Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Oct 5, 2008 10:44 PM

Nov 2007
Randomly checked it out, seems interesting enough to watch at least a couple more. My favorite part was wand banishing, hopefully there are more things like that to come.
Oct 6, 2008 1:15 AM

Dec 2007
at first i didnt like how is started but later on into the episode i started to enjoy it.
will continue watching ^^
Oct 6, 2008 3:05 AM

Jul 2007
WOW i can't get enough of the op! this op and the ed for toradora goes for my song picks of this season. but the animation is A+ just like haruhi ed/lucky star op XD

nagi does remind me of horo and i had to check a couple of times that it was really lala's voice and not ami koshimizu XD since this is a short series, i'll pretty much watch this til the end. wooo!
Oct 6, 2008 3:56 AM
Sep 2008
good start, liked to OP and it followed the first chapters of the manga closely, high points for that.

LOL when that centipede got on her leg and Jin just took it off and tossed it aside..

Did anyone else think Nagi sounded like Lala??? or it's just me??
Oct 6, 2008 5:24 AM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007
That was pretty nice. The OP is catchy and the animation seems well done.

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
Oct 6, 2008 6:24 AM

Feb 2008
Woah, if they keep that up then it looks like we've found a winner.
Oct 6, 2008 9:46 AM

Jul 2008
i agree, the story is unique, the character are fun to watch a great serie. and the OP is simply great.

Oct 6, 2008 10:41 AM

Jan 2007
that was a very nice adaptation. So far things are looking very good. Nagi <3
Oct 6, 2008 11:54 AM
Jun 2008
Nice animation and colorchoices, and episode itself wasn't so bad. But it was really anything outstanding either. Well, highly entertaining :)
Oct 6, 2008 12:13 PM

Dec 2007
Aside from the clichéd story, the episode was actually a lot of fun. The animation is of pretty high quality, the voice acting matches the animation (for once), the characters are pretty likeable and the script is sharp, funny, and makes fun of fanservice/perversion at every turn. Definitely gonna keep this one on my watching list.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 6, 2008 12:27 PM

May 2007
Although I don't really understand the story, I loved this episode. Really funny. I like the way how ecchi isn't the main point, but a way to make the show funnier. I've never thought that I can see god fanservice. Or rather, non-service (damn that leaf!) The BGM is great, and so is the OP sequence. No problem with the seiyuu cast. It will take awhile for me to accustomed to the art, but that doesn't mean it's bad.
Oct 6, 2008 1:10 PM

Aug 2008
I really like the opening song and dance sequence!!! Nagi is soooooo moeeeeeee
Oct 6, 2008 1:33 PM

Aug 2007
Really great. This series seems like a fun one.

Nagi is cute~
Oct 6, 2008 7:33 PM

Jan 2008
fabulous OP, Haruka Tomatsu's amazing <333
sore demo jimi da ne~ honto no koi da ne~ kizuite~~~~♪

i love the facial expressions in the anime, there's even the crayon shin-chan-like smile when she was given the taiyaki xD

great episode, i have a feeling this is going to be one of the best anime around
Oct 7, 2008 1:15 AM
Sep 2007
Fun first episode. And

Shiki1232 said:
Nagi is soooooo moeeeeeee

Fall season is overloaded with cuteness. Which is a good thing.
Oct 7, 2008 4:52 AM

Jan 2008
Zomg I love this. OP is full of win.
Oct 7, 2008 9:07 AM

Dec 2007
aero said:
Zomg I love this. OP is full of win.

So true !

Looking interesting, this first episode. Definitely looking forward to the next episode.
Oct 7, 2008 9:20 AM

May 2008
Not bad. Not bad. This was a good find.
In fact, this was quite fantastic.

I need more of this. And I can't hardly wait
Meaning wow...this was actually excitingly good.
Even though I didn't add lots of exclamation marks and all caps to my post and multiple strong adjectives right off the bat to describe my feelings.

This is actually sort of..exciting. I like this.

Though I don't much care for the OP song, just yet. But maybe it'll grown on me.

As for random comments, he sure does talk improperly to her for her being a god. And even sort of orders her around like he's above her. SHE'S A FREAKING GOD. Learn some respect.xD

Dude you don't ask a god to do chores.
But other than that, I can totally relate to the main guy. In that being a spiritual animist sense.
And that I would probably be all "what, did I just look at a god in a lude fashion?"

She called him a nonbeliever, but considering his interests, I'm suprised he wouldn't visit his local shrine regularly. And know all about her, and not just that place as a playground, and her touching him while he grabbed a spider as a kid.

Old avatar and sig retired for now.
Oct 7, 2008 1:21 PM

Jul 2008
ukonkivi said:
Not bad. Not bad. This was a good find.
In fact, this was quite fantastic.

I need more of this. And I can't hardly wait
Meaning wow...this was actually excitingly good.
Even though I didn't add lots of exclamation marks and all caps to my post and multiple strong adjectives right off the bat to describe my feelings.

This is actually sort of..exciting. I like this.

Though I don't much care for the OP song, just yet. But maybe it'll grown on me.

As for random comments, he sure does talk improperly to her for her being a god. And even sort of orders her around like he's above her. SHE'S A FREAKING GOD. Learn some respect.xD

Dude you don't ask a god to do chores.
But other than that, I can totally relate to the main guy. In that being a spiritual animist sense.
And that I would probably be all "what, did I just look at a god in a lude fashion?"

She called him a nonbeliever, but considering his interests, I'm suprised he wouldn't visit his local shrine regularly. And know all about her, and not just that place as a playground, and her touching him while he grabbed a spider as a kid.

Actually I think he had guidance from the Shrine or is a son of a priest just now they are relocating the Shrine and his home I guess since he used to live there or at least play often.

Yeah the Goddess was there when he was a kid but like Nagi said he had to have some kind of training or gift that got developed.

Yeah I know about the chores thing but remember asking GOD never hurts and GOD is always nice whether he is girl or not.
Oops! I appear to be incapable of following Rules 16 and 17, so I had to have a mod change my sig for me.
Oct 7, 2008 1:58 PM

Aug 2008
Pretty good. It's definitely good to go. I give this start a 4/5.

One thing's for sure: I would have pissed myself and died in instant heart attack when the woodcraft turned into the girl! :)
Oct 7, 2008 2:08 PM

Apr 2008
Wow, I actually liked it.

Good character designs, too.
Oct 7, 2008 2:17 PM

Aug 2007
Finally found an funny anime, I can't remember what was the last one that I watched.

4/5, cuz its first episode.
Oct 7, 2008 2:54 PM

Jul 2008
nothing spectacular, but it seems interesting enough, ill keep up with it
Oct 7, 2008 2:56 PM

Jun 2007
Oh that was really good!! Animation is so pretty *0*
Looking forward to the next one where the non-sense starts~
Oct 7, 2008 3:05 PM

Jun 2007
really nice OP animation, and song (i have watched it lots of times now...). some of the parts are kinda funny now that i think about it.
i think i loved nagi since the moment i saw her, but i didn't expect her to have that kind of personality... but, i dont think i will mind it.
this is definitely one of the better anime this season.
too bad it was not 720p
comedy was nice too. dropping the bike made me smile. predictable though xD
he picked up the bug.... xD
nagi was kinda cute though... getting caught up in the bishoujo mahou shoujo xD
at least the male lead is not too perverted... not TOO perverted..... aghh
lol @ nagi standing there as if nothing had happened when jun (was it?) was naked xD
so gods also go to the bathroom.... i really didn't know that

at the end, nagi was cute... moe.

i am having big expectations from this one.
Oct 7, 2008 3:10 PM

Sep 2008
some good laughs here and there :D sort of had a spice and wolf feel to it
Oct 7, 2008 4:52 PM

Jun 2008
darth_lex said:

please dont insult Spice & Wolf

a decent show yes, but all the talk of this being the "best show of the season" is utter nonsense
Oct 7, 2008 6:14 PM

Jul 2008
Zeinzu-sama said:
darth_lex said:

please dont insult Spice & Wolf

a decent show yes, but all the talk of this being the "best show of the season" is utter nonsense

I disagree this is the best show of the season but not overall but in the theme it is in. I never seen all these elements as such although there have been such variations like that.
Oops! I appear to be incapable of following Rules 16 and 17, so I had to have a mod change my sig for me.
Oct 7, 2008 6:40 PM

Nov 2007
WOW, I LOVED THIS EPISODE!

#Feitoism @ irc.rizon.net - the official IRC channel for Fate Testarossa.
Oct 7, 2008 7:29 PM

Oct 2008
the opening song is sooo awesome!

Good episode too :)
Oct 7, 2008 10:00 PM

Nov 2007
Loved the opening. This was good first episode. Will be looking forward to watching more of this.

Also lol at "So even gods use the toilet."

I take icon requests.
Oct 8, 2008 10:15 AM

Apr 2007
Op is amazing of course, no annoying little moe moe voice singing the cute song either. The Ed was also very appropriate, like a chant heard hundreds of years ago perhaps.

This may be one "girl comes to lives with guy under one roof" title that I may enjoy, if they focus more on humor, wonderfully placed music, and character fleshing as opposed to something like Seikirei. (what was I expecting though? lol)
~Goes by: Magami/Magamish/Magameep/Maga-me~
Oct 8, 2008 2:00 PM

Aug 2008
wow,loved the episode,best animation of the season by far,i tought this was going to be one of those annoying shows where the girls are screaming the whole time,but i enjoyed it a lot
Oct 9, 2008 12:34 AM

Jul 2008
The episode was nice, it had very good humor. Telling her to occupy herself, then packing up the girl mags, . . . classic.
Oct 9, 2008 4:57 AM

Apr 2007
Really great start, met my expectations.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 9, 2008 9:48 AM

Oct 2007
One more shonen dream series about how sucker meets magical/mystical ubergirl...

I approached it without any high expectations just waiting for it to surprise me. And i got only good animation. Blah.

But maybe it'll be different than the rest of its kind and show some innovation in later eps. I do hope so.

Help the poor Ninja! Click Billy vs Snakeman link today!
Oct 9, 2008 10:38 AM

May 2008
angel999 said:
Yeah I know about the chores thing but remember asking GOD never hurts and GOD is always nice whether he is girl or not.

You do realize we're taking about a Shinto goddess and not a Jewish God here right?

Gods are known for their fickle behavior. Look up the story of Amaterasu.
They're a lot like humans, except with power.

Yes there is an element of helping humans at there. They're gods and not demons.
And applies to this anime, since it's based on Shinto.

And I know she's a human helping divinity but...*sigh*
It's hard to explain.

It's like how you wouldn't expect a princess to do her own house chores.

Oct 9, 2008 10:39 AM

Feb 2008
Not bad, not bad. The animation is absolutely amazing.
Oct 9, 2008 3:45 PM

Jul 2008
This is like spice and Wolf. :)
I'm gonna follow along with this one

Oct 9, 2008 7:44 PM
Observer

Nov 2007
lol

the ending song was SO contrasted with the opening song. It's similar to a folk song mixed with traditional/classical (i.e. not used anymore) Japanese....

I was whoa when -fu verbs and vocab from classical chinese popped out...O_O

I was surprised (by the ending song)

edit: I relistened to the ending and recognize some parts that look like Shinto prayers (nori-to 祝詞)....It seems directly inspired from 六月晦大祓祝詞
Here is the full text: http://ja.wikisource.org/wiki/%E5%85%AD%E6%9C%88%E6%99%A6%E5%A4%A7%E7%A5%93%E7%A5%9D%E8%A9%9E
wakka9caOct 9, 2008 8:06 PM
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Oct 9, 2008 9:12 PM

Sep 2008
was nice...

i will waiting the next for a comment.. :P
Oct 10, 2008 2:23 AM

Nov 2007
Lulz I enjoyed it lots. :DD I like Nagi and Jin! & loved the OP~
Oct 10, 2008 3:15 AM

Jul 2008
ukonkivi said:
angel999 said:

You do realize we're taking about a Shinto goddess and not a Jewish God here right?

Gods are known for their fickle behavior. Look up the story of Amaterasu.
They're a lot like humans, except with power.

Yes there is an element of helping humans at there. They're gods and not demons.
And applies to this anime, since it's based on Shinto.

And I know she's a human helping divinity but...*sigh*
It's hard to explain.

It's like how you wouldn't expect a princess to do her own house chores.

I realize that but Shinto or not there are just forms and the GODS are who they are and not different.

I also know Shinto religion is closest to mines although my religion encompasses all other religion. WHO CARES ABOUT RACE IN RELIGION, the concept is there such as my concept is still around just many forget about it.
Oct 10, 2008 12:33 PM

May 2008
Dude, just because I said they don't worship a Jewish God doesn't mean I was talking about race.
I think you got hung up on the word 'Jew'.

Anyway this is what I'm talking about.
The kami traditionally possessed two souls, one gentle (nigi-mitama) and the other aggressive (ara-mitama). This human but powerful form of kami was also divided into amatsu-kami ("the heavenly deities") and kunitsu-kami ("the gods of the earthly realm"). A deity would behave differently according to which soul was in control at a given time. In many ways, this was representative of nature's sudden changes and would explain why there were kami for every meteorological event: snowfall, rain, typhoons, floods, lightning and volcanoes.

In any case gods in Shinto are supposed to deserve the highest degree of respect.
I don't even remember that guy using respectful speech in front of her.

Oct 10, 2008 12:35 PM

Apr 2008
Oh crap is Angel a scientologist?
Oct 10, 2008 1:17 PM

Oct 2008
I was pleasantly surprised. I was expecting the whole fan service arsenal, like panty shots and boob grabbing, but none of this happened. I think I might like this anime. Also, I'm in love with the ending song.
Oct 10, 2008 2:12 PM

May 2008
I'm starting to become curious as to what his religion is now.

While I think that many people who are not knowledgeable about polytheism, animism, and paganism in general, erroneously assume that gods are always these angry creatures to be feared for otherwise they will punish. Such as the strong Greco-Roman polytheism, Assyro-Babylonian, and such where it's a wholly situation of humans appeasing gods or things will go wrong out of gods punishing humans.

And other forms of polytheism where gods are guiding, loving spirits who wish to help humans instead mere human controlling egotists. Many gods, in the sense of Japanese, Korean, Siberian, Finnish, Germanic, Baltic, other Uralic, and other Northern Eurasian Animist religions which contain softer polytheism do not have the same sense of things. Animists polytheism is patently softer polytheism than the sort of polytheism who's culture is closer to the fertile crescent.

These gods are the type of gods I believe in. The type which we call tutelary.
The type that exist in Shinto and therefor this anime, which is Shinto based.
In which gods and goddesses have a constant sense of duty towards humans.

It's still not true that gods are spirits of constant humility.
He should be expected to use extremely formal speech and mannerisms around her, even if he's allow her to stay in his house. Especially if it's the first day. It should be quite a little while before he should even refer to her as -chama. Indicating a close yet reverent relationship.

God I don't get enough religious discussion on the internet. Somebody direct me to a Pagan forum.

Oct 10, 2008 2:44 PM
Observer

Nov 2007
ukonkivi said:

It's still not true that gods are spirits of constant humility.
He should be expected to use extremely formal speech and mannerisms around her, even if he's allow her to stay in his house. Especially if it's the first day. It should be quite a little while before he should even refer to her as -chama. Indicating a close yet reverent relationship.

We're in anime. And on top of that, Nagi did not behave in any way as a proper land deity. Also, Jin thought at first she was just a simple tree spirit, not the local god... That's why he did not show any respect and simply talked casually...

I like the ending song by the way... I never thought Shinto prayer will appear in anime songs....

bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Oct 12, 2008 7:55 PM
Anime Moderator
Grammar Queen

Jun 2008
so far so good :)
wonderfully animated op
p r o f i l e 👀
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kannagi Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

DeadIEnd - Dec 27, 2008

222 by __FK__ »»
Feb 21, 12:36 PM

» SEASON 2 WHERE?!!!?!?

KhoaVN - Sep 24, 2023

1 by TheChainsawMan »»
Sep 24, 2023 8:55 AM

» ...I could eat three bowls of rice

formosan - Feb 12, 2009

2 by KhoaVN »»
Sep 24, 2023 7:43 AM

Poll: » Kannagi Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

sniW - Dec 6, 2008

176 by 3miL »»
Mar 18, 2023 12:29 AM

Poll: » Kannagi Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

angel999 - Oct 25, 2008

123 by Dreadogastus_F »»
Oct 17, 2022 7:01 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.