Forum Settings
Forums
K-ON!
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 »
Feb 13, 2015 3:34 AM

Oct 2014
Just finished watching this today . Great movie :).
Feb 22, 2015 1:38 PM

Nov 2009
I am pretty disappointed with this movie actually, I thought there would be more focus on them going to London and seeing the sights but it was almost as if the creators were afraid to explore that, So only 30 minutes or so of a 1 hour 45 minute movie is spent on their trip, Great. So in the end they may as well have never went to London. Ending for Azu-nyan was nice of course but a lack of balls to really go out of their own comfort zone and research a bit about London on the writers part is just lazy and just stuck with a tried and tested formula.

7/10 it was good but could have been great.
Apr 14, 2015 12:21 PM
Nov 2014
K-On! series has been a major disappointment, so boring. God, why the hell do I spent time watching this lmao.

VirginAmirulAug 22, 2015 10:27 AM
May 2, 2015 8:39 PM

Feb 2015
9/10
i dont like the trip part but the ending song always got me
May 8, 2015 7:01 AM
Apr 2015
the trip making me regret doing nothing on my summer lol. and the ending song showed me 10000+ feels from the series itself and i had real life flashbacks too. i should have known that this movie exists earlier. K-On! was one of my first animes, it's a shame not knowing of this movie adaptation earlier.
Jun 18, 2015 8:17 AM

Jun 2015
Loved it so much! good job KyoAni! definitely 12/10
A lot of Azu-nyan moe screen time, beyond perfect!

Now i know why Gohan wa Okazu's lyric has 'London' in it
Tenshi ni fureta yo gets me everytime haha.......damn

Hope there's another one
Aug 10, 2015 7:30 PM

Feb 2015
Their trip was a lot fun. The visuals were great in this. I prefer the series finale over the movie ending though.
Aug 25, 2015 12:12 AM

May 2014
Amazing movie! So many good moments, almost 2 hours of pure K-On goodness. 10/10 easy from me <3 I've come to love all these characters dearly!
Sep 12, 2015 11:09 AM

Jan 2009
The intro was very funny, it's my favorite part of the movie! xD
I feel kinda envious of the girls, I wish I could go back to highschool and have a touching graduation T.T
Also, I'm kinda sad there isn't more K-On to watch.
Jan 17, 2016 10:03 PM

Feb 2014
This was absolutely spectacular! What an amazing way to end a very well put together series! I gotta say, those last 5 minutes brought upon a sense of reminisce to when I was in high school.
"So wave goodbye to the hope we were born with, and say farewell to the chance of surviving this holocaust of love, this age of lost souls, but I'm holding on with both hands and I'm never letting go."
Feb 13, 2016 3:23 PM

May 2014
This movie was better than expected! Had enough performances but the antics and comedy were really funny too! Loved when they were all running and screaming on the rooftop at the end xD Also Nodoka in the ninja outfit was unexpected. What a great farewell to this series! The special features on the blu-ray were great. Who knew the VAs actually filled a 30,000 person stadium playing "Go! Go! Maniac!"? Cool interviews too.
~ The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.
Feb 16, 2016 11:24 AM

Aug 2015
not like saying that their other songs are bad or anything, but wow, that instrumental song at the begining was really unexpectedly good. :O
Apr 8, 2016 8:39 PM
Nov 2015
I didn't find anything to this, neither on the internet nor here in the discussions. But i would like to know:
What is Azu-nyan saying after

Does anybody know something?
ForTheCuteThingsApr 8, 2016 8:42 PM
Apr 17, 2016 10:01 PM

May 2014
cookiedestroyer said:
I didn't find anything to this, neither on the internet nor here in the discussions. But i would like to know:

That's why they look so shocked lol.
~ The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.
Apr 18, 2016 6:53 PM
Nov 2015
Phenomanan said:
cookiedestroyer said:

That's why they look so shocked lol.

ah, that could it be, thx
Apr 26, 2016 10:37 PM

Jan 2015
I liked this movie. Really cute and will rewatch along with the series soon.

BTW, am I the only one who got upset after reading this movie's synopsis on here?
May 9, 2016 5:32 PM
Dec 2015
I have to say this was interesting to watch. Don't ask me why i never watched it guess i just never got that far or got to busy to remember to anyways i thought it was pretty interesting. Also I have to say i thought some of the songs was pretty darn good. U&I, Curry Nochi Rice, Gohan wa Okazu, and the last song Tenshi ni Fureta yo! Was pretty good if you ask me.

Anyways i kind of noticed that the ending of the movie and season 2 kind of clashed together almost perfectly. I say almost as there was a slight difference ,but not much though. Got to admit though Yui sounds pretty good singing though.
May 10, 2016 2:16 PM

Jan 2016
Other than the exaggerated accents, that was a really good representation of London.
Jun 12, 2016 1:22 PM

Nov 2008
Well it wasn't the best series in all the universe but I have to admit that I kind of enjoyed it.
Gonna miss the characters they were really loveable.
Oct 13, 2016 11:07 AM

Jul 2015
This shouldn't have ended... :'c
What a lovely series.
10/10
I'll fade away and classify myself as obsolete!
Obsolete!!
Jan 23, 2017 2:37 PM
Dec 2016
Naratchi said:
I forgot how nice it feels when a movie meets your highest expectations.

This movie were great! I expect some random cute girls doing cute thing, but this is different.
Feb 23, 2017 10:22 AM

Sep 2015
So yeah as an unapologetic K-On fan I really enjoyed this movie. But it wasn't quite everything I wanted to be. The beginning did some annoying stuff, where it felt the need to inform us of the characters their relationships and their pasts together. As if we'd watch this movie without having seen the series. And it also spends a long time having them decide they're going to take a trip, and then where they're going to go. Even though this had already been covered in an OVA setting the movie up where they get passports. Yui with the sad Europe face was really funny though.

Once they start traveling and make it to London the movie picks up a lot. It's pretty much exactly what you'd expect. And they end up performing two different times while they're in the city. But it's good, really prettily animated and justifies the effort it must have taken to make a K-On movie. Sure one of the days they spend in London literally passes in montage. But I think it still does a good job. Both depicting the thrilling and disorienting fun of traveling. And capturing a lot of the historic and cultural charm of the city. And of course the goofy moe antics are really great. My only real complaint about the trip part of the movie is Sawa-chan's sudden appearance at the end. Mainly because her arrival added nothing to the performance and was utterly pointless.

The very end of the film is where it loses me a little. I think the series milked the sadness of graduation a little too hard at the end. But I allowed it because after so many episodes they kind of earned it. But honestly the movie could have spent more time in London and cut out the ending part and I might have been happy. Considering they wanted to show in the movie how the girls wrote Azusa's song. I suppose at least showing them perform it for her again was necessary. But it's like we get it K-On. Graduation is bittersweet in that you move on but also leave behind. We've all done it. We don't need to see theirs from every possible angle and perspective. Still the last day of school early morning show was cool. I guess I'm just going to give it a pass like always.

You might have a few problems like I do. But if you liked the series, I can't imagine K-On the movie will disappoint you too bad. It has pretty animation, packs a lot of the bands music into it (a surprising amount) and it has the characters you probably at least like interacting in new but familiar ways. Plus the new ED is really bitching. As expected.
Mar 28, 2017 11:00 AM

Nov 2016
This movie was very good. Really spot on representation of London. I guess they didn't have to make it a big deal out of the ending of episode 24 as that episode was highly emotional and moved me whereas the movie lessened the impact that that episode had. 8/10
May 8, 2017 6:26 PM
Jul 2016
Much can be said that has already been said and not. Most people already covered that now so I will just settle with "Great!" as it´s always have been watching K-ON, and that last song really is beautiful, when you read the lyrics as you see various memories of Azusa and them togheter. I can´t say anything negative about it all, because I didn´t see any for what it is. But even if I could I wouldn´t have said it...

It´s just SO. DAMN. SATISFYING to watch. Thanks for everything K-ON!

8/10
HilariumosisJun 5, 2017 6:41 PM
Jul 31, 2017 4:37 PM
Supreme Tsundere

Nov 2012
Surprise of surprises, the movie ended way after they departed from London, and were I was thinking most of the movie and its culmination will be there.

Uchihafan25 said:
Damn you K-ON..................YOU REALLY KNOW HOW TO PULL AT MY HEARTSTRINGS! I wasn't strong enough to make it through all of that Azusa stuff again yet you put me through it anyway! *sniff, sniff*

Felt the same, this movie got me right into the feels. I will miss the girls! The movie had alot of great songs, shame they keep on insisting on using that curry rice one, that sucked IMO.

8.8 The perfect movie to end watching K-On series.
PlaycoolAug 2, 2017 4:24 PM
Sep 6, 2017 12:03 AM
May 2017
Well, I wasn't sure if K-On! (being what it was) could do well in the two-hour movie format, but it looks like I was proven wrong. One part that stuck out to me was at the 34-and-a-half-minute mark. There were two adults helping Yui pack her suitcase. At first, I had no idea who those people were. Then I realized they were Yui and Ui's parents! When I realized that, it struck me like a bullet. To be truthful, I kind of forgot they had parents.
Sep 19, 2017 7:45 AM

Jan 2013
The quality here is absurd. Everything looked beautiful and the animation quality stayed great all the way until the end, with another music video after that. I used to avoid this series for the longest time because of what I've heard before but I'm very glad I watched it. One of my new favs and one I plan on re-watching in the future.

+1 for decent English too
Sep 19, 2017 4:59 PM

Jan 2010
after 6 and a half years of finishing K-ON!! i finally picked this movie out, and except that ova and those shorts i basically can say i watched all of it...

It got me so melancholic, i was 17 when i finished this T_T , time flies man. It was great to see the girls again and K-ON will always have a special place in my heart, a truly great slice of life anime with some of the nicest and cutest girls in recent anime history. I missed them, especially Yui

8/10 for this heartwarming piece of art.
I loved how they chose London as the place for their trip as I have visited some of those landmarks and it made me feel as if i went after their footsteps.

It's sad that azusa will stay behind but the gesture that the girls and Yui made through that song was almost too realistic. loved every bit of it <3
Sayonara,papa!

"Just how a mirror reflects you,people will also reflect your heart."
~Athena Glory,Aria

"Whatever happens,happens"
~Spike Spiegel's thoughts on dying(Cowboy Bebop)
Oct 1, 2017 9:18 PM

Jun 2017
I loved this. The initial conversation about "musical differences" cracked me up - specifically Yui's comeback "Well you fell down and showed your panties Mio" - haha... the relevance and timing are unbeatable here... so uncalled for.

To be honest I re-wound that part a couple times, because the first time I wasn't sure if she really said it, and the second time because I was laughing way more than I probably should have been.

Kickass movie though ... it stands up to the series pretty well.
Oct 25, 2017 8:34 PM

Jul 2015
Ending wasn't as good as in the anime, probably because it lacks the buildup.

Overall it was what I expected which was more K-ON. Animation was amazing and the comedy was great.

8/10 One of the much better Slice of Life series out there.
Nov 4, 2017 6:59 AM

Feb 2012
Waitrose appeared in anime.

Anime is saved

Novels I have read/am reading pending approval: since November 10 2022
Dec 5, 2017 3:04 AM
Nov 2017
I missed k-on and all the girls TT
Dec 12, 2017 3:11 PM

Nov 2016
Really nice movie,the last song was great, so many feels :)

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Apr 29, 2018 9:44 AM

Sep 2012
Is the show exactly like this? I can't even imagine that many episodes of what I just saw. LittleKuriboh's one spot in the dub was not worth the price of admission : p
May 21, 2018 3:57 PM

Sep 2012
Re-watched the movie and i'm still amused by their music. The movie was done very well, especially the animation and Houkago tea time struggling to speak with the locals in London was still hilarious just like when I first time watching it. I really missed this anime and going back to their songs are so adorable and delightful to listen to. No matter how long, I will be waiting for a sequel.
Oct 17, 2018 5:42 PM
Sep 2017
Shrek's Adventure wasn't a sightseeing spot in the movie. My disappointment is immeasurable and my day is ruined. 0/10 would not recommend.
Feb 20, 2019 10:31 AM
Dec 2018
Just amazing as the series...I love those girls whenever I watched the anime I feel very refreshing and happy it's because of those girls they are really awesome!!!man it's bad that it won't have another movie or season...sigh I will really miss them so much!!!
Feb 21, 2019 5:50 AM
Aug 2018
Love every single one of them
May 29, 2019 6:54 PM

Jul 2012
Such a sweet and wholesome movie. I'll definitely miss this series!
Jun 21, 2019 11:05 PM
Jul 2018
After watching this film i never thought k-on would be this boring
Dec 26, 2019 12:53 PM

Feb 2019
The movie was hilarious and fluffy at the same time.

But those girls went to eat sushi in london instead of dishes like chicken tikka masala or sunday roast.
*triggered*
Mar 26, 2020 5:39 PM
Jul 2009
I'm usually iffy on movies based on TV anime because they're usually not that great IMHO. However, this movie is amazing! Not only is it cute and funny but it's also very well paced, bittersweet, and evocative of so many emotions I'm not even going to try to list them all here. In short, I fucking loved it!
I'm not a neko girl, I'm nyan-binary, hence the name
Yes I am an SJW.
No i will not scream at you for being a straight, white, cis, male.
I have important things to scream about and a finite amount of time in the day.
Feel free to talk to me, I only bite if you ask nicely :D
Apr 7, 2020 7:09 AM
Nov 2015
I forgot how much I love K-On!

This series truly stroke a lot of chords inside me. The high school theme, the friendship, the cuteness, the comedy, the band theme, the music, the tea & sweets, the easy going slice of life.. It's just perfect.

And, this movie is definitely a perfect conclusion for this series. I loved it when I first watched it years ago and I still love it just the same today.. This series will live forever inside me.
Apr 17, 2020 5:06 AM
Oct 2018
That intro song was a lot more 80s speed-metal than i remember K-on being. I remember them as 00s pop-punk, like a girly Blink 182, or No Doubt with less ska, but that 1st song was like early Anthrax, or D.R.I or something.

Having them as a metal band would be better than the generic bubblegum game-soundtrack pop-punk sound they mostly stuck with.
May 17, 2020 12:33 AM

May 2013
I wish London was better utilized as a setting.

The movie meanders a lot at the beginning too -- a setup is important, but we'd already established that they wanted to go on an overseas trip in S2, so a lot of that material felt like treading old ground unnecessarily. It felt disconnected from the series, even though the rest of the movie ties into it well.

As a final sendoff for the series, this is good. I liked it. Emotionally I felt like episode 20 of S2 was stronger, but this works well enough as a goodbye to the series. I didn't think we'd sit through most of the performance for Azusa again, but the way it was handled -- showing us shots of the girls coming up with the song and practicing it in-tune with the actual performance -- was a fresh take. So it was cool.
May 19, 2020 2:15 PM
Oct 2016
how on earth are they able to afford to go on a direct flight with japan airlines and go in a london taxi lol
Jun 16, 2020 4:05 PM

Aug 2019
wow that was an absolute joyride of a watch, fucking loved it so much.
Such an amazing movie for this anime. Kyoto really did not want to disappoint with this one and i will say they did not at all, visuals were amazing, plot was solid and the alternate ending (i guess?) was so touching.
Plot itself, was great although it felt a bit awkward with the original story of
but honestly, i don't mind this as well as we got an entire travel arc with the entire gang to Europe and a re-done graduation arc, honestly could not asked for anything else.
The characters were all the same, which helped massively with making the movie 1000x times better because of the complete moe and wholesomeness they radiate around them.
Kyoto has done an amazingly accurate job at animating London itself, they showed off most of the landmarks and did a good job at showing off the nightlife and events.
I cannot stress this enough though, seeing the country i come from being fully animated and used as a plot for an anime especially K-On brings joy to me. But it is soooo alienating to be seeing London from the point of someone sightseeing. Even though i live about a 4 hour drive away, i've visited London a fair few times and had the joy taken out, but seeing it from the girls perspective is like re-visiting it but this time with the joy you get for seeing/experiencing everything for the first time. It's also extremely funny to think if i switched places with them (as in taking a plane to Japan their homeland) more or less i would have the EXACT same reaction of "holy shit this is amazing, look at this and that, i wanna try this!" while the girls are completely normal with it, i'll also probably also struggle immensely with the language responding to everyone with "Hai!" after realising there are no subtitles. But on the topic of language barriers, lmao Kyoto Animations aced it pretty well with the difficulty and the average stereotypical responses xD
Also the average price for a flight from Japan to london is around £600-£1000, so either Sawako is STACKED with cash, or shes willing to spare a few extra buck to help out the girl.
all in all, this was a great movie i had an absolute blast watching it, being able to see all my favourite characters once again but also once again having to sadly say farewell to the K-On series.
Thank you Kyoto Animations for making another incredible series c:
Sep 18, 2020 11:45 PM

Jul 2020
Can't believe it's over :(

But the college manga exists so maybe it's not so bad :)
Sep 25, 2020 12:54 PM
Aug 2020
This was a really well done movie 6/10
Oct 4, 2020 3:05 PM

May 2020
Loved the entire series now i feel kinda empty

Pages (7) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Best Girl

Dragevard - Sep 30, 2021

20 by waalex11 »»
Aug 10, 2023 3:14 PM

Poll: » Are there many musicians in the fan base?

Prime1984 - Jun 4, 2023

23 by 10q7ch »»
Jun 9, 2023 10:25 PM

» The Girls of Afternoon Tea Time are English Icons

raabyray - May 13, 2023

3 by kotosugu »»
May 13, 2023 12:57 PM

Poll: » Is this a movie you would watch in the cinema?

Zaqu - Aug 19, 2021

21 by Rinrinka »»
Nov 25, 2022 5:48 AM

» Made a website documenting all the K-ON Movie IRL London Locations

yaahallo - Dec 28, 2021

5 by lvmbrjack »»
Jun 28, 2022 8:30 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.