as his level was really high (what he meant when he said his arrogance had killed them). He also wasn't aware of the hidden door, and also knew that the chest was trouble. But he didn't say it immediately, because he was having doubts about how to explain how he knows. When he decides to tell them to stop, too late! they all get annihilated except for Kirito, who managed to survive. If Kirito had not helped them, they wouldn't have been at the level to attempt the dungeon therefore wouldn't have died. Well, that's his reasoning.
*Kirito lied about his level because he wanted to fit in more. Kirito liked the feeling of being depended upon, as he was solo this whole time and never socialized.
*Kirito had the slightl hope that the revive item would work on someone who has been dead for that long because they didn't know for sure WHEN the person died. For all they knew, they could still be kept alive, then killed later all at once when the game ended. Doesn't make much sense, but he was pretty desperate.
*Outside of the 'safe zones' (towns, etc) players can hurt players, so PK is possible. Inside the safe zone, you can not take damage, and any attacks will be nullified (except in PvP). This is how Klein managed to fight against the Dragon Alliance. Of course, killing another player is not in your best interests in the first place as more people = more chance of beating the game.

etc...
I thought the ep in general was alright, just really rushed.
RaisinMuffinsJul 21, 2012 4:51 PM
Jul 21, 2012 4:40 PM
Mar 2012
so how did klein & co manage to defeat the notorious guild again?
Jul 21, 2012 4:43 PM

Aug 2010
Although the episode was really fast the emotion was done well.
Jul 21, 2012 4:43 PM
Apr 2009
I had decently high hopes for this show pre-season, but so far it's pathetic. Laughably so, really.
Jul 21, 2012 4:44 PM
Jun 2009
GOD this death was so damn obvious since the invitation.
too bad there's no magic.
how the hell could the resurrection stone work anyway? I mean on this Sachi girl for example. her brain stopped working A LONG WHILE AGO, for god's sake. (it was for the best, she irritated me.)
I think I'm too old for this anime... but I enjoy it very much... even though its plot holes are really annoying.
Jul 21, 2012 4:45 PM
Jan 2009
Zeando said:
really emotional episode, those rare items strict hidden rules are so annoying (wonder who's the one to start those rumors and where those info come from)
Thats well explained in LN.

Zeando said:
was wondering how they move from different floors, like when kirito moved to 28 from 11 during night to go training, guess they use teleport for that too

After clearning each floor's boss and opening door the teleport gate allows you to teleport to next floor. Its on each floor.

Thats what I was talking about, it was so rushed that you don't even understand whats going on there...
Jul 21, 2012 4:47 PM

Feb 2011
Shaduge said:
so how did klein & co manage to defeat the notorious guild again?
just guessing, but that group klein&co. sparred with wasn't the big guild as a whole, but only an expedition group
still guessing but they may have retired, i don't see klein killing them all

SlashBeast said:
Zeando said:
Thats well explained in LN.
thanks for the info, interesting

SlashBeast said:
Thats what I was talking about, it was so rushed that you don't even understand whats going on there...
where is the fun if you have all explained? i like to guess things
it wasn't really guessing about the floor-teleport, since it was showed by the leader of the black cats when he went to buy the house
ZeandoJul 21, 2012 4:51 PM

Fixes to make the Profile more bearable after "the Modern★Profile★Update★★Rip★Profile★"
Jul 21, 2012 4:52 PM

Feb 2012
WTF overly rushed... the drama was not enough and it would be hard to understand the episode's story for those who didn't read the LN.

btw the notorious guild was supposed to be defeated in a one on one duel by Cline with the leader.
Jul 21, 2012 4:55 PM

Apr 2012
So predictable and forced. Death of teammates->Berserking->Teenage angst.
They didn't explain how he got out of that trap nor how he killed that boss.
And How did Klein survive outnumbered against a famous guild?
Another thing I found unrealistic is that team leader guy. "You are a beater and team mates are all dead. I must commit suicide to redeem my shamefur dispray".
Inb4 hurr it's an anime/game, not supposed to be realistic.
And Yuki Kajiura is recycling her soundtracks again...the one where he hears that dead girl's message sounds like a blend of "Rule the Battlefield" and "Painful"...

They really should focus more on Kirito's relationship with Klein instead of this stuff...
BloodRequiemJul 21, 2012 4:58 PM
As a child, I was told that society is a melting pot of talents; knowledge and experience combined to form important alloys that will contribute to mankind. When I got to highschool, however, I thought that it's more like a river in which the water represents our peers while we ourselves are the stones in the river. Constant erosion by mindless majority sheeping has made us lose our unique edge. After I hit the age of 18, I realized that I've been wrong all along. Society is no melting pot. Society is no river. Society is a person, a very skilled rapist, and he has fucked us all.
Jul 21, 2012 4:58 PM
Oct 2010
BloodRequiem said:
The grief for the death of someone you care about is teenage angst? Oh, you're so blissfully stupid.
"Against stupidity the gods themselves contend in vain"
Friedrich Schiller
Jul 21, 2012 5:00 PM

Apr 2012
Ajunky said:
BloodRequiem said:
The grief for the death of someone you care about is teenage angst? Oh, you're so blissfully stupid.

I like how you resort to personal attacks when all I've done was picking out some plotholes/cliches. Many jimmies are rustled today.
As a child, I was told that society is a melting pot of talents; knowledge and experience combined to form important alloys that will contribute to mankind. When I got to highschool, however, I thought that it's more like a river in which the water represents our peers while we ourselves are the stones in the river. Constant erosion by mindless majority sheeping has made us lose our unique edge. After I hit the age of 18, I realized that I've been wrong all along. Society is no melting pot. Society is no river. Society is a person, a very skilled rapist, and he has fucked us all.
Jan 2010
BloodRequiem said:

Another thing I found realistic is that team leader guy. "You are a beater and team mates are all dead. I must commit suicide to redeem my shamefur dispray".

I'm confused as to what you're trying to convey with this message.
However, it was said that all of the guild members were close friends in real life.

Edit: oh, just saw your new message. Okay I gotcha.

Mar 2012
Ugh this is way too fast I guess i'll go read the light novel...
It seemed so melodramatic but I didn't feel sad at all, I mean the characters that died only lasted like 10 minutes anyway. It feels like they are just trying to advance the plot as fast as possible.

Apr 2012
MegamanZen said:
BloodRequiem said:

Another thing I found realistic is that team leader guy. "You are a beater and team mates are all dead. I must commit suicide to redeem my shamefur dispray".

I'm confused as to what you're trying to convey with this message.
However, it was said that all of the guild members were close friends in real life.

Not a good reason to commit suicide.
Jul 21, 2012 5:03 PM
Oct 2010
BloodRequiem said:
Ajunky said:
BloodRequiem said:

I like how you resort to personal attacks when all I've done was picking out some plotholes/cliches. Many jimmies are rustled today.
Glad you like it, and it sound like your jimmy is far more rustled than mine.
Friedrich Schiller
Jul 21, 2012 5:03 PM

Sep 2009
More than this episode being rushed, it seems that the series in itself is rushed. It has so much potential, and if everything could be slowed down a pace or two it could really be a masterpiece.

The emotions were definitely well captured in this episode though. I thought Sachi was rather annoying at first, but in the end my opinion of her did a 180.

I was also glad to see Klein again, his character's a splash of optimism in a sea of angst.
Jul 21, 2012 5:06 PM

Apr 2012
Ajunky said:
BloodRequiem said:
Ajunky said:
BloodRequiem said:

Glad you like it, and it sound like your jimmy is far more rustled than mine.

Which still doesn't contradict my statement because I never specified the number nor the owners of the jimmies.

xxSaspra said:

I was also glad to see Klein again, his character's a splash of optimism in a sea of angst.

Definitely. He was the only other character so far that was remotely developed.

GoodOldBob said:
It seemed so melodramatic but I didn't feel sad at all, I mean the characters that died only lasted like 10 minutes anyway. It feels like they are just trying to advance the plot as fast as possible.

It does seem rushed.
The team members are pretty much faceless characters without any development. The impact of their deaths were lost because the audience never really got to know them.
BloodRequiemJul 21, 2012 5:09 PM
Jul 21, 2012 5:07 PM
Oct 2010
BloodRequiem said:
Which still doesn't contradict my statement because I never specified the number nor the owners of the jimmies.
Fair enough.
Friedrich Schiller
Jul 21, 2012 5:09 PM

Jan 2012
Oosran said:
Incredibly rushed, and the intense feelings from the LN weren't really relayed all that well. I'm guessing there will be a lot of complaints due to not really understanding the situation and whatnot ._.
Still, it wasn't bad, and they did bring up most of the important parts.
Like, Sachi ;______;

And there were some things that I really wanted them to show.
Like, Argo for example. I was thinking maybe they'd cut her out completely due to the previous episode, but no, she just made a later than expected appearance.
She's supposed to have written that strategy book for the first boss.
And we got to know Kirito's level, which we could only guess at while reading the LN. Quite accurate guessing though.

Edit: Also, with this pace, I'm pretty sure where they're going to end this, and I... really approve of that decision. ( ¬‿¬)

Damn you. I was going to say "Inb4 Rushed comments". Any episode without Asuna isn't a real episode as far as I'm concerned. I don't mind it being rushed.
Jul 21, 2012 5:12 PM

Oct 2011
I'm kinda pissed right now. So freaking rushed. Can't stand it.
Though I have to admit, the tears came to me at at that ending, but that was probably only because it was my favorite scene from the light novel. Regardless, I feel disappointed about this ep as a fan of the light novels.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 21, 2012 5:15 PM

Jan 2012
Kurano said:
I'm kinda pissed right now. So freaking rushed. Can't stand it.
Though I have to admit, the tears came to me at at that ending, but that was probably only because it was my favorite scene from the light novel. Regardless, I feel disappointed about this ep as a fan of the light novels.

......Do the lot of you not understand the need to fit so much into a 20 minute time slot? -.-.....This is only a 20+ episode anime, and they have a lot of ground to cover. /facepalm.
Jul 21, 2012 5:17 PM
Jul 2012
i dont really like the rush....
im really disappointed in the anime version of SAO....
please somebody save SAO....
they've really ruined SAO....
i hope somebody would remake SAO that looks like the light novel....
*sigh*....
Jul 21, 2012 5:20 PM

Feb 2011
BloodRequiem said:
The impact of their deaths were lost because the audience never really got to know them.
..please, don't pretend to be called audience
the impact is different for each person, you can have groups thinking it in similar ways but you can't say all felt the episode the same way
moreso if someone didn't enjoyed it, it doesn't mean anyone can't enjoy it

unless you were arguing about the impact being smaller, there i can agree, but for me it wasn't lost at all

Jul 21, 2012 5:23 PM

Jul 2012
I agree, felt abit lost after the ep just not enough time was put in for character and emotional build up =/.

Although I did almost tear up abit when Sachi started humming

Rudolph, the red-nosed reindeer
had a very shiny nose.
And if you ever saw him,
you would even say it glows.
Then one foggy Christmas Eve
Santa came to say:
"Rudolph with your nose so bright,
won't you guide my sleigh tonight?"

Soo sad when you look at how it relates =/ Ill never be able to sing that song the same way again T_T
Jul 21, 2012 5:26 PM

Oct 2010
one episode is never enough
Jul 21, 2012 5:26 PM

May 2011
I thought it was some kind of madness that characters would take much of any risk in the kind of setting where they could loose their lives. If only they had listened to Kirito. Even though I didn't get much of a feel for the characters I still thought the pacing was fine, possibly because I didn't read the light novels. I wasn't interested in their stories any so I was fine with skipping over it. And yes, the last words from Sachi made me cry despite my disinterest in the group.

Klein made me really happy, I hope he sticks around for forevers. :P
Jul 21, 2012 5:27 PM

Jul 2011
that was rushed as hell, they never really left any room to show how close sachi and kirito had become and how they were similar in some aspects, to the eyes of the viewer, it looked like sachi and kirito just randomly slept together when in actual fact their friendship developed over a long period of time and that they were just "two black cats licking each others wounds"

though i must admit they did the episode well, they showed kirito's path to insanity and how he risked his life many times to get a high level, i also liked the ending where sachi's message kept him living when he lost the will to live knowing that revival potion cant save her

however the LN did it a lot more better than the anime, when you cram an emotional arc like red nose reindeer into 1 episode you get a rushed mess
Jul 21, 2012 5:31 PM

Mar 2010
Does most people think -every- episode is "rush rush rushed!" or something? Seems like that's all I see in each discussion...

Anyways.. sad episode.. almost cryed when I saw all of them die.. and seeing the guy killing himself by jumping off that bridge was painful D:
I hope Kirito finds his place to be soon.

Btw, to lighten the mood, is it just me or did Evil Santa clause look derpy as heck? xD His face.. I couldn't help but laugh despite the seriousness of the situation.
Jul 21, 2012 5:33 PM

Apr 2010
Best episode yet. Could really feel the emotion between Sachi and Kirito. I really hope he becomes strong enough to protect those around him at some point. He could have prevented the whole scenario if he'd just spoken up.

I haven't read the light novel so I can't understand all the negative feelings people have but yes the guild members were pretty much negligible apart from Sachi by the end due to no emotional attachment for them building up.

5/5
Jul 21, 2012 5:33 PM
Sep 2011
I enjoyed this episode allot and i do agree it was a bit rushed but it was still emotional.
Ugh i don't want to wait another week for the next episode.
Jul 21, 2012 5:35 PM
Sep 2011
I am so happy they killed off the guildies, I was worrying that this would end up swiftly turning into one of them "everyone but the man characters die but the main characters are immortal" shows, I have only read half of light novel one but I admit this was rushed as hell but...I don't reallly care it is a side story, it's not even required for the main series I wish they would skip them and come back to them later.
Jul 21, 2012 5:37 PM

Sep 2008
The track that played during Sacchin's message was mysteriously alike with the track "Rule the Battlefield" from Fate/Zero. Well, it is Yuki Kajiura in both series, but it seemed a little...cheap. It felt reused, so to speak.

Still pretty good music, tho.
Jul 21, 2012 5:42 PM

Jun 2010
I expected an eighteen pages of complaining that it's rushed but it seems like Im wrong.

IT WAS RUSHED! OMFG. That's what in my mind this whole episode. Even though rushing it is unavoidable, this is just... ridiculous. They could've at least made it 2 episodes. Why, oh why. Are they planning on animating all Volume One and Two in just 20ish episodes? If I didn't read the novel, I won't get a shit on what happened. Like "How the hell did Kirito advance so fast?", "What's the issue between Clein, I thought Kirito left them in episode 1?", "What the hell is the Holy Dragon Alliance?". They should have explained some of the mechanics of the game. They did already explain the use of swtiching? I don't know. It lacking a lot in the emotion department because it was so rushed. Even though there's a lot of crying and such. The non-LN readers don't really care because they don't even know the importance of that characters. They just suddenly appeared in Episode 3 and died in Episode 3. Like, wtf? There's no feeling of attachment for Sachi. Move on, go next with Scilica arc with 1 episode again? Oh wow. Maybe that could have worked if they followed the order in the LN but no. The problem is they did it chronologically but they are NOT considering the fact that there are important things that was explained in Volume 1 and Volume 2 is not just a simple side story. You still won't get Volume 2 if you haven't read Volume 1. The non-LN readers lacks the knowledge of what is going on. A-1 Pictures, dahell are you doing...

Im ranting hard because Im really mad when the source material is class SSS and it gets degraded in the adaptation. It's so sad that the non-LN readers won't enjoy the full potential of SAO. So my advise is, read the novel!

On the other side of me, I kinda feel happy if they are doing 1 episode for each Sachi, Scilica and Lizbeth. If they are doing that then they can finish Volume One and Volume Two of the novel. I just wanna see the romance between Kirito and Asuna and the badass boss-fighting of Kirito. If they are not really putting a lot of importance on this side characters, then I hope they focus mainly on Kirito, Asuna and KoB. That will be great I guess.

Still, sloppy start. I just kinda feel bad for the non-LN readers who doesn't really get what is happening. Must be tough for you guyz, just read the novel. Anyways, hoping for A LOT of improvement in the next episodes...
Jul 21, 2012 5:44 PM

Jul 2008
Quick note, I'll put in spoiler what is actually a spoiler. I might discuss some material that should have been animated this episode but didn't outside a spoiler tags.

dim100 said:
To the many who think it was rushed. Really? How what part, I mean the side story it was based on was only one chapter long, just like the Black Swordsman which is the next episode so it will probably be only one episode too. So I find it kind of hard to rush a single chapter. I will agree that the second episode was rushed, but this one, no chance in hell. I loved the episode in the way that it stayed true to the story where it counts.
Anyway I will get pissed if they condense Murder Case in the area into one episode cause that is rushing, but knowing them and they want to clear the SAO arc in 12 episodes to get to the Fairy Dance arc they will rush it, but tis a shame. No matter what though this anime is still awesome, even if it is rushed, it is never bad.

Lolwut?
This episode wasn't even a quarter as powerfull as it's chapter counterpart.

Kirito's lonelyness as being a solo player, his feeling once he started to get attached to his new guild's members weren't portrayed that well... How he had expectation of being with them on the front line in the future, how he finnally found a reason to live for other than himself.
Most of Kirito's developement, his fear, his personality comes from that one chapter.

Some kind of importants point were left out such as how, prior to their death, he shared a common inventory with Sacchi. This inventory wouldn't disapear after her death. He had to see that inventory every single time he opened his, being remembered of these sorrowfull memory, how he lied to her and was reponsible for her death... he was litteraly tormented by that.
These last words, he was really to give up his life just to know them.

This episode didn't even portrayed a quarter of the pain Kirito went through, how that made him the person he is now and how that would affect his, and everyone in Aincrad's future.

chanotek said:

*Right after Sachi dies, there is a short time skip.

Short is pretty relative, the front line was at floor 26th when he joined the guild while after the time skip he is on floor 46th

Also just to be sure people understand that well, in the original novel this story is done inside a flashback so theorically there isn't any timeskip but rather a 'return to the present'.

chanotek said:

*Kirito had the slightl hope that the revive item would work on someone who has been dead for that long because they didn't know for sure WHEN the person died. For all they knew, they could still be kept alive, then killed later all at once when the game ended. Doesn't make much sense, but he was pretty desperate.

What happen after death was unknown at that point. There was the possibility of the people dying being transported into a room where they'll be allowed to watch the remaining players and their fate would be decided when the game would reach it's end.
Basically either everyone lives in the end, either everyone die.
This item crushed that hope. Kirito understood all too well that this 10 seconds after death was the delay before the the server actually marked a player as dead and before the system started to kill the player's real body.
Jul 21, 2012 5:45 PM

Jan 2008
So... whats the max level? 9999? o____o

Series feels incredibly rushed, Ep2 is at floor 10 and now Ep 3 we're up to the 30's? I have a feeling they're gonna pull a Tower of Duaga on us.
Jul 21, 2012 5:46 PM

Nov 2011
The fight in the trapped room where the Moonlit Black Cats were wiped out was poorly done in my eyes. There was no sense of unity - everyone seemed to be fighting on their own, which seems crazy against so many enemies. They all fell too quickly for my taste, too. A longer, closer fight would have hit me harder emotionally.

Other than that, I thought the episode was pretty good. I especially liked the Christmas message from Sachi. I can understand why they needed to cut out some of the fights, and I didn't have a problem with that. I found it easy to sympathise with Kirito during his little emotional rollercoaster because I didn't feel the emotion was overdone, and it wasn't unbearably angsty since it happened within the space of one episode. I only wish that more attention could have been focused on the aforementioned swansong of the Moonlit Black Cats, because that was (or should have been) a pivotal, hard-hitting scene.
Pages (15) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kirito is the most best realistic character ever created. ( 1 2 )

Zark_42 - Apr 20

85 by LostSpectre »»
Apr 23, 4:42 AM

Poll: » Why does everyone call SAO an isekai ? ( 1 2 3 4 )

xMyst93 - May 1, 2020

164 by OneAutmmLeaf »»
Apr 21, 7:12 PM

» Overall do you enjoy watching SAO? What do you like about it? :) ( 1 2 )

Rinrinka - Apr 15

70 by Zimmu »»
Apr 21, 10:59 AM

Poll: » Sword Art Online Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

bippo - Dec 22, 2012

1445 by abahterunh »»
Apr 20, 9:10 AM

Poll: » Sword Art Online Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Nasty001 - Jul 4, 2012

949 by Zark_42 »»
Apr 20, 7:18 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.