Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 16, 2012 7:06 PM

Feb 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
The main character is this episode were mosly from Suite Precure & Smile Precure, everyone were just leftover.

It was really nice to see the new Precure Cure Echo, that transform looks so good.

But still it's sucks that this movie is so short. :(

Nothing ventured, nothing gained (Girls und Panzer der Film ) / from Nishizumi Miho

Jul 16, 2012 7:34 PM
Sep 2011
Absolutely the best of the All-Stars movies. It was emotional on all levels, had several really impressive moments and it was almost entirely original. I loved the growth of Ayumi from timid and insecure to confident and compassionate.

I never saw the first DX so I'm not familiar with this Fusion, so it seemed a little weird that it would regress to a childish form and befriend Ayumi. The bond between them was wonderful though. Beautifully written.

The decrease in Heartcatch emphasis bummed me a little, and I'm not fond of the Suite cast, but it was nice that the Smile group (or at least Miyuki) were focused on.

Fusion throwing Cure Peace around in the background while Sunny casually explains things in the foreground cracked me up.

I've had time to process my emotions and one thing still stands out as odd. Earlier in the movie they captured a little piece of Fusion, that blue snake thing. After that we never saw it again.
Jul 16, 2012 10:15 PM

Sep 2008
i actually didnt liked it, it lacked the usual epicness+miracles of the past 3 movies
the first 3 generations didnt even spoke!!!
would have been nice as an ova, but didnt liked this at all, specially since i really hate smile precure, not really hate, but compare them to the firts oines, or the heartcatch ones....no, the quallity is dropping in this franchhise

over all i liked the story, so a 7/10 i guess
Being a fan is like having a penis. Its nice to be proud of it But don't pull it out in public and wave it in other's faces

Kyurem Black. Kyurem White. Together they are Pretty Kyurem.
Jul 19, 2012 2:51 AM
Nov 2009
This one probably has a better story than the other All-Stars movies, it's well paced, likable original characters, and is quite emotional to boot. Then why do I feel so disappointed having finished it?

Obviously it's because the film only focus' it's time on the main cast of Smile Precure and Suite Precure. None of the other Precure really show up until over half way into the film and even then many don't even get speaking parts. You'll be happy to get a line at best.

Now I can understand their decision to reduce the cast size for the film and focus on a handfull of characters instead of being completely overwhelmed. From a writing prospective, this is probably the correct choice. I even like the Suite Precure and love Smile Precure. I have no problem with the concept.

I only wished they would have advertised it as such. If this movie was titled as a Smile x Suite Precure Movie I would be much happier with this picture. Unfortunately it isn't, it's part of the Precure All-Stars line and which is famous for having all the Precure. We're expecting all the Precure. To not deliver will obviously lead to disappointment.

For those of us looking for an epic crossover of Precure, it looks like we'll just have to go back and rewatch the previous All-Stars movies.
Jul 19, 2012 7:04 AM

Oct 2007
I was really enjoying it until I realised the first 3 generations weren't going to get any lines. I was sorely disappointed by that.
Jul 21, 2012 5:12 AM

Dec 2006
Kuromii said:
I was really enjoying it until I realized the first 3 generations weren't going to get any lines. I was sorely disappointed by that.

Still it was enjoyable.

Jul 24, 2012 12:48 AM

Jul 2012
RLinksoul said:

Fusion throwing Cure Peace around in the background while Sunny casually explains things in the foreground cracked me up.

I wonder if anyone has a .gif of this. I have to burst out in real-life laughter when I see this and Akane/Cure Sunny being who she is~ :) (I guess this is why I like Smile's gags. So funny yet friendly~)

Anyway, coming from someone who had "Madoka's Miracle Tear-Drop" on after being absent from the MG-loving scene, I felt like a giddy child all over again (ever since any Pokemon/Digimon movie) when I see this. A bit on the cliche side, but it's expected from my view, but I am very happy when I saw this. It puts me into tears when it reaches at the end. (Again, why the OST pacing is really important!) I felt kind of relatable to Ayumi, it's kind of.. Weird.

If wanting to find a heartwarming movie to watch and don't mind the magical girl stuff (and not worry about little kids around you), then this New Stage movie is not a bad watch for a PreCure newcomer! :)

"Everyone go love Cyan!"
Jul 26, 2012 12:19 AM
Jun 2011
i sew when ayumi was back to normal a white decor was fall on the ground is this mean it possible cure echo will be in smile precure?
Sep 1, 2012 1:23 PM

Sep 2012
loli_slayer said:
Kuromii said:
I was really enjoying it until I realized the first 3 generations weren't going to get any lines. I was sorely disappointed by that.

Still it was enjoyable.

It was indeed enjoyable but... the first generation is by far my favorite. Cure Black was well shown in the opening and yet such a thin apperence .

That said, it was suprising to see that the character with the most exposure was a new to the series, but the movie was way better than the two lasts.
Sep 23, 2012 10:43 AM

Jul 2008
Did anyone notice the cameo of the villains of heartcatch?

I guess they all got better and are friends :)

http://i.imgur.com/2KKYZ.jpg
Nov 12, 2012 12:31 PM

Aug 2010
I finally got around to watching this and while I felt DX3 was slightly better I still enjoyed this one. It sucks that they could only show some of the Precure, but with almost 30 of them it is difficult to give them all relevant lines so you don't even hear them talk. Of course, Cure Peace is by far the best.

GarLogan78 said:
Did anyone notice the cameo of the villains of heartcatch?

I guess they all got better and are friends :)

http://i.imgur.com/2KKYZ.jpg

I noticed that as well.
Dec 13, 2013 10:44 PM

Apr 2010
Sucked that all cures up to gogo was reduced to non speaking supporting roles and mascots from said series were MIA. Oh well, having 17 cures and some odd mascots to voice I understand the need to reduce roles. Wish they make it longer than hour though. At least Tarte got a large role, of course he's the senior mascot now that Coco and Nuts were sidelined. My favorite cures the Fresh team were part of it too, but I got a feeling they're gonna be supporting cures in the next movie.
Aug 10, 2017 7:36 AM

Oct 2011
showing only two groups of precures and focusing only on them was the best thing in this movie we needed a break from the chaos of all precures trying to take equal time it just doesn't work

hope rest of movies can be as good as this one

"When the time is yours,
the future is waiting,
The person you become,
and the people you're creating.
"
Mar 1, 2018 5:50 AM

Apr 2012
It was okay I guess
The action scenes are still great as ever, and I did like that they tried for a better story than "generic bad guy summons villains from older series and takes over the world" thing.
Cure Echo was a dissapointment though, didn't really do anything....
"Fortress Maximus has come himself. Okay! Then I shall get Fortress Maximus to fight me, huh huh huh!"

Sep 16, 2019 12:17 PM
Sep 2015
The emotions are so present in this film!

Easily the best All Stars! The action scenes are amaaaaazing & jaw dropping!

I wish they would reduce the transformation scenes though, they were too long. 9/10
Apr 18, 2022 11:32 AM

Feb 2020
This was a good movie. I like Ayumi's character a lot.

However, I was a little disappointed, because Cure Echo didn't fight at all. Also, I didn't want Fu-chan to disappear. :<

SerafosAug 29, 2023 1:05 AM
Jul 16, 2022 11:44 PM
Feb 2022
Zero_r2 said:
i actually didnt liked it, it lacked the usual epicness+miracles of the past 3 movies
the first 3 generations didnt even spoke!!!
would have been nice as an ova, but didnt liked this at all, specially since i really hate smile precure, not really hate, but compare them to the firts oines, or the heartcatch ones....no, the quallity is dropping in this franchhise

over all i liked the story, so a 7/10 i guess

I say that All Star New Stage is like a new trilogy, as All Star DX had been, so I think this movie was the building of something bigger. I just can't believe Cure Echo appeared only to those tiny scenes
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.