Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 7, 2008 3:40 PM

Oct 2007
Great ending to a great show. Every character in this show was amazing and nobody really held the cast down.

Certainly a top 5 show of 2008.
Nov 9, 2008 11:30 PM

Oct 2007
Had it's weaker episodes and had it's better episodes, but overall 7/10.

"I'd rather die on my feet than live on my knees." By Emiliano Zapata
Nov 12, 2008 10:45 PM

Apr 2007
ooh pretty nice end, with Gekka blushing in space so WIN and Kyouka in stripping pole dance mode, aha~ 9/10 seriously lookin forward to some more. They cant just leave it like that T_T
Nov 16, 2008 12:17 PM

Jul 2007
gekka blushing was EPIC. it was a good end, though i can't help but think that oasis and gouyoukou might be spending a LOT of time together and we all know where that might lead to(although oasis technically is part of gekka too, she is still NOT gekka)

in any case, it was a pretty good serious yet still funny end for a great series. there were still some 'loose' ends but that might be forgiven(million/chika's oneechan being the mastermind to all that, who the real child is etc)
Nov 21, 2008 7:56 AM

Dec 2007
I really liked that we didn't get to know who was the child. It never was any real major part and if we really got to know then that character would suddenly get more important in a way. I don't think it would work. Everyone trying to take the blame was a good solution.
Jarmel said:
Dec 17, 2008 6:31 AM

Jul 2008
gekka <3, in the end nobody really knows who is the child of enka, but still i love this serie. random, crazy and unique. a different storyline i never saw before, with the theme family. really entertained me. 9/10

Dec 29, 2008 8:47 PM

Dec 2008
Had its slower parts in the beginning, but overall 9/10 for the phenomenal ending and well, the overall amusement/entertainment. :D

There is nothing in this world more ugly than imperfection
Jan 10, 2009 12:49 AM

Feb 2008
LOL! That was just cute in Gekka's moments. LOL! MOE! XD

It's so sad that it ended na... XD
Jan 24, 2009 10:26 PM
Aug 2008
Jarmel said:

Its ups and downs reminded me a bit of the old Galaxy Angel series -- multiple characters, wacky comedy, fast pace.
Jun 20, 2009 5:17 PM

Oct 2008
Well, it's obvious that Ouka is the Child of Enka... Obvious fact i obvious.
There are some hints to it, the most important was flashback at the beginning of last Ep.
Apr 23, 2010 11:14 AM

Oct 2008
It didn't really make sense why Kyouka went back to the underground empire. They had survived for something like 20 years without her, during which she commits to the family and then at the end after strengthening her bonds with her family, she just suddenly decides to sneak back there for no reason at all.

Then at the very end she sends the mini kyoukas back to her family to be her proxy, but why couldnt she have just done that with the underground empire?

Other than that, it was a good ending.

I also thought the show seemed to be strongly hinting at ouka being the child of Enka from the hints about his past and how he doesn't remember anything from his childhood. Not to mention that he was probably the darkest person there openly stating in the start that he didn't know how to love anyone and hanging around grim reapers.
Jul 30, 2010 6:18 PM

Mar 2010
Sad to see the end of this anime. I do wish they had a short sequel of some sort, seeing Kyouka leave like that was still a bit upsetting even if she did send her mini-mes to keep everyone company. I so wanted a kiss scene between Ouka and Kyouka or at least a shared I love you, but hey I'm a romantic. x3

I also agree with your last statement, Murbella, didn't think about that till I read what you said, but it does kinda make sense. Very interesting thing to consider if this show ever gets continued.
Aug 17, 2010 12:46 AM

Jul 2010
Good ending. I'm not really sure how I felt about this series as a whole. I thought the main cast was great and really enjoyed the first few episodes but I felt it took a huge nosedive in the middle. I thought there was so much more they could have done with the series. I'm still glad I watched it though. The opening is probably one of my favorites and I love how they had endings for each of the characters.
Jul 9, 2013 8:52 PM

Nov 2011
Gekka confessed! Well, I did expect that somewhat...

Overall, a mediocre series for me, tries way too hard with the humor and story was a bit confusing (if it actually had one). 5/10.
May 26, 2014 7:43 PM

May 2012
It was an okay ending, and well when I first started this anime I expected a lot more from this but all the way through I somewhere just couldn't get connected by the way the anime presents itself to the viewer. The randomness and hilarious moments sure were nice but the lack of proper story development was really bothering me the huge lacking pace also made it very hard to watch.

All in all an average to bad anime for me as I couldn't really enjoy it at all.
Dec 13, 2015 1:39 AM

Sep 2010
Quite good. Standard "it's not the end, read original source instead" ending, but, sadly, no one ever translating it. What makes me wonder: it was not so bad anime, it was quite unique, so why it's like almost forgotten? Nobody ever mentioning it. And it looks like it was never released at least on DVD, not to mention BD. Were the sales in Japan was that bad? If so, what's the reason? It's not like original light novels were not successful (15 Vols. of main story + 9 Vols. of side-stories, doesn't look like failure to me).

There is such thing as shit taste. Only idiots think that every "work of art" should have the same value.

Persona anime are good. Deal with it.
Jan 12, 2016 2:39 PM

Apr 2013
Peoples would be very surprised if they heard that this anime actually left out ALL the main plot in the 8 volumes it adapted (only caring for the arc plot).
And would be even more surprised to hear who is Enka's child, and why it's logical too. ^^"

kitsune0 said:
Quite good. Standard "it's not the end, read original source instead" ending, but, sadly, no one ever translating it. What makes me wonder: it was not so bad anime, it was quite unique, so why it's like almost forgotten? Nobody ever mentioning it. And it looks like it was never released at least on DVD, not to mention BD. Were the sales in Japan was that bad? If so, what's the reason? It's not like original light novels were not successful (15 Vols. of main story + 9 Vols. of side-stories, doesn't look like failure to me).

Well the original work is quite old now. I don't know about DVD, but it probably didn't sell that well.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kyouran Kazoku Nikki Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

nseika - Apr 12, 2008

80 by kitsune0 »»
Dec 9, 2015 7:34 AM

Poll: » Kyouran Kazoku Nikki Episode 25 Discussion

De-JaY - Oct 31, 2008

23 by RafaelDeJongh »»
May 26, 2014 7:39 PM

Poll: » Kyouran Kazoku Nikki Episode 24 Discussion

cyruz - Oct 3, 2008

16 by RafaelDeJongh »»
May 26, 2014 7:31 PM

Poll: » Kyouran Kazoku Nikki Episode 23 Discussion

removed-user - Sep 13, 2008

16 by RafaelDeJongh »»
May 26, 2014 7:25 PM

Poll: » Kyouran Kazoku Nikki Episode 22 Discussion

cyruz - Sep 27, 2008

19 by RafaelDeJongh »»
May 26, 2014 7:18 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.