MyAnimeList.net

Forums

Recent Posts | My Watched Topics | My Ignored Topics | Search

Final Fantasy Versus XIII cancelled?
MyAnimeList.net Forum »» Games, Computers & Tech Support »» Final Fantasy Versus XIII cancelled?

Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
07-20-12, 11:48 AM

I found out that FF13 versus may be cancelled . Damn, I've been waiting this game for a long time and it is also the main reason I bought a ps3. Me and my sister were hyped by the trailer with battle system and the character design. If this was the case, Square-Enix made a huge mistake and they are losing a loyal customer here. No wonder, people start to hate S-E.

Links:
http://kotaku.com/5927645/rumor-final-fantasy-versus-xiii-is-dead?tag=rumor

07-20-12, 11:54 AM

and this is just more proof of square being complete assholes to their fans, glad I jumped ship a while ago but still I was looking forward to this game

07-20-12, 12:08 PM

Sure glad I stopped listening to hype after the grandiose claims of Fable. I don't think any game has ever lived up to the hype, and in the case of something getting canned, there is no letdown.

this is just more proof of square being complete assholes to their fans

I really disagree with this statement, however. Unless the "fans" we are talking about are the ones who will eat crap and call it caviar. Also, companies have more to think about than keeping the diehards happy. Videogames are a business, after all. I doubt most of their choices are black and white.

07-20-12, 12:19 PM

I'm assuming the project was cancelled in favor of assimilating the current material into FFXV, or a retitling into FFXV like Agito into Type 0. Either that, or SE is really fucking insane to cancel Versus XIII in favor of XIII-3.

07-20-12, 1:06 PM

This rumor might not be entirely a bad thing. It says the team is moving to XV. Part of the development, if there was any, would go to that.

07-20-12, 3:14 PM

Pero said:
This rumor might not be entirely a bad thing. It says the team is moving to XV. Part of the development, if there was any, would go to that.
Wouldn't this just mean they're just taking all they developed for Versus and just making it a main series FF? Considering all the time they took into Versus and the apparent lack of work in FInal Fantasy XV the best assumption is that the most essentials aspects will just be used in the new project. They probably just felt Versus wasn't good enough, or that branding it "XV" will make it sell more.

07-20-12, 4:14 PM

Yea can't say I'm surprised, we haven't even seen game play of it and it was announced years ago.
It doesn't think, it doesn't feel, it doesn't laugh or cry..... All it does from dusk till dawn is make the soldiers die.

07-20-12, 4:15 PM

Rumour. Couldn't give less of a flying fuck unless it is an official announcement.

07-20-12, 4:23 PM

Out of all the XIII trailers I've watched, Versus had the best one, imo. They're making us wait even more? :"(

07-20-12, 4:27 PM

Leon-Gun said:
Pero said:
Wouldn't this just mean they're just taking all they developed for Versus and just making it a main series FF? Considering all the time they took into Versus and the apparent lack of work in FInal Fantasy XV the best assumption is that the most essentials aspects will just be used in the new project. They probably just felt Versus wasn't good enough, or that branding it "XV" will make it sell more.

Hopefully, they won't dump it all those coding and all the effort in versus xiii. I really hope they just used changed the title. I really play as Noctis especially the fact that you are able to use multiple weapons and it is made by kingdoms hearts team; it is an incentive to buy the game and I really love the setting.
I hope they make it into this generation of console this time.

07-20-12, 7:40 PM

07-20-12, 7:54 PM

people cant understand what the word rumor means i see

Also i hope people realize versus 13 only enterd development a couple years ago. Yah the trailer has been out for 6 but like 13 the development didnt start till much later(well 13 was cancelled around its announcement then revived in late 2007 but whatever same thing)

Now quick bitching for them to release it. Like any game it takes time and i would rather have a good game that takes years to come out then them rushing it and putting out something the same quality as me3

Though i still think the dev team making versus need to get their shit together, i realize they were putting their time into type-0 instead but they shouldnt of even announced it if it were to take so long to even start.
Modified by JizzyHitler, 07-20-12, 7:57 PM
please shit talk my page, no seriously please do
tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me
He caught me

07-20-12, 8:38 PM

DJIzzyIzzyHitler said:

Now quick bitching for them to release it. Like any game it takes time and i would rather have a good game that takes years to come out then them rushing it and putting out something the same quality as me3

You just said it all. Back when FFVS13 was announced, they had nothing, just those pieces of cgi. They didn't have a plot, other characters, nothing. And I may be wrong but they made that clear back then.

07-20-12, 8:51 PM

SergioSource said:
DJIzzyIzzyHitler said:

You just said it all. Back when FFVS13 was announced, they had nothing, just those pieces of cgi. They didn't have a plot, other characters, nothing. And I may be wrong but they made that clear back then.
They did but then dumbass rumors kept spreading and from the looks of it still are. I know they officially announced it entered development shortly after 13 released and even then they said type-0 was still their main priority at the time which they got done pretty quickly. So for a while the game has been the only thing on that dev teams priority list for a while now. And they even said what they will do after versus(KH3)

I came to realize years ago that people will scavage for whatever reason to shoot hates towards this company even if they need to resort to rumors and lies as excuses. Sadly alot of fanbases have come to this not just for square. The tales studio's fans are becoming this very fast and so is a developer called insomniac's and many many others. Somehow fanbases have reverted to spoiled brats over these past years and is only adding fire to the flame that is the death of gaming.

Best part about any of this, is all this bitching and asking for answers. Its all for naught as its been answered a billion times and literally only a few minutes on google answers that for yah. You dont need to dig deep into old interviews or anything to find any of what we stated here. They outright say it.
Modified by JizzyHitler, 07-20-12, 8:58 PM
please shit talk my page, no seriously please do
tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me
He caught me

07-20-12, 9:49 PM

DJIzzyIzzyHitler said:

Also i hope people realize versus 13 only enterd development a couple years ago. Yah the trailer has been out for 6 but like 13 the development didnt start till much later(well 13 was cancelled around its announcement then revived in late 2007 but whatever same thing)

Long development times can just be as detrimental as too short of development times.

12 took forever to come out and remember how disjointed and blatantly broken some of it's features where? Despite all that time they had they still released a more polished version of the game later.

They have been working on this game for years, and we've seen barely any of it. Chances are this thing isn't going very well.

and I know it's just a "Rumor" but rarely Rumors are wrong about game cancellations. The Last Guardain's cancellation started out as a rumor too. But we know how that ended up.

and if it was a blatantly wrong Rumor why haven't we've seen a press release from Square stating that?
It doesn't think, it doesn't feel, it doesn't laugh or cry..... All it does from dusk till dawn is make the soldiers die.

07-20-12, 9:58 PM

DJIzzyIzzyHitler said:

Oh so we should applause and praise Square of showing a trailer six years ago but don't starting the game right away. You don't show a trailer then make the game… You make the game then you show a trailer.

Yes it takes time to make a game but time doesn't equal quality…
[free]FF XIII and Duke Nuken Forever are the best game ever, right ?[/free]
Square, and Japanese studios, became slow with this generation. Meanwhile FF VI to X were done in 7 years.

Now I don't think people are "bitching" because it take times to make a game but because in six years we got what, three trailers and news about how chaotic the development of this game is. Some true, some rumors like this one.

Also, and I know I'm not the only one, while this take a decade to be done we're waiting for KH3. And don't get me wrong I'm waiting for this game, it's one of the reason I've bought a PS3, but it's blocking the beginning of KH3 development…

If they don't announce a release date at the Tokyo Game Show, or at least concrete thing and not another CGI Trailer, this shit is dead to me
Jigero said:
Yea can't say I'm surprised, we haven't even seen game play of it and it was announced years ago.

http://youtu.be/YiIx9VJWSl8?hd=1&t=2m57s
Modified by _XYZ, 07-21-12, 12:22 PM

07-20-12, 10:49 PM

brian ashcraft is the worst journalist on the site. what do you expect.

07-20-12, 10:58 PM

Kay-dash said:
DJIzzyIzzyHitler said:

Oh so we should applause and praise Square of showing a trailer six years ago but don't starting the game right away. You don't show a trailer then make the game… You make the game then you show a trailer.

Yes it takes time to make a game but time doesn't equal quality…
[free]FF XIII and Duke Nuken Forever are the best game ever, right ?[/free]
Square, and Japanese studios, became slow with this generation. Meanwhile FF VI to X were done in 7 years.

Now I don't think people are "bitching" because it take times to make a game but because in six years we got what, three trailers and news about how chaotic the development of this game is. Some true, some rumors like this one.

Also, and I know I'm not the only one, while this take a decade to be done we're waiting for KH3. And don't get me wrong I'm waiting for this game, it's one of the reason I buy a PS3, but it's blocking the beginning of KH3 development…

If they don't announce a release date at the Tokyo Game Show, or at least concrete thing and not another CGI Trailer, this shit is dead to me
Jigero said:

http://youtu.be/YiIx9VJWSl8?hd=1&t=2m57s
I agree with several of your points but, I believe your aiming your "long dvelopment period but shitty release" at the wrong Final Fantasy. While FFXIII was announced at the same time XII did, it's almost obvious XIII wasn't even worked upon until XII was over and done with. They even pretty much lifted XII's Gameplay (especifically the Gambit system) and streamlined it.

As for whether this thing is dead or not depends on the direction Square-Enix is taking from here on. This was announced during a different period in Square, before several missteps and even a natural disaster took a dump all over the companies fiscal earnings. Square even went on record pretty much admitting their development teams were losing their vision and had to be brought back on track. I wouldn't put it past them that they will just pull the plug on some projects that have just taken too long with no certain profits. They are a company you know, profits are everything for them.
Modified by Leon-Gun, 07-20-12, 11:03 PM

07-21-12, 1:50 PM

''you'd be a lot safer assuming Versus XIII is kaput and start looking forward to the next big FF game''

when exacly was the last ''big ff game'', is it just me or didn't that serie die a long time ago?

07-22-12, 4:19 AM

Sasquash said:
''you'd be a lot safer assuming Versus XIII is kaput and start looking forward to the next big FF game''

when exacly was the last ''big ff game'', is it just me or didn't that serie die a long time ago?
Just you. COnsidering the only FF people arguably liked a lot was X then I agree. It was quite a while.

Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Help     FAQ     About     Contact     Terms     Privacy     AdChoices