Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »
Jul 20, 2012 10:00 AM

Jun 2012
Lelouch22 said:
Pretty good episode, despite the continued barrage of mysteries.

I absolutely loved seeing Renton in the OP. I can't wait until he's finally brought into the fold of the story. I highly doubt he will be used in a similar fashion as Adroc in E7, considering Renton seems to have a much, much more important role in this show than Adroc ever did in the previous one. I'm expecting that he will be participating extensively toward the end of the series.

As for the episode itself, despite the mindfuck nature of it, I found it rather enjoyable. I'm just hoping they'll be able to tie all of these various threads together in a satisfying way for the conclusion of the series. Obviously, as someone previously pointed out, Eureka needs to have a happy ending with Renton, considering the extremely numerous obstacles they had to overcome in E7. If the entire tone and message of the ending to the previous series were to be thrown away in order to satisfy the conclusion of this one, I'd be considerably pissed and disappointed, and would immediately consider this non-canon. Fortunately, I don't see much chance of that happening.

The characters of the current series remain quite interesting, despite my dislike of Truth, and my inconsistent reception towards Naru. She could be a good character, but her motives and the knowledge she contains concerning this world are left too vague and indistinct. I don't dislike her too much for her current bewildering state, considering much of it seems to be caused from the scub coral's infection within her.

All in all, I've quite enjoyed this episode and the series up to this point. My only hope is that they don't continue to build the mysterious aspects of their story too much without leaving enough room to actually answer them.

I definitely agree on the Renton / Adroc theory. I'm sure he'll be involved as well, just waiting on him to actually make his appearance within the show. Seeing him in the opening makes me think that he will actually be coming quite soon rather than the last episode itself.
Jul 20, 2012 10:10 AM

May 2009
First half was definetely better Nice scene of grabbing Eureka like in original series

Mecha from OP2 is similar to Spec V but it's not it http://i.minus.com/iwr5ULjmlVXgF.png

Finally Elena has some serious issues towards Eureka, her attacking accidently Thruth was funny.
Jul 20, 2012 10:33 AM

Oct 2010
That new OP is spectacular , it has the Eureka feel to it made me have a fangasim, now that you think of it Ive had fangasims every Friday thanks to this show. The Ed is also very well done.
Its easy to say that this show isn't all romance now, seeing how Naru pretty much betrays Ao, after seeing him heart broken like that he has my sympathy. Hopefully he does something about it.

Looks like Naru is Mrs. Know-it-all, how dare she swipe away Eureka like that I hope the Nirvash rejects her.

First time the Coralians have been mentioned in this series. I doubt Naru sees the big picture. Shes probably ignorant to the fact that the Nirvash is a conscious being seeing how she reacts towards Eureka. And that she refers to it as an IFO even after going through that LSD influenced trip through time.

Hahaha I love how helpless Truth is this episode, still hate him hope he burns in hell.
Can't wait to see more Elena action. I get the feeling that shes from the same time period as Eureka (obvious).
Looks like next episode isn't gonna be all that amazing now that Eureka is gone, though Im probably wrong

5/5
LibertyPrimeJul 20, 2012 10:43 AM
Jul 20, 2012 10:34 AM

Jun 2012
bastek66 said:
First half was definetely better Nice scene of grabbing Eureka like in original series

Mecha from OP2 is similar to Spec V but it's not it http://i.minus.com/iwr5ULjmlVXgF.png

Finally Elena has some serious issues towards Eureka, her attacking accidently Thruth was funny.

Wow thanks for all of these! These three were definitely one of the best parts of the episode. Thanks for the Spec V one too, cleared up alot. I think that form may be something Renton is working on or else it might be Mark I's Spec V? BTW, Eureka / Ao scene was pretty cool to include by Bones
Jul 20, 2012 10:42 AM

Oct 2011
bastek66 said:

Thanks for those - helps to see what the Spec 5 looked like, considering I never saw the movie.

I still wonder what Elena's grudge against Eureka is.. and what Naru is, that she doesn't want to help the Coralians or Eureka.
"Evidently... There's no such thing as 'meaning' in this world. But that in itself is wonderful... isn't it? Since if there isn't a set meaning, then you can just find one on your own."
- Filicia Heideman, So Ra No Wo To
Jul 20, 2012 10:45 AM
Jan 2012
Judging from the way his fashion sense and hair style in the new OP, "Renton" must have matured, which is good because his immaturity in the first series kinda ticked me off.

I think Naru is capable of operating the Nirvash because she maybe a coralian herself. I could be wrong though.
Jul 20, 2012 10:52 AM
Jul 2012
BRSxIgnition said:
I still wonder what Elena's grudge against Eureka is.. and what Naru is, that she doesn't want to help the Coralians or Eureka.

I wouldn't say Naru isn't trying to help the Coralians. I think it's actually the opposite. She was so happy when she found out about the coralians in her dream/vision thing at the beginning. And she was sympathetic when she found out about their hardships. I think Naru is honestly just beig stubborn and independent. She knows something we don't know, and she wants to do things on her own. Lol nm what I said. Naru's a brat :P
Jul 20, 2012 10:59 AM

Mar 2010
I love how it seems like everyone knows everything..and Ao is the only one who knows.. nothing.
I dunno I just feel like they are trying to hard to keep the show dragging on and on and on with more questions then answers.. starting to get DBZ flashbacks.
Jul 20, 2012 11:02 AM

Jan 2012
MoonFox said:
I love how it seems like everyone knows everything..and Ao is the only one who knows.. nothing.
I dunno I just feel like they are trying to hard to keep the show dragging on and on and on with more questions then answers.. starting to get DBZ flashbacks.

DB series had a plot other than "Really big bad guy must die"? Da Fuq?! o.O?
Jul 20, 2012 11:36 AM
May 2012
Perhaps Naru is able to pilot the Nirvash because she is Ao's sister, meaning she's Renton and Eureka's first child. I know this has been said before and might be crazy but like someone said, she has Renton's hair and eye colors and to be honest in my opinion, I don't see how she got Scub Coral in her just from a Scub Burst. Like I say in all my comments, I'm not completely sure but it is a possibility.

Also, I know I keep saying about him but how soon do some of you think Renton will come? I'd say rather soon because the way it sounds, he is a huge key figure in all of this and I'd think, unless it's in a very grand entrance, that he should appear soon to help deal with this other than him appearing at the very end of the series. I'm at least glad to know now that he is actually alive and working instead of just having mere speculations on his whereabouts.
Jul 20, 2012 11:39 AM
Jul 2012
Looking at the Spec V nirvash.. maybe it's the spec V for the secrets... Maybe what Truth becomes when he/it evolves (because of the glowing on the torso).
Truth Spec V = Final Boss

Id say two more episodes for Renton appearance
Jul 20, 2012 12:09 PM

May 2009
Silentraider52 said:
Perhaps Naru is able to pilot the Nirvash because she is Ao's sister.

All kids with brain affected by trapar bursts are able to pilot IFO, it was mentioned few weeks ago.
She can't be his sister because she was living on that island with her family and her mother died on that accident that took Eureka away 10 years earlier.
Jul 20, 2012 12:23 PM

Jul 2012
All Im gonna say is if this series answers all the questions we have before it ends, and it does it right, this will be the best series that Bones has ever created. Hands down.
When life gives you lemons get Jesus
Jul 20, 2012 12:30 PM
Jul 2012
This is my theory and who knows theres a possibilty it might be true
Well first I think Rentons hair could be turquoise like eurekas because he said he would give up being human and he had that red light on his forehead.
Maybe its a part coralian trait he got thats now showing.
Second I think elena might be ao's sister because remeber she has some connections to eureka and she could have been born in (eurekas world/time) and so when she was having Ao she sated that children born where high trappars can.... then it cuts out but we know it leads to brainmutation stated in episode 10.

It could be a coincidence but this is my speculation and this anime has great potential:P!!!
Jul 20, 2012 12:36 PM
Jul 2012
Nirvash_spec_V said:
Well first I think Rentons hair could be turquoise like eurekas because he said he would give up being human and he had that red light on his forehead.
Second I think elena might be ao's sister because remeber she has some connections to eureka and she could have been born in (eurekas world/time) and so when she was having Ao she sated that children born where high trappars can.... then it cuts out but we know it leads to brainmutation stated in episode 10.

It could be a coincidence but this is my speculation and this anime has great potential:P!!!

I like that theory..

Can we assume that Elena's symptoms of being "bipolar" are similar to Anemone's as such that Anemone being PseudoCoralian (experimented into becoming coralian as a human) and Elena being half coralian/half human.

If Elena is truly Ao's Sister.
Jul 20, 2012 12:40 PM

Oct 2008
Nirvash_spec_V said:

Just because he said he'd give up being human, doesn't mean he has; he was just describing the lengths he'd go to being with Eureka. Again, it's likely that it's just a gray-streak from stress - I highly doubt he's become part-Coralian.

It's just too early to say what Elena is - everything seems to fit, except for her skin-tone, and unless it's some weird genetic heritage from Coralian DNA, it shouldn't be possible.
Jul 20, 2012 12:46 PM

Jun 2012
I don't think Naru could be Ao's sister because she definitely is going to be the love interest of Ao. (Sorry Fleur x Ao... dont think this gonna work). It was also told that she lost her mother 10 years ago. Definitely think that Elena is Ao's sister because she shares alot of similarities with him (episode 11, trapar). Additionally, we do know that she has had contact with Eureka and the original E7 world from her flashbacks.
Jul 20, 2012 12:55 PM

May 2011
Oh yeah, love new OP.

Naru is on Truth side!?
Jul 20, 2012 1:09 PM
Jul 2012
Dangerr said:

Just because he said he'd give up being human, doesn't mean he has; he was just describing the lengths he'd go to being with Eureka. Again, it's likely that it's just a gray-streak from stress - I highly doubt he's become part-Coralian.

It's just too early to say what Elena is - everything seems to fit, except for her skin-tone, and unless it's some weird genetic heritage from Coralian DNA, it shouldn't be possible.

I agree with Nirvash_Spec_V. I said the same thing about Renton in an earlier post. I don't know how he would become a coralian exactly. But how would he get that red gem in the middle of his forehead at the end of E7? :/
Maybe whatever is happening to Renton, A.K.A turning into a coralian, is also happening to Naru? Idk just a theory. At this point anything is possible.
Jul 20, 2012 1:15 PM
Feb 2012
AGuyNamedJason said:
Totally calling it, Truth is Ao's sister.

And Naru is Eureka's mother.

And Ao is Renton's great-grandfather.
Jul 20, 2012 1:17 PM

Jun 2012
But I'm still wondering... does New Order (Eureka 7 Episode 51) going to come into effect anytime soon?
Jul 20, 2012 1:20 PM
Jul 2012
the_trainman said:
AGuyNamedJason said:

Hahaaha! I mean it could make sense. Maybe that's why Renton can pilot the nirvash. Ahahahaha XDDD

....lol watch actually be true o.O
Jul 20, 2012 1:34 PM
Nov 2007
SilentTruth said:
Naru is on Truth side!?

Should be pretty obvious by now that Naru is on her own side, shouldn't it? She is not following anyone, and if anything, Truth is now following her.

She seems to disapprove of whatever it is Eureka (and by extension, probably Renton) are trying to do, but if it is her goals or just her methods isn't clear. They both seem to have similar sympathies, so perhaps the latter?
Jul 20, 2012 1:50 PM

Jul 2012
haha i drew a quick and messy fan art of renton's face, but i totally forgot the grey streaks in his hair. I know it looks lame compared to the clothes and hair of renton that is presented in the intro, but I hope you like it :P Tell me what u think

http://fc02.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2012/202/5/0/untitled_drawing_by_poopoo567-d5839ah.png
purringcamelJul 20, 2012 2:00 PM
Jul 20, 2012 2:04 PM

Jul 2012
Thank you :) I agree with what you said about his face, he looks too serious. Im hoping that Renton would look better than this though
Jul 20, 2012 2:24 PM

Oct 2008
Momoko11 said:
Dangerr said:

I agree with Nirvash_Spec_V. I said the same thing about Renton in an earlier post. I don't know how he would become a coralian exactly. But how would he get that red gem in the middle of his forehead at the end of E7? :/
Maybe whatever is happening to Renton, A.K.A turning into a coralian, is also happening to Naru? Idk just a theory. At this point anything is possible.

It's just visual symbolism; I doubt he was literally and physically emitting a red glow.
Jul 20, 2012 3:14 PM

Jul 2008
I soooo want Ao's sister to be Elena cuz she's one of my favorites characters but I think it's gonna be Naru cause she's the only one who displayed any kind of extra-terrestrial power. Also maybe the doctors were mistaken and Eureka's unborn child was actually Ao (meaning he has no sister.)
Jul 20, 2012 3:21 PM

Jul 2012
The new opening is lame, too static. I still love the first opening for original Eureka Seven the most. Ending is fun tho.

For the story, i don't know why but its almost half of the show and I still don't understend what's exactly is going on. I still get chills tho in some scenes wich is great.
Jul 20, 2012 4:17 PM

Oct 2008
Misiakk said:
The new opening is lame, too static. I still love the first opening for original Eureka Seven the most. Ending is fun tho.

For the story, i don't know why but its almost half of the show and I still don't understend what's exactly is going on. I still get chills tho in some scenes wich is great.

Because no one know's -exactly- what's going on, nor are meant to; it's one of those shows meant to make the viewer think, and constantly poses new questions while answering old ones.

I don't think this is a bad thing, as long as most of it is answered in an effective, believable manner.
Jul 20, 2012 5:30 PM
May 2012
So I don't have a lot of time to be spending on the forums, but before its to late I want to lay claim to the theory that the Oratorio system will be coming into play soon.
Jul 20, 2012 6:08 PM
May 2012
I got something that no one has thrown in yet. What is that thing that the Nirvash Mark I is caring in the new opening before they show the Nirvash Spec-V lookalike? It slightly looks like some board or somthing. Could someone help give me some insight?
Jul 20, 2012 6:15 PM

May 2010
this getting good, another MK1? i get this now, i was kinda lost in the story but everything snap into place for me now since this episode, fup man they sunk the Geko, i wanted it to be repair and be apart of the story, cuz that bucket they call a ship is not rocking it, Naru is starting to be a little to bitchy for me taking what rightfully belong Ao and flying off with it
Jul 20, 2012 6:29 PM

Dec 2009
Hydnlife said:
this getting good, another MK1? i get this now, i was kinda lost in the story but everything snap into place for me now since this episode, fup man they sunk the Geko, i wanted it to be repair and be apart of the story, cuz that bucket they call a ship is not rocking it, Naru is starting to be a little to bitchy for me taking what rightfully belong Ao and flying off with it

If we follow the opening there is a ship that looks like the Gekko but instead of green it is red. Perhaps they rebuild it on Ao's age or in Renton and the Gekkostate crew go to Ao's age with the new Gekko.

Would love to see Holland, Talho and the rest of the Gekkostate crew again.
Jul 20, 2012 7:29 PM

Aug 2010
I wonder if Naru is going to get more screen time since she is pinned as a main character even though she is never around.
Jul 20, 2012 7:40 PM

Jan 2011
Silentraider52 said:
I got something that no one has thrown in yet. What is that thing that the Nirvash Mark I is caring in the new opening before they show the Nirvash Spec-V lookalike? It slightly looks like some board or somthing. Could someone help give me some insight?

Here's the screenshot, but yeah... I can't help you but it looks interesting enough.
Jul 20, 2012 7:42 PM
Jul 2012
When Eureka was giving birth... Renton must have sent her back.. I have a feeling that Ao will end up back in Renton's time and Truth will follow. Which Truth might try to kill Eureka and for that, Renton will send her away with possibly Elena. We can say that Ao's older sister was born, which i want to confirm as Elena.
Jul 20, 2012 7:45 PM

Jan 2011
It also looks Like they are going to remodel the Gekko.
Jul 20, 2012 7:51 PM

Jan 2011
Man so many questions have been raised! and 3 Nirvashs?! one thing i know for sure is the new op &ed are awesome and Naru is still a bitch!
Jul 20, 2012 8:01 PM

Jan 2008
No Nirigilis... oh wells. Also... was that bad ass looking fellow in the OP Renton...? o3o
Ohohohoho. Can't wait to see how this turns out.

Though I can say the time jumping theme is starting to get kinda annoying with all these anime now, it'll probably become a generic trope soon.

Also forgot to mention, if not already since I didn't read any pages/posts, the art quality has plummeted.
PaulJul 20, 2012 8:07 PM
Jul 20, 2012 8:11 PM

Jan 2011
Next episode's title is "humanoid secret"
I "wonder" who that could be?
Jul 20, 2012 8:35 PM
Jul 2012
E7: Antagonist
Anemone + (TheEnd---> Spec V)

E7 AO: Antagonist
Truth + Secret (Truth ----> Spec V)

Quartz..... --> Compact Drives

Secrets --->> First Archetypes??
Jul 20, 2012 10:18 PM

Jul 2012
the_trainman said:
AGuyNamedJason said:

Like fry, He sure did the nasty in the pasty, and that nastpastification messed alot of things up :)
Jul 20, 2012 10:38 PM

Nov 2008
I used to feel indifferent about Naru, despite knowing that she was obviously important to this whole thing, but now I can safely say that I dislike her : )

Also, I really want to know if Ao really has a sister and who she is. Someone speculated it could be Naru, which I can somehow see, but who knows?
I am a sucker for romance!!!!
]

Jul 21, 2012 3:10 AM

Sep 2009
SephiriAzure said:
I used to feel indifferent about Naru, despite knowing that she was obviously important to this whole thing, but now I can safely say that I dislike her : )
Yeah, same for me. I wish this show would make me care about Naru (and Truth). Something about this show just feels off...but it's still entertaining enough for me to watch.
Jul 21, 2012 7:09 AM

Mar 2012
wow confusing
So the new Nirvash must be the one that Mirror found hidden... or whats inside that warehouse is the other missing Eureka.
Jul 21, 2012 7:45 AM
Aug 2010
when will they release theEND that's under gen blue..

inb4 we are just watching Ao Season 1.
Jul 21, 2012 10:24 AM

Sep 2011
triforcebih said:

..Thanks for the "Spoiler" signs. Unless I somehow missed some important details here.
Jul 21, 2012 10:54 AM
Aug 2010
Tyrel said:
triforcebih said:

..Thanks for the "Spoiler" signs. Unless I somehow missed some important details here.

spoiler tag for something from ep 4-5 in the topic for EP14...

ok bro.
Jul 21, 2012 11:14 AM

Sep 2011
triforcebih said:
Tyrel said:
triforcebih said:

spoiler tag for something from ep 4-5 in the topic for EP14...

ok bro.

Like I said "Unless I somehow missed some important details here."

Don't get so butt hurt.
Jul 21, 2012 11:17 AM
Aug 2010
Tyrel said:

Don't get so butt hurt.

ok. i stopped crying.
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Eureka Seven AO Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

tsubasalover - May 24, 2012

156 by waalex11 »»
Sep 12, 2023 7:12 PM

Poll: » Eureka Seven AO Episode (23 &) 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

bastek66 - Nov 19, 2012

433 by CrazyButNot4U »»
Sep 28, 2022 5:07 AM

Poll: » Eureka Seven AO Episode 23 Discussion

Kefkiroth - Nov 19, 2012

20 by CrazyButNot4U »»
Sep 28, 2022 4:38 AM

Poll: » Eureka Seven AO Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

bastek66 - Sep 27, 2012

217 by CrazyButNot4U »»
Sep 28, 2022 4:14 AM

Poll: » Eureka Seven AO Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 20, 2012

108 by CrazyButNot4U »»
Sep 28, 2022 3:47 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.