Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Jul 18, 2012 8:38 AM
Jul 2012
What's so good about Naruto...!?
Jul 18, 2012 8:40 AM

May 2008
Everything. 'Tis the magnum opus of anime.
Jul 18, 2012 8:41 AM

Jan 2012
It's obviously good at drawing people into the medium and addicting enough to maintain its popularity for over ten years.

Other than that... uh, I guess it's quite colorful?
Jul 18, 2012 8:43 AM

Aug 2011
It has a great supporting cast, and the original series has a few amazing battles. Oh, and the soundtrack is pretty good, too.
Jul 18, 2012 8:49 AM
Mar 2012
you dropped Welcome to the NHK after 0 episodes. Go back and finish that anime... then we'll talk
I put rocks in my snowballs. Twice the accuracy, twice the pain.
Jul 18, 2012 10:06 AM
Mar 2012
the manga
Aug 27, 2012 7:30 PM

May 2012
HE NEVER GIVES UP AND NEVER GOES BACK ON HIS WORD!
"No matter how much of a genius one is, in front of the Uchiha name, they're just ordinary people." - Sasuke Uchiha

Aug 27, 2012 7:53 PM

May 2010
Sugiyama Noriaki.
Aug 26, 2014 7:13 PM
May 2012
PrinceSaito said:
What's so good about Naruto...!?

His orange suit.
Oh and.....

EVERYTHING.
Sep 11, 2014 3:21 PM

Mar 2014
While I can appreciate Naruto as a decent anime on it's own... I hate what it's done to shounen anime as a whole.
I mean, look at all of the shounen anime that came out before Naruto, and the stuff that was coming out around that time.

Then, look at the shounen anime that started coming out in 2003 and afterwards. Naruto undoubtedly changed the style of much of the shounen being produced, and I say it's been for the worst.
Let's hope that popularity of both of the recent Jojo series' changes it back, or at least lets more shows like that get greenlit.
::End of Transmission::

Sep 11, 2014 3:22 PM

Jun 2014
Uchihafan25 said:
HE NEVER GIVES UP AND NEVER GOES BACK ON HIS WORD!

Believe it!
Sep 11, 2014 3:26 PM

Jun 2014
the beginning sucks but it gets better
Sep 11, 2014 4:04 PM

Nov 2010
vigorousjammer said:
While I can appreciate Naruto as a decent anime on it's own... I hate what it's done to shounen anime as a whole.
I mean, look at all of the shounen anime that came out before Naruto, and the stuff that was coming out around that time.

Then, look at the shounen anime that started coming out in 2003 and afterwards. Naruto undoubtedly changed the style of much of the shounen being produced, and I say it's been for the worst.
Let's hope that popularity of both of the recent Jojo series' changes it back, or at least lets more shows like that get greenlit.
How are you getting this? How did it change them?
Sep 11, 2014 4:46 PM

Mar 2014
IntroverTurtle said:
vigorousjammer said:

I feel like many typical characters in shounen post-2003 are heavily influenced by the characters in Naruto. I think that's the biggest thing that has changed.
many Shounen characters between 1990 and 2002 seemed like they were more influenced by Gundam or Dragon Ball, but after Naruto came out, it definitely seemed like there was a big shift, at least to me.

Sep 11, 2014 4:53 PM

Nov 2010
vigorousjammer said:
IntroverTurtle said:

I feel like many typical characters in shounen post-2003 are heavily influenced by the characters in Naruto. I think that's the biggest thing that has changed.
many Shounen characters between 1990 and 2002 seemed like they were more influenced by Gundam or Dragon Ball, but after Naruto came out, it definitely seemed like there was a big shift, at least to me.
And how did they seem like they were influenced? And which ones?
Sep 11, 2014 5:00 PM

Jan 2014
Naruto has pretty great characters, some awesome battles, a pretty detailed plot, great soundtrack, suspense and some mystery. One of the best shounen around.
"Let Justice Be Done!"

My Theme
Fight again, fight again for justice!
Sep 12, 2014 10:32 AM

Mar 2014
IntroverTurtle said:

I dunno, just in terms of the overall vibe of the characters. It's a bit difficult to explain, I suppose. It's not related to their personalities, per-se... but just in terms of their overall mannerisms and style.
Facial expressions, visual design, the overall visual style of a character, especially in the face... I feel like a lot of this stuff carried over from Naruto into stuff like Eureka Seven, Bleach, Fullmetal Alchemist, Gintama, Haikyuu!!, Fairy Tail, Air Gear, Baccano!, and many more.

Whereas, I look at the stuff from the 90's and early 2000's, and much of it's character design seems influenced by either Gundam, Dragon Ball, or Fist of the North Star's character design, and I prefer that kind of style.
vigorousjammerSep 12, 2014 10:37 AM

Sep 12, 2014 10:34 AM

Jan 2013
It's not good ... it's OK.
Better go watch One Piece.
Sep 12, 2014 11:16 AM

Apr 2014
EVERYTHING FFS.
Sep 12, 2014 1:48 PM

Nov 2010
vigorousjammer said:
IntroverTurtle said:

I dunno, just in terms of the overall vibe of the characters. It's a bit difficult to explain, I suppose. It's not related to their personalities, per-se... but just in terms of their overall mannerisms and style.
Facial expressions, visual design, the overall visual style of a character, especially in the face... I feel like a lot of this stuff carried over from Naruto into stuff like Eureka Seven, Bleach, Fullmetal Alchemist, Gintama, Haikyuu!!, Fairy Tail, Air Gear, Baccano!, and many more.

Whereas, I look at the stuff from the 90's and early 2000's, and much of it's character design seems influenced by either Gundam, Dragon Ball, or Fist of the North Star's character design, and I prefer that kind of style.
That is very vague and I don't see how the "visual styles" are similar in those series.
Naruto was not the first series to not use the buff man style that Hokuto no Ken used. And Baccano isn't even a shounen.

Tite Kubo(Bleach's mangaka) was making manga with similar faces to Bleach's in 99 which is the same year Naruto came out. Same with Hiro Mashima(Fairy Tail's mangaka).
Sep 12, 2014 2:10 PM

Mar 2014
IntroverTurtle said:
Naruto was not the first series to not use the buff man style that Hokuto no Ken used.

What?! Naruto doesn't even have that "buff man" style to it's characters, and I never said it did. What are you talking about? o_O
IntroverTurtle said:
Baccano isn't even a shounen.

Well, even if it isn't, I feel like it still has this kind of character design that I'm talking about.

IntroverTurtle said:
Tite Kubo(Bleach's mangaka) was making manga with similar faces to Bleach's in 99 which is the same year Naruto came out. Same with Hiro Mashima(Fairy Tail's mangaka).

Well, I'm talking specifically about the anime versions. I still think the art in most manga is much better than their anime counterparts. The way they adapt the art in most shounen anime nowadays seems very standardized, especially in the way character's faces look, and the head shapes used.

IntroverTurtle said:
That is very vague and I don't see how the "visual styles" are similar in those series.

They have subtle differences, sure... but the overall design seems very similar to me.
It's not the worst thing in the world, but it does get to be a bit boring, especially as somebody who comes to anime half for the art and half for the story/characters...

More topics from this board

Poll: » Naruto Episode 148 Discussion

Alicia3000 - Aug 20, 2009

19 by FedeMetal »»
2 hours ago

Poll: » Naruto Episode 144 Discussion

Alicia3000 - Aug 19, 2009

16 by FedeMetal »»
Yesterday, 2:55 PM

Poll: » Naruto Episode 97 Discussion

Alicia3000 - Aug 8, 2009

27 by Darzaka »»
Yesterday, 10:26 AM

» Who is your favourite and cool character ?

luckysjjsjsjs - Nov 8, 2023

49 by Zhenro »»
Apr 20, 6:25 PM

Poll: » Naruto Episode 208 Discussion

jimboli92 - Jul 10, 2011

15 by towerd103 »»
Apr 20, 10:06 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.