MyAnimeList.net

Anime Information
Forums

Recent Posts | My Watched Topics | My Ignored Topics | Search

K-On! Movie Episode 1 Discussion
MyAnimeList.net Forum »» Anime Discussion »» Series Discussion »» K-On! Movie »» K-On! Movie Episode 1 Discussion

Pages (6) -0.6 0.4 [1.4] 2.4 3.4 » ... Last »
Poll: K-On! Movie Episode 1 Discussion

07-19-12, 1:50 PM

Definitely better than S2 but still boring sometimes. The best parts were beginning and ending.

07-19-12, 2:03 PM

Such an nice movie.
The ending is very nice i really enjoyed every second of the movie.

07-19-12, 2:35 PM

That was great. Like other people said, I didn't really like that they essentially reused a scene from the TV series at the end, but I'll accept it, since it'd actually be a little strange if they didn't. After all, the entire movie was about writing "Tenshi ni Fureta Yo," so it wouldn't really make sense for them not to perform it...

There were a lot of funny parts, the whole movie was adorable... it was well worth the wait. I'd love it if there would be more K-ON! anime stuff after this, but if this has to be the end, then it was definitely a great way to finish the series.

07-19-12, 2:53 PM

Did not expect actual English accents to be used in this movie but it was pretty good. Overall, the movie was very enjoyable and also really funny. I really liked when Azusa misunderstood Yuri... I mean Yui. I only wished we could have seen a bit of their lives post-graduation with the seniors in college and Azusa starting her senior year. However, if this movie is the last of K-On, then I'm more or less satisfied.

07-19-12, 3:16 PM

Once again, i cry watching K-On! and so proud of it. <3
2nd movie or more seasons now? :D

07-19-12, 4:01 PM
Forum Moderator
....All dem feels at the end. Rinne no Lagrange level of feels. This is why I love K-ON.

07-19-12, 4:10 PM

Didn't cry had tears in mah eyes though at the end.
I will never get enough of Sawa-chan.
"Chicken or beef?"
"Excellent" lol

07-19-12, 4:11 PM
Anime Moderator
Loved it. Only think i didn't like was Sawa-chans appearance in London. It was completely unrealistic but meh it's anime shit like that happen. 9/10 great movie. I wanna see more K-on :3

07-19-12, 4:16 PM

This was good :D very good
it had all nice things from series, but somehow managed not to bring those less pleasant
and it felt nostalgic for some reason - with those goodbyes and leaving school, well done indeed
poor Azu-cat

accents... they didn't feel right. They fitted the place but I was expecting some Engrish - so nice surprise in the end

ok time to rewatch series again XD

07-19-12, 4:25 PM

What a joy to watch. These girls are so much fun.

The visuals were very impressive both art and animation-wise, as expected of KyoAni with a movie budget.

07-19-12, 4:26 PM

Finished rewatching it in HD with subs. I won't say anything new about the movie itself, as it turns out I was able to understand almost everything from the raw anyway, so not much new for me. But... I saw in HD how much KyoAni failed at musical performance scenes :D

(spoiler due to lots of images)

Sorry about all that nitpicking, but myself being a wannabe musician, I'm kind of sensible to such things :D

But really, for a series which has music as one of the main themes, K-On! fails miserably at animating musical performances.

Actually, the only anime I've seen musical performances done right in, are Haruhi and Apollon...
Modified by Balibuli, 07-19-12, 4:30 PM

07-19-12, 4:37 PM

kFYatek said:
Finished rewatching it in HD with subs. I won't say anything new about the movie itself, as it turns out I was able to understand almost everything from the raw anyway, so not much new for me. But... I saw in HD how much KyoAni failed at musical performance scenes :D

Sorry about all that nitpicking, but myself being a wannabe musician, I'm kind of sensible to such things :D

But really, for a series which has music as one of the main themes, K-On! fails miserably at animating musical performances.

Actually, the only anime I've seen musical performances done right in, are Haruhi and Apollon...

I agree many fails! XD

BUT...

Live in London sushi for Mistake...
Another Live in London and Sawa-chan?! WOW

And how the song for Azusa is made!!

Amazing moe!!!!

4,7/5
9/10

07-19-12, 5:00 PM

This movie is great. It's fun to have them back, still loving their music and the new songs are nice too. It's worth the wait. :D

07-19-12, 6:15 PM

that was a fun movie to watch, i was excited at the beginning because i thought they were finally gonna play a good song!

Now my question is: i watched the CoalGuys release (awesome job btw) and i heard that there was like a special edition with 40 extra minutes of video. Did their release include it?

07-19-12, 8:12 PM

Season 3! Season 3! Season 3!
"My tables-meet it is I set it down
That one may smile, and smile, and be a villain."

07-19-12, 8:13 PM

This was just perfect. Loved every minute of it.

I laughed, cried, smiled, and loved it. Towards the end of the movie I got teary eyed since I didn't want it to end. I love these girls and the series!

10/10 for me. Then again, I rated the two seasons a 10 as well so I had no doubt this movie would be just as great.

Culevra said:
that was a fun movie to watch, i was excited at the beginning because i thought they were finally gonna play a good song!

Now my question is: i watched the CoalGuys release (awesome job btw) and i heard that there was like a special edition with 40 extra minutes of video. Did their release include it?
If there really is a special edition with 40 extra minutes, CoalGuy's release wasn't it. That would make the movie 2 hours and 30 minutes but their release was only 1 hour 50m.

I'd love to see the extra though! Hopefully someone subs it.

07-19-12, 8:23 PM

I swear I had a stupid grin on my face the whole time I was watching this movie. Pretty much a perfect movie for me, with classic characters and superb animation. Ending song music video is probably my favorite of the entire series.

My only complaint is that there really wasn't enough Mio to satisfy me. :(
10/10 from me regardless.

07-19-12, 8:27 PM

Azu-cat <3

07-19-12, 8:28 PM

Ah, it was great indeed.
It was funny, cute, and very fun to watch.
I'm glad I picked up this show back then. It definitely evolved into something very enjoyable to watch.

9/10

07-19-12, 8:50 PM

Awesome movie!! Definitely need a third season! :D

07-19-12, 8:52 PM

Njs_Fluffy said:

please no. 3rd season would be horrid D=
If your going to complain that Yu-Gi-Oh! Mangas are on the top NY times manga best sellers, you must not realize how popular Card games are(as well as the fact that you get a free card).

07-19-12, 8:55 PM

Well, that was fucking worth every second of the 7 month wait.

I teared up during multiple scenes.

07-19-12, 9:15 PM

Njs_Fluffy said:

Not enough manga material for 3rd season... maybe for an OVA series though.

07-19-12, 10:22 PM

i like the ending song

07-19-12, 10:34 PM

Kefkiroth said:
Njs_Fluffy said:

Not enough manga material for 3rd season... maybe for an OVA series though.
Wasn't half of the second season of K-ON just filler? I mean, just like this movie I'm sure they could make it great. It's not like K-ON is a complicated series. KyoAni has shown they could still do a great job on their own without the source material.

07-19-12, 11:41 PM
Anime Moderator
kFYatek said:

Well man... Yeah that's maximum nitpicking.

1) about Mugis organ... I have NO idea what you are talking about. That being said I'm not saying you are wrong but that the 97% of people that watched this movie wont get it either. As far as "her hands being too small" thing i can tell you that my little niece is playing the piano and shes 5 years old. Compare her finger size with the piano buttons and yet she can play fine. So i don't think that's a problem.

2) I think it's an angle thing if you know what i mean. I dunno if it's on purpose or just fail :/ About the guitar chords i have no idea what you are talking about :/

3) About the mics. If you look on closely you will see that the mics cables are all going to the holes formed by 4 desks. That being said it gives the impression that they are plugged in a device under the desks? I dunno how mics work i have nothing to do with music sorry :/

4) Well about Yui and the mic you are right. They could have lowered her voice a bit or something. But still i consider it something trivial and not many people would spot it :/

07-20-12, 12:54 AM

Panaru said:
Well, that was fucking worth every second of the 7 month wait.

I teared up during multiple scenes.
Hell yeah it was

07-20-12, 2:42 AM

I'm gonna cry all over again.
This reopened my K-on is over wound.

Fuck, God damn it.
Modified by AngelicFeces, 07-20-12, 2:46 AM

07-20-12, 3:11 AM

Damn you K-ON..................YOU REALLY KNOW HOW TO PULL AT MY HEARTSTRINGS! I wasn't strong enough to make it through all of that Azusa stuff again yet you put me through it anyway! *sniff, sniff*

Anyway, great movie overall. I really enjoyed it. It would be great to hopefully one day see a 3rd season of K-ON down the road. Only time will tell, we'll see.
"No matter how much of a genius one is, in front of the Uchiha name, they're just ordinary people." - Sasuke Uchiha

07-20-12, 3:18 AM

I say, it was a very great movie. Afterschool Tea Time goodness packed in 1 hour and 50 minutes. I was able to listen to "Tenshi no Fureta yo!" once again in this movie and that song is excellent both in rhythm AND lyrics. :')

The ending song was amazing!

10/10 from me.

07-20-12, 3:24 AM

I forgot how nice it feels when a movie meets your highest expectations.

07-20-12, 5:00 AM

Very cute and heartwarming! It met all of my expectations!

07-20-12, 5:23 AM

In the beginning of the movie. I thought Fuwa Fuwa Time as the ending closing song would be nice. Well they did, impressed.

Overall very satisfying movie, from the engrish, the songs, london hijinks and closing the K-ON! series. The people who are wishing for a sequel should be ashamed especially if you're a fan.

07-20-12, 6:09 AM

Finally a movie with proper English by foreigners? Haha XD

Well it was a satisfying wait; enjoyed it a lot :)

07-20-12, 6:34 AM

Azu-cat!! Azu-nyan nyan nyan nyaan~

Best movie ever, yay! All the wait was worth it, aye! Graduation ;_; naayyy~!
KyoAni did a good job, naisu.

07-20-12, 6:38 AM

Absolutely Beautiful...Loved it a lot

Touching ending and Awesome Animation.

Totally deserves to be in top 50 ranking on MAL

07-20-12, 6:55 AM

Btw what r the titles of the songs sung during the classroom gig?

07-20-12, 7:39 AM

omg i didn't know yui and ui had a mom and a dad! hahaha

EDIT after finished it: Great movie! Too bad I already love the last song by heart, it had a less good impact on me. I LOVED the Ending sequence! <3 Ritsu with hair down! Goodbye K-on!
Modified by Kurini, 07-20-12, 2:30 PM

07-20-12, 7:50 AM

Loved it.

07-20-12, 8:38 AM

-Quasar said:
The people who are wishing for a sequel should be ashamed especially if you're a fan.

Why? The K-ON girls are always at their best with KyoAni in charge. This movie shows that KyoAni is far better at handling the Light Music Club girls than Kakifly is. I've read the manga and holy shit is it ever boring and monotonous. There's a reason that barely anybody read it at all before KyoAni made their adaptation. I'm not surprised that the two manga set after the main quartet's graduation got cancelled/finished early. And KyoAni would do a hell of a lot better at a K-ON: The College Years than kakifly did.

07-20-12, 8:50 AM

When you think Tenshi ni fureta yo doesn't have enough feelings, they put more feelings...

Excellent movie. I really would like to go in trip with my friends like they did, I'm pretty sure we'll do random stuff as they did.

BTW. Abbey Road Abbey Road Abbey Road Abbey Road Abbey Road Abbey Road Abbey Road. It's now official XD

Modified by Hades_Light, 07-20-12, 8:53 AM

07-20-12, 8:53 AM

Barion-Zara said:
Btw what r the titles of the songs sung during the classroom gig?

Samidare 20 Love (the one Mio sings) and U&I.

07-20-12, 9:49 AM

I love every moment in this movie, they did a fabulous job !!

07-20-12, 10:27 AM

(about my "performance scenes fails" post)
Cloudy-Sky said:
Well man... Yeah that's maximum nitpicking.

Of course it is! :D I was just pointing out some fails and inconsistencies. I don't think that the movie is bad because of that. I'm well aware that those issues are trivial and most people won't even spot them. Heck, even I found them only during the third watching of the movie, after looking really closely at 1080p video. So it doesn't affect my opinion about the movie in any way :)

It's just a pity that in all the KyoAni's attention to detail, carefully reproducing every (visual) nuance of the instruments, locations, and sometimes even clothing, they didn't put as much effort into making the video match the audio in performance scenes ;)

Also, if you want some explanation on things you said you have no idea what I am talking about... in the spoiler.

07-20-12, 10:47 AM

-Quasar said:
The people who are wishing for a sequel should be ashamed especially if you're a fan.
I don't see why should a fan be ashamed if they are hoping for a season 3. Everybody knows that there's still enough material for a third season. Im sure everybody want to see the college look of Mio, Ritsu, Yui and Mugi. Everybody are intrigue on what will happen to the Light Music Club after the four girls graduated.

I am forcing myself not to read the Manga because there's a huge possibility of a season three. So tell me, Why should we(fans) be ashamed?

07-20-12, 10:51 AM

Good movie it nicely finished the high school part of the manga :)
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the General Forum Guidelines.

07-20-12, 10:54 AM

-MgZ_ said:
-Quasar said:
I don't see why should a fan be ashamed if they are hoping for a season 3. Everybody knows that there's still enough material for a third season. Im sure everybody want to see the college look of Mio, Ritsu, Yui and Mugi. Everybody are intrigue on what will happen to the Light Music Club after the four girls graduated.

I am forcing myself not to read the Manga because there's a huge possibility of a season three. So tell me, Why should we(fans) be ashamed?

I think his point is just that it already wrapped up perfectly and that there's no reason to continue it beyond this, especially when it's highly likely that the end product won't ever be able to match up to the standards set here with the movie. It's a beautiful ending and it might as well be impossible to ever match up to this again. We should be happy that they made the movie in the first place instead of just ending after the TV anime. Can't be asking for too much, right?

Still, every fan of the series definitely wants more material and I'm a part of that too. I'd only want it though if it was just as good as the second season.

07-20-12, 11:12 AM

Dat feel when there will be no more K-on ;_;

07-20-12, 11:45 AM

Veronin said:

I think his point is just that it already wrapped up perfectly and that there's no reason to continue it beyond this, especially when it's highly likely that the end product won't ever be able to match up to the standards set here with the movie. It's a beautiful ending and it might as well be impossible to ever match up to this again. We should be happy that they made the movie in the first place instead of just ending after the TV anime. Can't be asking for too much, right?

Still, every fan of the series definitely wants more material and I'm a part of that too. I'd only want it though if it was just as good as the second season.

I get the point. That is certainly very true... IF, the remaining material in the manga isn't better or as good as the previous one. You can actually apply that to other great Anime like Angel Beats, Steins;Gate, Madoka, Death Note, etc.. It will fit a lot more to these examples. That's because their main strength is their story. K-ON's focus isn't really the story but the comedy and music. Basically, Comedy > Music > Story in K-ON.

If KyoAni makes a season 3, Im sure a lot would be pleased. Yes, yes. You're right. They should only make one if they think that the season three will be as good or will be better than its prequels. I believe KyoAni could make another hit with a season three because I trust them.

07-20-12, 12:21 PM

That was bloody wonderful.

Pages (6) -0.6 0.4 [1.4] 2.4 3.4 » ... Last »
Advertising     FAQ     About     Contact     Terms     Privacy