Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 4, 2008 10:54 AM
Apr 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
:O he died! Ah well, no big loss. :P Getting near the end now.

Dec 12, 2008 11:46 AM

Jan 2008
I think maybe if they walk away from the task they die by default since they're not going to cooperate. Anyways that's what I assumed, since the old politician didn't care and tried to leave.

What's-his-face took kinda long to die at the end....his freaking monologue just went on forever.
Dec 27, 2008 12:54 PM
Jun 2008
I never thought when I read this part on the manga that Kishimoto was such a screaming b*tch, my ears hurt... although the screaming kid was pretty obvius (still it adds more suffering to my ears XD)...

The manga is a kick-ass, I hope they throw a new season of Gantz some day ^^
Apr 8, 2009 11:30 PM

Oct 2008
I found the pacing of this episode too slow for my liking. The minutes seemed to drag on while I was watching and waiting for the episode to get on with it.

10 more points. So close, yet so far.
Sep 21, 2009 3:58 PM
Jul 2009
MistressMorbid said:
I think maybe if they walk away from the task they die by default since they're not going to cooperate. Anyways that's what I assumed, since the old politician didn't care and tried to leave.

What's-his-face took kinda long to die at the end....his freaking monologue just went on forever.

Agreed.
Mar 26, 2010 10:29 PM

Feb 2010
Yeah, that's what I think it is, too.
Also, way to lay on the sympathy points for the Nishi punk. Ugh, I was glad he died just so he'd shut up!
It's not breaking in if the door is unlocked.

Apr 6, 2010 6:37 AM

Oct 2008
Aww Nishi died. He was one of the characters that I was able to tolerate.
Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated.~
May 30, 2010 11:00 AM

Nov 2009
Most uneventful death of a main character I've seen.
Earth gets angry after a kick in the face.
Jul 18, 2010 8:54 PM

Mar 2009
Nishi died huh. I thought he'd somehow last.
Aug 8, 2010 10:45 AM
Apr 2010
Now for big tits to die!..dam i hate that useless bag of air
(althought she's some good eyecandy >.<)
Sent with Mal Updater
Aug 12, 2010 9:00 PM

Mar 2010
That Nishi dying scene was way too long. They should really hurry it up! I think that these past 3 episodes could easily have been in 1. Oh well. THat's 11 straight now!
Oct 7, 2010 2:08 PM

Sep 2010
TYSM said:
I found the pacing of this episode too slow for my liking. The minutes seemed to drag on while I was watching and waiting for the episode to get on with it.

10 more points. So close, yet so far.

Ultra slow.... I almost fell asleep watching it.

And where has that "Ring" stalker girl been for the last few episodes? I don't understand her purpose.
GhostrelmOct 7, 2010 2:20 PM
Jun 17, 2011 1:01 PM

Sep 2009
Oh hey someth-
-yawns-
ing.......
happens.
Jul 5, 2011 2:33 PM

Jun 2011
Pfft.
Took ages just for that dude to die eventually?
Meanwhile they could've just gone ahead and kill the freaking alien,, twice probably, actually saving Nishi.
Imo just retarded.
The joke's on you wolf, the pigs are cannibals..~
Jul 21, 2011 7:58 AM

Jan 2011
Nishi would had been saved, if Katou didn't hestitate. On another note, Nishi's death scene was a bit dragged on, I really wanted to skip through the whole scene but afraid I might miss something important. T-T
Oct 21, 2011 1:36 PM

Jul 2009
Probably not a good way to die, with a broken neck, and blood coming out of your facial orifices.
'Everything is impossible until proven possible.' - Me

Nov 28, 2011 1:40 PM

Nov 2007
Damn nishi was the coolest character no doubt.
This world is full of pussies, they didnt even really get to use their outfits, just standing around for the most of the episode
Dec 8, 2011 9:40 PM

Jul 2009
Is it just me or do these characters have no fucking common sense?

Fucking retards, this is the stupidest shit ever and im still watching it.

Like really? I tried to justify their actions by saying it was realistic and in real life u'd be to scared to do shit but no, they are just fucking dumb. No survival insticts at all.

ALL of them are dumb as shit. Even Nishi, fucking idiots. I wanna see more Gantz he might be the smartest one this entire series has to offer, or the friggin dog. Cuz no one else has sense.

SO dumb. Ugh im so irritated by their idiocy. The friggin creature doesnt even attack immediately, and who's dumb enough to be like WHAT DO I DO? U FUCKING TAKE THE GUN U GOT AND U SHOOT, U FUCKING SHOOT IF U WANNA LIVE AND GO HOME. SHOOT DAMNIT SHOOT, DONT CRY, BICKER AMONGST URSELVES, RUN, PEE URSELF, FRIGGIN SHOOOOOOOOOOOOT
Apr 17, 2012 12:19 PM
Feb 2012
Inugirlz said:
Is it just me or do these characters have no fucking common sense?

Fucking retards, this is the stupidest shit ever and im still watching it.

Like really? I tried to justify their actions by saying it was realistic and in real life u'd be to scared to do shit but no, they are just fucking dumb. No survival insticts at all.

ALL of them are dumb as shit. Even Nishi, fucking idiots. I wanna see more Gantz he might be the smartest one this entire series has to offer, or the friggin dog. Cuz no one else has sense.

SO dumb. Ugh im so irritated by their idiocy. The friggin creature doesnt even attack immediately, and who's dumb enough to be like WHAT DO I DO? U FUCKING TAKE THE GUN U GOT AND U SHOOT, U FUCKING SHOOT IF U WANNA LIVE AND GO HOME. SHOOT DAMNIT SHOOT, DONT CRY, BICKER AMONGST URSELVES, RUN, PEE URSELF, FRIGGIN SHOOOOOOOOOOOOT

^ This.

The characters act as if nothing unusual were happening, I mean, they woke up in an unknow place with a strange black ball, that black ball gives them weapons and a suit, then suddenly they are teleported and now there's a retarded-looking robot screaming and attacking a guy and they just stand there watching like everything is normal, there's nothing "realistic" in these attitudes.

Kurono: "Herp derp I can't save him, I don't have a suit" (It's not like he have a gun)

Kishimoto: "Waaaaah help him, waaaaaaaaaah, I have a gun and a suit who gives me strange powers but I can't save him waaaaaaaah"

Katou: "Omg what should I do? I'm probably the strongest one here, but I don't know if I should save him or not" - Then he jumps and watch while the robot kills Nishi because "he can't kill anyone" (Even if it's a robot)

Model guy: "Herp derp, can I go home?" (Acting like nothing is happening)

Old lady and kid: "What a cool robot!!11!!!1!!1111!" "Oh dear, poor kid, I'm going to call your mommy and we are going to eat some hamburgers ^^" (Again, acting like nothing is happening)

Bikers: "Haha lets just sit here and watch the robot kill that guy" (It's not like the robot is going to attack them after he kills Nishi"

Tetsu: "What is happening????" (lol)

Then, while Nishi is dying:

"Hey, if we kill the other alien we can save him!"

"Nah, lets just stay here and hear his last words"

And the animation is so bad, the scene when Nishi was running and the robot flying behind him was one of the worst animations ever.
Apr 29, 2012 8:16 AM

Aug 2008
Gosh... this is so slow. I like the anime, as I said, because of the idea, because of the plot and graphics and soundtrack... yeah, it's a good idea and all, this GANTZ thing, but the thing is the action is way too slow for my taste.
Even so, I have to say, this episode was a good one -compared to the others I guess.
I didn't expect Nishi to die.. but it was a good scene - even though the animation has a lot of mistakes, I guess.

What's good about this anime is people's stupidity and selfishness. The thing is... it's kind of true: people are like that, goddamn selfish and bastards, even though they want to seem they are not, they are; fucking bastards.

I liked something Nishi said: I didn't hate anybody... I hated society.
Bet you did, dude.

The little kid makes me wanna cut his neck with an axe. Dude! 'let's stay here and watch how the robot kills everybody, grandma' and his bunny-granny is something like 'yeah, sure, darling'. Fuck you, dudes.

Let's see what's next.
鳥はとぶ時
つばさでとぶが
あなたはとぶ時
何でとぶのですか?
Terayama Shuji
Jul 13, 2012 7:10 AM

Aug 2011
RandomBrandon pretty much summed up everything I though about this episode.

Nishi is dying and meanwhile they are thinking of a way to save him. They understand that there's another alien to kill and there's still time to save Nishi. Somebody (the girl I think) even said "Is there anything we can do?!?!?!?!" - but no, they just stand around the dying guy, doing nothing.
Sep 21, 2012 6:43 PM

Feb 2012
Teh said:
Gosh... this is so slow. I like the anime, as I said, because of the idea, because of the plot and graphics and soundtrack... yeah, it's a good idea and all, this GANTZ thing, but the thing is the action is way too slow for my taste.
Even so, I have to say, this episode was a good one -compared to the others I guess.
I didn't expect Nishi to die.. but it was a good scene - even though the animation has a lot of mistakes, I guess.

What's good about this anime is people's stupidity and selfishness. The thing is... it's kind of true: people are like that, goddamn selfish and bastards, even though they want to seem they are not, they are; fucking bastards.

I liked something Nishi said: I didn't hate anybody... I hated society.
Bet you did, dude.

The little kid makes me wanna cut his neck with an axe. Dude! 'let's stay here and watch how the robot kills everybody, grandma' and his bunny-granny is something like 'yeah, sure, darling'. Fuck you, dudes.

Let's see what's next.

This sums up all my thoughts so far.

Oct 24, 2012 11:46 AM

May 2012
I knew it and well it's rather good that he died! What happens now is a big question for me!
Feb 10, 2013 2:29 PM

Jan 2012
Nishi's death was no big deal, hated the little rat. Anyway, I can't believe we still don't know nothing about gantz. Atleast the fight was entertaining.

Aug 3, 2013 4:55 PM
Apr 2013
Lanet said:
Nishi would had been saved, if Katou didn't hestitate. On another note, Nishi's death scene was a bit dragged on, I really wanted to skip through the whole scene but afraid I might miss something important. T-T
Hesitate? Son, they literally stood around for 20 mins, watching Nishi get beat and eventually killed. He kept telling them to catch the last guy so they can all go back and survive. Plus the three main characters know that from the last time.

I can't watch anymore of this garbage. It does suspense well, but the writing and script is such shit. No one's actions make any sense aside from maybe Nishi, the grandmother and the biker leader guy, and even then it's nonsensical at best. It's ironic this anime is about aliens, because it feels like an alien wrote this with only a fraction of understanding human behavior.
Nov 13, 2013 4:48 PM

Dec 2012
Wow, so Nishi bites the bullet? Didn't really expect that, I thought we still had a lot to learn from him. I'll admit he managed to score some sympathy from me as he bled out. Sure, he was an asshole up until that moment but I don't think I'd have much more patience dealing with these idiots either. Only ten points left...? I'm guessing once you rack up a hundred points, Gantz releases you and you're no longer called upon to kill aliens. You can return to a life of normalcy. And if you refuse to go along with Gantz, it will be spontaneously blow your head up.

I agree with y'all, some of these character's reactions are bizarre, frustrating, and simply unrealistic. They stand around a dying Nishi wishing they could help him, when we know that if they would go and kill the other alien then they'd all be beamed back into the room without a scratch!

Let the grandmother/grandson be next on the list of casualties... simply cannot STAND them.

Two episodes to go.
May 4, 2014 7:45 AM

Jun 2011
Kishimoto has to be one of the most annoying characters of all time.
Not to mention manipulative.
Jun 1, 2014 7:54 PM

Sep 2011
And hes OUT OF HERE! (about time)
Jun 15, 2014 5:40 PM

Jun 2009
The animation severely lacked in this episode. And the pacing was slower than usual.

T ^ T I love you Nishi. You were just to cocky and too excited.

As for everyone else... they're all inept and retarded.

"WHAT CAN WE DO? YOU THERE! DO SOMETHING! DO SOMETHINGGGGGG!!11!1!"
Jul 12, 2014 2:01 PM

Jun 2009
They should learn from Goku, lol, if you know what I mean
ZinvyJul 12, 2014 2:55 PM
Live well - Laugh often - and Love much

Aug 11, 2014 2:10 PM

Mar 2012
Are these guys dumb or what? Instead of going to kill the next alien they're just there staring at the guy while he's dying -.-
Aug 25, 2014 4:54 PM

Jun 2013
Very nice and emotional episode!
Aug 25, 2014 5:06 PM
Mar 2014
Meh, dragging out death scenes isn't my cup of tea, also the way they ruined Nishi's character archetype. I enjoyed his "I will kill you all", psycho killer vibe he was giving off, but then, screaming like a bitch towards the end... -_-

Also anyone else find themselves nearly screaming at the screen "Kill the fucking Bird- robot thing already" or maybe i'm crazy
Nov 17, 2014 3:04 AM

Jul 2013
All fuckers sit on bridge and just watch Nishi die... best character died end of show....
And then the fuck they start doing something all episode is just standing in place
Aug 1, 2015 11:42 AM

Apr 2014
Go find the next alien instead of waiting by for Nishi to die, maybe he could have been saved.? So much time wasting..
---------My Profile------------
Jan 31, 2016 11:38 AM

Aug 2013
Was I suppose to feel bad about Nishi dying? Why does he get a sad death scene. I'm glad the fucker is dead.
Jan 31, 2016 9:57 PM

Sep 2012
They could have saved him by killing the other monster but no, they just waited for him to die.
Sep 9, 2016 5:54 AM

Apr 2009
ohhh~ please! The pacing is killing this show.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 31, 2017 12:28 PM

Dec 2015
If I wasn't trying to complete an anime-watching challenge, I would not complete the last two episodes of this fuckery.
Aug 7, 2017 6:32 AM

Mar 2016
ahhhh 2 more ep!!!this anime is soo shit hahaha though whats more shit is my dumbass still watching it:/
Bruneian
Here
Feel
Free
To
Add
Mehh
You
Fkin
Scrub
Oct 12, 2017 11:45 PM

Jun 2013
Poor Kishimoto, she's crying out for people to help out her husband, Kato but they're ignoring her :( only when she stood up on the ledge did Kurono offer to go instead.

Thank goodness Kato finally used his suit's potential.

Bird thing covered in mucus and cum. Ugh, fucking disgusting. D: No wonder he got mad, Nishi killed his babies.

RIP Nishi, you were the only asshole that I liked. I agree with him, society is very fucked up. So he broke his neck after he committed suicide. Anyway, he said more during his death in the Anime than in the manga.
臭い-
Nov 25, 2017 7:28 AM
Jul 2018
Nishi is an asshole. One that I like very much. For me, Nishi is a big loss. They should have saved him, but just wait around stupidly. -.- The majority of the characters are so stupid. Nishi was still the star of the anime.
Aug 17, 2018 12:23 PM

May 2016
Seriously there is something called time it seems these people don't know about it...
Jun 12, 2019 12:45 AM
Dec 2009
These guys wasted too much time. It's so dumb.
Malloween Candies (2023):
6 main candies
Sep 3, 2022 3:44 PM
Dec 2017
I will admit that the characters in Gantz are REALLY fucking stupid. But I'm actually glad that Nishi's final moments played out the way they did. It was slow but gave you more information about his character and his thought process. By no means does it redeem him, but it does make him a more understandable character. That one scene made me sympathize with a character I hated so I appreciate it despite it being lengthy.
Apr 11, 2023 5:33 AM

Oct 2014
Aside from his suit not working/malfunctioning/breaking, Nishi's death made zero sense. He's collected 90 points, so he must have played cautiously this far. Against greenonion he didn't appear until right at the end. But this time he appears before anyone has attacked and provokes the target, also did he not check his radar and notice there were 2?...
Sep 4, 2023 1:44 PM

Nov 2010
Kishimoto is such a screw magnet. Nearly every guy in the vicinity seems to want to hump her. Haha
Damn, I didn't want Nishi to die since I wanted to see what would happen once someone reached 100 pts.
Nishi is relatable in the end. I also despise society for their nonsense and for forcing me to do BS stuff.
Dec 27, 2023 4:13 PM
Jun 2022
Nah , No Dope Comedy Like Before . All Noice Build Ups Came To A Halt . Ed Theme Is The Only Good Thing Left.
Feb 8, 8:58 AM

Jan 2020
Well that was unexpected for Nishi to be dead this early....where's latex doggo tho ?

More topics from this board

» Should I watch the sequel to this or skip to the CG movie?

LenRea - Apr 1

7 by EmiPyon »»
Apr 3, 7:28 AM

Poll: » Gantz Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Scribbly - Sep 19, 2008

51 by Edomite »»
Mar 16, 6:06 AM

Poll: » Gantz Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Scribbly - Oct 5, 2008

68 by Randomega »»
Feb 8, 8:32 PM

Poll: » Gantz Episode 12 Discussion

Scribbly - Oct 5, 2008

42 by Randomega »»
Feb 8, 5:43 PM

Poll: » Gantz Episode 10 Discussion

B25Mitch - Sep 27, 2008

36 by Randomega »»
Feb 8, 6:42 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.