Forum Settings
Forums
K-ON!
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Jul 17, 2012 5:17 PM

Apr 2009
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Just finished watching. Definitely will rewatch in HD with subs some time soon. It was a pretty good movie after all - a similar level to the series, so a good watch if you enjoyed the TV version, but won't convince you if you didn't. Like all the K-On! finales and "finale-like episodes", it is touching in a way that leaves you with a big smile after watching, and has some genuinely funny moments, like
I didn't like some parts, though, like not having any new songs other than OP and ED (even though HTT did perform in the movie), and almost outright reusing a scene from the series
The part taking place in London was also kind of skewed, with many rather improbable events happening.

But, in the end, let me say it once more - you'll enjoy K-On! The Movie about as much as you did enjoy the TV series. Not more, not less. If you're a fan, it's a must. If you hated the series, don't bother. If you thought it was average, you'll think the same about the movie.
KinetaDec 2, 2012 12:16 PM
Jul 18, 2012 4:16 AM

Nov 2007
This shows many funny parts of them to London, not only they had fun and misunderstanding among English, but also had performance. They also thought of a way to say thank you to Azunyan as a sempai, which was Tenshi ni Kureta yo at the end of TV series (the origin of the song was shown in the movie).

At least they showed a bit of Yui and Ui parents, it seems, at the beginning.

LOVE THE ED clip!! Not only Singing is Movie ED, Fuwa Fuwa Time (Yui ver.) is also aired at the end.
tsubasaloverJul 18, 2012 5:06 AM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Jul 18, 2012 4:11 PM

Jul 2011
This was so awesome. I cried and I could watch it over and over again.

9/10 and the Singing! animated video at the end was awesome too.

I have no words for this.
Jul 18, 2012 7:45 PM

Feb 2008
I wasn't able to understand everything that happened, but from my experience with the raw version it was absolutely hilarious and really heartwarming too with some of the scenes near the end. After close to two years without any new K-ON animated material, seeing Azusa and the rest once again made me happy beyond belief. The scene where Azusa misinterprets Yui's actions as potential yuri rape made me lol, the Engrish being spoken by the girls was adorable, and I could almost feel my eyes getting wet again when it transitioned back into their school graduation at the end.

Honestly, I wasn't sure what kind of quality to expect but it's even better than the TV anime in a lot of ways. It's not quite as emotional, sadly, but it comes damn close.

Going to enjoy watching it again when the subtitles are out.
Jul 18, 2012 9:34 PM
Jul 2008
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH AMAZING.
Damn, I love k-on way more than I thought I did.
I don't know if it's because I hadn't seen k-on in a while, but I enjopyed this SO much.
So sad it has to end here. But who knows? It's such a big franchise, we might actually get college k-on some time in the future. I'm not sure if I want to since you know, it might be overdoing it... but who knows.
Jul 19, 2012 4:50 AM

Jan 2009
question to K-On fans, can i watch this movie without watching the TV series first? is it a standalone movie?
Jul 19, 2012 5:28 AM
Jul 2018
Good movie overall, I lol'd at how they speak english to sushi shop owner. but WTF Azucat, dont add canon yuri to K-ON please!

j0x said:
question to K-On fans, can i watch this movie without watching the TV series first? is it a standalone movie?

Well hard to say, I mean its slice of life, the plot can be summarized in 3 sentences, you can still understand pretty much everything of the movie without the 2 seasons but there are some background information you might wanna know. So I'll recommend you to watch the previous seasons first.
Jul 19, 2012 7:12 AM

Feb 2008
j0x said:

I don't see why you would want to do that. It might be a slightly entertaining movie that way but you're missing out on the relationships between the girls and all the emotional value. Best thing to do is watch the two seasons first.
Jul 19, 2012 8:15 AM

Jan 2009
meh no worries i just wanna see what the hype is all about if i can watch this decently without knowing a lot of details from the tv series then ill watch it

and yes im gonna download it now since CoalGuys already subbed it btw for those who do not know yet
Jul 19, 2012 8:35 AM

Aug 2011
I find it funny, most of the world had been eagerly awaiting the release of Dark Knight Rises this week while waited eagerly for my K-ON! BD to get here, now I've watched both movies and I think I can honestly say Houkago Tea-Time > Batman. In this KyoAni and K-ON! fanboys completely biased opinion this movie was fucking awesome.
Jul 19, 2012 8:43 AM

Jun 2010
This movie is more than fcking awesome.

I wanna thank CoalGuys for their fast subbing! Oyeah downloading it. Can't wait.

Edit: Well... asdfghjkl. Can't say much. Need moar. WHERES SEASON THREE?!

I love how they did things.
-MgZ_Jul 19, 2012 4:08 PM
Jul 19, 2012 10:26 AM

Aug 2011
I must say, this movie is done fabulously.

Jul 19, 2012 11:40 AM

Apr 2008
Oh wow, Yui and Ui's mom and dad is in it :O :D

Jul 19, 2012 12:07 PM
Nov 2011
I didn't like it as much as the series, but I did appreciate the British voice actors. Also the Engrish was cute as fuck.

egoplantJul 19, 2012 12:10 PM
Jul 19, 2012 12:59 PM

Apr 2008
That was awesome :D
And their song to Azu-nyan was beautiful <3

Jul 19, 2012 1:03 PM
Mar 2010
Great movie. Im kind of hoping for another movie about Azu-nyan's graduation and where their band will go in the future. There just is not enough closure for me at the end of this. 9/10
Jul 19, 2012 1:23 PM

May 2009
I am friggin' impressed. I didn't think they could outdo the show, but they did. Maybe it was just me getting excited, but I couldn't stop laughing for the majority of the movie and the time just flew by.

The movie went off to a great start, with the girls covering Death Devil. They should do that more often. it looked weird, but sounded awesome.

I loved how we got to see the entire creative process behind Tenshi ni Fureta yo and hearing it again got me just as choked up as when I first heard it. That song packs a powerful punch.

Also, the whole ED presented as a music video (complete with BBC logo) was pure genius.

If I have to name one minor thing that I didn't like, it's that the ending was a bit abrupt, but other than that, it was simply fantastic!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 19, 2012 1:23 PM

Aug 2011
Love all the members of After School Tea Time! I enjoyed every second of the movie. I hope there will some extra shows about Azu-nyan's future. I also hope they will eventually get together again even to simply hang out. <3

"The world cannot be changed with pretty words alone." ~ Lelouch Lamperouge (Code Geass)
Jul 19, 2012 1:39 PM
Oct 2010
omg. attack of the MOE <3
lol i was just like yui on the plane
ritsu with them shorts :3
wow legit brit voices.

fantastic movie :') beautiful song
Dont bother replying to my posts in forums, dont check them afterwards.

Jul 19, 2012 1:40 PM

Jul 2010
FK THAT WAS SO GOOD.I cried manly-moe tears at end.
Gags were so funny, and songs too...AND AND AZU-CAT AND EVERYRYTHING, MY LIFE IS COMPLETE NAO.

Singing ♥
Jul 19, 2012 1:50 PM

Sep 2009
Definitely better than S2 but still boring sometimes. The best parts were beginning and ending.
Jul 19, 2012 2:03 PM

Jul 2012
Such an nice movie.
The ending is very nice i really enjoyed every second of the movie.
Jul 19, 2012 2:53 PM

Mar 2012
Did not expect actual English accents to be used in this movie but it was pretty good. Overall, the movie was very enjoyable and also really funny. I really liked when Azusa misunderstood Yuri... I mean Yui. I only wished we could have seen a bit of their lives post-graduation with the seniors in college and Azusa starting her senior year. However, if this movie is the last of K-On, then I'm more or less satisfied.
Jul 19, 2012 3:16 PM

Aug 2009
Once again, i cry watching K-On! and so proud of it. <3
2nd movie or more seasons now? :D
Jul 19, 2012 4:01 PM

Dec 2008
....All dem feels at the end. Rinne no Lagrange level of feels. This is why I love K-ON.
Jul 19, 2012 4:10 PM

Aug 2010
Didn't cry had tears in mah eyes though at the end.
I will never get enough of Sawa-chan.
"Chicken or beef?"
"Excellent" lol
Jul 19, 2012 4:11 PM

Jul 2007
Loved it. Only think i didn't like was Sawa-chans appearance in London. It was completely unrealistic but meh it's anime shit like that happen. 9/10 great movie. I wanna see more K-on :3
Jul 19, 2012 4:16 PM

Oct 2011
This was good :D very good
it had all nice things from series, but somehow managed not to bring those less pleasant
and it felt nostalgic for some reason - with those goodbyes and leaving school, well done indeed
poor Azu-cat

accents... they didn't feel right. They fitted the place but I was expecting some Engrish - so nice surprise in the end

ok time to rewatch series again XD
Jul 19, 2012 4:25 PM

May 2009
What a joy to watch. These girls are so much fun.

The visuals were very impressive both art and animation-wise, as expected of KyoAni with a movie budget.
Jul 19, 2012 4:26 PM

Apr 2009
Finished rewatching it in HD with subs. I won't say anything new about the movie itself, as it turns out I was able to understand almost everything from the raw anyway, so not much new for me. But... I saw in HD how much KyoAni failed at musical performance scenes :D

(spoiler due to lots of images)

Sorry about all that nitpicking, but myself being a wannabe musician, I'm kind of sensible to such things :D

But really, for a series which has music as one of the main themes, K-On! fails miserably at animating musical performances.

Actually, the only anime I've seen musical performances done right in, are Haruhi and Apollon...
BalibuliJul 19, 2012 4:30 PM
Jul 19, 2012 4:37 PM

Aug 2010
kFYatek said:
Finished rewatching it in HD with subs. I won't say anything new about the movie itself, as it turns out I was able to understand almost everything from the raw anyway, so not much new for me. But... I saw in HD how much KyoAni failed at musical performance scenes :D

Sorry about all that nitpicking, but myself being a wannabe musician, I'm kind of sensible to such things :D

But really, for a series which has music as one of the main themes, K-On! fails miserably at animating musical performances.

Actually, the only anime I've seen musical performances done right in, are Haruhi and Apollon...

I agree many fails! XD

BUT...

Live in London sushi for Mistake...
Another Live in London and Sawa-chan?! WOW

And how the song for Azusa is made!!

Amazing moe!!!!

4,7/5
9/10
Jul 19, 2012 5:00 PM

Sep 2010
This movie is great. It's fun to have them back, still loving their music and the new songs are nice too. It's worth the wait. :D
Jul 19, 2012 6:15 PM

Jan 2012
that was a fun movie to watch, i was excited at the beginning because i thought they were finally gonna play a good song!

Now my question is: i watched the CoalGuys release (awesome job btw) and i heard that there was like a special edition with 40 extra minutes of video. Did their release include it?
Jul 19, 2012 8:12 PM

Jan 2010
Season 3! Season 3! Season 3!
"My tables-meet it is I set it down
That one may smile, and smile, and be a villain."
Jul 19, 2012 8:13 PM

Feb 2012
This was just perfect. Loved every minute of it.

I laughed, cried, smiled, and loved it. Towards the end of the movie I got teary eyed since I didn't want it to end. I love these girls and the series!

10/10 for me. Then again, I rated the two seasons a 10 as well so I had no doubt this movie would be just as great.

Culevra said:
that was a fun movie to watch, i was excited at the beginning because i thought they were finally gonna play a good song!

Now my question is: i watched the CoalGuys release (awesome job btw) and i heard that there was like a special edition with 40 extra minutes of video. Did their release include it?
If there really is a special edition with 40 extra minutes, CoalGuy's release wasn't it. That would make the movie 2 hours and 30 minutes but their release was only 1 hour 50m.

I'd love to see the extra though! Hopefully someone subs it.
Jul 19, 2012 8:27 PM

Oct 2011
Azu-cat <3
Jul 19, 2012 8:28 PM

Jul 2009
Ah, it was great indeed.
It was funny, cute, and very fun to watch.
I'm glad I picked up this show back then. It definitely evolved into something very enjoyable to watch.

9/10
Jul 19, 2012 8:50 PM

Apr 2011
Awesome movie!! Definitely need a third season! :D
Jul 19, 2012 8:52 PM

Jul 2009
Njs_Fluffy said:

please no. 3rd season would be horrid D=
If your going to complain that Yu-Gi-Oh! Mangas are on the top NY times manga best sellers, you must not realize how popular Card games are(as well as the fact that you get a free card).
Jul 19, 2012 8:55 PM

Jan 2008
Well, that was fucking worth every second of the 7 month wait.

I teared up during multiple scenes.
Jul 19, 2012 9:15 PM

Oct 2011
Njs_Fluffy said:

Not enough manga material for 3rd season... maybe for an OVA series though.
Jul 19, 2012 10:22 PM

Nov 2011
i like the ending song

Jul 19, 2012 10:34 PM

Feb 2012
Kefkiroth said:
Njs_Fluffy said:

Not enough manga material for 3rd season... maybe for an OVA series though.
Wasn't half of the second season of K-ON just filler? I mean, just like this movie I'm sure they could make it great. It's not like K-ON is a complicated series. KyoAni has shown they could still do a great job on their own without the source material.
Jul 19, 2012 11:41 PM

Jul 2007
kFYatek said:

Well man... Yeah that's maximum nitpicking.

1) about Mugis organ... I have NO idea what you are talking about. That being said I'm not saying you are wrong but that the 97% of people that watched this movie wont get it either. As far as "her hands being too small" thing i can tell you that my little niece is playing the piano and shes 5 years old. Compare her finger size with the piano buttons and yet she can play fine. So i don't think that's a problem.

2) I think it's an angle thing if you know what i mean. I dunno if it's on purpose or just fail :/ About the guitar chords i have no idea what you are talking about :/

3) About the mics. If you look on closely you will see that the mics cables are all going to the holes formed by 4 desks. That being said it gives the impression that they are plugged in a device under the desks? I dunno how mics work i have nothing to do with music sorry :/

4) Well about Yui and the mic you are right. They could have lowered her voice a bit or something. But still i consider it something trivial and not many people would spot it :/
Jul 20, 2012 12:54 AM
Jun 2011
Panaru said:
Well, that was fucking worth every second of the 7 month wait.

I teared up during multiple scenes.
Hell yeah it was
Jul 20, 2012 2:42 AM

Sep 2010
I'm gonna cry all over again.
This reopened my K-on is over wound.

Fuck, God damn it.
AngelicFecesJul 20, 2012 2:46 AM
Jul 20, 2012 3:11 AM

May 2012
Damn you K-ON..................YOU REALLY KNOW HOW TO PULL AT MY HEARTSTRINGS! I wasn't strong enough to make it through all of that Azusa stuff again yet you put me through it anyway! *sniff, sniff*

Anyway, great movie overall. I really enjoyed it. It would be great to hopefully one day see a 3rd season of K-ON down the road. Only time will tell, we'll see.
"No matter how much of a genius one is, in front of the Uchiha name, they're just ordinary people." - Sasuke Uchiha

Jul 20, 2012 3:18 AM
Luny Tunes

Feb 2012
I say, it was a very great movie. Afterschool Tea Time goodness packed in 1 hour and 50 minutes. I was able to listen to "Tenshi no Fureta yo!" once again in this movie and that song is excellent both in rhythm AND lyrics. :')

The ending song was amazing!

10/10 from me.
Jul 20, 2012 3:24 AM

Oct 2009
I forgot how nice it feels when a movie meets your highest expectations.
Jul 20, 2012 5:00 AM

Dec 2011
Very cute and heartwarming! It met all of my expectations!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Best Girl

Dragevard - Sep 30, 2021

20 by waalex11 »»
Aug 10, 2023 3:14 PM

Poll: » Are there many musicians in the fan base?

Prime1984 - Jun 4, 2023

23 by 10q7ch »»
Jun 9, 2023 10:25 PM

» The Girls of Afternoon Tea Time are English Icons

raabyray - May 13, 2023

3 by kotosugu »»
May 13, 2023 12:57 PM

Poll: » Is this a movie you would watch in the cinema?

Zaqu - Aug 19, 2021

21 by Rinrinka »»
Nov 25, 2022 5:48 AM

» Made a website documenting all the K-ON Movie IRL London Locations

yaahallo - Dec 28, 2021

5 by lvmbrjack »»
Jun 28, 2022 8:30 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.