Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jul 16, 2012 3:36 PM

Jul 2009
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Well, this was just about exactly the same as the show, but it was great, nevertheless.
11/10

Ever since I saw the first episode of Mahou Shoujo Lyrical Nanoha I loved the art of this show and the movie doesn't let one down. Great animation!

Plot was also great. An entire season summarized in a movie the length of about 5 episodes and it felt like I had just rewatched the entire show (without feeling rushed).
Mar 21, 2013 3:41 AM

Aug 2010
Just watched the Movie. It was masterfully executed. The shift from TV series to HD Movie with cream of the crop effects did the show much good. Was on teh edge of the seat all the time.

Also, I was gently sobbing into my Nanoha Dakimakura during certain scenes.

And I loved how they included Rein Zwei (it took me until the end of the movie to realize it's actually her talking in the beginning XD)

Btw, I presume I saw the on-disc subs, so there were some inconsistencies, but it was alright.

My only gripe: The music during nanoha's and fate's transformation wasn't as good as the one we had before.
I want Rambo in a mecha-suit with a laser-chainsaw gun that fires nuclear warheads, fighting the love-child of Predator, Alien, a group of Bangladeshi terrorists, and Satan. (Actually that would be a pretty sick show) - StopDropAndBowl
Mar 21, 2013 5:15 AM

May 2011
Damn, the movie was great! But the only thing that bugs me it's Nanoha and Fate transformation which kinda long in my view.

Other than that, I clearly satisfied.

P.S can't get enough of Nanoha vs Reinforce battle. :3
Mar 21, 2013 7:55 AM

Jan 2012
Well, you're not the last one either (:. How is the HS release? I don't have a clue where they got it from, so not sure whether to watch that or the ANK-Raw.

Downloading first movie currently anyway, want to rewatch it beforehand. Nearly 5 hours of Nanoha, this will be a joy.
Mar 21, 2013 8:05 AM

Aug 2010
bNq said:
Well, you're not the last one either (:. How is the HS release? I don't have a clue where they got it from, so not sure whether to watch that or the ANK-Raw.

Downloading first movie currently anyway, want to rewatch it beforehand. Nearly 5 hours of Nanoha, this will be a joy.

I heard the BluRay is already presubbed, so I guess those are the subs for the HS release (since they seldom sub shows themself - no offence, they still provide a service and I've read waaaaaaaay worse subs than original or CR ones^^)
I want Rambo in a mecha-suit with a laser-chainsaw gun that fires nuclear warheads, fighting the love-child of Predator, Alien, a group of Bangladeshi terrorists, and Satan. (Actually that would be a pretty sick show) - StopDropAndBowl
Mar 21, 2013 9:14 AM

Oct 2011
Hmm, where to begin...

I think the original series was better in pretty much every aspect, but that isn't to say the movie was bad, I enjoyed it, just not as much as the first one. It's a pity they totally changed the story, removing that guy from the TSAB who planned the whole incident, but it still flowed well enough. Hayate's transformation (I was really looking forward to it) was a bit lackluster too.

Still, the final fight was epic, and I just had a huge smile on my face when seeing the new versions of Sturmfalken (not enough flames though), Eternal Coffin, or Mystletainn (c'mon Horriblesubs, it's not *that* hard to check the spelling on well-known mythological terms, is it?). Snow Rain sounded perfect as well.

Oh, and I don't remember the TV series that well, so... was Durandal already Chrono's father's device back then? I remember it was sealed or something...

PS: can't wait for a Movie 3rd: StrikerS, if only to see Hraesvelgr (Hayate's tactical nuke barrage spell) again. :)
Mar 21, 2013 9:27 AM

Jun 2009
HAYATE!!!!

KANSAI DIALECT! FUCK YEAH!

This movie is just win... Wow...
After the first movie, I thought the second movie is ganna follow the same pattern, where the tv-series wins out in overall story telling quality... BUT DAMN!

This movie blows the original tv-series completely out of the horizon, and A's was my favorite series. Leaving the fight scenes aside, the characters are portrayed much, much better in the movie.

Another thing I NEED to note... Ueda Kana's performance as Hayate completely stole the show! Leaving the added Kansai Dialect aside, I can really feel each and every word she spoke... My god, my ears were pleased as hell! I don't think I ever enjoyed a voice acting performance this much in my life!

All the good part of A's, they made it better
All the stale part of A's, removed.
I really liked the change of story too, it fits the 2.5 hour timeframe really, really well.

Easily the best Nanoha to date, no fucking contest.

8/10

EDIT: To tell the truth, after the stale-ish first movie, I didn't believe that A's movie would be good. I had very little hopes for it... It blew my expectations out of the water... Heck, if I was as hyped for this movie as I did the first, it'll still break it by quite a margin.
AirStylesMar 21, 2013 9:46 AM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 21, 2013 10:04 AM

Nov 2007
crevette said:
Hmm, where to begin...

I think the original series was better in pretty much every aspect, but that isn't to say the movie was bad, I enjoyed it, just not as much as the first one.

This is basically it. This is not a bad movie in any way or form, hell if someone new to the series decided the just skip the TV series and just watch the movies this is a completely viable option. However unlike the first movie which pretty much took what was good of S1 and removed the bad (which were many things), some of the changes of this one were imo a bit inferior to the TV version (this is only because the TV version was just so well made already).
The changes that made me sad were how Nanoha got her core drained, she just went down too easily in the movie. I loved how they had to interrupt her Starlight Breaker in the TV version much more. The other change was the omission of Reinforce using Starlight Breaker as well, I really wish they had included that.

Oh well overall this was a good 8/10 (the same score I gave the TV series)
Mar 21, 2013 12:41 PM

Feb 2008
very nice. they changed a few things, but it did not effect the overall progression of the story. the fights were pretty awesome too.
Mar 21, 2013 12:54 PM

Feb 2008
Wow this was surprising good, better than previous movie.
They did a good job animation this movie.

Nana Mizuki <3 It was a while I actually hear her awesome songs.

Fate x Nanoha :)

Overall score: 10/10

I don't want 3rd movie. I want a new animation of Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha ViVid & Mahou Senki Lyrical Nanoha Force

Nothing ventured, nothing gained (Girls und Panzer der Film ) / from Nishizumi Miho

Mar 21, 2013 3:22 PM

Sep 2012
Epic win.

And I also want a freaking Nanoha Force animated.
Mar 21, 2013 4:17 PM
Apr 2009
What are the differences compared to the serie?
Mar 21, 2013 4:27 PM

Apr 2007
It's hard to really go into detail. It's largely a remake, yet most of the scenes have been reinvented so much that it feels like new material.

And of course, there are some completely new scenes as well.
Mar 21, 2013 5:08 PM

Sep 2011
SilentTruth said:
Damn, the movie was great! But the only thing that bugs me it's Nanoha and Fate transformation which kinda long in my view.

I'd have to agree with you there. Nanoha on her own took quite a while and if it had just been her it would have been ok, but then suddenly it jaringly went to fate's transformation. I wonder if they could have animated them transforming together precure style.

Apart from that I thought the movie was really good although perhaps the end dragged out a little.
Mar 21, 2013 5:11 PM

Sep 2011
Blackbird said:
I don't want 3rd movie. I want a new animation of Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha ViVid & Mahou Senki Lyrical Nanoha Force

For them to do a Vivid movie they are going to have to do a StrikerS movie. TBH I thought StrikerS was pretty weak compared to the other 2 seasons. Vivid might work as a series although the manga so far is almost like a Nanoha version of Saki. I'm not sure if it changes later.
Mar 21, 2013 5:45 PM

Jul 2007
Amazing movie. I can't really compare it with the series since it's been so many years since i watched it that i can't remember. As a stand alone though it was marvelous. Nice pace, awesome animation and it didn't felt like they left anything important behind. The transformation scenes were also extremely well made. 3rd movie when??? ;_;
Mar 21, 2013 5:58 PM

Apr 2007
scruffykiwi said:
SilentTruth said:

I'd have to agree with you there. Nanoha on her own took quite a while and if it had just been her it would have been ok, but then suddenly it jaringly went to fate's transformation. I wonder if they could have animated them transforming together precure style.

Apart from that I thought the movie was really good although perhaps the end dragged out a little.

I don't think that would make much sense though. They both got device upgrades. It would be more jarring for Nanoha to have a long henshin, and then Fate not have one at all.
Mar 21, 2013 6:52 PM

May 2010
Worth it just for the transformation sequences.
Mar 21, 2013 7:01 PM
Aug 2006
Does anyone know who does the voice for Alicia? It really doesn't sound like Nana Mizuki. If it really is her, then that's pretty amazing since it sounds totally different from the voice of Fate.
Mar 21, 2013 7:03 PM

Apr 2007
Gyad said:
Does anyone know who does the voice for Alicia? It really doesn't sound like Nana Mizuki. If it really is her, then that's pretty amazing since it sounds totally different from the voice of Fate.

Nana voices both Fate and Alicia. :)
Mar 21, 2013 7:39 PM

Sep 2011
Killuan said:
scruffykiwi said:

I don't think that would make much sense though. They both got device upgrades. It would be more jarring for Nanoha to have a long henshin, and then Fate not have one at all.

Yeah they definitely had to have both transformation sequences, and they were both pretty amazing, but they were pretty long and took alot of tension out of the scene. Perhaps they could have alternated between both of them transforming.

Also, I must admit that Fate and Nanoha's reunion at the start was hugely cute, along with the hand holding later on. The dynamic between Fate and Nanoha was perfect IMHO.
Mar 21, 2013 7:53 PM

May 2011
scruffykiwi said:
Killuan said:
scruffykiwi said:

Yeah they definitely had to have both transformation sequences, and they were both pretty amazing, but they were pretty long and took alot of tension out of the scene. Perhaps they could have alternated between both of them transforming.

Also, I must admit that Fate and Nanoha's reunion at the start was hugely cute, along with the hand holding later on. The dynamic between Fate and Nanoha was perfect IMHO.

I second that. Their reunion was cute, hands down! :3
Mar 22, 2013 1:08 AM

Oct 2011
it was awesome - not as great as second season but they kept good parts (interactions between Hayate and knights) dropped bad ones (that conspiracy thingy). And added a lot of cute stuff from how Nanoha and Fate were reunited, to mini-Arf and of course Vita.

I did liked focus on Hayate, she really felt like main character with rest of them just as support, which was a good thing.

Plus of course lesbians - they finally stoped to pretend that this series ISN'T about cute lesbians with firepower big enough to blow up the eart.

Fights were awesome with exeption of final one, those CGI :/

9/10
Mar 22, 2013 1:00 PM

Sep 2008
I loved this one! It's ceartainly better than the first movie, but not for much. One of the greatest point about it was that it was able to maintain a consistent story by itself, which is generally hard to do in movies adaptations. Another was the focus they gave to Hayate and Reinforce. Showing the latter since the beggining was essential to the emotional side of the story.

I don't dare to compare the movie with the original season of the series. Each one was made almost perfectly within their own context.

And one more thing: I believe that, if they continue making movies, they won't jump to StrikerS. If we pay attention to MGLN's timeline, we'll see that the time in which Rein is "telling" the Book of Darkness's case - two years after it - is aproximately the same from Nanoha's accident. I don't know how they could make a movie out of the accident, but if they used it to start to make some ground for a possible adaptation of StrikerS, it would be great.

Dalek-baka said:

Plus of course lesbians - they finally stoped to pretend that this series ISN'T about cute lesbians with firepower big enough to blow up the earth.

This is one of the wisest phrases said about the movie. I just hope they keep up with their good job, haha! :PP
Mar 22, 2013 1:43 PM

Sep 2009
I am a yuri-fan but foor some reason I don't like yuri wibes in Nanoha.

Overall really great movie. Nor as good as the series and Movie one but still 10/10 for me
Mar 22, 2013 6:56 PM

Dec 2008
OHMAHGODDDDDDDDDDDDDDOHMAHGODDDDDDDOHMAHGODDDD!!!!!! ;__________________;

Seeing Reinforce dying a second time... I BROUGHT THIS ON MYSELF! I KNEW I WAS GOING TO CRY AND I STILL WATCHED IT! ;__________; First I cried a river during the series and now the movie ;______; Gawd! Well, aside from that. I much preferred the development in the movie on the rooftop scene. The Lieze Twins weren't in it, thank god, since that part imo was pretty pointless and Hayate's misplaced blame was stupid in the TV series.

While it felt a bit rushed with Hayate's hospitalization , it was still incredibly well done. Oh oh! The snake cgi and the end boss cgi made me lol. I was also disappointed that Lindy didn't do much. I had actually thought she'd fight Signum because of the trailer.

Giving this a 9/10. It's strange. I'm not sure why I can't bring myself to give it a 10. Oh well.

P.S : "Raising heart is giving me power to save the girls in tears!" Nanoha. You know how to sway the hearts of young maidens everywhere. On a srs note though, she's so mature for a 9 year old.
sarroushMar 22, 2013 6:59 PM
Mar 22, 2013 7:27 PM

Jul 2012
Am I the only one that teared up during Fate and Alicia's departure?

Spent so much of my time watching this, and I don't regret it one bit. 9/10, lovely movie.
Mar 22, 2013 7:43 PM

Dec 2008
ihateeveryone said:

Nope. Tears were shed then as well ;____; All dem feels.
Mar 22, 2013 7:44 PM

Oct 2012
Verdale said:
ckx said:
Here's to hoping for StrikerS movies.

If not plural, I'm not sure how well it will work out condensing that entire season into a single 2-hour film. I'd almost rather see a re-make of the series instead of a film, just because I feel too much would be cut out trying to meet time restrictions.

true... a remake.. and at this time too, which would be obviously of a higher quality... just hope that if they did, they won't blew it.

"Duty... There is nothing more precious than that feeling, which makes us think of our friends before ourselves."
Mar 22, 2013 8:09 PM

Apr 2007
ihateeveryone said:

Far from it. My favorite scene from the movie. Tears were almost dripping from my eyes and I rarely ever tear up.

KilluanMar 24, 2013 6:06 AM
Mar 23, 2013 12:20 PM

Apr 2011
Horriblesubs did a great job subbing this : )

The movie was great, but I found it a bit strange how Nanoha had her linker core taken so easily. Nothing prevented it! She completely had it absorbed but still survived, the same goes for Fate. I guess we didn't get to see her shoot Starlight Breaker with Shamal's hand through her.
Mar 23, 2013 3:59 PM

Sep 2008
I think they just used the english subtitles which came in the DVD/BD, because nobody uses Alph to refer to Arf or Eimy to refer to Amy, for example, in the western fandom of the series. Besides, they uploaded it way too fast.
Mar 23, 2013 8:12 PM

Apr 2009
Yuuh said:
And one more thing: I believe that, if they continue making movies, they won't jump to StrikerS. If we pay attention to MGLN's timeline, we'll see that the time in which Rein is "telling" the Book of Darkness's case - two years after it - is aproximately the same from Nanoha's accident. I don't know how they could make a movie out of the accident, but if they used it to start to make some ground for a possible adaptation of StrikerS, it would be great.
here's to hoping that you're right.. i would much rather see this.. because that would actually open up a necessary plot point in the story of the franchise.. and for once, if that is the Movie 3rd, then we'll finally have a "Nanoha's movie" because movie 1st is Fate's and movie 2nd is Hayate's.. having an entire movie with Nanoha as the focus would do more for the writing of Nanoha's character.. plus the characters would be at that age where they're perfect, hehehe..

anyway, movie is awesome.. i like the way that i actually watched a different thing because i just rewatched A's some time ago..
9/10
argiliumMar 23, 2013 9:27 PM
Mar 23, 2013 9:05 PM
Observer

Nov 2007
I like the fact they changed some stuffs so old fans don't feel bored watching this.
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Mar 24, 2013 1:54 PM
Sep 2007
Great movie, part where Hayate transforms is my favorite - including music.
Mar 24, 2013 5:51 PM

Jul 2008
What the fuck did I watch, how can that amount of fabulous-ness be compressed in a mere 2h30?

wakka9ca said:
I like the fact they changed some stuffs so old fans don't feel bored watching this.

Not to say I think that those change are even better than the original but that might because I watched the A's season like 5 times.
Thing felt more coherent here, some little piece of information in the movie made thing have more sense than in the original serie.
Mar 24, 2013 5:55 PM

Feb 2010
Scheherazade1007 said:
What the fuck did I watch, how can that amount of fabulous-ness be compressed in a mere 2h30?

wakka9ca said:

Not to say I think that those change are even better than the original but that might because I watched the A's season like 5 times.
Thing felt more coherent here, some little piece of information in the movie made thing have more sense than in the original serie.

agreed some of the things did not add anything to the overall plot in the old A's example (cat twins)
"among monsters and humans, there are only two types.
Those who undergo suffering and spread it to others. And those who undergo suffering and avoid giving it to others." -Alice
“Beauty is no quality in things themselves: It exists merely in the mind which contemplates them; and each mind perceives a different beauty.” David Hume
“Evil is created when someone gives up on someone else. It appears when everyone gives up on someone as a lost cause and removes their path to salvation. Once they are cut off from everyone else, they become evil.” -Othinus

Mar 25, 2013 9:35 AM

Aug 2008
Great Movie. I did not expect anything far beyond A's, but this movie duly delivered.

Put the overall plot aside as it was not different from original A's, but the details tweaking made real differences. It was a wise of them taking out the whole conspiracy and fake Nanoha & Fate. And there are many expressions being executed better.

Reinforce's motivation against Nanoha & Fate was a lot clearer that she was concious and not simply let NachtWal went berserk. Things were made more sensible and it let her play an integral role in the greater touching moments.

Next up is how they show Nanoha's skills as the ace marksman. The battling interaction showed it all that Nanoha did have some strategic moves and not just charged ahead like a tank. There were some combination moves between her and Fate to top it off too. One more thing worth mentioning was how reckless Nanoha getting portrayed. Specifically when she used A.C.S. penetration move that seemed to inflict a lot of damage on herself. Her stress was explained here even better than words in StrikerS.

Plot-wise, the only thing that I had issue was that they cut the whole part about Alisa and Suzuka the same way they treated Nanoha's family in the 1st movie, but nothing major.

Animation did not even need me to start. Everything was fabulous. But I was a bit turned off by the soundtracks. I don't know the details, but Sano Hiroaki did not come back to his duty composing for this movie and let a rookie take the role. It was so different from previous Nanoha titles and will take me some time to adapt.

I had a blast anyway. Amazing feat from whoever involved.

9.1/10 - Best Nanoha title ever.
Mar 25, 2013 10:11 AM

Jul 2008
KaitoDash said:
Great Movie. I did not expect anything far beyond A's, but this movie duly delivered.

Put the overall plot aside as it was not different from original A's, but the details tweaking made real differences. It was a wise of them taking out the whole conspiracy and fake Nanoha & Fate. And there are many expressions being executed better.

Reinforce's motivation against Nanoha & Fate was a lot clearer that she was concious and not simply let NachtWal went berserk. Things were made more sensible and it let her play an integral role in the greater touching moments.

Next up is how they show Nanoha's skills as the ace marksman. The battling interaction showed it all that Nanoha did have some strategic moves and not just charged ahead like a tank. There were some combination moves between her and Fate to top it off too. One more thing worth mentioning was how reckless Nanoha getting portrayed. Specifically when she used A.C.S. penetration move that seemed to inflict a lot of damage on herself. Her stress was explained here even better than words in StrikerS.

Plot-wise, the only thing that I had issue was that they cut the whole part about Alisa and Suzuka the same way they treated Nanoha's family in the 1st movie, but nothing major.

Animation did not even need me to start. Everything was fabulous. But I was a bit turned off by the soundtracks. I don't know the details, but Sano Hiroaki did not come back to his duty composing for this movie and let a rookie take the role. It was so different from previous Nanoha titles and will take me some time to adapt.

I had a blast anyway. Amazing feat from whoever involved.

9.1/10 - Best Nanoha title ever.

This pretty sum out my whole thought except the part about the soundtrack.
I found it pretty good imo.
Mar 25, 2013 11:03 AM

May 2011
just finished it, was breathtaking, the animation is superb, gonna be long till next movie T.T

Mar 26, 2013 10:38 AM

Sep 2009
Goddamnit. I thought I would be immune to the tear jerker -scenes already after seeing them to many times in the series but I still had to pause the movie several times to wipe my eyes. Couldn't literally see anything beyond my own tears while Reinforce was vanishing.
Mar 26, 2013 2:07 PM

Sep 2009
I feel as if there were some pacing issues, could be just me though.
Mar 27, 2013 7:30 PM

Jul 2009
mannnnnnn
dont even know why it's good. but my heart went doki doki.
9/10
good job director-san

but...
expected DIVINE BUSTAAHHHH, but only got SHOOOOOOTTOH
dafaq nanoha
KurogashiMar 27, 2013 7:42 PM
Mar 29, 2013 4:03 AM
Jul 2010
I'm not even sure if I preferred this or the series. I liked it that they pretty much solidified the plot quite a bit, even going out of their way to explain why Arf is in chibi form in StrikerS. I think removing the conspiracy thing with the copycats and all was quite a smart move too, since it it gave them time for more important stuff. However... I don't even know why, because I really like the animation in this but... I was totally sick of beams and more beams by the 1h30min mark. Fate's dream, though, I think I liked better than in the series (think - since I've watched it ages ago), and was very welcome, considering how I was getting sick of all the action.

Well, it was quite an enjoyable remakes, though, and some of the little tweaks really added to it. Specially this:
KaitoDash said:

8/10
Mar 29, 2013 7:11 AM

Apr 2007
Dusk252 said:
I'm not even sure if I preferred this or the series. I liked it that they pretty much solidified the plot quite a bit, even going out of their way to explain why Arf is in chibi form in StrikerS. I think removing the conspiracy thing with the copycats and all was quite a smart move too, since it it gave them time for more important stuff. However... I don't even know why, because I really like the animation in this but... I was totally sick of beams and more beams by the 1h30min mark. Fate's dream, though, I think I liked better than in the series (think - since I've watched it ages ago), and was very welcome, considering how I was getting sick of all the action.

8/10

While I enjoyed the action, I do feel that the more emotional scenes or just the fluff dispersed around the movie did make for a nice reprieve from the action. Like the one you mentioned, for instance.
Mar 30, 2013 8:51 AM

May 2009
I've just watched it the 2nd times with the intention to be more objective about it.

It was done well to compress the TV series into a 2 and a half hours movie, but I still love the TV series better as it had more plots, twist and turns, as well as character portraits.

The movie, due to the time constraint, has changed the story a bit and left out some characters and characters' development so that it was able to fit in and told the central story. In this case, a few scenes had no reasons to be shown since nothing had happened before, and a couple of characters needed a little more development.

Also, the timing/editing of a couple of scenes can be improved so that the viewers wouldn't wonder why the delay.

---
I've watched it the 3rd time with Doki Sub version and found that translation and screen quality do affect some viewing experience. Doki did a good job.
animan7Apr 11, 2013 9:07 AM
Mar 30, 2013 11:44 PM

Nov 2011
Fate-chan in school uniform. <333

Poor Nanoha though being ambushed like that. Ouch. Well, I did enjoy that aerial fight quite a bit. And my second favorite character from the series shows herself:

I do find the improvement of their skills..uh for Fate and Nanoha to develop far too fast but oh well. The fight performed was excellent and I enjoyed the hell out of it.

So they cut out the part of the mystical men attacking the knights huh? Well, whatever. I never liked that part anyways. The action was pretty good along with the overall OST of the movie.

8/10
Mar 31, 2013 10:31 PM

Jul 2011
Kinda wish they kept the part where they introduce their self and their device before smashing the barriers during the last fight. That was easily one of the most epic moment in A's for me.
Apr 3, 2013 3:54 AM

Jul 2009
It was awesome! Very superior to the anime! The music, animation, everything!
Fate and Alicia moment was super cute, I totally love how cute it all was, loved the interaction between Nanoha and Fate, they are super cute! Signum x Fate fight was my fave one. Looking forward to the next movie, hope it's something after A's and before StrikerS (Didn't like this one much, lot of new people...). In the future a movie of Vivid would be welcome too! *.*
10/10! <3
Apr 5, 2013 8:43 AM

Apr 2009
"You will understand one day." "If you meet someone you love as deep as the sea and want to protect that person's happiness..."

Every minute was worth it. Loved how the "magic" of reorganizing the plot actually worked to improve it here. It rarely happens when things get cut and changed, but I'd say it worked here. Of course, the improved animation is also worthy of mention, and the music was great - the ED, BRIGHT STREAM has earned a place in my playlist. Seeing all the A's characters again after all this time was quite a satisfying walk through memory lane.

This was A's, my favorite series of the Nanoha franchise - polished to near perfection.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» Hayate's dialect?

Alpha-Methyl - Jan 22, 2018

2 by Alpha-Methyl »»
Feb 4, 2018 2:35 AM

» Second Movie Commentary

EmilyEvelan - Jun 12, 2015

0 by EmilyEvelan »»
Jun 12, 2015 8:59 AM

» Questions about this and the 1st movie.

MoonXArtemis - Mar 21, 2013

4 by Xerain »»
Mar 26, 2013 6:34 PM

» ???

Aklyon - Jan 1, 2012

2 by Yuuh »»
Dec 9, 2012 6:08 AM

» Preview #2

Stark700 - Jun 23, 2012

0 by Stark700 »»
Jun 23, 2012 10:50 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.