MyAnimeList.net

Anime Information
Forums

Recent Posts | My Watched Topics | My Ignored Topics | Search

K-On! Movie Episode 1 Discussion
MyAnimeList.net Forum »» Anime Discussion »» Series Discussion »» K-On! Movie »» K-On! Movie Episode 1 Discussion

Pages (13) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
View Poll Results: K-On! Movie Episode 1 Discussion
5 out of 5: Loved it!

362 85.18%
4 out of 5: Liked it

42 9.88%
3 out of 5: It was OK

12 2.82%
2 out of 5: Disliked it

3 0.71%
1 out of 5: Hated it

6 1.41%
Voters: 425

07-19-12, 1:50 PM

Definitely better than S2 but still boring sometimes. The best parts were beginning and ending.

07-19-12, 2:03 PM

Such an nice movie.
The ending is very nice i really enjoyed every second of the movie.

07-19-12, 2:35 PM

That was great. Like other people said, I didn't really like that they essentially reused a scene from the TV series at the end, but I'll accept it, since it'd actually be a little strange if they didn't. After all, the entire movie was about writing "Tenshi ni Fureta Yo," so it wouldn't really make sense for them not to perform it...

There were a lot of funny parts, the whole movie was adorable... it was well worth the wait. I'd love it if there would be more K-ON! anime stuff after this, but if this has to be the end, then it was definitely a great way to finish the series.

07-19-12, 2:53 PM

Did not expect actual English accents to be used in this movie but it was pretty good. Overall, the movie was very enjoyable and also really funny. I really liked when Azusa misunderstood Yuri... I mean Yui. I only wished we could have seen a bit of their lives post-graduation with the seniors in college and Azusa starting her senior year. However, if this movie is the last of K-On, then I'm more or less satisfied.

07-19-12, 3:16 PM

Once again, i cry watching K-On! and so proud of it. <3
2nd movie or more seasons now? :D

07-19-12, 4:01 PM
Forum Moderator
....All dem feels at the end. Rinne no Lagrange level of feels. This is why I love K-ON.

07-19-12, 4:10 PM

Didn't cry had tears in mah eyes though at the end.
I will never get enough of Sawa-chan.
"Chicken or beef?"
"Excellent" lol

07-19-12, 4:11 PM
Anime Moderator
Loved it. Only think i didn't like was Sawa-chans appearance in London. It was completely unrealistic but meh it's anime shit like that happen. 9/10 great movie. I wanna see more K-on :3

07-19-12, 4:16 PM

This was good :D very good
it had all nice things from series, but somehow managed not to bring those less pleasant
and it felt nostalgic for some reason - with those goodbyes and leaving school, well done indeed
poor Azu-cat

accents... they didn't feel right. They fitted the place but I was expecting some Engrish - so nice surprise in the end

ok time to rewatch series again XD
Please join this club if you wish for news threads of un-aired anime to be unlocked/stop being locked!

07-19-12, 4:25 PM

What a joy to watch. These girls are so much fun.

The visuals were very impressive both art and animation-wise, as expected of KyoAni with a movie budget.

07-19-12, 4:26 PM

Finished rewatching it in HD with subs. I won't say anything new about the movie itself, as it turns out I was able to understand almost everything from the raw anyway, so not much new for me. But... I saw in HD how much KyoAni failed at musical performance scenes :D

(spoiler due to lots of images)

Sorry about all that nitpicking, but myself being a wannabe musician, I'm kind of sensible to such things :D

But really, for a series which has music as one of the main themes, K-On! fails miserably at animating musical performances.

Actually, the only anime I've seen musical performances done right in, are Haruhi and Apollon...
Modified by Balibuli, 07-19-12, 4:30 PM

07-19-12, 4:37 PM

kFYatek said:
Finished rewatching it in HD with subs. I won't say anything new about the movie itself, as it turns out I was able to understand almost everything from the raw anyway, so not much new for me. But... I saw in HD how much KyoAni failed at musical performance scenes :D

(spoiler due to lots of images)

Sorry about all that nitpicking, but myself being a wannabe musician, I'm kind of sensible to such things :D

But really, for a series which has music as one of the main themes, K-On! fails miserably at animating musical performances.

Actually, the only anime I've seen musical performances done right in, are Haruhi and Apollon...

I agree many fails! XD

BUT...

Live in London sushi for Mistake...
Another Live in London and Sawa-chan?! WOW

And how the song for Azusa is made!!

Amazing moe!!!!

4,7/5
9/10

07-19-12, 5:00 PM

This movie is great. It's fun to have them back, still loving their music and the new songs are nice too. It's worth the wait. :D

07-19-12, 6:15 PM

that was a fun movie to watch, i was excited at the beginning because i thought they were finally gonna play a good song!

Now my question is: i watched the CoalGuys release (awesome job btw) and i heard that there was like a special edition with 40 extra minutes of video. Did their release include it?

07-19-12, 8:12 PM

Season 3! Season 3! Season 3!
"My tables-meet it is I set it down
That one may smile, and smile, and be a villain."

07-19-12, 8:13 PM

This was just perfect. Loved every minute of it.

I laughed, cried, smiled, and loved it. Towards the end of the movie I got teary eyed since I didn't want it to end. I love these girls and the series!

10/10 for me. Then again, I rated the two seasons a 10 as well so I had no doubt this movie would be just as great.

Culevra said:
that was a fun movie to watch, i was excited at the beginning because i thought they were finally gonna play a good song!

Now my question is: i watched the CoalGuys release (awesome job btw) and i heard that there was like a special edition with 40 extra minutes of video. Did their release include it?
If there really is a special edition with 40 extra minutes, CoalGuy's release wasn't it. That would make the movie 2 hours and 30 minutes but their release was only 1 hour 50m.

I'd love to see the extra though! Hopefully someone subs it.

07-19-12, 8:23 PM

I swear I had a stupid grin on my face the whole time I was watching this movie. Pretty much a perfect movie for me, with classic characters and superb animation. Ending song music video is probably my favorite of the entire series.

My only complaint is that there really wasn't enough Mio to satisfy me. :(
10/10 from me regardless.

07-19-12, 8:27 PM

Azu-cat <3

07-19-12, 8:28 PM

Ah, it was great indeed.
It was funny, cute, and very fun to watch.
I'm glad I picked up this show back then. It definitely evolved into something very enjoyable to watch.

9/10

07-19-12, 8:50 PM

Awesome movie!! Definitely need a third season! :D

Pages (13) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Help     FAQ     About     Contact     Terms     Privacy     AdChoices