MyAnimeList.net

Anime Information
Forums

Recent Posts | My Watched Topics | My Ignored Topics | Search

Ga-Rei -Zero- Episode 1 Discussion

Pages (6) « 0.6 1.6 [2.6] 3.6 4.6 » ... Last »
Poll: Ga-Rei -Zero- Episode 1 Discussion

10-09-08, 1:00 AM

First few minutes were ok, i especialy like the chick on bike (Natsuki is hot) ;), then more action, cool music, some questions about the past, kinda funny monster design (lizard thing)... but last few minutes... it was total and absolute epic mindfuck. If it was one shot i'd be satisfied. Solid 9 for this episode (Even 10 for ending).

10-09-08, 4:06 AM
DB Administrator
othic said:
So like first thing that popped in my mind when natsuki is introduced.

NATSUKI FROM MAI HIME?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

Haha, that's what I thought too. I knew the episode would be good after she appeared on screen.

10-09-08, 5:40 AM

Wow Everyone Died O_O... That part were Naski was fighting with the Motorcycle was to awesome for me to handle...
Go Watch Sumomo momo Its epic. It has not gotten much attention... Episode 1
http://www.veoh.com/videos/v83597095dreGdW#comments

10-09-08, 6:06 AM

Seems alrightish, nothing sparkles in my eyes yet, looking forward to ep2.

10-09-08, 7:41 AM

Great episode but everyone dead 0__0
good animation and soundtrack looking forward to the next episode!!

10-09-08, 7:52 AM

lol was it just me, or did everyone really die by the end of the episode? D: struck me as rather random and over the top. I wish they had stuck to the original, but oh well... maybe the next episodes will be better (especially if they're rid of orange jumpsuits xD)

10-09-08, 8:35 AM

Cool first episode, Natsuki fighting with the bike was a highlight. Killing everyone at the start does seem over the top, but I'll be back to see where this one goes.

10-09-08, 8:53 AM

this episode was awesome !!
especially the fights with the motorbike and the ending!

10-09-08, 9:43 AM

wtf why did they all die?
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the General Forum Guidelines!

10-09-08, 9:47 AM

Wow, this was pure win. I don't know what more to say more than a freaking lot of people died xD

10-09-08, 10:40 AM

Is it just for me that bike fighting part was a bit weird because it was almost impossible physically?

Great ep nevertheless.

*Wants moar gore and less censorship*

Help the poor Ninja! Click Billy vs Snakeman link today!

10-09-08, 12:27 PM

Nobleman said:
Is it just for me that bike fighting part was a bit weird because it was almost impossible physically?

Woah, careful there. There's no need to bring something like "physics" into anime.

To me, wasting all the characters by the end made it seem like I was cheated out of an episode.

Such is life...

10-09-08, 12:59 PM

I'm a little bit surprised, because I didn't exept this quality. Of course it is a GAINAX production and it sounds and looks like a great and exiting program, but where is the manga plot? Recently I read the manga, but this is an absolutely different story. But it is good. I hope they will connect somehow.

10-09-08, 1:30 PM

Kirjath said:
Nobleman said:

Woah, careful there. There's no need to bring something like "physics" into anime.

To me, wasting all the characters by the end made it seem like I was cheated out of an episode.

I wouldn't have said anything if characters themselves had some superpowers.
But now, when they are just humans who can see ghost (i don't consider that super power, that is just an ability) and fight them with normal gadgets (with some sanctified/blessed stuff in/around them).

I would have understood if she squashed them while power sliding but she roundhouse kicked them after stopping her bike (that is while standing still).

It bugs me a lot.

Help the poor Ninja! Click Billy vs Snakeman link today!

10-09-08, 1:50 PM

Nice first episode, though the CG-ized Category B monster looked like shit. Hopefully it'll be a little less obtrusive the next time.

10-09-08, 2:01 PM

I'm uberly confused since I haven't read the manga yet but this anime seems.. fine so far; wow those guys got owned and I can't believe the guy with the glasses died first(I was liking him the most lol) and then all the others like wtf?! I was so not expecting that! >.<
HEY!

10-09-08, 2:02 PM

Ben said:
Nice first episode, though the CG-ized Category B monster looked like shit. Hopefully it'll be a little less obtrusive the next time.

Agreed.

I was kinda shocked when they killed off everyone. Guess that means that we're going to have the actual main characters introduced next episode or something.

Felli disapproves of this thread.

10-09-08, 3:34 PM

What.

10-09-08, 7:48 PM

WtF?

the butterfly boy is a class S? :P

10-09-08, 8:41 PM

What the funk!? O__o what just happened. This is not what I expected at all... its nothing like what the description says! XD I had to check twice if I got the right anime hahaha.

And... the monster thingies... was anyone else reminded of King Dodongo from Zelda Ocarina of time? They even rolled too ^_^

10-09-08, 8:58 PM

This show blew me away for a first episode. A lot happened in this episode. Hopefully, it will continue or more accelerating episodes to come.

Graphics and sounds were great. I like the music tracks during fights.

10-09-08, 9:43 PM

Since everyone I know has been hyping this episode like there's no tomorrow, I was pretty skeptical at first. Show reminded me of Elfen Lied (which is bad), and of Mai-HiME (possibly worse) but mostly because of the biker girl with purple hair named K(as)uga Natsuki. :P Seriously, was het entire character supposed to be a reference or something?

Anyway, I still had no hard time watching the rest because of the excellent production values and notable soundtrack, and then came the ending. Yeah, that was pretty cool. Like, pretty much the coolest ending to a first episode I've seen in years. Now let's hope this doesn't turn into Elfen-HiME after all and this will become one of my favourites this season.

10-09-08, 10:13 PM

That was an amazing first episode. It literally left me speechless at the end. I don't know weather to believe that the main guy character will still be alive or not in the next episode. The way it was all put together was amazing.

10-09-08, 10:58 PM

oh my, that was like the best 1st episode ever, and the end, with the sound of the water falling after seeing how the male character died, oh my, it gave me goosebumps.

10-09-08, 11:43 PM

I wasn't really interested in the whole spirits, special division thing. It was alright, but I laughed at the giant flaming turtle. The action was pretty good, but it felt dragged out. Sure, there is more foreshadowing here and there then you can shake a stick at, but not the foreshadowing I'm usually interested in. I was about to stop the show after the whole coffee scene, but once that arm was cut off...It grabbed my attention. I'm not one for mindfucks, especially after having it already done once in the day, but I gotta say...I enjoyed it.

The art direction was amazing, the soundtrack was awesome, but that alone isn't enough to get me interested. I guess it felt more like a one shot anime OVA then the start of a series...I'm still not sure if I'm on board for the whole ride, so I'll give it a few more episodes. Looking at it now though...I get the feeling this was supposed to be like the last episode of the series, and now we'll be watching a flashback that will lead up to the exact moment in the end of the first episode. Unless we get a reset or something...I'll give it a 5 of 5 for the whole cast being killed by a school girl with a katana.

10-10-08, 3:08 AM

Holy shit wow. So much better than I thought! Very wtf-y lol. I like, will deff watch. :D

Might even check the manga out~ Do want: next ep.

10-10-08, 4:29 AM

Lolwut, they all died?? This is great!

10-10-08, 5:54 AM

Wow, that was the best first episode of the season so far. Then again, with the other anime I started this week, it wasn't a hard thing to do.

But still, production wise (other than the CG monsters), it was great, and while for the majority of the episode, the story seemed dull and the characters weren't being developed all that well, that ending would have cerntainly shocked us and given pretty much everybody some interest to check out the next episode.

10-10-08, 6:14 AM

I don't see why this is so popular already? O_O

Natsuki=Supar Hot
Motorcycle wheel combat=Teh Awesome.

And the protagonist looks more like Souta Aoi from Real Drive IMO. Even has the gloves.

CG kinda sucked.
IDK 'bout the deadness of the chars and all but I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

jakunen said:
and the end, with the sound of the water falling after seeing how the male character died, oh my, it gave me goosebumps.
ohshi- I thought it was the fire burning. Much better than an ending theme.

I hope this doesn't get too popular though. >_>
wtfyourface said:
MistaCloudStrife said:
From 100-1000, how much do you love LWL?
OVER 9000!!!

10-10-08, 1:02 PM

begginin seemed a bit cheesypie but damn it all if the last moments didn kick that in the face
Ah cheese, the devil's play thing.

10-10-08, 6:34 PM

O_O I had comments for the 1st half..... but the end blew me the f away! G.I.T.S. meets Ghostbusters? the hell w/ that, u need a cast to make that comparison seriously whoa

10-10-08, 10:35 PM

there must be some kind of twist here yes? i can't figure how the anime will function with all the characters dying in the first episode! it was great though, hope the anime hasn't shot its wad at the very start. can't wait for it to continue.

but damn did the subtitiles suck, they were so small i had to almost squint to be able to read them, made it real hard to also pay attention to what was going on in the anime as well. hope they are just a tad bigger come episode 2.

10-10-08, 10:36 PM

It gives me a very very good impression..
I never thought that the 1st ep would be this good..
Anyway, 5/5...but...everyone is dead?
They see me trollin', they hatin'.

10-11-08, 7:52 AM

wtf is all i can say

10-11-08, 10:09 AM

Now that was a nice little mindfuck, first episode made a good impression on me.

10-11-08, 10:35 AM

Am I the only one who thinks the bad guy (aka butterfly guy) looks so similar to Mayuri from Suteki Tantei Labyrinth?

By the way, I really enjoyed this episode, the soundtrack is awesome and I'm used to first episodes which leave you like: WTF? (see Gintama or Tokyo Majin Gakuen Kenpuchou: Tou for example), so I think I'll watch it till the end!

10-11-08, 11:32 AM

Really, it depends on the second episode if this anime is good or not. If they create a great transition from that point where everyone died, then that would be good, but if they totally blow it, it's gonna suck hard.

10-11-08, 11:42 AM

Liked the episode a lot, but reading the synopsis on MAL I keep thinking I watched an entirely different show. Can anyone fill me in on whats going on?

10-11-08, 2:47 PM

Nezerchin said:
Liked the episode a lot, but reading the synopsis on MAL I keep thinking I watched an entirely different show. Can anyone fill me in on whats going on?

From here on out, it's all Mai-HiME. That's what.

10-11-08, 4:48 PM

wth... i thought this was going to be the cast... then everyone dies... lol

10-11-08, 5:00 PM

i love this anime now!i hated how the b level monster looked like though. seriously, vomit.

still, looks like there will be some more good anime to watch this fall~~!

10-11-08, 5:23 PM

the first episode is messed up.

It has completely different plot and characters from the manga as far as I know...

messed up is all i can say...
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?

10-11-08, 5:50 PM

Wow.... splendid episode.

Uhm..... the Kashu thing. King Dodongo anyone? xD;

10-11-08, 5:52 PM

so is everyone else thinking that its going to go into the past now and show us how everything started?

10-11-08, 6:07 PM
DB Administrator
Sugoi-otaku said:
so is everyone else thinking that its going to go into the past now and show us how everything started?

I was thinking about that possibility. A bit too lame for an anime with such an impressive first episode though. Guess we gotta wait and see.

10-11-08, 7:24 PM

Firstly, ugly CGI dinosaur ghost thing lol

Secondly, all the characters went bye bye in the end? Okey doke? Nonetheless, it was a strong, solid first episode.

10-12-08, 6:56 PM

Big CG monster thingy looked like shit, but other than that I don't really have any complaints. It was decent overall, and the ending I will say was good. This could turn out pretty cool.

10-13-08, 12:06 AM

this was impressive, to say the least.
i was amazed. i didn't expect too much out of it, but it definitely looked awesome (great animation, great art, great music, though, the story is a little questionable IMO)
even if the story seemed a little different from what i was expecting, it was still very interesting, and i liked it.
the action scenes were pretty cool, i liked the bike scene, and the bullets going all slow mo.
i like the premise of the supernatural attacking, and a bunch of people (or rather, like an army) trying to destroy them with technology.
i found natsuki rather cute.
the BGM was really good, i loved it.
strategic win FTW
and just when i thought everybody survived safe..... the disaster happened... really, my mind was blown away, i never thought i would see main characters die (really die) in a first episode (unless they are not really main)
natsuki was really cute
and really, the story seems to be good... i just found the ending of the episode really... weird.... for a first episode. but the girl in the seifuku looked cute.... until she slashed that guy who looks like hei's throat.
and no preview... they make me suffer xD
its a keeper.

10-13-08, 6:02 AM

So Yeah it starts as exorcism of spirits and stuff ends up at bloody censored scenes with gore and the cast killed... What next?

10-13-08, 6:13 AM

Sugoi-otaku said:

Yeah, I'm starting to think that is what will happen. Don't really like it, though. Still, this first episode was great!

Pages (6) « 0.6 1.6 [2.6] 3.6 4.6 » ... Last »