Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Jan 22, 2010 10:36 PM

Nov 2009
Im abit confused, So apart from the assasin servant, there was another servant up on the hill. (probably the caster from the looks of things) so theres 2 masters up that hill working together or something? O.o
Feb 18, 2010 2:07 AM

Sep 2009
Maybe Emiya will unleash some unknown power during his training...
May 31, 2010 3:04 PM

Jan 2008
Emiya keeps annoying me more and more with each episode.

Saber knows what she's doing so let her do it. So he needs to stop acting like a little wuss.
Jul 5, 2010 10:49 AM

Sep 2009
I really hate Emiya now.

I was expecting more from Saber's duel with Assassin. Wish we could have seen saber's move. Still good anyway.
Sep 20, 2010 9:42 AM
Jul 2010
I loved the fight but it was clearly one-sided. Saber wasn't being able to keep up. Shinji pulled out a really nice move letting that info out though Rider wasn't powerful enough to defeat that master.
Shirou is becoming really annoying. Let Saber fight, would you? Just because she's a girl that doesn't mean she's weak. I'm glad Rin told Saber exactly what was going through Shirou's mind and hopefully she'll be hard on him in the trainings. I though it was a really nice idea but I can't help but think it's useless. Shirou is so close-minded and stubborn about his ideals that I doubt he will be ok with letting Saber fight. Too bad, because I really like her.
About Rin, I like her perceptiveness of feelings and overall rational capabilities but she's somewhat arrogant sometimes. It's not like she's cold (Saber is more like that) but she gives off the feeling that she's superior to everyone else and that annoys me. I still like her though. She's a nice character.
Nov 22, 2010 11:34 AM

Feb 2010
Does Assassin remind anyone else of Sephiroth?
It's not breaking in if the door is unlocked.

Feb 10, 2011 11:16 AM

Aug 2010
Fabienne said:
Well, Rider is hot ; )

A little fan service!!
Jun 15, 2011 7:59 PM

Jul 2010
I wish Emiya would let saber fight. It would make this anime much better
Sep 13, 2011 2:44 PM

Sep 2008
Fabienne said:
Well, Rider is hot ; )

Yup, pretty nice butt.

Yup, Shirou is pretty annoying with his sexism.
Oct 14, 2011 10:53 AM

Jun 2009
Shirou is such an idiot. I hope Saber will be hard on him during the training.
Nov 1, 2011 12:37 PM

Jun 2009
insan3soldiern said:
Yeah, the whole "girls should not fight" shtick is starting to annoy me. Luckily it is also annoying Saber, who will hopefully set Shirou straight during his "training."

And, again, Studio Deen does a spectacular job of fucking up Shirou's characterization. I don't care what previous posters said Shirou is not sexist in the actual Fate route of the VN, though if the characterization is handled badly like in this adaptation it will come off like that.

That said, it was a pretty decent episode. I guess everyone would have liked to have seen Saber reveal her Noble Phantasm and name, but if she'd done that Assassin would have been done for..point blank. The Rider stuff was kind of cool.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Feb 27, 2012 1:04 PM

Feb 2012
Wow, there's a fine line between chivalry and chauvinism and Emiya just crossed it. Actually, scratch that, it's actually a pretty thick line and he still managed to cross it.
Feb 29, 2012 4:53 AM

Dec 2011
the 3 things i cant stand about this anime so far is Sakura Matou and Taiga Fujimura (they are so damn irritating) and Shirou Emiya being an overall pussy lol.

Other than that, i like it :)
Mar 31, 2012 7:04 PM

Mar 2012
did anyone else see that shinji used emiya as a tool? he purposely told emiya where the enemy was so he would tell saber. Then saber would go and be the bait for Rider to enter.

Man i almost got to see Sabers power ><

And Emiya gonna be a badazz soon i hope :D
http://myanimelist.net/animelist/LuckyMango

http://myanimelist.net/mangalist/LuckyMango

Feel free to comment on my profile for anime recommendations.
Ill try my best to help! Remember don't message me. Comment!
Jul 8, 2012 8:12 AM
May 2012
There doesn't seem to have much fights and seems slow paced, but it looks like its getting better...hope we get to see Saber's true power.!

Jul 8, 2012 8:25 AM

Aug 2009
Mrameez said:
There doesn't seem to have much fights and seems slow paced, but it looks like its getting better...hope we get to see Saber's true power.!

UBW movie(somewhat)and FZ.FSN(fate route)Saber is the weakest and far from her true power.Not that she is the strongest but anyway..
Jul 8, 2012 10:22 AM
Dec 2007
ssjokg said:
Mrameez said:

UBW movie(somewhat)and FZ.FSN(fate route)Saber is the weakest and far from her true power.Not that she is the strongest but anyway..
Yeah, at least in UBW and Heaven's Feel she isn't running on "fumes" for 70% of the route.

Aug 22, 2012 7:46 AM

Nov 2011
Man, saber was totally about to destroy that servant.

"I like to expose what people hide. I'm an intellectual rapist." - Furudo Erika
Sep 8, 2012 9:17 PM

Aug 2012
I think its really sweet that Emiya doesn't want Saber to get hurt <3 He doesn't treat her like a servant like the others, but as another person that he wants to protect. That's just his personality. He's so old-fashioned its adorable ^.^
The fact that he doesn't want her to fight is dumb though- she's obviously really strong and can handle fighting another servant!
I wonder how the training will go. Maybe it will change his mind a little? Or he'll end up becoming really strong???
Sep 22, 2012 1:18 PM

Oct 2011
Emiya ah you just have to be a "man"
Dec 4, 2012 7:21 AM

May 2012
Quite loved this episode, quite impressive action and especially the ending was worth it, well I assume the next one will be an informative episode again... Oh well lets see where the story goes now!
Jan 25, 2013 1:47 PM
Aug 2011
Nayrael said:
yeah. They should've called him samurai.. that will sound better.

Samurai class doesn't exist. If someone summoned a Samurai hero, he would probably end up in either Saber or Rider class.

With that said, a Samurai can fulfill requirements for an Assassin: everyone who killed people under some kind assignment is an assassin. The way he fights doesn't decide if he is an assassin or not.

And to make one point clear: heroes are not restricted to only one class. More example Hercules can be summoned as either class but Caster (in this war he was summoned as Berserker)

Emiya is a sexist and its pissing me off. too bad cuz he's kinda cute lol Saber should fight as she damn well pleases since she actually can fight unlike SOMEONE we know! Grrrr....

emiya is an sexist only in Fate path (Saber's Path) (and this episode sanimated a scene from that path). In Tohsaka's and Sakura's path he is a better person and somebody worth respecting. Actually, you could say he is badass in other two paths.

When he said they should've called him a Samurai, they mean calling the whole kind a Samurai because of its characteristics, not just one man. Are you not capable of seeing that? What you say is - there is no class as samurai - is just nonsense in that aspect. And yes the fighting style is very relevant with someone's class or what you call someone. You cannot call a beast like Heracles an Assassin because of an assignment. It is just a common sense that assasins are mostly rogue, thief-like people.

So we will see Shirou combining his talents with swordsmanship, predictable. Anime goes well so far.
AdramelechJan 25, 2013 1:51 PM
Feb 17, 2013 2:24 PM

Jul 2008
Oh boy...Saber should have slapped Shirou silly. Not only is he woefully naive, he is a huge freaking idiot. He knows he wont win, but he'd rather die anyway and what would he accomplish? Nothing.
Mar 5, 2013 1:04 AM

Jan 2012
Saber is quite weak compared to how she was in Zero. The assassin was pretty cool.

Jun 13, 2013 4:33 AM

Nov 2012
not really bad the fighting scene :3 but still saber looked so weak in this episode :/ i dont enjoy it like f/z

btw what the hell? shiro is blushing when see saber "down" lol XD kind of funny when seeing that face of shiro..

btw i'm curious with what gonna happen with shiro sword training XD
Jun 13, 2013 7:12 AM

Aug 2009
Adramelech said:
Nayrael said:

Samurai class doesn't exist. If someone summoned a Samurai hero, he would probably end up in either Saber or Rider class.

With that said, a Samurai can fulfill requirements for an Assassin: everyone who killed people under some kind assignment is an assassin. The way he fights doesn't decide if he is an assassin or not.

And to make one point clear: heroes are not restricted to only one class. More example Hercules can be summoned as either class but Caster (in this war he was summoned as Berserker)

Emiya is a sexist and its pissing me off. too bad cuz he's kinda cute lol Saber should fight as she damn well pleases since she actually can fight unlike SOMEONE we know! Grrrr....

emiya is an sexist only in Fate path (Saber's Path) (and this episode sanimated a scene from that path). In Tohsaka's and Sakura's path he is a better person and somebody worth respecting. Actually, you could say he is badass in other two paths.

When he said they should've called him a Samurai, they mean calling the whole kind a Samurai because of its characteristics, not just one man. Are you not capable of seeing that? What you say is - there is no class as samurai - is just nonsense in that aspect. And yes the fighting style is very relevant with someone's class or what you call someone. You cannot call a beast like Heracles an Assassin because of an assignment. It is just a common sense that assasins are mostly rogue, thief-like people.

So we will see Shirou combining his talents with swordsmanship, predictable. Anime goes well so far.
Kinda late but since I saw it...

Samurai wouldnt be any different from Saber then...

And yes you can summon someone like Heracles as an assassin.If you KNOW about his trials you would know that.It's common sense that someone that killed and deceived many people during his assignments would be called an assassin.
Just because we call him a "hero" doesnt change that.
Jul 3, 2013 3:29 PM
Jun 2013
So we've learned something about Rider this episode. She's a whore.
Jul 3, 2013 3:31 PM

Aug 2009
MarcusSensory1 said:
So we've learned something about Rider this episode. She's a whore.
Why?
Jul 27, 2013 3:32 PM

Oct 2012
So, we got to see Rider in action... and Saber! Her whirlwind scene was brilliant!

And I guess it's not that Shirou do not want Saber to fight, he simply doesn't like someone dying in his place, that's something he grew up with (well, and you can tell that Saber in her heart is the same - that's one reason why she was summoned to him)

ItsMeAndrea said:
He's an obvious Swordsman, they should've called him like that.

halberdiers said:
And yea I agree that assassin is more of a swordsman. Rider should be the assassin, shes more like one.

Well, there is a reason for those classes ;) There is a reason Sasaki Koujirou is Assassin and at the same time Rider has abitlity to... well, you will see.
insan3soldiern said:
insan3soldiern said:
Yeah, the whole "girls should not fight" shtick is starting to annoy me. Luckily it is also annoying Saber, who will hopefully set Shirou straight during his "training."

And, again, Studio Deen does a spectacular job of fucking up Shirou's characterization. I don't care what previous posters said Shirou is not sexist in the actual Fate route of the VN, though if the characterization is handled badly like in this adaptation it will come off like that.

I don't think so. He really said that in the game. But anime-only viewers simply doesn't see all his thoughts behind his actions and why he is doing something.

That being said and with all three game parts having completed recently I still think this is pretty good adaptation.
Sep 2, 2013 9:28 AM

Dec 2012
Shirou, the Pokemon Trainer.

Shirou : Hey, Pikachu, I don't want to see you get hurt again. I would rather go up against a Pokemon myself than use you.
Sep 2, 2013 9:36 AM

Aug 2009
ClawViper7 said:
Shirou, the Pokemon Trainer.

Shirou : Hey, Pikachu, I don't want to see you get hurt again. I would rather go up against a Pokemon myself than use you.

What if Shirou is a Pokemon?Or at least a Pokemon in training?
Feb 3, 2014 9:14 PM

Jun 2013
Episode seemed boring until Saber unleashed her power. That really caught me off guard and gave me goosebumps! Shirou needs to stop acting like a tough guy, it's getting annoying.
Apr 24, 2014 3:00 PM

Dec 2013
I wanted to see her fckn power!!
Apr 27, 2014 12:45 PM

Nov 2012
Shirou must be one of the Top 10 most annoying lead characters in anime, he should change his attitude by end, I hope.
May 14, 2014 8:38 PM
Jun 2013
its ok for Shirou to learn how to fight but come on man let her fight as well.Its like letting a good sword rust and to be honest one way or another shes going to get hurt since you know your going to get your ass beat by a servent.

I did not know only the armor was part of sabers power up I thought it was the whole outfit.Also her move has one big flaw it takes like 5 minutes to power up but it seems the characters here have the dbzitus where you look at your opponent charge for an hr.Not a bad episode bring on the next one.
Jul 15, 2014 4:29 AM

Jan 2010
Emiya is ruining this show for me. Seriously.

Annoying, idiotic, a strange submissive complex, and his weird attitude towards girls. I get that they want to show him as a good guy somehow... but they've taken it so far that if it wasn't for Saber I'd be wishing for his defeat to get rid of him as a character :P
Jul 15, 2014 7:14 AM

Nov 2013
thaumx said:
Emiya is ruining this show for me. Seriously.

Annoying, idiotic, a strange submissive complex, and his weird attitude towards girls. I get that they want to show him as a good guy somehow... but they've taken it so far that if it wasn't for Saber I'd be wishing for his defeat to get rid of him as a character :P

You should not have watched it imo.
Nov 14, 2014 8:02 PM
Jul 2018
A wild Taillow appeared! XD
Feb 18, 2015 9:02 AM

Apr 2013
So that guy's the servant Assassin, wonder who his master is. That woman who was fighting Rider? Oh btw Rider is so hot <3
Mar 26, 2015 1:01 AM

Aug 2014
Why on earth did I have to watch first fate/zero and THEN fate/stay night? The protagonist is a whining little piece of shit, who thinks women are so precious and delicate. I hope he gets beaten badly because I can't handle his shit.

Oh, pitiful shadow cloaked in darkness.
Thy actions cause men pain and suffering.
Thy hollow soul drowns in thy sins.
How would you like to see what death is like?
-Enma Ai
Mar 26, 2015 4:13 AM

Jul 2007
Steven15ify said:
Why on earth did I have to watch first fate/zero and THEN fate/stay night? The protagonist is a whining little piece of shit, who thinks women are so precious and delicate. I hope he gets beaten badly because I can't handle his shit.

Because:
1) Zero is not supposed to be seen till after.
2) You are watching the wrong adaptation. This one is non-canon anime original story and no one takes it into account when talking about FSN franchise.
Jun 30, 2015 4:54 PM

Dec 2014
Lolz Shirou is such an embarrassment. He still does not understand a thing about Saber, clueless about the situtation he is in, and what's worse he is persistently refusing to grasp the circumstances and concept of the war. He is so out of place that I feel sorry for Saber.

“There are two kinds of arrogance. One where you are unequal to the task and one where your dreams are too big. The former is commonplace stupidity... but the latter is a rare species that is difficult to find.”

Apr 25, 2016 2:32 AM

Mar 2014
Premise at the Temple . Duel of Swordmanship .
Too much of a peacemonger . That's not being chivalrous at all .
At least There is what we called "Determination" from a fair viewpoint .
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 2, 2016 6:38 AM

Apr 2014
That was the best episode yet.

Wonder if its called Stay Night because literally every fucking character stays the night at Shirou'shouse
Nov 7, 2016 7:39 PM

Nov 2013
The fight was interesting.

It's good, that Mother Saber will give Shirou some sword lessons. That will at least increase his chances to survive.
You're a louse, Roger Smith. - R. Dorothy Wayneright
This is my fight! No Senpai, this is our fight! - Kojou Akatsuki & Yukina Himeragi
Jul 10, 2017 4:19 AM

Dec 2015
The fight was extremely... static (even for a swords duel), the battles were "tasteless". At least, the music kind of seasoned the thing (actually, it does it too sometimes out of battles).

Better than previously i troduced Servants, this one has a form suited to his identity and does indeed look like a past figure. Overall, it was fun to see Sasaki Kôjiro turning his famous Tsubame Gaeshi into a sci-fi strike. XD
Plus we learn that Servants are really dead people summoned here based on the way he talked.

3/5 More mysteries to uncover

About the Shiro complains, I was under the impression that as someone whose desire was to help people, he couldn't accept to stay still and have an underling fight in his place (I bet it would be the exact same thing with a male).

Dec 1, 2017 9:42 AM

Sep 2013
Kind of odd that the assassin servant didn't use any actual assassination techniques. Assassins don't typically introduce themselves to their target prior to attacking.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.
Sep 25, 2018 1:10 PM

Jan 2015
Another meh episode. Saber in Zero was way more badass.
Oct 8, 2018 2:41 PM

Feb 2015
Holy crap... I really disliked Shirou in the Fate route...

...he's definitely more annoying here.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» VN fan are annoying as Hell

chevalierkraken - Yesterday

19 by certifiedbinger »»
Today, 2:35 AM

» Seriously bro

Yeshaiah2015yesh - Apr 9

10 by Alexioos95 »»
Apr 10, 4:55 AM

Poll: » This or Unlimited Blade Works

Fukoku - Mar 28

13 by deg »»
Mar 31, 9:07 AM

Poll: » Fate/stay night Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Ruzgfpegk - Jul 3, 2008

135 by ToG25thBaam »»
Mar 7, 8:25 AM

» Zero or Unlimited Blade Works

infinite_Shadows - Feb 15

16 by Law_of_Cycles »»
Feb 24, 11:16 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.