Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Sword Art Online (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (15) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Jul 21, 2012 7:45 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------

A new character (Sachi) is introduced in this latest episode as the fear of death is discussed in the virtual world. Speaking of which, it seems that Black Cat just wrote their

Damn, think about something before you do it in this game lol.

Anyways, a bit rushed but also sad episode especially since Kirito seemed to just gained a new friend but...

Looking forward to next week's episode.
Stark700Jul 21, 2012 2:58 PM
Jul 21, 2012 8:22 AM

Oct 2010
I AM FUCKING PISSED AT the following,

damn it! She was so hot when she got into bed with the MC. Damn!

Second shit is the guy who suicides. Not a good message to have seen being shown. Suicide is never a option in desperation. It's the lame way of saying Fuck You all, I am going out without any of you. In other words lame way of saying goodbye to all. Glad to see Cline back!

TBH when the Santa Claus came in the following,

I was WTF really? Looks like Evil Santan Mkv # came again around. Since there are so many of them in animes. However the guy was obviously nuts in the head to be such of nasty appearance. Berserked is the least I would say of him. Might edit later.

BTW End Art in the spoiler
I like the way Sachi appears in it.
Yumekichi11Jul 21, 2012 1:28 PM

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
Jul 21, 2012 8:25 AM

Jan 2009
Incredibly rushed, and the intense feelings from the LN weren't really relayed all that well. I'm guessing there will be a lot of complaints due to not really understanding the situation and whatnot ._.
Still, it wasn't bad, and they did bring up most of the important parts.
Like, Sachi ;______;

And there were some things that I really wanted them to show.
Like, Argo for example. I was thinking maybe they'd cut her out completely due to the previous episode, but no, she just made a later than expected appearance.
She's supposed to have written that strategy book for the first boss.
And we got to know Kirito's level, which we could only guess at while reading the LN. Quite accurate guessing though.

Edit: Also, with this pace, I'm pretty sure where they're going to end this, and I... really approve of that decision. ( ¬‿¬)
OosranJul 21, 2012 8:51 AM
Protip: I don't really check the forums anymore, so if you want something, take it on my profile.
Is it time for my long-awaited return to the forums? щ(゚Д゚щ) Nope™, probably not.
Jul 21, 2012 8:33 AM

Oct 2010
Oosran said:
Incredibly rushed, and the intense feelings from the LN weren't really relayed all that well. I'm guessing there will be a lot of complaints due to not really understanding the situation and whatnot ._.
Still, it wasn't bad, and they did bring up most of the important parts.
I had the feeling it was hello, go on and oh WTF flashback suddenly only to amend to out of nowhere a boss and Cline. Seems they may want people to read the LN after all. It's a good way when one thinks of how many want to know more after seeing it.

What other way than reading? There is none so it's a smart way but yeah it ruins hopes of a proper adaptation and instead RUSHED it seems it shall be like you mention.

That being said at least the essential got done. Still RAGE at the girl dying. Normally one can even some hope to have things done a little different. NOPE! Girl still dies. Damn! She was still hot in bed. Although Asuna beats her for sure.

Jul 21, 2012 8:45 AM

Feb 2009
Sachi ;_______;
Really rushed. It didn't tug my heartstrings as much as I hoped.
And I was hoping Sachi would sing. Hayami Saori has good Engrish to sing Red-Nosed Reindeer.
Ah well, Klein was seen in the middle of the episode which is something new. And we got Argo too. And I still felt teary at some points. And Kirito's monologues are still present. Good enough for me.
Black Swordsman next. Cool.

inb4 more complaints and nitpicking ( ¬‿¬)
Jul 21, 2012 9:10 AM
Jul 2012
No Santa fight. As in the novel, though I hoped that they'd include this.
No Kirito losing his cool and trying to destroy the item.
No singing? Damn
Jul 21, 2012 9:32 AM

Nov 2007
Kirito joined a group, who invited him, and the girl sounds like Azuki from Bakuman (thought so, Hayami Saori-san!!). They want to become strong like Kirito, who has high level.

Wow, he can navigate people. She's afraid of the world. After the talk, he decided to protect everyone, that goal is impossible because right after that they got into trap.

New event? He decided to solve it and release the group because he didn't get to hear what she said. He defeated Santa monster pretty easily?

She kept a message before her death, and it got sent to him now. She knew that he lied about the level. It also includes her last word.

People that he knows also introduced.
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Jul 21, 2012 9:33 AM
Feb 2008
Rushed.
N'uf said.
Jul 21, 2012 10:13 AM

Jan 2008
Sigh.. 2 eps on this story would've been better... maybe i'm expecting too much or too sleepy at the moment
Jul 21, 2012 10:18 AM

Dec 2007
yeah yeah yeah, we get it, it was rushed, tell us something we don't know
Jul 21, 2012 10:28 AM

Oct 2010
Tekky99 said:
yeah yeah yeah, we get it, it was rushed, tell us something we don't know
This might be intersting to talk of from the club section:
http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=466515
join in whenever and be more liberal. It's a club so swearing and all is cooler there.
Teldara said:
Side Side Note: Kirito never saw Sachi as a significant other. He blamed himself for telling her lies saying she won't die. Sachi only slept in the same room with Kirito for comfort. Nothing lustful or the nature. Kirito almost completely lost it and thought of suicide, in his own way by just fighting until dying, until he heard the message.
So I see that's too bad cause Sachi is one hot chick and if Kirito wanted he could have had intercourse with her. However it was on her side for comfort however love in her case might have been a more powerful motivator in staying alive.

IMO Sachi would not have lost anything with this. I realize this is Virtual so sex would = to a mere pleasure of sensations however we don't know how powerful of a chemical motivation it might give, so Would have Sachi though longer and live if Kirito showed her love making? YES! TOTALLY! I would see her pump out more adrenaline like ever.

You might be surprised what a girl would do for love to protect it. OVER 9000 put it this way if she must use such tremendous powers.

However all this would cancel out Asuna x Kirito so maybe not the best of plans.

Jul 21, 2012 11:17 AM

Dec 2009
*Sigh* 20 Minutes felt like 5 minutes yet again. Such is the nature of adaptations. Still we can always go back to the source material and wallow in our sorrows ne?

Yumekichi11 said:

However all this would cancel out Asuna x Kirito so maybe not the best of plans.

This makes everything feel better now. ;_;
Jul 21, 2012 11:20 AM

Sep 2011
Good episode,Red-Nosed Reinder

Again the episode was rushed but i still think was less bad since the chapter itself its much easier to rush that Aria...also who didnt expect that the adaptation would be rushed were expecting to much.....LN adaptations=rushed as hell....still it SUCKS!!!

They keep somethings in there like the meeting beyond in wasnt in the dungeon was pretty good,Sachi and Kirito talk in the sewer was also decent,they change since Sachi and Kirito didnt sleep in the same bed the share the room but anyway the relation they had wasnt love,quoting the novel they were more likely stray cats that were licking each other’s wounds....
Still they also kept the trap scene pretty much intact still is sad that how rushed it was non novel readers couldnt feel the emotion of that scene.

After that the battle with Santa also untoched(like the novel they didnt reveal anything what happen beyond Kirito making it almost),really liked Kirito winter coat was pretty nice also the snow animated was awesome.
At the end we got the sad scene of the chapter Sachi message to Kirito while again wasnt as heart breaking as the novel was also good and is sad that she didnt sing -.-

Well hopefully once the main story start they will stop the rush...probably wont happen but one can dream!!

BTW SACHI NOOOOOOO!! T__T

GIFs/Avatars/SIGs on the Club!!http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=466759&show=0#post1
raxius1230Jul 21, 2012 9:13 PM
Jul 21, 2012 11:22 AM

Jul 2011
But much adaptation than Aria was.

Primary complaint would be the Kirito-Sachi relationship
mdzJul 22, 2012 12:26 AM
Jul 21, 2012 11:26 AM

Oct 2010
Netto_Azure said:
Yumekichi11 said:

This makes everything feel better now. ;_;
Yeah still :( at the girl dying. It just seemed so unfair when you think of what life would she lead on instead of having her brain microwaved to death due to a failure in a game.

Jul 21, 2012 11:39 AM

Jul 2010
I just hate character deaths that you just met in the same episode. Not enough punch there. Still, Sachi was a damn cute girl. Such a shame.
Jul 21, 2012 12:24 PM

Dec 2010
That was a really good episode.

When Sachi spoke to Kirito about how she was scared to die, I sensed the foreshadowing.

I kinda got pissed at first when she slept in the same bed as him - being an Asuna supporter. But what happened to her after was pretty sad.

The last message Sachi sent to Kirito was sad. This episode was well directed. A lot of emotions that actually made me sympathize with the characters.

Jul 21, 2012 12:50 PM

Dec 2009
Episode 3 End Card:

The real life members of the «Black Cats of the Full Moon» Guild. My heart feels so heavy. ;___;
Jul 21, 2012 1:09 PM

Sep 2009
I won't say it was rushed. Unlike Aria all important parts were here. Just the all story itself was same short in LN's. It's just that you feel for characters more while reading.
Jul 21, 2012 1:51 PM

Jan 2009
tsubasalover said:
He defeated Santa monster pretty easily?
Actually, no, he filled his inventory with healing items before heading off, while after the fight (which wasn't narrated or anything in the LN either) his health was down in the red, and he used up all his healing items.
Just, uh, felt like saying that.
Protip: I don't really check the forums anymore, so if you want something, take it on my profile.
Is it time for my long-awaited return to the forums? щ(゚Д゚щ) Nope™, probably not.
Jul 21, 2012 2:28 PM
Sep 2010
NO SACHI! D= And She should've sung >___>
Jul 21, 2012 3:03 PM
Feb 2012
Elite60 said:
I just hate character deaths that you just met in the same episode. Not enough punch there. Still, Sachi was a damn cute girl. Such a shame.

yea its hard to get attached to a character in only a few minutes
Jul 21, 2012 3:08 PM
Aug 2009
Hmm..This episode aired the last part of Volume 2...I have no clue how this anime is progressing in order anymore D: Was hoping it would air Floor 3 from the Side Stories since it isn't finished translating yet.
This episode really wasn't rushed also as they didn't really tell anything more than this except part of the 1st chapter in the novel also. The 1st chapter they omitted from this probably due to time restraints was that Kirito had just hit 70 during this Christmas event. (Seems like they cut off a whole at least 2 minutes worth of material that is suppose to be on the beginning of this episode, or at least that's how this arc started on the novel.)
From my guess based on the episode name, the next episode episode will cover the Silica/Ayano arc from the 1st part of Volume 2. Unfortunately there isn't really information about the events prior to this 1.3~ year leap in time in the novel so there probably isn't going to be anything on this in the anime also (Unless they decide to add their own material like they did in Hitman Reborns incredibly long training arc)
CitrixJul 21, 2012 3:22 PM
Jul 21, 2012 3:13 PM

Dec 2011
¬ GAWD WHY SACHI WHY!? Yeah as a non LN reader I completely agree with evryones comments here, it just felt way to damn rushed to feel anything at all.

¬ Cutting all the fight scenes and skipping alot of content, it really just makes you confused as to whats happening and so many questions =/

¬ Im sure alot of ppl are going to start reading the LN after watching this.
Jul 21, 2012 3:22 PM

Jan 2009
Asakurabaka said:
¬ Cutting all the fight scenes and skipping alot of content, it really just makes you confused as to whats happening and so many questions =/
You know what's funny? They didn't really "cut" all the fighting scenes, as there wasn't much narration on any fighting in this chapter of the LN either.
They just weren't there in the first place. ( ¬‿¬)
Jul 21, 2012 3:24 PM
Aug 2009
Oooo I never noticed that timeline but I wished I knew about it when I was reading it instead of being very confused at some points since I read the novel based on the order of the novel release itself.

I actually liked every arc in the 2nd volume except for this specific arc, cause it was a sad one. Looking forward to the next episode~
Jul 21, 2012 3:25 PM

Sep 2011
Sevannen said:
lobkestar said:

Novel spoiler:

Jul 21, 2012 3:31 PM
Oct 2010
Lightning fast rush indeed... I still liked Sachi quite a bit, I never thought she'd die right away. But even though there wasn't enough time to develop her properly, at least the impact her death had on Kirito was well displayed...

Now I definitely have to read the novels, though I'll wait till after the end of the season.
"Against stupidity the gods themselves contend in vain"
Friedrich Schiller
Jul 21, 2012 3:34 PM

Jul 2011
Did indeed feel rushed though,
Even Death has a heart
It's okay to spin around and around in the same place. Just so long as you're singing your heart out.
THAT's what life's all about.

Jul 21, 2012 3:37 PM
May 2012
the moment he assured her she won't die,
I was like " you are gonna die pretty soon "
it was obvious
Jul 21, 2012 3:40 PM

May 2012
aw,, im confused.. i dont know if thats a flash back or they jump in time.. 4/5 for the ep.. 5/5 for sachi...

Jul 21, 2012 3:41 PM

Mar 2012
Sevannen said:
lobkestar said:

Novel spoiler:

That's not gonna happen until (most likely) episode 5. Following the Chronological Order, we should see Kirito with Elucidator in the next episode and the introduction of Scilica.

Onto the events of today's episode. My only issue here is that they skipped the part when Kirito finds out about the crystal's limitations and starts stamping on it in frustration. That..and Kirito's reckless level grinding from the beginning of the chapter in the novel. The real issue is that the emotion conveyed by the novel isn't conveyed as much in the episode.
(Also known on other places as Hiss13)

All hail the adorable chess master!
Jul 21, 2012 3:51 PM
Jul 2012
Though I must say the overall story of this episode felt, boring to the core, it was sad, poor Sachi, I saw her in the opening and thought, "Kirito was gonna bring her back!", or "She ain't gonna die", as soon as I learn just what the item does, am fucking pissed, and sad, I think Sachi would have made a great love triangle problem in the anime and manga, for a bit more humor, but the creator of the manga, didn't agree I guess. :(
Jul 21, 2012 3:52 PM

Nov 2007
It did feel rushed, but was still rather enjoyable. They set so many death flags, and it seemed rather obvious they wouldn't make it. Still it was sad, the others didn't get much introduction, but poor Sachi.

Good to see Klein again, at least he's surviving.

Guessing Kirito goes solo, as he doesn't want to lose anymore friends. They should show more of the fighting though.
Jul 21, 2012 3:56 PM

Sep 2008
You know... I bet a girl would be able to hoard tons of money in SAO...
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 21, 2012 4:02 PM

Jan 2010
This episode was too rush. I hope the next episode is 10x better.
Jul 21, 2012 4:02 PM

Feb 2011
To the many who think it was rushed. Really? How what part, I mean the side story it was based on was only one chapter long, just like the Black Swordsman which is the next episode so it will probably be only one episode too. So I find it kind of hard to rush a single chapter. I will agree that the second episode was rushed, but this one, no chance in hell. I loved the episode in the way that it stayed true to the story where it counts.
Anyway I will get pissed if they condense Murder Case in the area into one episode cause that is rushing, but knowing them and they want to clear the SAO arc in 12 episodes to get to the Fairy Dance arc they will rush it, but tis a shame. No matter what though this anime is still awesome, even if it is rushed, it is never bad.
Jul 21, 2012 4:05 PM

Jul 2010
Wow really? -.- this is just too fking fast.Im disappointed on pace.

YuliLake said:
Hi Sachi. Bye Sachi.
.-.

this.
Jul 21, 2012 4:06 PM

Aug 2011
if the light novel had the same pacing, then it was rushed too. sachi did NOT have nearly enough screen time to develop or grow attached to to really emphasize her death. ok episode, this show is very promising im hoping it picks up next episode.
TL & founder of Refrain Subs.
Jul 21, 2012 4:11 PM
Jan 2009
I am deeply disappointed by what they did there. In LN there were huge amount of content, and in this episode it was... argh, the hell is wrong with it? Sachci hai, sacchi Bai, Leader killed himself. There was pretty much NO fight in this episode, just like that, they rushed it way too much... Anyway, glad I readed first 4 volumes of SAO LN, otherwise I propably woudnt understand even a half of it what happend there.
Jul 21, 2012 4:12 PM

Jul 2011
I think we'll finally be moving away from the side stories and back to the 1st novel....

Pacing is very bad for anime x.x I mean episode one was kinda stretched thin while 2 and 3 are way too condensed. hope for something better in episode 4
Jul 21, 2012 4:14 PM
Lewd Depresso

Jul 2008
and thats how mian char grows colder,stronger,badasser and locked.. hopefully he will finish game to avoid deaths.

.. and i hope dude who made game will die irl..
Jul 21, 2012 4:20 PM

May 2010
This episode definitely felt rushed to me... We didn't even have a chance to get to know the members of the "Black Cats" or their back story. But, it was still a really sad and touching episode (I felt so bad for Sachi ;-;)

I'll definitely start reading the LN very soon (I really love this anime and I know that I'll really enjoy the LN.)
Jul 21, 2012 4:22 PM

Nov 2011
Honestly, the large time skips are kind of making it hard to get into the show.
The deaths of the people in the guild were sad, but they had so little screen time that I wasn't really emotionally effected. I wish we would have gotten to know the characters, specifically Sachi, better.
I'm a bit disappointed, I kind of wish they wouldn't have rushed this as much.

Hopefully the next episode will be better!!
魔法少女グレイシー
Jul 2011
Worst episode yet.

1/5

May 2010
KawaiiBitch said:
Honestly, the large time skips are kind of making it hard to get iinto the show.
The deaths of the people in the guild were sad, but they had so little screen time that I wasn't really emotionally effected.
I'm a bit disappointed, I kind of wished they wouldn't have rushed this as much.

Hopefully the next episode will be better!!

I agree 100%
Jul 21, 2012 4:23 PM

Feb 2009
Not sure about that pacing, and I'm kinda confused about what's going on. It's hard to bring myself to care about Sachi dying when she was only introduced in this episode.

The ending was good though... but I think this show is going to end up disappointing many people, including myself. Gotta say though, I'm glad they aren't shying away from killing people off.
Jul 21, 2012 4:26 PM

Sep 2009
Main plot would start from about ep. 6 cause they still need to adapt 2 side-stories which mainly take place before the main events of SAO
Jul 21, 2012 4:29 PM

Feb 2012
For people saying it's rushed expect it!

I didn't really get teary eyed on this because obviously it's a side story and, it takes more then a episode or 2 to connect you with the characters to really feel sad about it. Side stories will be rushed expect it!
Jul 21, 2012 4:30 PM

Feb 2009
Nachtwandler_21 said:
Main plot would start from about ep. 6 cause they still need to adapt 2 side-stories which mainly take place before the main events of SAO

Ugh, they're proving to be not so good with these side stories based off of the negative reactions to episode 2/3 (though personally, I enjoyed 2 as an anime only viewer). Looks like a couple more episodes of rushing. :/ A shame, episode 1 was excellent.
Pages (15) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Overall do you enjoy watching SAO? What do you like about it? :)

Rinrinka - Yesterday

48 by holo-simp »»
54 minutes ago

» Dropping while it's still good ( 1 2 )

SIimyBread - Yesterday

55 by hi777 »»
Yesterday, 8:44 PM

Poll: » Why does everyone call SAO an isekai ? ( 1 2 3 4 )

xMyst93 - May 1, 2020

163 by SignsOfSuicide »»
Apr 14, 9:54 PM

Poll: » Sword Art Online Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 20, 2012

734 by Lionwing »»
Apr 7, 4:47 AM

Poll: » Sword Art Online Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Nasty001 - Jul 4, 2012

948 by Reshiram_IX »»
Apr 2, 4:37 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.