Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Dec 22, 2018 9:28 AM

May 2016
This ending left me with a big smile, a one that I didn't have for a long time.
Takemoto is a man among men now.

I wish I could give it 8.5/10 but 9 would be too much since some parts were not that good but the last few episodes were 100/100
Dec 31, 2018 5:17 AM

Jan 2013
pretty boring and anticlimatic, just like my life showcased through a twisted mirror and this is why i couldn't stand this reflection of myself seeing how there was no resolution. anyhow yeah.
Sep 30, 2019 2:16 PM
Jul 2018
I was really invested with Mayama's character but unfortunately 70% of time felt he was rather side character and didn't finished his story resolution. Perhaps it will cover on the sequel but still disappointing it couldn't wrapped up much when it feels like had so much time to wrap up.
On the other hand, Takemoto character was also mildly interesting but again unfortunately his love for Hagu is really impossible to take serious because Hagu's entire existance doesn't make sense. She looks so loli and was even voiced by 16 year old va so that really ruined this show more the comedy segments. It just feels so artificial.

Speaking of comedies, they don't ruin the show neccessarily since they help not to make the drama come off over-the-top that I like it but again unfortunately the comedy can be way overboard at times.

Pacing was OK because there were tons of nice feels at least was for the first 3/4th of the show until switched to Takemoto. Probably will for 2nd season just for to see how Mayama's story wrap up.
removed-userSep 30, 2019 2:21 PM
Feb 11, 2020 1:25 AM

Oct 2019
Takemoto and Shinobu were probably the only things that got me to finish the series.
I really wish they could have expanded on Mayama's story though.
Mar 25, 2020 12:04 PM

Jun 2013
Finally! Finally finally finally! Yuta my man, you finally broke the nothing! This was a fantastic series, and it hit close to home in many ways. I'm glad I finally decided to watch this after so many years, and quite honestly now was the best time in my life to see it. Now on to the next season!
"The will to live is stronger than anything else"
May 10, 2020 2:32 PM

Apr 2015
Is it just me or did Hagu finally look just a little bit older in this episode?
"No, son, you may not have your body pillow at the dinner table!"
Jun 21, 2020 9:20 AM

Nov 2013
Wasn't a bad show, but pretty boring at times. I still hate Hagu and have no idea why everyone likes her.
Originally wasn't planning on seeing the second season, but because I do like Takemoto a lot and enjoyed the last episodes because of him and I'm interested in Yamada's storyline, at some point might start watching the second season too.
Jul 4, 2020 5:45 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Raizel said:
I wish I could give it 8.5/10 but 9 would be too much since some parts were not that good but the last few episodes were 100/100

I know what you mean, the last few episodes were just brilliant! A little uncertain on whether to rate this an 8 or a 9 too. But, like you said, some parts weren't particularly great so I'll stick with the 8 (8.40/10, to be precise).

Takemoto's whole journey of self-realization and finding meaning was very enlightening and true. Of course I haven't been on a trek myself like this but I like how he's still searching for that "answer" and didn't really get much in return, just a sense of clarity.

And a fit of courage too to go for the confession, which was really sweet. It's still a little hard to adjust to Hagu-chan's child-like characteristics and traits but I'm certainly enjoying her side of drama a lot as well.

Morita-san, meanwhile, is ambiguous as ever but I feel like we're slowly getting to his arc. Lots of Questions surrounding him in particular, no wonder.

Yamada-san, Mayama-san and Rika-san's drama has yet to be resolved either but I doubt we're going to be getting a full closure on this, anyway. Not everything in life ends up with a yes or no after all, as they say. I'm looking forward to seeing how Season 2 will handle this!

Hanamoto-san was a real MVP of the show for me, by the way. I'm just hoping he won't get sidelined for Season 2 because these characters tend to often get such a treatment in future installations.

Another department done well was definitely the Soundtrack/Music. If I'm not wrong, there's like an insert song every episode among which most were great company. Melodious tones coming from the instrumental versions were a real treat to the ears too.

Animation Quality overall was really good too aside from the few sloppy mistakes here and there. Definitely aged well for me, as such.

I was looking for a Drama like this for a while and I'm glad I got a spoonful of it towards the latter half. Looking forward to Season 2 which I'm thinking of starting on Monday evening thanks to the "Ultimate Anime Weekend" taking up a significant chunk of my time.
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Jul 10, 2020 11:09 AM
Nov 2017
I fell in love with this series. I wasnt interested at first but around episode 4 I just loved it and decided to start over since I appreciated it more.

These final episodes were so inspiring to me. I see myself in both Yamada with her persistent unrequited love and Takemoto and his journey of self discovery. I only wish I could find my answer. I feel inspired to set out, but I think I need a destination first and to just live on my own for awhile
Jul 22, 2020 3:09 AM

Feb 2019
This anime is one of those which i loved the most surely this EP was amazing finally Takemoto confessed to Hagu-chan can't wait to watch S2 now.

Overall 10/10
Aug 25, 2020 9:27 AM

Jun 2020
10/10 for me

a gem ♡♡

great balance of comedy & drama, incredibly well-written ensemble of characters with great development, the pacing was always great & every episode had a very clear direction. the characters’ monologues were always so heartwrenching & real. takemoto was my favourite character right from the start, he is simply endearing. hagu got so pretty too (i'll admit her character design got some getting used to) the art & sound direction were amazing & aged well considering this aired in 2005, 15 years ago, yet i have no issue with the art at all, loved the art style & aesthetics. it was all so soft & pretty to look at, and so relaxing to watch. honey & clover has become one of my favourites, it has moved me greatly!

but i’ll probably remember over and over again
you were there and everyone else was there
— the day we all searched for just one thing

Sep 24, 2020 12:36 PM

Nov 2018
Honestly , it would be much better without excessive romance elements and not needed relationships that didn't even progress that much.

Hagu - Takemoto part is weird but only because of that Hagu's loli design , I doubt anyone can imagine her being a love interest or even imagine perceiving her as anything other than 12(at the start) and 14(at best in last episode).Seriously , short girl even by japanese standarts doesn't look like this IMO

Hagu - Morita : what even is this dynamic? The relationships were more of a joke and I was fine with this , but then this unnecessary love story with no progression from both sides???

Mayama - Harada : barely any progression , but it is the most natural outcome I'd say , lots of good storytelling in the process.

Mayama - Yamada : too much drama for practically 0 changes in Yamada's behaviour and attitude towards after Mayama after all the scenes and thing said to her.

Nomiya - Yamada : almost instantly after a huge progression Nomiya became a side character once again :(

Later episode were really good , especially those with Takemoto's inner thoughts , progression , a bit of Morita and no Yamada's crying scenes.

8/10 seems like a perfect score I guess
I hate everyone equally
Nov 28, 2020 4:00 AM

Jul 2020
I’m starting to like Takemoto now, he surely matured from that journey he had.

Overall this season is really great. The story is wonderful and the story of each characters were relatable in different ways. I want to know more what will happen or what will still be in store for them. On to the next season!
Feb 1, 2021 6:01 AM
Apr 2020
Found an another J.C. Staff's masterpiece anime (Toradora, Golden Time, Zero no Tsukaima, and this) 👌

What charms me the most of this anime is how the character/relationship developments is well detailed, especially to Takamoto in the latter part of the series

Also, I hope that Yamada won't force her feelings anymore to Mayama in the next season. It's really torturing me everytime she cries

Also what a way to end the series. 9/10 for this. I hope in the next season everyone will get their happiness in the end. That would be a really perfect ending :)
Jun 15, 2021 9:42 PM

Jan 2021
I felt like it was very slightly rushed and not quite as deep as it could have been in some minor aspects, but it touched on so much it had to touch on in the right ways. I liked the aspects of romanticisms sprinkled here and there, like Takemoto's realization that never he nor his father ever left Japan. Reminded me of Fernweh, which is basically a more melancholic yearning for travel than Wanderlust, which is apparently a loanword. The scene of Takemoto reminiscing about his father and his promise to ride the train together overall was quite touching.

The triumphant return of the King of adolescence (I enjoyed that running gag a lot) was also great. I like Takemoto growth and his own ignorance about it (I came back empy handed). The festival was all forms of great. It showed nicely that some things didn't change like Takemoto participating in the food hunt activity or still needing that little shove by best wing-man Mayama, because he is missing a tad of awareness, but also showed his new confidence in giving us that confession. I'm still not sure, if Hagu deflected, though, and am looking forward to that next season.
CalmTeaTimeJan 6, 2022 11:39 AM
Jun 19, 2021 5:54 AM

May 2020
Takemoto finally confessed~!
Mar 14, 2022 3:58 PM

Aug 2013
I was reluctant whether I should watch it or not but man this was totally worth it. I haven't enjoyed a show like this in a long while.
I wish newer shows could learn from this and provide some real quality and refined works like this.
The closer you get to the light,the greater your shadow becomes.
Apr 24, 2022 7:47 AM

Jan 2021
Really enjoyed it. Still shipping Yamada x Mayama although I know it seems that he will never love her...love is complicated.
Aug 26, 2022 6:33 AM

Feb 2020
Wow... the story of Takemoto is truly a faithful display of a zero-to-hero transformation. Amazing work... just... wow. 100%

What a great story. Truly touched my heart.
Sep 25, 2022 3:35 AM
Sep 2022
Another last episode of a series... more feelings of sadness and emptiness.
Jan 12, 2023 2:21 PM

May 2018
ngl that was a beautiful episode. Takemoto became a gigachad throughout his journey. I 100% believe Hagu-chan will love him too, if not now then at least by the end of the series.

7/10 great ending. I like how the whole show sort of meanders from one pov to another, almost like the romance itself.
Feb 10, 2023 6:01 PM

May 2022
Wow. This episode tied it all together. I had to go back and read my manga to confirm that this is how it went. More or less the end of volume 7. A great ending.

I had hoped the anime would go through all ten volumes. But now I am surprised to see that there is a Honey and Clover II that has another 12 episodes. So I guess I will get to see the entire thing animated.

But this was great. Everything I could have hoped for.
Feb 12, 2023 9:44 AM

Sep 2020
At the end it feel like nothing much happened in this anime. 7/10
Jun 9, 2023 4:17 AM

Jul 2021
10/10. such a beautiful and brillaint series. i have a lot to say about this show, loved it a lot, loved how it made me feel but i can't or rather i'm too lazy to put it into words so i will just give this series the honour of adding it to my top 10.

The end of an era. Thank you Wit, Mappa and Isayama.
Feeling half happy, half sad.

Kawaii waifus
and precious
  best girls <3333

Sep 14, 2023 4:50 PM
Jul 2015
Llegar al fin del país y pensar en que quieres compartir las vistas con otra persona, no se me ocurre mayor muestra de amor.
Takemoto tiene sus cosas, pero como todos (de adolescentes) tenemos. Sin duda es un reflejo real de como se viven los problemas y sentimientos, en forma de proceso y no de momentos específicos.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Opening

I_0_dont_0_know - Apr 10

3 by mikorinismyson »»
Apr 11, 2:46 AM

Poll: » Hachimitsu to Clover Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Kayro - Mar 17, 2008

126 by whereswisteria »»
Mar 29, 2:43 PM

Poll: » Hachimitsu to Clover Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Kayro - Mar 21, 2008

61 by anti0taku »»
Aug 3, 2023 2:42 PM

Poll: » Hachimitsu to Clover Episode 15 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Kayro - Mar 20, 2008

63 by anti0taku »»
Aug 3, 2023 1:08 PM

Poll: » Hachimitsu to Clover Episode 10 Discussion

Kayro - Mar 19, 2008

49 by anti0taku »»
Jul 22, 2023 12:08 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.