Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « First ... « 4 5 [6]
Jul 16, 2013 4:21 PM

Sep 2011
It seems to look promising, the music delivers.
Jul 17, 2013 8:57 AM

Dec 2012
Koybz said:
Oh, I was definitely not expecting that. Strong first episode.
Aug 20, 2013 12:46 AM
Apr 2012
*sigh* I'm very disappointed with this series. I watched past the first episode out of curiosity concerning Touru's past and why he had to "let it go". Ultimately that goes unexplained and this entire series turned out to be mediocre and predictable.

I have to say with that in mind the first episode succeeded in its goal in drawing a viewer base but from a story standpoint was completely irrelevant and weak. I don't see how people continually say Ga-Rei: Zero has a strong first episode when it only provided minor details of the setting and introduced characters who quickly became insignificant and

Yes, the final minute was powerful but with 20 minutes of pointless nonsensical fluff (motorcycle gunning, really..?) how can anyone justify that as a strong episode?

If you're reading this and you're hooked because of the first episode, here's my advice. Don't watch this.
NimiousAug 20, 2013 12:51 AM
Oct 9, 2013 5:31 AM

Jan 2013
Well that escalated quickly
Oct 27, 2013 5:16 PM
Sep 2009
Placement said:
*sigh* I'm very disappointed with this series. I watched past the first episode out of curiosity concerning Touru's past and why he had to "let it go". Ultimately that goes unexplained and this entire series turned out to be mediocre and predictable.

I have to say with that in mind the first episode succeeded in its goal in drawing a viewer base but from a story standpoint was completely irrelevant and weak. I don't see how people continually say Ga-Rei: Zero has a strong first episode when it only provided minor details of the setting and introduced characters who quickly became insignificant and

Yes, the final minute was powerful but with 20 minutes of pointless nonsensical fluff (motorcycle gunning, really..?) how can anyone justify that as a strong episode?

If you're reading this and you're hooked because of the first episode, here's my advice. Don't watch this.

Because it was unpredictable and creators had guts to kill everyone who were thought to be main characters.

So far not many shows have done it. When I watched it for a first time I was like "yeh well the girl and dude will survive", girls head falls off "ok dude will survive for sure" dude is dead "NO WAY! I WAS WRONG!"

I rarely get proven wrong in my predictions, this episode did great job at building things up and drawing you in. Characters don't have to be important to leave an impression. If they had survived, I would be far less excited.

I really don't see what is there to learn about Touro's past. His girlfriend got turned over and he had to shoot her. Butterfly freak was responsible for it so Touro was after revenge while still traumatized. That's all there was.

Besides this series are really dark, I personally (major ending spoiler)

The only thing that put me off in this series were sudden mood changes. It started with epic action, then went into comedy that turned into tragedy.

When comedy kicked in I was "Oh come on, give me some juicy stuff from the start already!" and they did after few episodes.
Mar 19, 2014 5:55 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
I'd read a lot of positive review of this show and finally watched a bit. I was rather bored the first 3/4 of the show to be honest, seemed like repetitive action scenes with a supernatural twist to it.

And then the guy spilled the coffee...Wow. Talk about coming from left field. Really want to see the next episode now.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Apr 26, 2014 11:15 AM

May 2013
This was a confusing first episode looking forward to the next episode, which I'm about to watch.
May 31, 2014 6:39 AM
Bunnies ๐Ÿ“

Jan 2013
Oh that was a crazy episode. Good teamwork at first, killing some Class C apparitions and 2 Class B's. Then out of nowhere a Class A appears and does a clean sweep of the characters, WTF.

I saw the uncensored episode, damn all the blood and stuff.

Jun 12, 2014 3:54 PM

Jan 2014
This was funny, I was literally thinking I need a good bloody anime..5 minutes later its a blood bath O__O. That ending was sick (In the good way :P)
Jun 19, 2014 1:11 AM

May 2009
Damn that was intense, did not expect that to happen at the end. Interesting first episode though, killing off all the characters introduced.
Jun 29, 2014 8:01 PM
Jun 2014
Nyankoo said:
Damn that was intense, did not expect that to happen at the end. Interesting first episode though, killing off all the characters introduced.

I completely agree.
On a side note, I just finished the series. Could someone explain to me who that first guy in the first episode was, and what his relationship to Yomi is?
Jul 12, 2014 10:29 AM

Apr 2014
that was an insane ending
Jul 12, 2014 10:31 AM

Jan 2014
Defective_Minus said:
Nyankoo said:

I completely agree.
On a side note, I just finished the series. Could someone explain to me who that first guy in the first episode was, and what his relationship to Yomi is?

Ga-Rei Zero is a prequel to the manga.
You'll find that guy there, and by the way, he is the Main Character. He's a new member of the force against those monsters, I don't remember the name though.
Oh and I suggest you to read it, it's very good.
Jul 19, 2014 5:41 PM

Jan 2014
lol...WTF reaction near the end...(o_O)
one of the main characters is insane bitch...
Got something to live for, I know that I won't surrender,
A warrior of youth,
I'm taking over, a shot to the new world order
I Am Bulletproof. . .

Aug 12, 2014 4:38 AM

Jul 2013
mc is kind of a mix between hei from darker than black and sousuke from fml
idk about this episode ending, but it's pretty original imo
Oct 16, 2014 6:44 PM

Nov 2012
That ending took me by complete surprise.
Dec 6, 2014 10:26 PM

Sep 2014
Wow, holy shit, wtf. I was like ZzZZZZZ oh cool badass chick on motorbike ZzZZzZZ O_O DAFUQQQQQQ WUT
May 3, 2015 12:18 AM

Feb 2015
I thought the whole series was going to revolve around the team hunting these 'Category X' and surviving but then the ending...

Wow.
Jul 11, 2015 8:17 AM

Jul 2013
I agree too that the almost the whole episode was just boring action that was suppose to look cool but so was not. I was thinking about dropping the show already but then the last few minutes of the episode happened.

I will at least check out the next episode.
Aug 28, 2015 7:54 AM

Dec 2012
There was so much that I wanted to say about this addicting Hollywood action esque starting episode....up until that ending left me feeling too empty to try. Wow, here I was thinking "yeah this whole crew is sweet glasses guy is cool too can't wait to--OH MY OIEJGE!"
Oct 20, 2015 7:27 PM

Dec 2013
Intense episode. Totally caught my attention.
Love the part where the megane guy's hand has been cut off.

โ˜…โ”โ”โ”€
๐˜๐˜ฐ๐˜ธ ๐˜ค๐˜ข๐˜ฏ ๐˜ ๐˜ฃ๐˜ณ๐˜ช๐˜ฏ๐˜จ ๐˜ฑ๐˜ฆ๐˜ข๐˜ค๐˜ฆ ๐˜ต๐˜ฐ ๐˜ฎ๐˜บ ๐˜ฉ๐˜ฆ๐˜ข๐˜ณ๐˜ต?
๐˜ž๐˜ฉ๐˜ฆ๐˜ฏ ๐˜ ๐˜ต๐˜ฉ๐˜ช๐˜ฏ๐˜ฌ ๐˜ข๐˜ฃ๐˜ฐ๐˜ถ๐˜ต ๐˜ช๐˜ต ๐˜ฆ๐˜ท๐˜ฆ๐˜ณ๐˜บ ๐˜ฅ๐˜ข๐˜บ?

Dec 27, 2015 8:05 AM

Feb 2012
I dont know what the heck is going on, but I like it; it was epic and that end.. absolutely unpredictable.
May 19, 2016 3:19 AM

Jul 2015
Wow, that was savage. I think I gonna enjoy this anime - and to think that I only came across it accidentally.
Jul 15, 2016 2:07 AM

Feb 2015
WHAT THE FUCK DID I JUST WATCH.
LIKE SERIOUSLY. ALL OF THE IMPORTANT CHARACTER JUST LITERALLY DIED HORRIBLY IN THIS EPIOSDE. I COMPLETELY DIDN'T FUCKING SEE ALL OF THAT COMING.

i thought it has a nice, funny, cool and like able characters, and i was starting to enjoy it after the girl who ride a bike started to fight all of those ghost/demon with her own bike, but that end, like holy shit the fuck just happened. i mean, look at how they all died in this episode. i mean, not only all of the guy but the girls too. seriously, this first episode is the episode which is very very mind blowing and at the same times mind fuck episode i have ever seen in this year other than re:zero. that just came so suddenly.

now who's gonna play the main character ? that villian girl in the end ?
seriously, this is very interesting imo.
Aug 23, 2016 5:35 PM
Towel Attendant

Dec 2014
I watched the first 3/4 of the episode subbed..........and then my cat closed the browser down by flopping on my keyboard. Opened it all back up and thought that I would try the last 1/4 of it dubbed. Good move since a lot of my favorite voice actors are doing the dubbed. But then most of them died in 45 seconds.....LOL. What can the producers do for episode 2???? On board for this action train.
Oct 26, 2016 9:24 PM

Aug 2015
Boring and i dont understand whats going on .
Nov 10, 2016 9:01 PM

Sep 2014
I was kind of like this show is meh to alright, and then someone spilled coffee. Oh yeah, and his arm got cut off, followed by the killing of everyone else o.o

I don't really know whats going on, but it seems interesting.
Dec 6, 2016 3:25 PM

Mar 2015
Like whaa.... did they just killed all of the supposedly main cast? And now our bad guy is our actual main? I don't mind this. Although it irks me that they give backstory, motives, etc, only to kill them in the end. But it does give a somewhat fresh feelings to it.

Apr 8, 2017 2:04 PM
Dec 2014
Well that's one hell of a start! Beware of cute highschool girls with swords.

I'm in the mood for a short action show. Apparently this is a promo for some manga series?
Sep 27, 2017 5:59 AM

Oct 2012
So, they're not the main characters
What a shame
They're showing us cool 23 min only ended up death for them
"Signature removed"
Dec 6, 2017 10:59 PM
May 2012
Aw man, Natsuki died.
Nov 20, 2019 5:47 PM

Sep 2014
I dont even know why I am watching this. Its likely going to have an open ending and from what I have heard the manga is worse.

Probably something about the character design or rumors about sudden tragedy lured me in. I guess that kinda fits with everyone suddenly dying at the end of ep1.

Something about this anime feels really oldschool, not in a bad way, maybe the animation? I cant yet put my finger on it but I didnt get a similar feeling from recent anime.
"This emotion is mine alone.
It is for Madoka alone." - Homura
or how I would descripe Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica.
May 27, 2020 2:58 AM

Nov 2013
Damn that was a pretty great first episode!
The cgi monster and the music weren’t the best, but that twist at the end caught me by surprise!

I was fully expecting that ensemble to be the main cast, and I was beginning to like Natsuki.
DID NOT expect the whole team to get wiped out...
Looking forward to how this develops!
Nov 5, 2020 11:45 AM

Nov 2019
pffffft! nani

i have a lot of questions
Mar 13, 2021 12:51 PM

Nov 2016
Can't really say that this episode could shine with storytelling. Splatter action could've been more explicit as well, but the ending got me hooked.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Apr 30, 2021 10:22 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
I thought it was boring but wow I'm surprised by the end, it should be interesting, damn they all died xD
Jul 16, 2021 8:05 PM

Nov 2010
After a typical intro where the main team is kicking ass, then boom that WTF ending. It must be some kind of a dream right?

Oh man, that sexy Natsuki and cute Mami got killed just like that?

That category A chick is hot too. I wouldn't mind getting sliced and diced by her. hehe

So the anime is all over in just 1 episode? lmao

Sep 22, 2021 1:22 PM
Mar 2019
I was browsing anime discussions when I saw this anime namedropped for how it sets up a backstory and romance between two characters, only to then have them ruthlessly killed at the end of EP1 and have them not matter anything.

The person who namedropped it was speaking of it negatively, but to me this was a huge draw; I love decoy protagonists. So I decided to check ep 1.

Was pretty good. Definitely a powerful ending scene. I'm not hugely interested in supernatural action besides that so I probably won't continue the rest of the series, though.
Nov 8, 2021 12:03 AM

Aug 2015
Nopani said:
I was browsing anime discussions when I saw this anime namedropped for how it sets up a backstory and romance between two characters, only to then have them ruthlessly killed at the end of EP1 and have them not matter anything.

The person who namedropped it was speaking of it negatively, but to me this was a huge draw; I love decoy protagonists. So I decided to check ep 1.

Was pretty good. Definitely a powerful ending scene. I'm not hugely interested in supernatural action besides that so I probably won't continue the rest of the series, though.

You'll miss out if you won't watch through the end though.
I don't like supernatural action either but the anime is more of a heart-wrenching drama anyways.

If you love such powerful scenes like in the first episode then you'll be in for a treat
Jun 5, 2023 6:35 AM
Aug 2013
what a introduction wow
Jul 19, 2023 11:07 AM

Dec 2022
I knew they weren't the real protagonists, but I didn't expect all of them to get killed in the very first episode at the same time. The anime even bothered to give them unique designs and a vague backstory, as if to fool you into thinking they were going to be relevant later. Very impressive and ballsy episode.

๏ฝฒไน‡ๅˆ€ไน‡ไนƒๅฐบ๏พ‘ไน‡
ใŠŽ ใŠฐ
โ˜ฝ Shaded Horizon โ˜พ

Oct 27, 2023 11:27 PM

Dec 2015
Wow, an impressive start!
But it seems that just the entire cast died?
Dec 31, 2023 6:12 AM

Apr 2015
It's a bit difficult to rate an episode where 99% of the value lies in shock value without being able to feel any shock, but if anything the action is bleh. It was mediocre then and it's mediocre now.
Pages (6) « First ... « 4 5 [6]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ga-Rei -Zero- Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

slayer545-sama - Dec 21, 2008

326 by Archean-Return »»
Jul 19, 2023 6:53 PM

Poll: » Ga-Rei -Zero- Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

removed-user - Dec 14, 2008

76 by Archean-Return »»
Jul 19, 2023 6:04 PM

Poll: » Ga-Rei -Zero- Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

removed-user - Dec 8, 2008

107 by Archean-Return »»
Jul 19, 2023 5:29 PM

Poll: » Ga-Rei -Zero- Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

removed-user - Nov 30, 2008

93 by Archean-Return »»
Jul 19, 2023 5:04 PM

Poll: » Ga-Rei -Zero- Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

ternalnodorei - Nov 23, 2008

150 by Archean-Return »»
Jul 19, 2023 4:21 PM
Itโ€™s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.